• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

lowbro

Smash Cadet
Is anyone working on Brawl Samus? I didn't see it on the Status List, and I wanted to give it a shot.
Also, should samus's colors be based on the Smash 4 samus (ex:
or more based on her vBrawl colors?

Obskore

Smash Ace
Is anyone working on Brawl Samus? I didn't see it on the Status List, and I wanted to give it a shot.
Official Smash 3 Samus will feature both vBrawl and Other M models, so you could give the PM alts a try.
that's what i'm actually going to do once 3.6 comes out

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Even though Smash 3 is doing both variations, I'd keep working on this for a "Super Metroid-esc" color scheme/theme for brawl samus. These look REALLY good in my eyes.

lowbro

Smash Cadet
oops, when Taiko said they were using the other m model, I though he meant they were using that model exclusively

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
This is a small update but it's still giving me butterflies!

I added a purple colour, and the101 made that pink/cyan colour as well. Ledgerewskie made that wonderful render as well. Comes with everything you'll need, CSP. BP. icons, the works.

Album is here: http://imgur.com/a/MQn7e#0

Last edited:

ImThatGuy

Smash Cadet
Wow, these alts are amazing, really liking dry bowser, brawl marth and concept mk, is photoshop a necessity to creating these textures (cant afford it ;~; )

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Wow, these alts are amazing, really liking dry bowser, brawl marth and concept mk, is photoshop a necessity to creating these textures (cant afford it ;~; )
Not at all, you can use GIMP for free. Though you'll probably want to start with some tutorials if you're not familiar with it.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Skooch to the nooch my modding friends.

Dry Bowser looks amazing, as do Brawl Marth, Butterfly Metaknight, hell it all looks good.

All of this will be so great when everything is finished and implemented into one build.

@ the101 the101 Those Ness recolors are so smooth. You've certainly got talent. Any chance you'll be recreating Luke's Smash 4 recolors for Smash 3C?

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
We appreciate your enthusiasm, but I believe that @ Crixler Crixler has already made significant progress on Armored Ike. He's one our more impassioned Fire Emblem fans, so I believe he's in good hands.
Actually, Ledge did most of it so far, but I've done a few bits, and will be doing the recolors soon now that I have returned!

Oh, and happy Easter, everyone!

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I came back from the duegons.. Sorry i was out for a few weeks, i was busy, sick and with my cousin.Also, Mr.M is now fixed. Happy easter everybody!

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
The download link for the rimlit Classic Falcon is broken in the changelog is broken, just a heads up.

StriderSean

Smash Cadet
NNID
RagnarokSeraph
3DS FC
1332-8232-6969
This is a really good recolor pack! I want to try and add it to PM, but I'm kinda new. Can I have some help and possibly all alt. skins/updated skins in a pack for ease of access?

Juken

Smash Ace
Was that updated Smash 3 Melee Fox ever released? I haven't been keeping track of this for a while.

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
This is a really good recolor pack! I want to try and add it to PM, but I'm kinda new. Can I have some help and possibly all alt. skins/updated skins in a pack for ease of access?
I will gladly help you out with this within the next few days. Can you hold out until then?
Was that updated Smash 3 Melee Fox ever released? I haven't been keeping track of this for a while.
It has not been released as of yet. Layell has a few more things he'd like to touch up. But I will say that he's looking glorious.

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
The process of adding the boots/headset/belt buckle for both Melee Spacies has basically been pain.

Both use the same textures but arranged on a sheet very differently, this requires a good amount of rework to get right. As for recolouring the boots Falco was easy since it's just some dumb tint, but when making them for Fox I realized the layer options I had did not make the boots look very good.

Yeah we don't want what this is. But I am quite close to making them look good both grey and coloured, as well as adding in a few details for improving the detail. Some of the textures are straight out of Melee so they need the work. Problem is they are also Gamecube era size and that doesn't help me in adding detail. We are getting there though.

Now onto something else:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kfmer9o5zmeq4i2/RSBEC3-11.png

you might be asking what this is, well it's some HD texture stuff I'm testing out from the original S3 portraits when compared to the compressed brawlbox stuff. Isn't Dolphin custom texture loading great?

Now compare the compressed Marth (this time on the left) to the WIP textures double the size here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4wbde64aprwwmgc/RSBEC3-12.png

Note the compressed black colours in particular.

I had to test out the pattern and modify the scale/opacity, there is no exact formula to get it right and some of it ight end up just being how I prefer it. But I do think this holds promise for Dolphin players. I very well plan to end up making a Smash 3HD once we are able to.

Last edited:

Pantsface16

Smash Rookie
Is anyone ever gonna update the text on the OP? It still says "Updated 1/17/2015 - Added Playable Warioman."
and it's really bothering me

-just your neighborhood OCD

Juken

Smash Ace
Is that masked man for Ness or Lucas? I've been wanting one with the helmet on for Lucas for a long time, but the only masked man mods I've seen are for some reason Ness only...

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Is that masked man for Ness or Lucas? I've been wanting one with the helmet on for Lucas for a long time, but the only masked man mods I've seen are for some reason Ness only...
It's over Lucas, and it should be posted soon. Commander Lucas (and his recolors) are already finished, but Aghanim has to fix some issues with Masked Man's rimlighting.

Emélie De Rochèfort

Smash Rookie
Hello guys! I am Emily or Lili for short. Do you remember me? So,I want to share a problem I have right now.
Up to this point,I have been using my old Wii Remote to access Gecko OS and their own hacks,just like everyone does! Right?
Well,something unfortunate happened to me and know my Wii Remote has broke. I can not access Gecko at all right now,and I cannot use a gamecube controller even If I wanted to,because I have a Wii U. I would buy a wii remote on Amazon,but I could not find one that's official and I may get tricked with a fake one. I hope you understand. I am sorry I disappointed you. Again I apologise for my ignorance.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Looks really nice! I should use this for my custom Project M. Problem being, my PM always crashes when changing CSP's and etc.

Top Bottom