• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
It's been a long time guys, but it's finally finished at long last...

The galaxy's most feared bounty hunter, Samus Aran, joins the Smash 3 cast!​

Check out this Imgur album for a full-size render, fourteen palette swaps, and in-game screenshots!

Our team came to a decision, and I've decided to personally hand over the Brawl model to you guys, while the rest of the Smash 3 team slowly works on the Other M model and the other Smash 3 characters. We had originally planned to do just the Other M model, I mainly did the Brawl model as a fun little side project. I'm being totally honest, I've had the finished textures sitting in my hard drive for a long while now, along with some menu assets and a beautiful render, courtesy of Tails... but I never got around to uploading it. Soon I'll be putting together all of my assets (textures, PSD templates, etc.) into one package and PM it to you guys. I've kind of retired from the team, and I don't quite have all the necessary assets to make proper wallpapers and everything, so I had to work with what I had.

I apologize this took so long to make... but hopefully the wait was worth it! :)
*Return to this thread after simply contributing to the beautiful cancer that is the PM social thread, see this and snake....*
YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I really am diggin the pose for Samus. The color choices are excellent and well done too! Just a heads up, there seems to be no CSS icon for Samus. Don't know if that was intentional or not, just thought I might point it out.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

Check out this Imgur album for a full-size render, fourteen palette swaps, and in-game screenshots!

Our team came to a decision, and I've decided to personally hand over the Brawl model to you guys, while the rest of the Smash 3 team slowly works on the Other M model and the other Smash 3 characters. We had originally planned to do just the Other M model, I mainly did the Brawl model as a fun little side project. I'm being totally honest, I've had the finished textures sitting in my hard drive for a long while now, along with some menu assets and a beautiful render, courtesy of Tails... but I never got around to uploading it. Soon I'll be putting together all of my assets (textures, PSD templates, etc.) into one package and PM it to you guys. I've kind of retired from the team, and I don't quite have all the necessary assets to make proper wallpapers and everything, so I had to work with what I had.

I apologize this took so long to make... but hopefully the wait was worth it! :)
Weird. There is no CSS image. Ruined FOREVER!
Looks great though. Will use this one until Other M version will be available. Really diggin' that Dark Samus color. Light Suit is poorly done compared to others however (white parts are the most noticable here, making it hard to notice black parts because of it and visor should be yellow). Not that its bad. Just not as good as others.

Last edited:

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike

Woah, first Snake, then Brawl Samus (the one I really wanted)? This is awesome, thank you guys again so much; these two have definitely been worth the wait! What a great way to brighten up my day after experiencing the monster known as amiibo hunting XD

Mazui1141

Smash Rookie

Not sure if I'm simply missing something, but are there any CSS portrait files included? Sorry, I don't know about the simplicity/difficulty of the creation process.

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace

GREAT, using this despite being the only Smash 3 character in my build and bringing inconsistency!
btw, that color pallette list is compressed to jpg, no likey :c
btw btw, whipped up these icons!

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Is snake not getting the custom PM team colors and Big Boss alt done?

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Err... 14?
Another guy had it already. None, she already killed them all... lol.
This is great! Could you quickly make a CSS icon for it? I'll probably end up using Brawl Samus even after the Other M one comes out, so I'd like all the portraits to match.
I had totally forgotten to make CSS icons, but thankfully another user made them. I'll be adding them to the download asap.
*Return to this thread after simply contributing to the beautiful cancer that is the PM social thread, see this and snake....*
YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I feel the same way man, it's a huge relief to get this off my chest.
I really am diggin the pose for Samus. The color choices are excellent and well done too! Just a heads up, there seems to be no CSS icon for Samus. Don't know if that was intentional or not, just thought I might point it out.
Thank you. I was originally going to do a modified pose based off her Super Metroid artwork, but I liked the pose Tails made, and we stuck with it. Most of her palettes are based on her variety of suits from Metroid games, while the last 3 are based on three popular creatures. Can you name all three?

And again, I had forgotten to include CSS icons, but that will be fixed in a bit.
Weird. There is no CSS image. Ruined FOREVER!
Looks great though. Will use this one until Other M version will be available. Really diggin' that Dark Samus color. Light Suit is poorly done compared to others however (white parts are the most noticable here, making it hard to notice black parts because of it and visor should be yellow). Not that its bad. Just not as good as others.
You have no idea how good the Dark Samus one looks in-game. I even used the same spec materials as the Dark Samus trophy, so her armor has that really neat, organic looking shine, and the blue specular map combined with the rim lighting gives her a faint dark blue aura.

The white is based off of the Light Suit and SJS's white cBliss Samus. Her model doesn't exactly lend well to mostly white, but I stand by my work as it is. I based the visor color off of the actual Light Suit visor, which is a clear pale blue, while the rest of the glowing parts are gold/yellow like they should be.
GREAT, using this despite being the only Smash 3 character in my build and bringing inconsistency!
btw, that color pallette list is compressed to jpg, no likey :c
btw btw, whipped up these icons!
Thanks mate, these look pretty good. I'll pop these in the main download in a little bit.

Last edited:

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
I made some small changes to some of the vertices on her torso, so that she doesn't have that giant crotch bulge. I also slightly tweaked a couple of vertices on her shoulders so that the grey parts on the inside don't stick out of her upper arms during some animations.

No bone edits were made, it's totally safe.
[collapse=Default model with Smash 3 textures]
[/collapse]
[collapse=My vertex changes to the default model with Smash 3 textures]
[/collapse]

Also just updated the download. Added the CSS icons made by Obskore, and changed the Dark Samus rim lighting from grey to a slight dark blue. Nothing else was changed.

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Thank you. I was originally going to do a modified pose based off her Super Metroid artwork, but I liked the pose Tails made, and we stuck with it. Most of her palettes are based on her variety of suits from Metroid games, while the last 3 are based on three popular creatures. Can you name all three?
I think it Mother Brain, Ridley and Dark Samus. Btw, just saw the Metroid Prime 2 Recolors in game, and holy moly they look so good! Really great job!

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
I don't know if you guys have noticed, but the OP has gone through a minor overhaul. The alternate costumes are now organized by their respective franchises, and the second post is now designated for extra Smash 3 recolors!

But it seems that in the midst of these updates we forgot something important.

What a shame.

EDIT:
Now its in the OP. Thank you @ kazan kazan .

Last edited:

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
Been working on "Smash 3-ifying" a Peach mod I found, and I can't believe I've never noticed how weird Peach's rig makes her look without a dress on.

That dress hid everything before, so you'd never have noticed it, but without it all of her movements look painfully unnatural. I'm no doctor, but I'm pretty sure that shoulder would be broken and her hip would be dislocated.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Been working on "Smash 3-ifying" a Peach mod I found, and I can't believe I've never noticed how weird Peach's rig makes her look without a dress on.

That dress hid everything before, so you'd never have noticed it, but without it all of her movements look painfully unnatural. I'm no doctor, but I'm pretty sure that shoulder would be broken and her hip would be dislocated.
Yeah, I noticed the same thing when I was working on this: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=204340

Quite frankly I'm not sure I'll ever be adding it to the OP just because of how awkward it looks in-game, even though I do plan to update it. It's a little bit of a shame to not be able to add all of Peach's cool outfits from some of her other appearances, since they all look so weird without the dress!

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
You have no idea how good the Dark Samus one looks in-game. I even used the same spec materials as the Dark Samus trophy, so her armor has that really neat, organic looking shine, and the blue specular map combined with the rim lighting gives her a faint dark blue aura.

The white is based off of the Light Suit and SJS's white cBliss Samus. Her model doesn't exactly lend well to mostly white, but I stand by my work as it is. I based the visor color off of the actual Light Suit visor, which is a clear pale blue, while the rest of the glowing parts are gold/yellow like they should be.
I know. I tried them all. Its simply gorgeous.

Actually, its just white.
I guess i was spoiled by SSB4 version's yellow visor. It probably looks better because her suit has better proportions in SSB4 and Light Suit has better proportions too.

Hacksythe

Smash Rookie
I don't know if you guys have noticed, but the OP has gone through a minor overhaul. The alternate costumes are now organized by their respective franchises, and the second post is now designated for extra Smash 3 recolors!

But it seems that in the midst of these updates we forgot something important.

What a shame.

EDIT:
Now its in the OP. Thank you @ kazan kazan .
Wait I thought, that Melee Fox was already done?

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Challenge Introduction.png

Geno Challenge.png
Pichu Challenge.png
Take on my challenge tower of Smash 3-ification if you DARE!
Each Character has their own challenges one must overcome...
(More challenges will be added as soon as I rim-light him/her/it.)​

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Going off Cahalan's idea, is this a place to request non-Project M model edits? I have things I'd love to get worked on (eventually, that is), but if it's not the purpose of this thread I'm accepting of that.

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Going off Cahalan's idea, is this a place to request non-Project M model edits? I have things I'd love to get worked on (eventually, that is), but if it's not the purpose of this thread I'm accepting of that.
Well everyone is welcome to contribute. I'm sure someone would be willing to help you if you started up a texture or model edit. I have gotten a lot of help just by asking members who post in this thread, and plenty are here to give constructive feedback.

Juken

Smash Ace
It's been generally frowned upon to outright request things here, but some of the recent Smash 3 stuff has had me wanting to badly so I'll break the rule for this samus stuff, since even if I had the time and motivation to learn it all, it'd be a bit too high up my alley.

It's basically those really detailed Samus suits in Smash 3 form, like this, this, and this

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Ha! I was not crazy! Marth did have his 3.0 Moveset! So all of the sword/bow scissor thing users had their smash 3 sword trails with their 3.0 moveset. This was Ike, Pit, Link, Toon Link, Roy, and Marth I believe. I have temporarily fixed that, and now you can play with their 3.5 moveset! here are some things I could not replicate :
-Marth's Dancing Blade (side B): color change on sword trail
- Marth's Dancing Blade (side B) :non changing color on body
-Roy's Double Edge Dance (side B): yellow color overlay on Double Edge Dance
- Roy's Double Edge Dance (side B): Yellow sword trail
Enjoy!

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Huh. Who's that Pokémon? I feel like I've seen it recently, or something.

...Maybe in my GIMP files?
HYPE INTENSIFIES.
Also whoever completes a challenge on the tower I will:
1. Link to the final product
2. Put the current (at the time) profile picture and name while linking to the users page. (next to what he/she completed)

Last edited:

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
So I've been working with Shadow Dragon Marth for a lot recently. There was this one recolor that I posted on the official Smash 3 thread awhile ago:

This was the start of a personal recolor overhaul project that I did to have a full set of 10 diverse recolors for Smash 3 Shadow Dragon Marth, and I just finished all of them last night! While I don't have screenshots of all of them yet, here's a collection of some BrawlBox screenshots to give you an idea of what they look like:

With the exception of the first and seventh colors, which are the original Smash 3 textures, all of these recolors are adapted from other Marth textures with some personal liberties taken, and were recolored using the Smash 3 Marth PSDs. Colors 2 through 6 are based on the Smash 3C Brawl Marth textures by Layell, color 9 is based on a recolor from Crixler's Lord Marth textures, and colors 8 and 10 are based on two textures from the original Shadow Dragon Marth by Shun_One.

So, how do they look? While I would like to release them on Brawl Vault, these recolors lack CSPs and BPs, and using Photoshop to manually recolor images hasn't been working out so well. If there's anyone who would either like to make quality CSPs or provide a tutorial on how I could make them myself, I'd really appreciate it. I want to share these recolors as soon as possible!

Last edited:

NXero

Smash Apprentice
*I don't know if you guys do model editing like the S3 team, if not, ignore this post.

I really want to see what you will do to ZSS, hopefuly not only rimlight, I find the alt costumes weird looking (the hair mostly)

And will you guys work on Awakening-style L** even if she doesn't have the costume included initially? The default one is too plain, like Roy's (good thing iwg is fixing him) She will probably require a lot of work though, a simple recolor is fine too

BTW, the Chrom link in the OP doesn't work

Last edited:

NXero

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I get it. I'm gonna return to my dungeon now.

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
So I've been working with Shadow Dragon Marth for a lot recently. There was this one recolor that I posted on the official Smash 3 thread awhile ago:

This was the start of a personal recolor overhaul project that I did to have a full set of 10 diverse recolors for Smash 3 Shadow Dragon Marth, and I just finished all of them last night! While I don't have screenshots of all of them yet, here's a collection of some BrawlBox screenshots to give you an idea of what they look like:

With the exception of the first and seventh colors, which are the original Smash 3 textures, all of these recolors are adapted from other Marth textures with some personal liberties taken, and were recolored using the Smash 3 Marth PSDs. Colors 2 through 6 are based on the Smash 3C Brawl Marth textures by Layell, color 9 is based on a recolor from Crixler's Lord Marth textures, and colors 8 and 10 are based on two textures from the original Shadow Dragon Marth by Shun_One.

So, how do they look? While I would like to release them on Brawl Vault, these recolors lack CSPs and BPs, and using Photoshop to manually recolor images hasn't been working out so well. If there's anyone who would either like to make quality CSPs or provide a tutorial on how I could make them myself, I'd really appreciate it. I want to share these recolors as soon as possible!
I think they look good, and I'd like to see you upload it and add it to the OP's recolors. Recoloring the CSPs on your own is an option, but I hesitate to recommend that since Marth's render is older and doesn't really have the quality of the later renders they've done with Blender. PM me if you have skype and want help using Blender to make some renders.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
he's complete, we're just waiting for permission.
Yeah, the creator of the model hasn't responded.
Seeing as I'm the other guy involved and he hasn't responded...

S3C Chrom has the green light.

Last edited:
Top Bottom