• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
In less hype news, the EU is allowing Microsoft to buy Activision. Something I'm not too sure will have good results in the industry long term. Cause letting any of the console owners buy out a company that large of a publisher doesn't seem like a good idea. Not to mention, it's not like Microsoft is bleeding for IPs they could need, they just need to use the ones they have now. So I'm unsure how giving them more stuff to own will fix their issue of not using their IPs well. The only possible good result of this would be if they were finally more proactive in managing their sub-studios and actually cleaned out at least SOME of not most or all of the scumbags in Acti-Blizz currently there. But Microsoft is normally pretty hands off of that stuff, which on paper sounds good, but might be bad if your company needs actual NEW directing.

I dunno, monopolies suck. I don't like the idea of the western game industry getting more and more consolidated.
It is crazy their doing this purchase when Microsoft and their gaming subsidaries are doing huge layoffs atm. Sending mixed messages tbh.

betting the over that half of them get replaced by AI

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It has taken me 3 days to start having an idea of what to do in TotK, been spending all my time wandering around trying and sometimes failing to find anything and christ they really went overboard with sidequests, I actually kinda give a **** about most of these people now lmao

Everyone talks about Mipha, Urbosa, Sidon, Revali, Purah, Paya

Where is the love for my man Daruk 😤
Nonexistant for having one of the worst line deliveries in BotW
Okay, everyone tell me what you think the Worst Cartoon Series Ever is

Because I don't know why
Avatar The Last Airbender, thank god the movie was actually good instead of this trash lmao

Jondolio

Smash Hero
From what I've seen of SU (which I believe is over half) the show felt like it was trying to be two different shows and from what I know about what I didn't watch it just tumbled down to the trash from there

Ain't no way they made the space fascists turn good, nah bruh 😐 Rebecca Sugar is literally Jewish how did she not see what's wrong with that

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
From what I've seen of SU (which I believe is over half) the show felt like it was trying to be two different shows and from what I know about what I didn't watch it just tumbled down to the trash from there

Ain't no way they made the space fascists turn good, nah bruh 😐 Rebecca Sugar is literally Jewish how did she not see what's wrong with that
The main message of the show and the villains being redeemed (or at least not defeated lethally) was about solving problems peacefully, defeating foes without killing, and giving second chances.

Whether the show succeeded on that front or not is another question.

Regardless of one's opinion, I think it's universally agreed that the show's final major and overarching villain was severally underutilized.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So remember Disney Domination?

it might actually be real….?

I'll be honest, I feel like most Smash clones I'd be interested in are the ones about game companies.

I dunno if this is real, but if it is, a Disney one could be alright, but I'd rather just has a Marvel Smash game that looks a little like MUA 3 or Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It almost always sets the new game up for failure
Only NSAB and Multiversus seems to have had much success, and that's mostly on their own and not without their own shares of problems.

And that's also still without actually "killing" Smash Bros. as a franchise in the process.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

The Steven Universe crew was ill equipped to handle deep topics like facism, colonisalism, slavery amd genocide. I think Rebecca Sugar said that "there are no villians" which should have been the writing on the wall that they have 0 idea how to actually handle those topics.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'll be honest, I feel like most Smash clones I'd be interested in are the ones about game companies.

I dunno if this is real, but if it is, a Disney one could be alright, but I'd rather just has a Marvel Smash game that looks a little like MUA 3 or Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions.
It says every aspect of Disney( Pixar, fox, TVA, and Marvel) are in this game. Which would make for a pretty great roster and diverse one at that.
People really need to stop claiming that new video games are going to to be what ends the popularity of other game franchises of the same genre lmao
Yeah but according to rumors dipper, Mabel, and Amphibia get representation here. So how is Sakurai gonna beat that?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How are people once again falling for the exact same very clearly AI generated images 😭

And the ones that aren't ai are just reusing the KH Models.
I don’t think it’s AI. The Penny Proud picture posted with these new images, would have to man made. Since multiple other things are going on in that picture, and AI can’t handle complex prompts well.

The fact hungry box and other people have claimed to have sources say this game is real, makes me still give it a shot to be real. Especially when if this is AI, why did it take them this long to make such few images?

Makes me think that when someone like Hboxhad access to Multiversus screenshots way early, that someone else could be leaking this game if it’s real.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I dunno man, Zelda and Pokemon have been dead ever since Dark Cloud and Yokai Watch, clearly this is gonna out do Smash assuming it's real
At this point, I feel like I'm just watching The Heavy is Dead with all these claims about how new games of similar genres to an existing franchises are going to kill the preexisting franchises off.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
The Simpson family are possibly the Geno of Disney Domination's speculation scene. (Because Electronic Arts has an exclusivity deal with the franchise's video game rights, like Square Enix and the Star Puppet from SMRPG)
The difference is that the yellow family were the company mascots of 20th Century Fox (well, this comparison didn't work)

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
The Steven Universe crew was ill equipped to handle deep topics like facism, colonisalism, slavery amd genocide. I think Rebecca Sugar said that "there are no villians" which should have been the writing on the wall that they have 0 idea how to actually handle those topics.
I don't think there was any ill intent but combined with one of the uh, character concept arts, it doesn't paint a very flattering picture of Rebecca Sugar and her crew

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The Simpson family is possibly the Geno of Disney Domination's speculation scene. (Because Electronic Arts has an exclusivity deal with the franchise's video game rights)
The difference is that the yellow family were the company mascots of 20th Century Fox (well, this comparison didn't work)
I think Homer was on the 55 character list. Might be wrong though. Family guy was on it for sure though.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I don’t think it’s AI. The Penny Proud picture posted with these new images, would have to man made. Since multiple other things are going on in that picture, and AI can’t handle complex prompts well.

The fact hungry box and other people have claimed to have sources say this game is real, makes me still give it a shot to be real. Especially when if this is AI, why did it take them this long to make such few images?

Makes me think that when someone like Hboxhad access to Multiversus screenshots way early, that someone else could be leaking this game if it’s real.
The Penny Proud image is a bunch of visual garbage and an admittedly new render of a 3D looking Penny proud (but AI can do 3D so...)

I don't take Hbox's word at face value because if I was in a position to make people believe a leak, I would do it with this one becauase this leak is ****ing hilarious.

The Multiversus leaks were of a Character Select Screen that had brand new art. not a bunch of non-sequitur screenshots of Disney characters. and also Mutliversus was corroborated by other more notable industry leakers.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So remember Disney Domination?

it might actually be real….?

Seeing Mickey Mouse and Peter Griffin put together in terms of a video game is absolutely hilarious.

But for real, if one of your selling points is that it's a [insert big game] killer, all you're doing is raising customers' expectations to ridiculously high levels which most of time does much more harm to the product than good, especially if the game starts off falling flat on its face.

If this rumor is real, I will not support the game at launch and rather will wait to see if it's actually worth the hype, as I've been burned by many games that had similar situations like this.

Reactions: Z25

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I don't think there was any ill intent but combined with one of the uh, character concept arts, it doesn't paint a very flattering picture of Rebecca Sugar and her crew
Ik what you mean by that. On a related note, that show does have it's issues with writing PoC. Or I guess, it had it's issues with PoC (mainly black) coded characters since there really wasn't PoC in the show (unless you cound Lars who died and became pink for whatever reason).

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
I think Homer was on the 55 character list. Might be wrong though. Family guy was on it for sure though.
Gandalf was part of the original MultiVersus leaked image but he never came on the Open Beta. After Warner Brothers confirmed a multi-year deal with Embracer (after their acquisition of Middle-Earth Enterprises) and we don't know if it includes video games Pretty sure EA will make a deal with Disney to add The SIMPS later into the game's lifespan (like LEGO Dimensions).

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Yeah I'm calling bs the Old Discourse glitch was not fixed
I mean there is steven universe discourse going on so definitely there is some fix that went through allowing more Old Discourse.

Let me just mention Cacomallow to test this further

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If Phineas and Ferb characters were added:
“At last Perry The Platypus, allowing me to introduce you to my newest inator, the guninator:
1684181344243.jpeg

The Multiversus leaks were of a Character Select Screen that had brand new art. not a bunch of non-sequitur screenshots of Disney characters. and also Mutliversus was corroborated by other more notable industry leakers.
Pretty sure the Hbox video came first, then other people backed it up.

There were images of Rick and other stages that didn’t come till later iirc as well. On top of pretty much every detail about the base setup, content and play style of the game, we’re all leaked well in advance of its announcement. We saw artwork of the treehouse stage, the trophy’s edge stage and one of the other ones at launch, as well as in battle screenshots

So there was definitely more then just the character select screen out in the wild. The rest of the images were there being shared privately, and it wasn’t too long after the character select screen leaked publicly, that the rest followed.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It says every aspect of Disney( Pixar, fox, TVA, and Marvel) are in this game. Which would make for a pretty great roster and diverse one at that.

Yeah but according to rumors dipper, Mabel, and Amphibia get representation here. So how is Sakurai gonna beat that?
I know, I'm just saying a Marvel Smash game could do well enough on its own. Kind of like the Shonen Jump ones on the DS.

Reactions: Z25

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Top Bottom