• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash Affiliates - Making appearances here and there since 2006

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Renee is real easy to talk to, so you don't have to worry about feeling awkward.

I have a meeting in the morning until 2 or something. I'll have to see what I can do for Crismas and her party. Alternatively, train? :D

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Ok, dudes.

Show up around 2:30 pm I would say. Chloe has stuff she needs to do before then.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
What!? HBK in the building!? Dang, well I promised some NY smashers I'd come by and play in Brooklyn tomorrow so if i come by it'll be laterish like around 8.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Let it be known that if I come to this it's mostly to see Pocky D off. That said, I hope I can make it, I still miss you guys. <3

Beat

Smash Ace
I can't make it anymore, I have too much holiday crap to take care of. I hate this time of year. However...

You guys helped get me a great Christmas present! Thanks for voting for me, everyone! I'm officially one of the boards' nominees for best artist!

<3Chocobo!

R3N0

Smash Lord
someone.. please.. just agree to put me in their car for maryland..~~

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Dudes..I have a dilemma.

As some of you may already now my gf and my mother live together. This is all well and good, but my mother is very religous and my gf isn't. My mom believes that God has helped her with all her problems and will do the same for my gf. My gf has her fair share of bull**** she is dealing with right now, that you can be sure of.

Basically her parents have turned their backs on her and she had nowhere to go so my mom took her in. Anyway, back to the problem. My mother is trying to force Chloe to go to church. Now I believe that religous matters are very personal and no one should be forced into it. Also Chloe is 20 years of age. No one can legally forcer her to do anything.

But she is in a bind. My mother may turn around and kick her out or refuse to ddrive her to the places she needs to go. I doubt my mom would thorw her out as she herself has lead a hard life and knows what's it's like when you have nowhere to turn to. But my mom definitely WOULD refuse to help Chloe out in other ways. My mother also gave me a passive threat saying that if I myself didn't go to Church with her then she woukldn't do any favors for me. She then alluded to the possibility that she might not allow us to have meetings at her house if I didn't go with her.

I tell you this now in case you didn't know. I'm atheist/buddhist.

Anyway, I have a question for all of you. What do you think of this situation? How should it be handled?

What should we say to my mother? She said that she would drag Chloe to church if she had to. Now of course, chloe could call the police, but if she did something like that, then I'm certain my mother would throw her out.

Chloe is a grown woman. She shouldn't be forced to worship if she doesn't want to.

What do you all think of this?

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Well have they tried any compromises yet or something? Sorry I am not fully aware of your situation but that may be the best way unless the circumstances are serious.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
I'm atheist/buddhist.
<_< how is that even possible?

Chloe is a grown woman. She shouldn't be forced to worship if she doesn't want to.
Did you mention that to Mrs. Emblem Lord?

What do you all think of this?
What exactly do you do if you go to Church on Sunday? If it doesn't require much time/effort it's probably less of a hassle to go/have Chloe go than to argue with Mrs. Emblem Lord.

To stall for time, you could tell her that God offers choices in life and that Chloe needs some time to think about things because life has been stressful etc. etc. before she can make a calm, rational decision.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
forcing people to do anything religious and treating them differently if they don't is just flat out wrong, end of story. People's religious beliefs are personal and shouldn't be taken into account when you're deciding whether to help them out or not. The way you talk about it, it seems that your mom is forcing her into a go-to-church or get-no-help decision, which seems totally unreasonable. But if Chloe has no other options, she could always compromise her beliefs and just go to church for the sake of making your mom happy. In the long run, going to church isn't the end of the world, but I understand how awkward it is to be forced into a religious situation when you don't share any of the beliefs of that religion. Basically, it's a decision that Chloe needs to make for herself. If she really couldn't live with going to church, then she shouldn't, but if it were up to me, I'd rather go to church and hate it for a few hours a week than try to live with someone who wouldn't give me any help or not get to live with them at all.

R3N0

Smash Lord
look freedom is all nice, but she has power and .. religious freedom is all great.. but i mean.. its also your mom, and it'd make her happy.. whats like an hour or something in church listening to some guy tell stories compared to awesome perks.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Help me out

Hey guys. I am planning to go to Scar's tournament and I need some help. You see I would like a ride cause I cannot pay for a train ticket there. I was wondering if someone can me and 3 others.

Crismas
Tec0
Vanz

We are willing to pay gas and help out anyway we can we just need a better way to get there. Since me and Vanz live in NYC we are going to probably all meet up at Tec0's or my gf's since it is closer.

If someone can take us please im me. Doyoung I would like to ask you but I rather ask everyone here as well in case...and its more polite^^.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I'm basically with you guys on this.

I'll try to talk to my mom, but otherwise I'll just tell Chloe to bite the bullet if my mother threatens to kick Chloe out or refuse to help her out in other ways.

If my mom just *****es about it then I really don't care though and I'll stick to my guns.

Kashif: Buddhism is a way of life. It means to walk the path of the buddha. So it's striving for understanding of the self and inner peace.

Atheism just means that you don't acknowledge/believe in the existence of any gods, goddesses or any supreme being.

mog87

Smash Ace
lmao thats hilarious...but seriously as a person who my mother dragged me to church the first 13-14 yrs of life... Theres no sleep like church sleep, except maybe college lecture room sleep.

Basically in life you have to make sacrifices..this is a very small one that leads to far more beneficial things. But lol @ you having to go as well. So yea just do it. No point arguing its a pretty good deal as is.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Best day of my life: I tunred 18 and the Sunday of that week my mom said. Come on let's go to Church. I was like, nope. I'm 18. You ain't forcing me to do nothing.

Her jaw hit the floor.

Priceless.

Anyway she didn't say I have to go or that Chloe had to go. She implied that she wouldn't do us any favors if we didn't go with her. Like it's ok for her to barter her beliefs for favors from her.

That's the fukced up part.

Cort

Apple Head
I hope you all vote for me for most improved. <3

Click my siggy for some obvious reasons.

Also I'm appalled that WoZ did not make sexiest mod despite countless nominations.

pockyD

Smash Legend
bartering her "beliefs" (in reality just asking you to sacrifice 4 hours in your week - it honestly sounds like she doesn't actually care what you really 'believe', as long as you put up the appearance of showing in church) is much more reasonable than bartering the essentials for living (a place to stay, food to eat, etc)

i think you guys should just go if you want the 'favors' :)

on the other hand, i don't think chloe should go if she doesn't want to just for TSA meetings' sake

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
gifts to everyone my personal collection of pics drawn by cristin

I have more but those are way to personal...though for me the sonic one is my absolute fav cause im a huge sonic fan..satam for life

R3N0

Smash Lord
< YELL > Zomg Like Wtf I Want That Sheik In Sticker Version And Green >_<

Omg Get At All Caps

Merry Xmas Omfg Zomg.. Like Wtf < / YELL >

gay.. it edited all my yelling caps..

Top Bottom