• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Fortnite Spider-Man is just regular 616 Spider-Man (actually all the regular Marvel variants are 616 due to Thor)
I know, but we can ignore that lol. It’s for the funny Tik Tok dance memes. Fortnite is still canon by that technicality lol.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I know, but we can ignore that lol. It’s for the funny Tik Tok dance memes. Fortnite is still canon by that technicality lol.
that is quite the touché move to make

Reactions: Z25

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Beyond the Spiderverse needs to have Fortnite Spiderman.

Just because his backstory would be hilarious.

“There I was just trying to get home with my Uncle. But then we were cornered at Titled Towers.

Optimus Prime, The Green Goblin, Eren Yeager and Goku….

There was no way out and uncle Ben couldn’t build. He told me to leave him behind and get his reboot card.

But by the time I got back it was expired. I vowed to never let that happen again. Get every victory royal and hit the finest Of Griddy’s.”
It was hard to tell but I think I actually saw Spider-man Zero in the movie

(This is a spider-man suit designed for Fortnite)

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Ok so I'm bored and I decided to come up with a fancast for the Zelda movie. This is under the assumption that they're going to to do another all-celebrity cast like Mario, but this isn't a meme "everyone is chris pratt"

• Link - Asa Butterfield (Sex Education, Hugo)
    • Honestly I don't really have a strong opinion on who plays Link The only characteristics I think mandatory are that the actor can do a rural accent and can play stoic or shy, which doesn't trim the list much. I went with Asa because 1, He was a runner-up for the MCU Spider-Man race and I think it would be funny after all the Holland doomposting, and 2, he's actually a Nintendo fan. He's actually been in a few Smash tournaments, and I don't expect every actor to care about the series but I think it would be neat to give a fan a big role like this
  • Zelda - Emma Watson (Beauty and the Beast, Harry Potter series)
    • This is actually a bit of an inside joke for me. Back when BOTW released, I heard Zelda's voice for the first time and I instantly thought "Oh, they got Emma Watson to voice her!". I had no reason to think this beyond both of them being British women. This isn't just a meme though, I think Watson could do a good Zelda if the role came to her. I'm more invested in this idea than Butterfield Link, but not as much as the next two.
  • Impa - Tilda Swinton (Doctor Strange, Pinocchio)
    • I'm substantially more invested in this one than the first two. This idea just came to me out of nowhere and I really dig it. Swinton is an actor who takes up a lot of weird roles, and Impa and the Sheikah are nothing if not weird and inconsistent. My idea of the Impa of this movie would be one in her 40's-50's, an inbetween of the younger impa in games like HW and the fossil Impa seen in BOTW. She would be Zelda's sworn protector, and still very competent but not as spry as she used to be. I think Swinton could do that well - but she could also do any version of Impa well. It also helps that, unlike the ones above her, she has a lot of VA experience so she's not nearly as risky a bet. I think she would be a good call.
  • Ganondorf - Leslie Odom Jr. (Hamilton, Glass Onion)
    • If only one of my castings could happen, I want it to be this one. I watched a YouTube video that was fancasting Superman Legacy, and they suggested Odom to do Lex Luthor. I was blown away by how good of an idea that was, and I've had the idea of Odom Jr. as a villain in the back of my mind ever since. He would be a great Ganondorf for the same reason he would be a great Luthor. He can do the charisma that Ganon used to collect power, he can do the pure malice that Ganon demonstrates against Link and Zelda, he can even do the solemn retrospection that Ganon has in Wind Waker. He also has VA experience, and while I don't think the movie should be a musical, Ganondorf's introduction in the series was him playing the piano (something the other Nintendo movie used to great effect). I think he would be legendary casting, akin to RDJ as Iron Man or Patrick Stewart as Charles Xavier

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It was hard to tell but I think I actually saw Spider-man Zero in the movie

(This is a spider-man suit designed for Fortnite)
This is possible, I’m sure it wi be pointed out when on dvd if true.
The real question for Beyond is when's Mahvel Spider-Man with Doom assist and anchor Vergil
Miles getting his ass kicked when all of a sudden he hears:
“I’m gonna take you for a ride”
1B9099C9-234A-433E-AD3E-5539E5D77156.jpeg

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Green Hill you'll return in the next 2D game

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Not to bring drama from other sites here, but I just want to mention (if it's okay) that while I have seen many who are excited for Sonic Superstars, there are still some people who criticize the little things in even Sonic Superstars that should not really matter.

Goes to show that some Sonic fans just never learn, huh?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
You know that "brain tells you something non-sequitur and you can't sleep" meme? Well I had that...

I find it funny when describing USA facts you have to specify "continential USA" because Alaska ruins it every time. Largest state? Alaska. Highest point? Alaska. Farthest east? Alaska. Largest city? Alaska. (in fact the first FOUR largest cities are in Alaska) Hell, it even messes up where the center of the country is because it's so big and out of the way :yoshi:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So someone actually pointed out a new survey earlier in the bird app, and about half of gamers in general were women. 47% of console gamers were women, 50% of PC gamers were women, and 54% of mobile games were women.

Twitter was not having it lmao.
Calling bull**** on the mobile games claim.

Most mobile gamers iver ever seen have been women, the % is much higher.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Calling bull**** on the mobile games claim.

Most mobile gamers iver ever seen have been women, the % is much higher.
I mean, this comes from an executive from a credible orginization (offshoot of NPD Group) that tracks consumer trends, it's been doing this status report on a monthly basis. It's more than likely accurate with a slight margin of error.

Even then, this report still backs up your claim that majority of mobile gamers are women, 54% is still a majority.

Edit: here's the tweet

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Twitter was not having it lmao.
Gamers: "Oh, I wish girls would respect us Gamers, maybe even like us. Or... Date us... If only the Gamers in the world could find their Princess Peach..."

Gamers when they find out women play video games too and even act as a majority install base for a few things:
20230604_175724.jpg

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Popping in here to say congrats to osby osby for Persona 3 Remake being real.

Played Portable's FemC route earlier this year and I ****in' loved it, so I'm excited to experience a definitive edition of the original route, but I can't imagine how hyped you are lol.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Popping in here to say congrats to osby osby for Persona 3 Remake being real.

Played Portable's FemC route earlier this year and I ****in' loved it, so I'm excited to experience a definitive edition of the original route, but I can't imagine how hyped you are lol.
Thanks! When I first heard the leaks, I had my doubts but to be honest? It looks really amazing and I'm glad it exists. Persona 3 is very special to me and the trailer reminded me why I keep coming back at it after all these years.

I still have my worries about how they'll handle FES/Portable content but since P3P is already on modern consoles, there's no reason for them to not coexist.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ya notice how starter Pokémon secondary types aren’t really elemental anymore?

Like, Torterra and Swampert are ground type. Because of the environment they live in and unique quirks of their bodies, they’re imbued with the power of earth. Empoleon has metal bits on its body. Charizard can literally fly.

But these days the secondary typings are more related to the Pokémon’s personality, or are generally mystical in nature.

Incineroar has a rough disposition, Meowscarada is sneaky and starved for attention, so because of their personality traits they’re dark type. Primarina has magical singing mermaid powers. Skeledirge is possessed by a ghost bird. Decidueye is a ghost bird.

Even two starters who didn’t have secondary typings before, Typhlosion and Samurott, were given the ghost and dark types.

Maybe it has something to do with starters recently being designed more as individual characters instead of a more broad species.

There isn’t really a thesis to this or anything, just something I realized.

This has been 2 am (EST) ramblings with Noipoi

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Got my 3 Kubfu!

...........Now what do I GTS for?

I bought PLA today, so I have access to all the Sinnoh Legendaries and the Genies for my Gen 9 Living Dex, which are all that I'm missing now, and you can't GTS for Mythicals, so....

Shroob

Sup?
So uh, does anyone have a spare Thundurus in a Hisuian Ultra Ball?

I've gotten all the other genies in one but it and I want to complete my collection.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Gamers: "Oh, I wish girls would respect us Gamers, maybe even like us. Or... Date us... If only the Gamers in the world could find their Princess Peach..."

Gamers when they find out women play video games too and even act as a majority install base for a few things:
View attachment 373142
I don't really care much if the player is a boy or girl. If a girl plays video games, respect to them.
1000007694.jpg

Top Bottom