• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
You can't be serious in that you've never heard of Team Fortress 2.

But if you are, that's the Soldier, a die hard patriotic gun loving war veteran.
Never heard of Team Fortress 2, but that role stereotypes my dad perfectly. lol

Ah, IMO It's just another Sakurai's statement tha will turn to be wrong or false.

"The 3DS version will not cut something from the Wii U"
*Coff Coff Ice Climbers Coff Coff*

"Bandai Namco will not have a special treatment"
SEGA and Capcom: 1 playable character, 1 assist, 1 stage (actually 2 for Sonic, but one is from Brawl), 1 enemy in Smash Run.
Bandai Namco: 1 playable character, 1 assist, 2 new stage, 1 item, 1 enemy in Smash Run and lots of song in the Wii U version(even not from Pac-Man).

"We haven't add more Melee cut because they are hard to take from that old game"
Two weeks later...Mewtwo.

And even if he isn't for DLC, Iwata surely is. And Iwata is the one who takes the decisions, not Sakurai, because he is who paid the develoopers. And we still have that "Smash 6" thing for the 2015...
I honestly don't know what to think of this. Sure, Sakurai is a notorious trickster, but the way he's speaking in this interview seems different from his normal demeanor. Sure, it entirely possible he's being serious and there will most likely not be any future DLC characters, but the opposite is also entirely possible. This truly hinges on Mewtwo's success. If Mewtwo nets money for Nintendo, then Iwata will almost certainly make Saukrai do more DLC characters. However, if Mewtwo fails make a substantial profit, then future DLC characters won't happen. So I don't know how this is going to play out. Only time will tell.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It's a fad everywhere on the Internet, so I'm inclined to question how, but never mind that.

Disclaimer: cartoon violence.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

I honestly don't know what to think of this. Sure, Sakurai is a notorious trickster, but the way he's speaking in this interview seems different from his normal demeanor. Sure, it entirely possible he's being serious and there will most likely not be any future DLC characters, but the opposite is also entirely possible. This truly hinges on Mewtwo's success. If Mewtwo nets money for Nintendo, then Iwata will almost certainly make Saukrai do more DLC characters. However, if Mewtwo fails make a substantial profit, then future DLC characters won't happen. So I don't know how this is going to play out. Only time will tell.
You should check out tf2 sometime, fun f2p shooter.

Well, maybe they aren't planning anything now. But the game itself is built to handle dlc well. A second arrow in game files, all star mode, etc. Not to mention gematsu, if still considered credible, stated post-development dlc is planned back during the summer.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
You should check out tf2 sometime, fun f2p shooter.

Well, maybe they aren't planning anything now. But the game itself is built to handle dlc well. A second arrow in game files, all star mode, etc. Not to mention gematsu, if still considered credible, stated post-development dlc is planned back during the summer.
Gematsu? Could you link an article? Also, I'm not allowed to play FPS'.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Gematsu? Could you link an article? Also, I'm not allowed to play MGS.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69411129
Not an article, sal romano posted it here on smash boards back when his leak was popular.

Tf2 is M rated like mgs, so I guess you can't probably play it. But then again assassin's creed.

I wonder if they're going to close down character discussion until someone else gets confirmed(hopefully snake). It hasn't even been a month, but it seems like the right thing to do at the moment unfortunately.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69411129
Not an article, sal romano posted it here on smash boards back when his leak was popular.

Tf2 is M rated like mgs, so I guess you can't probably play it. But then again assassin's creed.

I wonder if they're going to close down character discussion until someone else gets confirmed(hopefully snake). It hasn't even been a month, but it seems like the right thing to do at the moment unfortunately.
Sorry, I meant to say FPS. Damn auto-correct, learning my acronyms.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Well, nothing to do other than twiddle our thumbs and talk some mgs.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Oh yes, I've seen that article. Simply saying that now doesn't change much. After all, he DID say that Mewtwo was an experiment of sorts. For all we know, they may not have started work on others, but they might have an idea of who they want to put as DLC. I am fairly confident there will be more at some point. It's just a matter of waiting for Mewtwo to be a huge success, as well as the game to be the hottest selling product on the market, and i'm sure the situation will be different.

Also, because I am in the area of Buffalo, New York that's getting nailed with nasty weather, hopefully I will have some sort of chance to do more stuff with the Snake twitter and what have you. I have schoolwork to do, but i've been trapped in my house since yesterday, and I will be into tomorrow and Friday...probably trapped to the point where I can't get Smash until later on Friday :cry:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Everyone(even the mods) are confident that there will be more dlc. Don't see this as there will be no dlc in the future, but there could be in the future.
Also evidence that the statement he made about dlc not being planned is false exists.
I know. Just wanted to bring it to light...

Oh yes, I've seen that article. Simply saying that now doesn't change much. After all, he DID say that Mewtwo was an experiment of sorts. For all we know, they may not have started work on others, but they might have an idea of who they want to put as DLC. I am fairly confident there will be more at some point. It's just a matter of waiting for Mewtwo to be a huge success, as well as the game to be the hottest selling product on the market, and i'm sure the situation will be different.

Also, because I am in the area of Buffalo, New York that's getting nailed with nasty weather, hopefully I will have some sort of chance to do more stuff with the Snake twitter and what have you. I have schoolwork to do, but i've been trapped in my house since yesterday, and I will be into tomorrow and Friday...probably trapped to the point where I can't get Smash until later on Friday :cry:
...which was redundant, but hey, better safe than sorry. Im just keeping my hopes up since we probably won't hear anything for a good few months.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I think mario kart and Hyrule Warriors will definitely make them not think twice about giving us more DLC. Lets not forget that namco did have a job listing for like 100 or so people to work on "smash bros 6", which could either mean more dlc down the line or a re release with a physical copy like super street fighter. With as much as sakurai goes back on his word id never say that what he has said is final, especially since nintendo could still continue work even without him. And with the whole response to ridley and his answer, i almost dont want him to give his reasoning on removing snake, odds are good that it wont be a good reason which would probably piss me off more then not knowing.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
After seeing the Ridley article, I kinda don't want him to comment on snake's exclusion. I have a bad feeling it could be "he didn't fit".

Anyways, I hope they make him dlc, the articles says they aren't planning dlc, but I'm not buying that personally.
Hopefully snake is dlc.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
I got really bored and made this.
Will only post the link for those who haven't seen Cowboy Bebop and don't want it spoiled.
Whole idea was that the characters in the game kept snake out.

http://abload.de/img/snakeprogress21b87.png

-----

As for the ridley story it sounds to me that they just don't want to work from scratch on DLC if you ask me.
We all know that even though Mewtwo had content in Brawl he would still be in a different state from the others, stuff more work would be needed for him. Stuff like Snake and the other cut character I would think would be a easier task as DLC. Since they already said they start development by porting the other game over.

Last edited:

Sewnic

Smash Cadet
Hopefully Mewtwo is a great success - Smash is one of the few games I see that has a fulfilled, necessary potential for DLC. If anything, Mario Kart 8's downloadable content was revealed several months after the game released. In this case, I'm guessing it'll be months after Mewtwo is out, perhaps at or around E3. It's still quite some time away... hello dark:4ness: my old friend...

On a lighter note, I have the utmost respect for Nintendo, retaining ideals beaming with integrity and humanity in this day and age. This is their unique characteristic that sets them apart from the competition and transcends them into a league of their own. It's rejuvenating to hear that a game is going to launch with complete content as opposed to day one or on-disc DLC.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
I think we will get around 4 characters as DLC.

Honestly, still think Snake has a decent chance. It's the same situation as in Brawl with the upcoming MGS game and it makes total sense to have him in as DLC for that reason - his release as DLC can correlate closer to release of his own game.

They didn't really have this option with Brawl.

Just went through the Wii U store DLC section and seems like Nintendo is a fan of those small DLC Packs with incentives with for bundles. To me, it makes sense that they would do the four (fill up spots on the 3DS) each pack with a new character.

Think Snake would be a great marketing tool for Smash, DLC and MGS if he was announced.
Plus, Kojima said he wanted Snake in the game, and Sakurai stated that it takes about a year to finish a character...(I believe).

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
If Snake were DLC to promote Phantom Pain, it'd parallel Raiden in PSASBR, who was added in the starter roster to promote Revengeance.

Would love that to happen.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Well. Let's see if that code call sound is heard in a future direct.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I just seen a youtube comment that says he will strangle someone if Snake comes back.

I mad

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Nope.

Though, with a rumored 1000 trophies in the game, he might show up. Hell, Rayman and Globox have trophies, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Snake.
I still can't believe there are three Rayman trophies. I sure hope Snake is in there. At least then it would show that Nintendo still acknowledges MGS as a Smash Bros universe in some context.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
I still can't believe there are three Rayman trophies. I sure hope Snake is in there. At least then it would show that Nintendo still acknowledges MGS as a Smash Bros universe in some context.
Well at least we had the reminder when they brought up palutena's Guidance.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Think of the Rayman trophies as compensation for the whole Legends fiasco. I certainly don't mind them.

And they do acknowledge Snake; even if it was a brief mention in the Extravaganza when they introduced this shameless ripoff of the codecs Palutena's Guidance.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Don't forget to mention Snake for DLC when you register the game on Club Nintendo. Who knows if Nintendo will actually notice it, but might as well try!

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I wish I had the game so I could search, except I'm having a similar problem like ekans'. Hopefully I get it in time.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Guys... I am truly scared... If snake was planned for DLC, why would they give the codecs to Palutena?... ;~;
>Kid Icarus milking

Because it wasn't evident enough.

Snake could easily return and invade a Guidance like Chrom does.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Guys... I am truly scared... If snake was planned for DLC, why would they give the codecs to Palutena?... ;~;
Guidance could have been planned from the start or early development, where as snake dlc may have been decided on somewhere further on. They also needed more features for the wii u version,why sell of good feature as dlc when you can use it to promote the wii u version?
The 3ds doesn't have guidance, it only has star fox codecs, so maybe snake dlc could bring in real codecs to that user base also.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Is it just me or does it seem like people just want Bomberman because he is cartoony and "fits" in with the rest of the third parties?

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me or does it seem like people just want Bomberman because he is cartoony and "fits" in with the rest of the third parties?
People want Rayman for the same reason.
Yeah I find it kind of sad the reason people want some characters is because they would "fit" better.
Even though Snake has already shown that he works in the game.
Also Bomberman would bring very little hype with him. When compared to the likes of Snake, MM, or sonic. Hell probably less than Pac-Man as well which while a good addition is still winning the lowest polled 3rd party.
Simon Belmont is the other 3rd party rep I see a lot of people mention as well.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Simon Belmont is the other 3rd party rep I see a lot of people mention as well.
News flash: Castlevania is mature like Metal Gear, but in its own, medieval style. Simon, going by the "wouldn't fit" argument, is not a good choice, going by the common Snake argument.

If these people want a Konami rep that fits, well, Sparkster exists.

Last edited:
Top Bottom