• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Also, someone asked if snake would get seprate codecs for different alts, and Palutena guidance has a separate dialog for each alt I think. So if he comes back with codecs, he probably could.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
I doubt they would give Snake codecs again but after hearing Palutena's Guidance I really hope they do. The quality doesn't touch Snake's codecs.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
The captain falcon one wasn't that great either. Some are good though, like robin's, but I found them to be kinda..cheesy. Maybe im biased or whatever. I haven't seen all of them so I might as well. Hope they don't make me cringe.

Also nothing can beat "Samus took her clothes off!"

Sewnic

Smash Cadet
The more I think about this entire situation, the more fitting all the pieces seem.

Kiefer Sutherland himself said that he was doing voice work for an unannounced Mortal Kombat game - most likely X. Ed Boon denied that he had any involvement in the game well after Keifer came out with that claim. Given that Keifer isn't a gaming aficionado and most likely mixed it up with Smash Bros., I see this to our benefit.

Then we have the whole Reuben Langdon incident. Unlike Keifer, Reuben claims to be a gamer with a respectable amount of gaming expertise, so to mix Playstation All-Stars with Smash Bros. is definitely off-putting. Given the fact that Raiden's animations were directly ripped from Metal Gear Rising and Langdon wasn't credited for motion capture work in PSABR, this just makes Snake's inclusion seem even more likely.

Not to mention how MGS3D released (even to the extent of having its own limited edition in Japan, so there's a bit of the Konami love toward Nintendo) around the time when Smash 4 began development, and Sakurai even attended MGS's 25th Anniversary event within the same time frame. In addition, it seems as though history is repeating itself in a perfect fashion - Brawl released ahead of MGS4, with Twin Snakes being a remake of a major, canonical MGS title on the Gamecube. Now, Smash 4 is releasing well in advance of Phantom Pain, with MGS3D (also being a major, canonical MGS entry in the franchise) residing on the 3DS library. Then there's the whole "Soliditary" image and the Snake namedrop from the 50-Fact Extravaganza, which are the freshest, direct teases we've gotten. The timing is all too perfect for it to be labeled as an honest coincidence.

Sorry if I'm reiterating what's been said for a while now. I'm just thinking out loud.

The captain falcon one wasn't that great either. Some are good though, like robin's, but I found them to be kinda..cheesy. Maybe im biased or whatever. I haven't seen all of them so I might as well. Hope they don't make me cringe.

And nothing can beat Snake and Otacon fulfilling their Captain Falcon battle cries on the battlefield.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Snake on Palutena's guidance

Also, what if they reference snake in one of the dialogs, like maybe shiek? I mean grenades right.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Palutena's Guidance and Snake's Codec's are both great in their own way. Snake's were mostly hilarious thanks to how realistic he was versus his opponents, and Palutena's are loaded with references most fans of KI and the opponent character would get (IE: Shulk's having a reference to Reyn). Really makes me curious what they'd say about Snake if he returns. Actually, who am I kidding? They could make a great reference to how Pit is Chico in the English version if we have Big Boss.

Speaking of which..on that Sutherland and Mortal Kombat thing, do you guys think they'd have planned Snake as dlc that far back and got him to record the lines by then (around February of this year)? Palutena's guidance made me start wondering if they'd have it for dlc characters like Mewtwo, and if they did, maybe they'd have recorded them ahead of time? It might be a bit too much of effort to get the KI VA's back in the studio to record lines for one new fighter after all.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029

Nothing will ever beat "Samus took her clothes off!". Snake sounded so exited when he said that too. I really enjoy the Guidance on Robin, especially with all the funny comparisons to Ike.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Who wants to make a Palutena's Guidance for Snake?

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Who wants to make a Palutena's Guidance for Snake?
*starts like a Snake's Codec*
Otacon: "Oh, you're fighting Pit once again, Snake?"
Snake: "Yes...that winged mutant..."
Pit: "I'M NOT A MUTANT!"
Snake: "!"
Otacon: "They have intercepted us!"
Pit: "Ops...I think I've fail in our espionage mission, lady Palutena..."
Palutena: "Good job, Pit..."
Otacon: "Excuse me, but how you have get into our system?"
Palutena: "Well, this is nothing for a goddess!"
Snake: "Goddess? What's going on here!?"
Otacon: "Palutena is the Goddess of Light, and Pit's boss. However Pit can use lots of weapon, and his moves are a little different from Brawl. Oh, Snake, watch out from his new..."
Viridi: "I think you must fight, now. We aren't in a tactical espionage game, and this fight has kept us waiting enough".
Snake: "Hey! That's MY catch phrase!"

(Yeah, I'm not very good to doing conversations, but I hope you like it...and please forgive grammar errors...)

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
*starts like a Snake's Codec*
Otacon: "Oh, you're fighting Pit once again, Snake?"
Snake: "Yes...that winged mutant..."
Pit: "I'M NOT A MUTANT!"
Snake: "!"
Otacon: "They have intercepted us!"
Pit: "Ops...I think I've fail in our espionage mission, lady Palutena..."
Palutena: "Good job, Pit..."
Otacon: "Excuse me, but how you have get into our system?"
Palutena: "Well, this is nothing for a goddess!"
Snake: "Goddess? What's going on here!?"
Otacon: "Palutena is the Goddess of Light, and Pit's boss. However Pit can use lots of weapon, and his moves are a little different from Brawl. Oh, Snake, watch out from his new..."
Viridi: "I think you must fight, now. We aren't in a tactical espionage game, and this fight has kept us waiting enough".
Snake: "Hey! That's MY catch phrase!"

(Yeah, I'm not very good to doing conversations, but I hope you like it...and please forgive grammar errors...)
That was pretty good, I can perfectly picture Glasses Palutena popping up at the "this is nothing for a goddess!" line.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

These are actually getting good now. It seems like gameXplain posted the bad ones first and then slowly started posting the good ones. I love the samus one.

I'm waiting for little mac and sheik(snake reference please...)

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake

These are actually getting good now. It seems like gameXplain posted the bad ones first and then slowly started posting the good ones. I love the samus one.

I'm waiting for little mac and sheik(snake reference please...)
Still not good enough, and the thing is some of them are almost worded the same as snakes were the first time around. There ok, but they just dont have the same feeling.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah, biased aside, those really aren't as good as the Codecs. I didn't even get the Mega Man one. :/
I'm neither a fan of Kid Icarus or Metal Gear Solid, so I speak with no bias when I can confirm that Snake's codexes were better. The delivery of the lines weren't so incredibly hammy, and they were more focused on the fighter in question and about their origins rather than fighting techniques, not to mention they didn't constantly get sidetracked. The humor also felt more smart, with Palutena's Guidance it's often just about mocking Pit, the humor in the codexes were mostly based off of Snake's reactions to this incredibly bizarre world he has been brought into, something as simple as calling Link a "guy with a sword" and Kirby a "pink marshmallow" with that gritty voice is just hilarious.

I don't think that Palutena's Guidance is horrible or anything, it's decent fun, but it's not something I'll bother listening to many times over unlike with Snake's codec calls.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yeah the Codec's were way better. I like the Palutena's Guidance things, but they're not nearly as good as Snake in Brawl.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I'm working on a comparison right now, I'll post it when I'm done.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I love the Palutena's Guidance. I loved the way they talked in Kid Icarus Uprising! Sakurai even hinted at Uprising 2. I do miss the Snake Codec's.

Does anybody know the release for the Phantom Pain? I heard it was suppose to be released in March sometime.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I love the Palutena's Guidance. I loved the way they talked in Kid Icarus Uprising! Sakurai even hinted at Uprising 2. I do miss the Snake Codec's.

Does anybody know the release for the Phantom Pain? I heard it was suppose to be released in March sometime.
Early 2015 that's all we know... And did you not notice how Viridi said "Looks like Peach is taking a break from being kidnapped"?
That's pretty similar to Snake's codec if I recall correctly...That's the only thing that annoys me. And I miss these quotes "Ah there's a big eyeball walking around here!", "Is that some kind of marshmallow?", "For what? That pink marshmallow?", "Are you sure he's not a penguin?", and last but not least "Mei Ling, Samus took her clothes off!"
Oh how I miss you Snake.

Top Bottom