• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Man, the people who believed the Cacomallow nonsense were so overhyped, thinking that such a leak was real when it turned out fake. Some are just overly hopeful, wouldn't you all say?

Shroob

Sup?
Man, the people who believed the Cacomallow nonsense were so overhyped, thinking that such a leak was real when it turned out fake. Some are just overly hopeful, wouldn't you all say?
You could say that

Let's just all try to forget the time the Geno thread was a cult

Or when someone mentioned they were akin to a specific group of oppressed and persecuted people.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You could say that

Let's just all try to forget the time the Geno thread was a cult

Or when someone mentioned they were akin to a specific group of oppressed and persecuted people.
What do you mean by the last part? I think I kind of understand.

I was part of the Geno thread, but I was much more realistic than the others, more mature, and I knew Geno might have had no shot at getting in despite what the others there thought. I tried to get everyone to hype responsibly, but they refused, and lashed out at me.

I did like having fun, so I did goof off at times there, but I knew that despite the "evidence" they had, Geno sure was not a lock at all. With that, look what happened over there in the end.

Shroob

Sup?
What do you mean by the last part? I think I kind of understand.

I was part of the Geno thread, but I was much more realistic than the others, more mature, and I knew Geno might have had no shot at getting in despite what the others there thought. I tried to get everyone to hype responsibly, but they refused, and lashed out at me.

I did like having fun, so I did goof off at times there, but I knew that despite the "evidence" they had, Geno sure was not a lock at all. With that, look what happened over there in the end.
I remember there was some stink about the thread(Granted, when wasn't there), since a user basically compared the Geno fanbase to an oppressed group of people.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I remember there was some stink about the thread(Granted, when wasn't there), since a user basically compared the Geno fanbase to an oppressed group of people.
I see that. I guess they kind of were, but they were so overhyped and overconfident, not to mention a cult as you said, and not listening to reason. I don't know if I can say it was their fault, but they kinda added to the reasons why they were "oppressed". if you know what I mean. Their behavior did not help matters.

Shroob

Sup?
I see that. I guess they kind of were, but they were so overhyped and overconfident, not to mention a cult as you said, and not listening to reason. I don't know if I can say it was their fault, but they kinda added to the reasons why they were "oppressed". if you know what I mean. Their behavior did not help matters.
Okay, I need to tell you that this is extremely yikes.

A bunch of grown-ass man children crying about their favorite video game character is nowhere near the suffering people whose government is trying to systematically erase is.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Character support threads in general could get really overzealous.

And don't get me wrong, it can be a lot of fun. Bu there's always gonna be somebody who takes things too far...
Yeah, especially when someone or a number of people won't listen about hyping responsibly.

I won't name the user I am about to talk about, but I had a feeling the guy who said he was a leaker was doing it for attention, taking advantage of the people on the thread.

Okay, I need to tell you that this is extremely yikes.

A bunch of grown-ass man children crying about their favorite video game character is nowhere near the suffering people whose government is trying to systematically erase is.
I know. Maybe I should have worded what I said better? I did not mean to be political.

But yeah, they built that hype up fast, and at the end, it was all for nothing. Geez, it is rather sad. All over a video game character. A cult who pushes for a video game character to the point of not listening to reason, which is mentally unhealthy, if you ask me. It is just a video game after all.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
My little sister was watching me play. Made it to Zora’s Domain.

We found out Sidon had a gf.

She was inconsolable :nifty:
even worse. A soon to be wife.
Aint gonna stop my Sidon simping or Sidon x Link shipping ass lol
I’m stuck doing this useless fire temple phase…now I have to find out about this…oh god…

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Wow...I honestly didn't think I'd be this hyped about Splatoon 3's Sizzle Season! I'm looking forward to trying out the new Challenge mode!

Top Bottom