• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

ImThatGuy

Smash Cadet
Woah, the Claus colors are amazing, I tried to do one ( I had never done any kind of texturing before so I wanted to just try recoloring) but its nowhere near as polished as yours @ledgerewskie

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Oh it's nice to see more posts from you, Hansi. I do think that Pikachu's headscarf is too bright and saturated, though. Try to aim closer to the way reds are in Smash Wii U, by looking at Ness, Mario, or Villager.

Hansius

Smash Rookie
It's good to be posting something again. Let's just say anything that could have possibly gone wrong this semester has, so I have been pretty busy. Also good call, I didn't realize how bad it was until you pointed it out. This look better? Or too unsaturated?

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Hey, it's Lucas! And that other guy that looks kinda like Lucas but also different! Commander Lucas has been updated and re-textured, along with the Masked Man. This has been a character I've wanted to update for months, because the previous version was barely worth uploading, so I'm happy to finally get it out after working on it for a few weeks with Aghanim.

Can you guess where some of the recolor ideas come from?

Wallpaper!

Hm.. who's next?

Last edited:

Hacksythe

Smash Rookie
Hey, it's Lucas! And that other guy that looks kinda like Lucas but also different! Commander Lucas has been updated and re-textured, along with the Masked Man. This has been a character I've wanted to update for months, because the previous version was barely worth uploading, so I'm happy to finally get it out after working on it for a few weeks with Aghanim.

Can you guess where some of the recolor ideas come from?

Wallpaper!

Hm.. who's next?
I can guess two
Duster:

M.bison:

Last edited:

lowbro

Smash Cadet
is Masked Man supposed to have no expressions (canon reasons?) or was that just not implemented?

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
is Masked Man supposed to have no expressions (canon reasons?) or was that just not implemented?
We made masked man to be resembling an emotionless robot so we didn't implemented that (even the original one lacked that feature so we tought it was okay to keep it that way)

I'm just more into foxes.
what about Snakes?

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
What's going on? The box is moving!

Kept you waiting, huh?​

You thought Taiko was joking? Here's Solid Snake for Smash 3C! And because Brawl Snake is an aesthetic combination of Solid Snake's body with Naked Snake's face, there are two versions! Use the Naked Snake version if you can't stand losing that classy Brawl beard, or perhaps you prefer to have Solid Snake's face to match his iconic sneaking suit! Additionally, you'll find an alternate costume based on Big Boss's appearance in Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, complete with eyepatch!

Here are some wallpapers, but don't forget to check out the imgur album!

Solid Snake Version:
Naked Snake version:

Here's a bonus! You might remember something similar from April Fool's.

Last edited:

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman

Kept you waiting, huh?​

You thought Taiko was joking? Here's Solid Snake for Smash 3C! And because Brawl Snake is an aesthetic combination of Solid Snake's body with Naked Snake's face, there are two versions! Use the Naked Snake version if you can't stand losing that classy Brawl beard, or perhaps you prefer to have Solid Snake's face to match his iconic sneaking suit! Additionally, you'll find an alternate costume based on Big Boss's appearance in Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, complete with eyepatch!

Solid Snake Version:
Naked Snake version:

I guess I can take out the dressing now

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
This should definitely be added to the official build soon. I'm really impressed with the render in particular. Maybe once you guys finish most/all the costumes you can go back and touch up the earlier ones, because the improvement makes them incomparable.

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
This should definitely be added to the official build soon. I'm really impressed with the render in particular. Maybe once you guys finish most/all the costumes you can go back and touch up the earlier ones, because the improvement makes them incomparable.
Wait, the Smash 3 team's not working on snake? I thought this thread was for alts and characters outside of the PM roster?

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Wait, the Smash 3 team's not working on snake? I thought this thread was for alts and characters outside of the PM roster?
Nah, Taiko said they decided to let the Smash 3C team take care of it because of some time difficulties, I think. That's why it's here and not there.

Also, while it's nice having a surprise release here and there, could you guys include the current projects in the OP?

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I'm really impressed with the render in particular. Maybe once you guys finish most/all the costumes you can go back and touch up the earlier ones, because the improvement makes them incomparable.
Thanks! The render for the CSPs is actually done by Codex9; it's the same as his PM Remastered CSPs if you notice. I have been working on improving our renders as well though (the grenade launcher and most of the recent CSPs were done by me), so there is a plan to redo some of the older characters.
Also, while it's nice having a surprise release here and there, could you guys include the current projects in the OP?
The OP actually needs a lot of work done, but kazan has been busy and never has much of a chance to update it. It would be nice if multiple people were able to edit it, but oh well. Speaking of current projects, though, a lot of us work together, but there isn't really a team, so not everyone even knows what we're all working on. I can say that you should expect to see improved Star Fox alts soon, and I may be working on Jet Set Sonic.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
The render is great, but the eyes are kind of unsettling to be honest. Half of the way to being a White (Peace) Walker.

Would you consider possibly tuning them so they aren't so bright?

Last edited:

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
Great job on snake, Especially the salad alt it was tasty

The only I don't like is the pose for the render really. I was so tired of snake's same brawl pose, It was on every custom snake csp I see on the vault. I know this took a long time to make, But can u guys give snake a more unique pose like u guys did with concept maya knight.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I can say that you should expect to see improved Star Fox alts soon, and I may be working on Jet Set Sonic.
Nice. For Jet Set Sonic (assuming you're doing him), are you just editing the base model from PM, or are you switching out the head to the Generations one? The Star Fox alts would look great with a touch-up too.

To whoever's working on 3C, I would love it if you did OoT Ganon next. Link's already done but it feels empty without his antagonist. Also there's this amazing Phantom Ganon that could probably be done without much trouble if you did OoT first.

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
Great job on snake, Especially the salad alt it was tasty

The only I don't like is the pose for the render really. I was so tired of snake's same brawl pose, It was on every custom snake csp I see on the vault. I know this took a long time to make, But can u guys give snake a more unique pose like u guys did with concept maya knight.
Funny thing about the lighter eyes is that it was like that so that in the finalised CSPs they can be seen, if you were to make it darker Snake wouldn't have any eyes! (Based on my experience when I did the render back then haha) in case anyone wondered!

I know this took a long time to make, But can u guys give snake a more unique pose like u guys did with concept maya knight.
I feel this statement contradicts itself... or maybe it's just me?

Snake takes a whole day of rendering/setting up from back when I was doing this pose for the Remastered ones, I understand where you're coming from but that would take up too much time for everyone, and wouldn't be fair on the Smash 3C team to completly re-do it when they have a lot of other characters they want to work on.

That's just my two cents on it though! Keep up the great work guys!

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Nice. For Jet Set Sonic (assuming you're doing him), are you just editing the base model from PM, or are you switching out the head to the Generations one? The Star Fox alts would look great with a touch-up too.

To whoever's working on 3C, I would love it if you did OoT Ganon next. Link's already done but it feels empty without his antagonist. Also there's this amazing Phantom Ganon that could probably be done without much trouble if you did OoT first.
I won't be changing the model at all, but the texture should look much nicer. It's a lot of extra work without a lot of payoff to be honest. I will be doing a proper render that uses parts from the Generations model just so it matches, though.

Link also needs his shield re-done so that we can do some better renders. I really just dread doing Ganon, because of how much work that will be. Hopefully a brave soul will come forward and put in the work.

I personally really like the pose, and as Codex says, it's a lot of work making good poses and then rendering them. The renders themselves are about 20-30 minutes for each swap, and that doesn't include all the cleanup and changing with the pose and lighting. I find that Snake is especially difficult to get right because his shoulders often end up looking off when I play around with him in BrawlBox, but at the same time, he is my favorite character, so maybe one day (not soon), I'll make an alternate pose for him.

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
Some friends of mine take offense at that.

And for the record, while I can say that Ganondorf hasn't had much in terms of development, we do have people who would be willing to contribute for what we have in mind. So, no need to fret!

Jay_Blu14

Smash Cadet

Kept you waiting, huh?​

Solid Snake Version:
Naked Snake version:

Is Snake going to get an update, or is this final?

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
@Middleman97
Hey, was using your SMASH 3C build today, 2 things
Sonic costume causes a weird glitch where an effect shows in front of his face and do not show running trails, might wanna update the FitSonic.pac
Marth has his 3.0 moveset (lol his grab ledge range is amazing); Make sure the characters are up to date to their current 3.5 movesets by replacing the FitCharacterMotionEtc.
I either don't know marth or something is up.
Other wise, I did not notice anything else.

Last edited:

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
It's been a long time guys, but it's finally finished at long last...

The galaxy's most feared bounty hunter, Samus Aran, joins the Smash 3 cast!​

Check out this Imgur album for a full-size render, fourteen palette swaps, and in-game screenshots!

Our team came to a decision, and I've decided to personally hand over the Brawl model to you guys, while the rest of the Smash 3 team slowly works on the Other M model and the other Smash 3 characters. We had originally planned to do just the Other M model, I mainly did the Brawl model as a fun little side project. I'm being totally honest, I've had the finished textures sitting in my hard drive for a long while now, along with some menu assets and a beautiful render, courtesy of Tails... but I never got around to uploading it. Soon I'll be putting together all of my assets (textures, PSD templates, etc.) into one package and PM it to you guys. I've kind of retired from the team, and I don't quite have all the necessary assets to make proper wallpapers and everything, so I had to work with what I had.

I apologize this took so long to make... but hopefully the wait was worth it! :)

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Is Snake going to get an update, or is this final?
Yeah, this is final. The only thing I can say really needs updating is the leopard camo, since I did not re-draw that one (it was to complex for me to want to).

It's been a long time guys, but it's finally finished at long last...

The galaxy's most feared bounty hunter, Samus Aran, joins the Smash 3 cast!​

Check out this Imgur album for a full-size render, fourteen palette swaps, and in-game screenshots!

Our team came to a decision, and I've decided to personally hand over the Brawl model to you guys, while the rest of the Smash 3 team slowly works on the Other M model and the other Smash 3 characters. We had originally planned to do just the Other M model, I mainly did the Brawl model as a fun little side project. I'm being totally honest, I've had the finished textures sitting in my hard drive for a long while now, along with some menu assets and a beautiful render, courtesy of Tails... but I never got around to uploading it. Soon I'll be putting together all of my assets (textures, PSD templates, etc.) into one package and PM it to you guys. I've kind of retired from the team, and I don't quite have all the necessary assets to make proper wallpapers and everything, so I had to work with what I had.

I apologize this took so long to make... but hopefully the wait was worth it! :)
This looks great! And so many colors, too. Hopefully @kazan will have time to add it to the OP soon.

Jay_Blu14

Smash Cadet
Yeah, this is final. The only thing I can say really needs updating is the leopard camo, since I did not re-draw that one (it was to complex for me to want to).

This looks great! And so many colors, too. Hopefully @kazan will have time to add it to the OP soon.
Thank you.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Since PM 3.6 is giving Bowser his own symbol, I decided to make an alternate version of the Dry Bowser wallpaper with the new symbol!

I also made one for the regular Smash 3 Bowser, and also redid Solid Snake's wallpapers while I was at it to make the symbol's shading better match the rest of the wallpapers.

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
Since PM 3.6 is giving Bowser his own symbol, I decided to make an alternate version of the Dry Bowser wallpaper with the new symbol!

I also made one for the regular Smash 3 Bowser, and also redid Solid Snake's wallpapers while I was at it to make the symbol's shading better match the rest of the wallpapers.

Nice! Though I was wondering why you gave him a different symbol? Bowser doesn't have a franchise, he's part of the Mario one isn't he? (I like it either way!)

EDIT 2: Ignore me! I just re-read that and it said "PM 3.6 is giving Bowser his own symbol" so that's why!

EDIT: Also really liking the lighting on that Bowser, looks so good!

Last edited:
Top Bottom