• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Beat the Street Fighter 6 World Tour mode

This easily sets a new bar for Fighting game singleplayer campaigns. There is definitely stuff that can be improved but the way it works and how it teaches you to play Street Fighter is just great and fun.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The Assists and Air Combos in MK12 look pretty cool. So that's got me somewhat excited, I hope the music in the game is a bit more like the trailers, since it's got more personality in it. The stages also look pretty nice. I also got to see they have the 3 segmented bars again, like MK9. And it seems like Breakers might be used from your assist instead, but it could be possible that both the assist and main fighter use them? I dunno. I like that the assist has access to multiple moves so that even if you only have one, you get options that sorta rival a VS title.

I think my main concern regarding the fighting mechanics is that its still on the slower side, compared to UMK3/MK4/MK9/MKX. But I can't speak too much on it without getting my hands on it.

Curious how many of the Cameos will also be playable, we know Kung Lao, Sub-Zero and Scorpion apply to this given was Ed Boon said. While I still would like more 3D era characters(barring the GOAT Kenshi) to get another shot. It'd be weird not to have Jax. Either way, the cameos we've seen so far are all in their OG timeline designs.

For Street Fighter 6, the Paris stage is a banger. But anything with good brass instruments is gonna hold my attention, lmao.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
it’s finna be crazy if Sonya Blade ends up not being a playable character

Shroob

Sup?
Got a Zamazenta without even really trying.

I imagine Zacian's going to be a lot harder to get since it's the one people like more.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
What if the Zelda movie is in the Wind Waker artstyle
I would love this if it weren't being done by Illumination.

People gave the artstyle flak in it's earlier years but it's still one of the most story and lore-heavy Zelda games in the franchise to this day, and that's saying a lot.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME INSOMNIAC DON'T PUT THIS IN A DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION THAT WILL COST TRIPLE DIGITS I WAS GONNA SAVE UP FOR FLIGHT TICKETS FOR MY PARTNERS HOW DARE YOU ABUSE MY LOVE FOR MY SPECIAL INTEREST

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Got a Zamazenta without even really trying.

I imagine Zacian's going to be a lot harder to get since it's the one people like more.
yeah, I'm working on filling my homedex too and I assumed finding a zamazenta would take awhile. I put a spare xerneas up on the gts, mostly as a joke, and I had a trade within the hour. It doesn't look hacked, if anything it has enough personalization I'm worried some kid accidentally traded their zama.

getting a kingdra was harder

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
ITs an absolute crime that Zenkichi Hasegawa is stuck in P5 strikers
he and mostly Sophia stuck in Strikers, Kasumire stuck in Royal, the entire cast of P5X likely staying there, and now the Tactica gang staying there…yet the Phantom Thieves

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The real reason Miguel wants the canon event to happen. Not slick, but I understand
There's many reasons he's my favorite that's not Peter Parker. And that's one of them. Since Kaine never properly took the Spider-Man title.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Unicorn: Warriors Eternal…y’all should watch it or else I’ll delay all your favorite projects

Jondolio

Smash Hero
The Mandalorian has been consistently great and probably the best thing about Star Wars in years. It still is.

I don't understand most of the criticism about season 3.
I was extremely bored by most of season 3 tbh.

Dave Filoni made my favorite Star Wars thing ever in Clone Wars, but the man needs to realize that it takes more than crashing his favorite action figures against each other to make a good story

Dukefire

Smash Master
Ok, Sonic Superstars has Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy to join this new adventure. Eggman and now Fang the Sniper (Nack the Weasel) causing trouble. What got me interested is the "NEW" character.

We currently do not have enough info about him/her, but I can speculate that it is related to these new powers, cyberspace(?), and new location. Lastly, someone forgotten or completely new?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Looking at Superstars, I feel they took notes from the Advance games, one of the stages has a cybernetic feel which I think 2 did but one of the new mechanics had Sonic run up a wall just like how he does in Neo Green Hill act 1. Unless I misunderstood the press release it seems that these powers will be rewards for collecting Chaos Emeralds, which is pretty neat. We also get a good look at Amy's playstyle in this and Origins, she can attack while on the move without losing momentum which is pretty damn cool

ALSO MY BOY FANG THE SNIPER NACK THE WEASEL LETS ****ING GOOOOO MAKE HIM FUNNY ASS BOSS FIGHTS LIKE IN TRIPLE TROUBLE I MISSED THIS DUDE SO MUCH

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I know I was an Ursaluna non-believer but appearently that thing is singlehandedly making Trick Room viable in Smogon singles. What. I had not considered that.

I still get the sense that it'll fall off just a tiny bit but now I kinda wanna get back into competitive and see for myself firsthand.

Top Bottom