• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
What? Daisy isn't mentioned.

All Nintendo's fault, I do not understand well. In previous collected of votes, Daisy is always mentioned, but not now.
I hope she is actually being voted on.

As I said before, I will keep voting for Daisy in the survey Smash, until the last moment.

#VOTEFORDAISY
She is, this is just putting preliminary info, he said it himself, this data is not final.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
She is, this is just putting preliminary info, he said it himself, this data is not final.
Also has nothing to do internet messages with votes counted in the survey.

Every time I connect to a new network of Internet, take the opportunity to vote for Daisy.

#VOTEFORDAISY

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
On which character?
Sarasaland's Finest.

In other, more positive news, the leak was proven fake today!

Update, no need to worry about that new "leak." NeoGAF people found the rest of his post, and it's full of unrealistic crap. Stuff like Splatoon weapons not in the code being released, Star Fox Zero getting its graphics updated because of fan complaints, Federation Force's story changing because of fan complaints, and Fatal Frame not releasing in October (which, I'm not familiar, but the fans in there seem to think that's absurd).

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?p=176148822#post176148822

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
OP for the Japanese article (and the last one).

As @ Ark of Silence101 Ark of Silence101 stated, this is not the final data. Currently Daisy is in the "top 30". She might shoot up as I work to involve other communities (this is mostly the 2ch and blogs results, as I mentioned in the article).

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Remember that the top result doesn't always get picked. One person voted for Mr. Game and Watch and Sakurai listened.

Also, I think Marvel vs. Capcom 3 add some DLC characters that were nowhere near the top of a poll.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

As @ Ark of Silence101 Ark of Silence101 stated, this is not the final data. Currently Daisy is in the "top 30". She might shoot up as I work to involve other communities (this is mostly the 2ch and blogs results, as I mentioned in the article).
I like to think that Daisy is at least in the top 15, but of course, you're the expert here, just hope she is at least in a position like that.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Remember that the top result doesn't always get picked. One person voted for Mr. Game and Watch and Sakurai listened.

Also, I think Marvel vs. Capcom 3 add some DLC characters that were nowhere near the top of a poll.
I also think there's a big difference between what appeals to the hardcore Smash community (the ~100,000 of us that post online everyday), and the overall Smash community (the 9,800,000 rest of the people who own the game). It's a big question on how many of those actually voted, or who they are....but I think we shouldn't ignore their presence. I wrote about it here. That's why even though some characters are leading the charge in our polls, they might not get in if the general audience isn't aware of who they are.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I also think there's a big difference between what appeals to the hardcore Smash community (the ~100,000 of us that post online everyday), and the overall Smash community (the 9,800,000 rest of the people who own the game). It's a big question on how many of those actually voted, or who they are....but I think we shouldn't ignore their presence. I wrote about it here. That's why even though some characters are leading the charge in our polls, they might not get in if the general audience isn't aware of who they are.
Yeah, a lot of haters say things like: "Daisy is just a Peach clone!", "She isn't relevant the main series!", and the most commonly used "Too many Mario/Royalty characters"!, so what are your thoughts on this if its not too much to ask?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Yeah, a lot of haters say things like: "Daisy is just a Peach clone!", "She isn't relevant the main series!", and the most commonly used "Too many Mario/Royalty characters"!, so what are your thoughts on this if its not too much to ask?
Sakurai hasn't included that many references to non-canon games. Mario Party has no representation at all...and Mario Tennis has Waluigi. Wario might have a move from Mario Strikers. Mario Kart has the best representation out of the Mario spinoffs, and it's probably because it's made by Nintendo themselves and not outsourced. Of course there's trophies here and there but nothing like a stage, or even an item.

I think I saw it mentioned in this thread, but when Sakurai was asked about Daisy in Smash 64 he noted that she hadn't been in any games lately. Of course, that's Smash 64, and since then she's made a comeback through the spinoff games and Sakurai did include a Daisy alt for her fans. I think Daisy is recognizable among general Nintendo fans --which is a plus. However, her lack of canon appearances severely hurts her. I think she might be in the same situation as Waluigi to be honest. Recognizable, relevant but lacks proper source material. But Sakurai has surprised us before, so we never know.

As for the "Too many Mario characters" I don't think that's an issue. If Mario is a popular series, it deserves more representation. Plain and simple. Smash has never been a tit-for-tat series, it's about appeasing the most amount of fans. Of course you need other series here and there, but the majority of the cast are SUPER popular characters.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Just hope she is indeed in, if not this downright proofs they don't want anything to do with her....
I agree. I'm starting to think she might not even be in. I mean, if she was, she would probably have been confirmed by now. There has to be a specific reason why Nintendo does not like her or does not want to use her.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Thanks for doing this, bud. A lot of us have been wondering how things are looking in Japan at the moment. BTW, I don't suppose you've checked your profile page recently, have you? I asked you if you could help me wiyh something and...no reply. I wasn't sure if you were busy or something, so I didn't want to bug you considering all the translations you've been providing us with on Source Gaming and all. (Thanks again for doing it, BTW!:)) So if you get the time, could you help me out, please? It would be greatly appreciated! BTW, the thing I need help with is also a translation thing.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai hasn't included that many references to non-canon games. Mario Party has no representation at all...and Mario Tennis has Waluigi. Wario might have a move from Mario Strikers. Mario Kart has the best representation out of the Mario spinoffs, and it's probably because it's made by Nintendo themselves and not outsourced. Of course there's trophies here and there but nothing like a stage, or even an item.

I think I saw it mentioned in this thread, but when Sakurai was asked about Daisy in Smash 64 he noted that she hadn't been in any games lately. Of course, that's Smash 64, and since then she's made a comeback through the spinoff games and Sakurai did include a Daisy alt for her fans. I think Daisy is recognizable among general Nintendo fans --which is a plus. However, her lack of canon appearances severely hurts her. I think she might be in the same situation as Waluigi to be honest. Recognizable, relevant but lacks proper source material. But Sakurai has surprised us before, so we never know.

As for the "Too many Mario characters" I don't think that's an issue. If Mario is a popular series, it deserves more representation. Plain and simple. Smash has never been a tit-for-tat series, it's about appeasing the most amount of fans. Of course you need other series here and there, but the majority of the cast are SUPER popular characters.
Correct, absolutely right. Thank you for collecting all possible information.
I like to think that Daisy is at least in the top 15, but of course, you're the expert here, just hope she is at least in a position like that.
Cross your fingers then. :ohwell:
I agree. I'm starting to think she might not even be in. I mean, if she was, she would probably have been confirmed by now. There has to be a specific reason why Nintendo does not like her or does not want to use her.
The main problem with it is Nintendo, nothing more.
I would love that she was in canon games.

Still, we shouldn't lose heart, because the more you vote for Daisy, more support. ;)

#VOTEFORDAISY

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

I believe the lack of representation of the spin-offs is that the main games suit the kind of representation more.
There's no visually outstanding, recurring or iconic places from spin-offs, whereas the 3D games have plenty of HUBs to use.

For items, Mario REVOLVES around his various power-ups, and those do not appear in the spin-offs.
If they do, they're mostly Mario Kart items.

This does not mean the spin-offs are ruled out from getting representation, as there are a few things spin-off only that fit perfectly in Smash, including Daisy,

As for lacking source material, do you mean moveset wise?
Because I believe the spin-offs actually help tremendously with settling on a niche, and being in main games won't automatically mean you're unique.

A very good example of this is Toad.
Toad has appeared in many main games, including playable roles.
Though most of his moveset potential is using the Power-Ups Mario didn't use.

The rest originates from spin-offs, be it his Double Dash special item, the Golden Mushroom, the ability to spawn Mushrooms seen in Mario Sports Mix or even Smash Bros' very own spore shooting.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Friends, I want to share this with you: :smirk:

- Nintendo Facebook page, writes a post:
"In honor of Princess Peach month, everyone play as Cat Peach when you race online in Mario Kart 8 today! 3-2-1-MEOW!"
https://www.facebook.com/Nintendo/p...9240841493711/888982881186166/?type=1&theater

The people answer, want a sequel to "Super Princess Peach".

Also, one of the comments top rated by people is:
"When will Princess Daisy get a month of her own? (Heck, when will Daisy get some more love from Nintendo period?)"

The most interesting thing is that a few days ago when Nintendo published this post, had a comment with more than "150 Likes" and now the comment isn't. Strangely, the comment was deleted ...

The comment: "I wish there was a sequel to "Super Princess Peach" for Wii U and that the protagonists were: Peach and Daisy".

More or less, the person said that. My question is: Who deleted that comment, the same person or Nintendo?

#VOTEFORDAISY

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Wow...thanks for the info. I really hope Princess Daisy is at least shown to be voted for in Japan. BTW, I put two more posts in your profile page recently. Might want to check it out.

"In honor of Princess Peach month, everyone play as Cat Peach when you race online in Mario Kart 8 today! 3-2-1-MEOW!"
https://www.facebook.com/Nintendo/p...9240841493711/888982881186166/?type=1&theater

"When will Princess Daisy get a month of her own? (Heck, when will Daisy get some more love from Nintendo period?)"

The most interesting thing is that a few days ago when Nintendo published this post, had a comment with more than "150 Likes" and now the comment isn't. Strangely, the comment was deleted ...

The comment: "I wish there was a sequel to "Super Princess Peach" for Wii U and that the protagonists were: Peach and Daisy".

More or less, the person said that. My question is: Who deleted that comment, the same person or Nintendo?

#VOTEFORDAISY
All I have to say to this is........ Nintendo.............the ****?!?!?!?!:glare:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Magnetite is still a better joke character than Dumbsparce. Anyone who remembers that one Smash poll where Skull Kid won should know which one I'm talking about.

Last edited:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I think Bowser jr. is going to be #8 on the Mario Maker roster. I thought Daisy would be confirmed by now. Supposedly there 3 slots left for the Mario crew. If Daisy is one of them who are the other two?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I think Bowser jr. is going to be #8 on the Mario Maker roster. I thought Daisy would be confirmed by now. Supposedly there 3 slots left for the Mario crew. If Daisy is one of them who are the other two?
I would put in a guess for Pauline being one of them, since they seem to be going out of their way to include things, going by some of the references shown so far.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I would put in a guess for Pauline being one of them, since they seem to be going out of their way to include things, going by some of the references shown so far.
Daisy and Pauline? That would be great! Theyre the main ones I am hoping for. I think that besides them there could be an rpg character, I'm guessing Toadsworth or Toadette.

Most of the Mario series seem to be present and represented with a character, only Mario land the rpgs and Mario vs DK are missing.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Daisy and Pauline? That would be great! Theyre the main ones I am hoping for. I think that besides them there could be an rpg character, I'm guessing Toadsworth or Toadette.

Most of the Mario series seem to be present and represented with a character, only Mario land the rpgs and Mario vs DK are missing.
Nintendo has been acting funny with this comment on their Facebook post, I am starting to question for the first time in a while.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
It's probably Shigeru Miyamoto himself, he almost rejected Rosalina entirely.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo has been acting funny with this comment on their Facebook post, I am starting to question for the first time in a while.
You're right, this is very strange.
I demand to Nintendo, more love to Daisy (and even other characters too).
Today, I get bored with both customizable Mario, I want more variety of characters.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
The problem is that she's a DK character and there seems to be no slots left for her after Diddy....

HanAmes

Smash Ace

#VOTEFORDAISY
Hmm...I bet something fishy is going on with this whole fiasco. @ StarCrystal20 StarCrystal20 has a legit point...what does Nindy have against Princess Daisy?? From what I could see, they're the ones who keep adding her in spin-offs, and yet, they won't tolerate anything related to one of THEIR characters; a highly requested character, mind you. I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't kill them to at least have Daisy and other characters who didn't have a MP10 render to have one, I'm pretty sure. I mean, who's gonna complain about a Daisy render for MP10...???

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
You're right, this is very strange.
I demand to Nintendo, more love to Daisy (and even other characters too).
Today, I get bored with both customizable Mario, I want more variety of characters.
I want to try ask NOA what's going, but surest thing is their answer being that its up to the development team.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

Is there any reason why they downgraded the alternate costume in Brawl?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
It's probably Shigeru Miyamoto himself, he almost rejected Rosalina entirely.
This comes up in rumour form surprisingly often, to the point that I wonder if it's one of those "There's no smoke without fire" things. It's been said about the retcons and removals of Rare-created material in the DK series, too, for example.

The problem is that she's a DK character and there seems to be no slots left for her after Diddy....
That is a fair point, though I'm unsure of where they consider her to fall given that, most recently, she seems to have been put in the Mario vs. DK titles.

I want to try ask NOA what's going, but surest thing is their answer being that its up to the development team.
If you want to ask, do so, as it will be taken note of, even if they can't give a super-detailed response to you. I've mentioned this in the K. Rool thread before, and it bears repeating: Nintendo takes note of customer feedback on a global basis and they do feed it back to the relevant departments, and this has been the case for decades. This chapter of this memoir goes into a bit of detail on how it came about.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What is genuinely confusing is Waluigi being confirmed? If their bias was consistent, Daisy would have been more favoured as it was atleast created by Nintendo... unlike Waluigi who was Camelot's creation. Not that I have anything against him.

Although Miyamoto's attempts to have an iron grip on the franchise are probably true... I'm not sure of the specifics.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
What is genuinely confusing is Waluigi being confirmed? If their bias was consistent, Daisy would have been more favoured as it was atleast created by Nintendo... unlike Waluigi who was Camelot's creation. Not that I have anything against him.

Although Miyamoto's attempts to have an iron grip on the franchise are probably true... I'm not sure of the specifics.
The WAA was unlocked randomly....

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I hope it's false. And if true, Nintendo is idiotic.
As Nintendo can put a trampoline or seven Marios as costumes, I find it shameful.

Instead of putting them unique characters like Koopa, Toadette and especially Daisy.

As Daisy won't be in the panel, I hate Nintendo, but I will keep voting for Daisy in the survey Smash, until the last moment.

#VOTEFORDAISY
I loved the Bitsize Candy from Mario Party 8. If there is one Mario Party item that would be suitable for Smash, it would most definitely be this.

That being said, I would like her sprite to be a bit more high quality like Peach's, but with the noticeable differences that show us that she is indeed Daisy (hair, earrings, no parasol, etc.).

Top Bottom