• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Then there is this:

Hayter:

someone one else:

Another guy:
...Yeah, grasping at straws here, but part of me is holding on to the idea that Sutherland is there to act as a transition between Big Boss' younger voice and his older voice in MGS4 by Richard Doyle. And that Hayter is just "trolling" when saying he wasn't contacted.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
...Yeah, grasping at straws here, but part of me is holding on to the idea that Sutherland is there to act as a transition between Big Boss' younger voice and his older voice in MGS4 by Richard Doyle. And that Hayter is just "trolling" when saying he wasn't contacted.
That's what we're all hoping.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
This has nothing to do with what we are currently dicussing, but with all the recent talk about Snake's Codec's and Palutena's guidance, I just wanted to post this here.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/03/creating-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and-3ds?page=2
"On the topic of the roster, Sakurai noted that the 3DS version of the game, with its hardware’s technical limitations, would likely keep the volume of the roster in check, though no characters had been cut so far, and any determination to that effect is a ways away. Which characters ultimately are included will be the result of careful consideration, ranging from which fighters have unique characteristics, equally representing franchises and how signature traits carry over well from previous games like Brawl. Sakurai did tell me that “multiple character” combatants like the Ice Climbers were proving a technical challenge on the 3DS."
This was back in 2013. Interesting. Wonder what it means for our favorite mercenary.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I got my Wii U yesterday & as I registered it, they asked me what made me decide to buy the console. I said Smash of course & threw in a bit about desperately wanting Snake in as DLC, going to say the same when I register Smash next Friday. Every little bit helps...I hope.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I wouldn't be surprised if Konami told Nintendo to hold him off so he can be DLC to be released around the time of MGSV. I've been seeing alot of casual fans in comments on YT videos & what not ask where Snake is, so I think his return could garner some hype for both Smash & MGSV.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
This article has been known for quite a while, which really sparked many Smash 4 speculators to thinking no one was cut, which now isn't the case. :p
Yeah, but I never heard about it until it was posted in the rumors and leaks group. And I'll be honest, if I knew about it, I would have used it as an argument for snake during character speculation days :p.

I really wish this was posted during that Foxweekly debacle. The article lost its relevance when it was taken down, but I think this completely kills it. We could have stopped that foxweekly from getting big if I or any one else knew this .

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
That project m big boss alt is awesome! Glad they added it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

I wouldn't be surprised if Konami told Nintendo to hold him off so he can be DLC to be released around the time of MGSV. I've been seeing alot of casual fans in comments on YT videos & what not ask where Snake is, so I think his return could garner some hype for both Smash & MGSV.
That'd be a great marketing strategy IF MGSV WAS COMING OUT ON WII U. Buy the game, get Snake DLC free. Ah, in a perfect world...

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
I would love to have a Snake amiibo that look like that. Also, I hope they make Snake stand up taller than he did in Brawl.
Yeah I was never a fan of the slouch he had in brawl.

You know what I would do?

Remove the figure from Snake's Amiibo if it sucked and paste this on it :seuss:
Yeah if he does get a amiibo, I wonder what his post would be.
Would definitely be different from the brawl stance.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Yeah if he does get a amiibo, I wonder what his post would be.
Would definitely be different from the brawl stance.
We can't use guns because waah wwaah E10+ rating, so...

-Crouching like the Figma
-CQC stance
-Back turned to the camera(think SUNGLAHSES Liquid on the Twin Snakes cover)
-The pose he used in MGS4 promotional art with his fists clenched at his waist

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
We can't use guns because waah wwaah E10+ rating, so...

-Crouching like the Figma
-CQC stance
-Back turned to the camera(think SUNGLAHSES Liquid on the Twin Snakes cover)
-The pose he used in MGS4 promotional art with his fists clenched at his waist
We could still keep all his awesome explosives though. Also, I love your profile picture.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
We could still keep all his awesome explosives though. Also, I love your profile picture.
Oh ofc we keep the explosives, but who makes a pose when throwing an explosive?

Lol, I get that quite a bit. Just my own :4robinm: from Fire Emblem Awakening with photoshopped glasses and a cute :seuss: hat.

:happysheep:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Interesting. I hope they didn't cancel it, I'm probably getting MGSV on X1 but MGSV on Wii U would definitely increase Snake's chances.
I plan on it getting it on X1 too if it doesn't come to wii u. I also hope it wasn't cancelled. I mean, you could argue the game is snake eater 3d, but every other game listed on the list came after wii u launch(soul hackers released in US and Europe after wii u launch, plus it wasn't even that far away from the wii u launch in japan compared to mgs3d.)

Sewnic

Smash Cadet
Interesting. I hope they didn't cancel it, I'm probably getting MGSV on X1 but MGSV on Wii U would definitely increase Snake's chances.
I plan on it getting it on X1 too if it doesn't come to wii u. I also hope it wasn't cancelled. I mean, you could argue the game is snake eater 3d, but every other game listed on the list came after wii u launch(soul hackers released in US and Europe after wii u launch, plus it wasn't even that far away from the wii u launch in japan compared to mgs3d.)
Woah, based on my travels across the internet, I felt as though I was the only one who was getting TPP on Xbox One. It's wholly rejuvenating to read that there's other fellow Metal Gear fans on this side. It's not within my intentions to sound like an Xbox loyalist - I'm just glad to hear how Metal Gear is broadening its userbase across another platform after being seemingly synonymous with Sony for quite some time. The more who experience Snake's saga, the better it is for the recognition and appreciation of the franchise.

As for Snake not using guns in Smash 4 because of the E10 rating, I believe the ESRB doesn't rate DLC. Maybe we'll get to use Snake's tranquilizer at the absolute least. I get a strong hunch that it'll be TPP's Big Boss (Kiefer's voice included) coming over Solid Snake - if not, he'll most definitely be an alternative costume to Solid. Though if Kiefer proves to be excessively expensive, then it'll definitely be Solid Snake returning. Still hoping Mr. Sutherland mistook Mortal Kombat for Smash.

With Smash pre-orders overtaking Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U, it will most definitely sell more consoles this holiday. With these increased sales, I can imagine that third parties will soften up and begin to embrace the Wii U, putting out more games for it. Konami will hopefully realize this and port GZ/TPP to Wii U, leaving the fate of this earth at a celestial ease.

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
Considering we have some castlevania games already on the WiiU VC, adding MGS: Ghost Babel to the 3DS VC would be a nice first step.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Considering we have some castlevania games already on the WiiU VC, adding MGS: Ghost Babel to the 3DS VC would be a nice first step.
They also should bring the first 2 mg games. There is MSX virtual console on wii u and 3ds, but for some reason, no metal gear. Not to mention the one who is bringing all the msx games is konami. The downside is that if it came it would be Japan only. I can only dream for a U.S. eshop release.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692

Well Snake has one thing that the other third party characters don't have, he still has great games.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Last edited:

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I hate to generalize, but I can't stand Sonic fans.
Sonic has ironically became one of my favorite characters to play as.

Snake is the second oldest third party character whose games have maintained high quality like Mario, Zelda, and Metroid (well not counting Other M) since the beginning.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I hate to generalize, but I can't stand Sonic fans.
Sonic has ironically became one of my favorite characters to play as.

Snake is the second oldest third party character whose games have maintained high quality like Mario, Zelda, and Metroid (well not counting Other M) since the beginning.
Just like those franchises, it transitioned into 3d well. Sonic on the other hand...

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692

Does anyone else feel that something was missing due to the loss of both Ice Climbers and Metal Gear franchises from Smash?w
df

Last edited:
Top Bottom