• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Nobody knows Nintendo here. :urg: I know there are some who look down on me for still playing Mario (because you're obviously supposed to play FIFA and Call of Duty in your teens. :rolleyes:)

Although there are others who find Mario refreshing compared to the gritty and realistic styles everywhere in PC gaming.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
checks thread

So has Daisy been confirmed for Mario Maker yet?

leaves empty handed....

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Nobody knows Nintendo here. :urg: I know there are some who look down on me for still playing Mario (because you're obviously supposed to play FIFA and Call of Duty in your teens. :rolleyes:)

Although there are others who find Mario refreshing compared to the gritty and realistic styles everywhere in PC gaming.
Funny, I much rather prefer Metal Gear and Mario Strikers than Call Of Duty and FIFA.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
checks thread

So has Daisy been confirmed for Mario Maker yet?

leaves empty handed....
Don't be discouraged, I know its natural to get anxious since the release date is so close, but if the reviewers don't unlock all of the costumes, then we can look forward to seeing it when it releases.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
First K.Rool and now Shantae? Just what makes fans believe than there gonna give priority to a 3rd party indie character over a Nintendo owned character?

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
He talking about Shantae. But at this point, Sakurai will make whatever he thinks works for the game, no matter what the fans really wants at this point...
Yeah, in Reddit there was a poll recently and Shantae got the most votes, seriouly why do fans believe she deserves more of a chance than characters that don't get proper spotlight?

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad
First K.Rool and now Shantae? Just what makes fans believe than there gonna give priority to a 3rd party indie character over a Nintendo owned character?
They didn't really create guidelines for us except "video game characters only" so it's just best to assume an "anything goes but not really" stance on this.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yeah, in Reddit there was a poll recently and Shantae got the most votes, seriouly why do fans believe she deserves more of a chance than characters that don't get proper spotlight?
Let's just say she does has as much "deserving" as a choice as any other character really does in Smash Bros. Especially since she has been a part of Nintendo's history since the Gameboy days.

Plus, fans should vote for who they want and NO ONE should judge them for doing so otherwise.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Let's just say she does has as much "deserving" as a choice as any other character really does in Smash Bros. Especially since she has been a part of Nintendo's history since the Gameboy days.

Plus, fans should vote for who they want and NO ONE should judge them for doing so otherwise.
So is Daisy and yet you see how people treat her, I know NO ONE should judge anyone for their choice, what ticks me off is that some say she is the only logical choice(I know the fanboys of our fan base act the same, so I guess we now know how they feel.).

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
So is Daisy and yet you see how people treat her, I know NO ONE should judge anyone for their choice, what ticks me off is that some say she is the only logical choice(I know the fanboys of our fan base act the same, so I guess we now know how they feel.).
So did King K Rool fans. And Ridley fans. And Krystal fans. And every fandom on this site. Everyone will think someone they care about is "more logical" than other characters, and yes, everyone will bash other characters they don't care about. It's always going to be that way, and always will. But it doesn't matter. Just like the characters you want, and don't try to bash others for liking said characters they want. Cuz in the end, it's just a damn video game. That one man has the final say who he wants in the game, no matter what the fans really say, he will do what works best in his game and only do want he can make work in it. No matter what the fans say, NO ONE is guaranteed.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Especially since she has been a part of Nintendo's history since the Gameboy days.
I don't disagree with your point, but it's worth noting that Shantae showed up at the very end of the Game Boy Colour days, in 2002, right as the system had already faded and been replaced with the Game Boy Advance. It's why she wasn't very well-known for a very long period of time - a lot of people missed the boat on her first title, and it also didn't see a worldwide release at all. ;)

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
So did King K Rool fans. And Ridley fans. And Krystal fans. And every fandom on this site. Everyone will think someone they care about is "more logical" than other characters, and yes, everyone will bash other characters they don't care about. It's always going to be that way, and always will. But it doesn't matter. Just like the characters you want, and don't try to bash others for liking said characters they want. Cuz in the end, it's just a damn video game. That one man has the final say who he wants in the game, no matter what the fans really say, he will do what works best in his game and only do want he can make work in it. No matter what the fans say, NO ONE is guaranteed.
Yup, I don't bash on other people for not liking Daisy, in the end to each their own, and that's what makes us all unique, that we are all different, it would be very boring if we where all the same, shame some people can't get that through their thick skull.

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Yup, I don't bash on other people for not liking Daisy, in the end to each their own, and that's what makes us all unique, that we are all different, it would be very boring if we where all the same, shame some people can't get that through their thick skull.
I really don't mind if fans civilly say that they dislike Daisy for whatever reason, it's their opinion. But when they resort to disrespecting her, or making a mockery of her, that's what sets me off.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I don't disagree with your point, but it's worth noting that Shantae showed up at the very end of the Game Boy Colour days, in 2002, right as the system had already faded and been replaced with the Game Boy Advance. It's why she wasn't very well-known for a very long period of time - a lot of people missed the boat on her first title, and it also didn't see a worldwide release at all. ;)
Yeah. I already know about that, but that doesn't really matter with 3 new games making her relevant again. That still doesn't mean she hasn't been a part of Nintendo's history, as she basically always been only on Nintendo related consoles, only to "break" that with the newest coming game being multi plat because of independent company funding. But point is, if people want to support a character they like, no one should be that person telling them "your character has no chance" when not only does that happen to your love character, who is anyone to tell what "can happen" and" can't happen" when one man is in control of what characters he wants for his game?

Everyone should be entitled to like what they like, and no one should judge otherwise. Better not be that person that judges than be that person just because it's happening to yourself. No one deserves that treatment over a damn video game.

Last edited:

badfart47

Smash Rookie
Nice thread ya got here, even though I'm not a huge fan of Daisy... more of a Waluigi type of person myself. Still, i can acknowledge the hard work that went into this. Well done.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Nice thread ya got here, even though I'm not a huge fan of Daisy... more of a Waluigi type of person myself. Still, i can acknowledge the hard work that went into this. Well done.
Thanks! Did you look at the OP yet? It was the work of me and @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan

Also I got this PM'ed to me

I saw your posts, and especially azure, who is the greatest fake daisy fan i've met yet.

she honestly seems to be jealous that i am daisy's #1 fan and thus blames any misfortunes on me as a scapegoat.

i even saw her mention she tried to make a deviant art to get attention.

azure honestly just hates on me since i have the attention she can't get.

it's not appreciated that you're friends with that fake daisy fan.

Last edited:

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
Thanks! Did you look at the OP yet? It was the work of me and @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan

I saw your posts, and especially azure, who is the greatest fake daisy fan i've met yet.

she honestly seems to be jealous that i am daisy's #1 fan and thus blames any misfortunes on me as a scapegoat.

So I'm kind of laughing at this right now? Who sent this private message because... wow. S/he really thinks that liking Daisy is a competition, and that s/he has to be the #1 BIGGEST fan? Like wow it seriously doesn't matter. Everyone likes Daisy around here, why are you trying to turn on fellow supporters for the sake of proving that you like her the most. (which you can't, because it's all just opinions and you can't really measure that...) Also, what kind of person basically tells you not to be friends with someone in general, but especially over a reason as trivial as this.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Micheallol is the seriously the stupidest guy on the planet if he is in denial of the things he do. This guy doesn't know me, yet he calls me a fake Daisy fan out of sheer ignorance and stupidity. The fact that you are seriously accepting this guy's message makes me wonder if you even sympathize with the likes of him.

Me, jealous of the attention Daisy can't get? That's rich and that holier than thou attitude of his' is going to get him nowhere in life. He's got to be the fakest Daisy fan in the world if he is one thinking he's the biggest fan that no one else should be. Get the **** out of here. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Micheallol is the seriously the stupidest guy on the planet if he is in denial of the things he do. This guy doesn't know me, yet he calls me a fake Daisy fan out of sheer ignorance and stupidity. The fact that you are seriously accepting this guy's message makes me wonder if you even sympathize with the likes of him.

Me, jealous of the attention Daisy can't get? That's rich and that holier than thou attitude of his' is going to get him nowhere in life. He's got to be the fakest Daisy fan in the world if he is one thinking he's the biggest fan that no one else should be. Get the **** out of here. :rolleyes:
LOL the only attention Michaellol gets is negative attention.
What? He is here?! No, no, no, no get the heck out of here!!!!
I don't know him very well, but I know he is a missing person, ie, he has plenty of time and this time he squandered quite well. Just a pity.
If he is here, then we must moderate their comments, if we feel offended by those comments.

It is pathetic to talk about a "character", therefore, it is best to change the subject.

#VOTEFORDAISY

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace

Being a Daisy fan isn't a competition, it's just a subjective opinion-based thing. What Micheallol is, is a cancer to our community, and Gamefaqs must've done a number on him, since he has no self esteem. I'd consider him more of a 'fake' Daisy fan before anyone else on this board because, we have true passion of our Sassy Princess. So it's just best to ignore him and his unhealthy rhetoric. Let's just live and let live.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Hmm, I keep seeing movesets based on her sports games appearances. Is there a moveset based on her Super Mario Land appearance...? Sure, she was the damsel in distress but after playing Super Mario Land some time ago I got the funny idea of her getting moves based on the enemies from that game. Maybe even using them as weapons or assisting her.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Hmm, I keep seeing movesets based on her sports games appearances. Is there a moveset based on her Super Mario Land appearance...? Sure, she was the damsel in distress but after playing Super Mario Land some time ago I got the funny idea of her getting moves based on the enemies from that game. Maybe even using them as weapons or assisting her.
Daisy transforming into a Fighter Fly and summoning BOB OMB Koopas would be an awesome tribute.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Daisy transforming into a Fighter Fly and summoning BOB OMB Koopas would be an awesome tribute.
Don't forget to bring in the Jiangshi somehow, as well! :grin: (This is one of the reasons I like Super Mario Land - it's got a whole lot more Eastern cultural references in it than most other titles in the series, and I find that really interesting.)

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I know and I feel bad, I've always wanted to try it but somehow end up buying other games on the eshop. I'll give it a try though maybe before Mario Maker gets here.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Super Mario Land offers many types of enemies whose attack patterns could be used for attacks or even support Daisy herself. Speaking of the Eastern references, I think I'll try to recreate Chai Kingdom 1 (World 4-1) on Super Mario Maker.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Super Mario Land offers many types of enemies whose attack patterns could be used for attacks or even support Daisy herself. Speaking of the Eastern references, I think I'll try to recreate Chai Kingdom 1 (World 4-1) on Super Mario Maker.
You are right.

In addition, I inform you that the game: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash has release date: 20/11/2015, in Europe, and it has shown little information.
We need a Nintendo Direct now!

Last edited:

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
@SuperSegaSonicSS, the bashing other people's most wanted characters thing is one of my least favorite things about character speculation. I understand that people have opinions, sometimes strong ones when it comes to stuff like that (I do too, haha) and that to some extent characters are competing with each other on the fighter ballot, so I'm okay with people respectfully talking about why they think a character is or isn't likely to be DLC. What bugs me a bit is when people complain about somebody voting for that person's character of choice or make fun of somebody for not liking their preferred characters and instead supporting a character who they don't see as likely (Daisy for a lot of people around here it seems).

I think one thing that disparaging comments don't take into account is that a lot of people support more than one character and that there may be a good number of people in any single character support thread who like both that character and the one being criticized (e.g., Daisy fans who also post in the K. Rool thread). In that sense, those comments can be divisive and make a character support thread seem less welcoming, potentially making people less likely to want to be involved in it.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
You are right.

In addition, I inform you that the game: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash has release date: 20/11/2015, in Europe, and it has shown little information.
We need a Nintendo Direct now!
I'm quite worried for Mario Tennis now. The E3 demo was clearly unfinished as it had bad AI....

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
@SuperSegaSonicSS, the bashing other people's most wanted characters thing is one of my least favorite things about character speculation. I understand that people have opinions, sometimes strong ones when it comes to stuff like that (I do too, haha) and that to some extent characters are competing with each other on the fighter ballot, so I'm okay with people respectfully talking about why they think a character is or isn't likely to be DLC. What bugs me a bit is when people complain about somebody voting for that person's character of choice or make fun of somebody for not liking their preferred characters and instead supporting a character who they don't see as likely (Daisy for a lot of people around here it seems).

I think one thing that disparaging comments don't take into account is that a lot of people support more than one character and that there may be a good number of people in any single character support thread who like both that character and the one being criticized (e.g., Daisy fans who also post in the K. Rool thread). In that sense, those comments can be divisive and make a character support thread seem less welcoming, potentially making people less likely to want to be involved in it.
The Rate Their Chances thread in a nutshell.

Top Bottom