• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I was honestly expecting this to be a biased vote in the Snake thread, but their almost equality surprises me.
I pulled this poll from a reddit thread, and even in the comments of the thread everyone was saying codecs.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I pulled this poll from a reddit thread, and even in the comments of the thread everyone was saying codecs.
It's only because Snake is usually so serious and hearing that rough voice saying things like "pink marshmallow" and"Falon Puuuunch!" were hilarious. Can't say the same about Viridi and Palutena though, they try too hard to be funny.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Well, one thing is certain though, I will never go to a gamexplain smash video comment section again, or at the very least bring up or talk about snake there. It seems to me the people who comment there are heavily biased against snake. It's a mixed bag, but that place's snake hate is far worse than gamefaqs and stuff.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Well, one thing is certain though, I will never go to a gamexplain smash video comment section again, or at the very least bring up or talk about snake there. It seems to me the people who comment there are heavily biased against snake. It's a mixed bag, but that place's snake hate is far worse than gamefaqs and stuff.
Its expected from youtube, but also from a mainly nintendo focused channel. They cant see past what their system allegiance allows them too, your better off not even trying to have any kind of conversation there. Its just more of the double standard against him we are used to, they have it in their minds that snake "didnt belong", "he was a one time favor", or that "konami isnt doing enough for nintendo". Its the same old crap, and with snake not in this game that seems to cement in their minds the crud they believed is true no matter what you try and tell them.

Last edited:

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Speaking of youtube. Look at this video and its comments. :dizzy:

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I only posted that video because it is literally everything Snake fans despise. :p

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I only posted that video because it is literally everything Snake fans despise. :p
No, but seriously, people like that piss me off, it's not Kojima's call in the first damn place, it's Konami's and Nintendo's.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Speaking of youtube. Look at this video and its comments. :dizzy:
Oh, I've been on that site, playeressence. And it's garbage. Absolute garbage. That site is biased. They can't handle it when something bad is said about nintendo or iwata. I've seen them defend region lock! They got all butthurt over the fact that no one mentioned bayonetta 2's launch sales in japan were 2 day sales and made a big deal out of it, then when the next media crate came out, they didn't acknowledge that bayonetta was low on the charts. There are much better places to get your news from, whatever you do, please don't go there. It's not worth it.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Snake's Codecs and Palutena's Guidance.. I don't know i cant decide. I miss the Snake Codec's but i really do like Palutena and Viridi maybe just maybe Palutena and Viridi will be able to meet Campbell, Otacon and Mei ling.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Oh, I've been on that site, playeressence. And it's garbage. Absolute garbage. That site is biased. They can't handle it when something bad is said about nintendo or iwata. I've seen them defend region lock! They got all butthurt over the fact that no one mentioned bayonetta 2's launch sales in japan were 2 day sales and made a big deal out of it, then when the next media crate came out, they didn't acknowledge that bayonetta was low on the charts. There are much better places to get your news from, whatever you do, please don't go there. It's not worth it.
Never been there, but it sounds bad.

I love Nintendo, and they are my favorite gaming company. But I really can't stand the fanboys that play nothing but Nintendo and crap on everything else,

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Don't think that Palutena's Codecs will stop Snake from appearing.

I do think it means Snake won't receive his own.

Could still get something akin to the Fox Convos though instead.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Tomorrow is Remembrance Day, so I won't be active. Out of respect of our troops, I would suggest you guys do the same.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Tomorrow is Remembrance Day, so I won't be active. Out of respect of our troops, I would suggest you guys do the same.
Well, I live in Mexico, so...I'll still be here.

Doesn't mean I won't pray for the deceased, though.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I doubt he'll respond...
I mean I've heard he's pretty responsive....
Maybe I'll test it out and tweet something to him like "Have my babies!"

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
Well with Mega Man & Sonic having a Amiibo released in Febuary.
The thirst for a Snake Amiibo is real.

Last edited:

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be quite likely that if Snake returns they may just reuse Hayter's Brawl voice clips and drop the codecs.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be quite likely that if Snake returns they may just reuse Hayter's Brawl voice clips and drop the codecs.
I really see this being the most likely case.
Since we all are pretty sure he won't get the codec treatment again.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
For a minute i thought reggie would answer any question we wanted on twitter due to an article on gonintendo, false alarm though :(

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
This one

I didnt look at it closely enough and thought he would answer random smash bros wiiu questions but upon closer inspection it says "vote on which question youd like him to answer" from their pre chosen choices. I posted too quick though, so i edited it due to jumping the gun haha.
That seriously blows.

Then again, these people wouldn't spill the beans on DLC.

:c

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Remember how my father won't let me play MGS? Well apparently he'll let my sister play Assassin's Creed because it's "historically accurate".

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Remember how my father won't let me play MGS? Well apparently he'll let my sister play Assassin's Creed because it's "historically accurate".

BAHAHAHAHA THATS RICH

A series revolving around nuclear warfare with lingering effects even today is less realistic than a series with people in cloaks that survive stupidly high jumps.

>logic

don't let him see this

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Is he implying that the Patriots don't control everything

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
BAHAHAHAHA THATS RICH

A series revolving around nuclear warfare with lingering effects even today is less realistic than a series with people in cloaks that survive stupidly high jumps.

>logic

don't let him see this
You make a good point, however I was more concerned about violence and rating rather than realism. Assassin's Creed is pretty violent, arguably more so than MGS, yet when he overheard me telling my friends about it, he outright says that it doesn't have to make sense, he's still my parent.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Damn dude, that sucks. My parents have never given a crap about that stuff I played games like Call of Duty 4 & Gears of War when I was 13 lol

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You make a good point, however I was more concerned about violence and rating rather than realism. Assassin's Creed is pretty violent, arguably more so than MGS, yet when he overheard me telling my friends about it, he outright says that it doesn't have to make sense, he's still my parent.
Ah yes, don't let the argument get in the way of respecting his authoritah.

Still illogical.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
From the AMA:
Hey David thanks for doing the AMA, just wanted to say thanks for some of the work you've done over the years. I started playing metal gear when I was around 4 so I think I can say I'm a life long fan so I just felt I really needed to say thank you for all the work you did over the years.

Anyway my question for you is what do you think was the funniest line you ever had to say when doing Snake?
Hayter's response:
"By… Farting."

Super Smash Brothers
Then there is this:
I'd like to hear how you feel about Kiefer Sutherland playing Snake for MGS5. Were you approached at all about the project? Did you turn it down?
Hayter:
I did not, no.
someone one else:
Could you say something cryptic to give me hope you secretly show up as the voice for the younger Snake later in the game?
Another guy:
I think he just did.

Top Bottom