• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
F*ckin Scrooge McDuck has more merit than this f*cking nobody.
Flash-In-The-Pan Indies should never get priority over Nintendo All-Stars just because they fight with a gardening tool instead of a sword (THOUGH THE ACT THE SAME BLOODY WAY)
At this point I feel like DLC is there to bring third-party franchises as guest characters, while the Nintendo newcomers are being saved for Smash 5....

I hope I won't have to stick with the Peach recolour for too long....

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Whoa, this is only a rumour!
I just really want Scrooge Mc Friggin' Duck.
But you're right, it's only a rumour.

Speculation is just too dear to me to let it be thrown in the Great Pit of Everything Can Happen Every Day Ever.

Though with Shovel Knight potentionally breaking every rule ever should give us Scrooge Mc Friggin Duck very fast.

I WANT SHANTAE AND NO SHOVEL KNIGHT!!!!! :-(((
Both are wrong, please support the great Legend that is Scrooge Mc Friggin Duck.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I WANT SHANTAE AND NO SHOVEL KNIGHT!!!!! :-(((
The panicking is real with this post.

It's just a rumour with somewhat reliable sources and evidence to back it up and there are very limited slots and not much room for Wolf and Shantae or Daisy or anyone else at this point...............

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
*Insert "why not both" meme here*

D

Deleted member

To clarify (since I see a lot of people bashing this to no end) Travis was only done to support the fan game "Mother 4" for said fans of the Mother series, fittingly posted on Mother's Day. Basically, he was just "for fun". He really shouldn't be getting any flack for his Smashification.
My point was, they are biased. But that's ok, lots of people are biased.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
As @ memoryman3 memoryman3 says, it's just a rumor. If it happens, it happens, it's Nintendo's choice, but if it doesn't happen, then it's nothing to concern yourself with then.
Right, but if the rumor becomes true, then Shantae is directly discarded. Because Nintendo won't put 2 characters of indie games.
I, to be honest, I like Shantae. But I think has no chance as popularity in Japan is negligible.

Although in reality, I care only: Daisy, Chrom, Bayonetta and Azura.

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
Ah yes, the Nintendo tradition of revealing new stuff for smash without sakurai mentioning anything the day before the supposed reveal.

...Seriously? You think they'll ever do a reveal without Sakurai hinting at it first?

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Ah yes, the Nintendo tradition of revealing new stuff for smash without sakurai mentioning anything the day before the supposed reveal.

...Seriously? You think they'll ever do a reveal without Sakurai hinting at it first?
Lucas.

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
Lucas was part of a direct announced ahead of time. I'm talking nintendo bursting into the Nindies and announcing new smash stuff without sakurai even retweeting stuff about the Nindies.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Lucas was part of a direct announced ahead of time. I'm talking nintendo bursting into the Nindies and announcing new smash stuff without sakurai even retweeting stuff about the Nindies.
Sakurai probably will retweet it as it happens. Ryu was meant to be a big surprise too, but look how that turned out....

Since you are looking at this thread, are you interested in Daisy becoming a fighter?

Last edited:

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
It all depends on Sakurai, by the way, here we can see that costumes seen in Mario Maker.
http://www.mariowiki.com/Costume_Mario

I'm sick of waiting! I want to see Daisy!

By the way, I see this thread with few daily comments. It may be the absence of Nintendo Direct or news related to Daisy.
A pity.

I hope at least we all be voting for Daisy.
#VOTEFORDAISY

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
It all depends on Sakurai, by the way, here we can see that costumes seen in Mario Maker.
http://www.mariowiki.com/Costume_Mario

I'm sick of waiting! I want to see Daisy!

By the way, I see this thread with few daily comments. It may be the absence of Nintendo Direct or news related to Daisy.
A pity.

I hope at least we all be voting for Daisy.
#VOTEFORDAISY
All the action is happening on the K.Rool thread at the moment.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm really afraid to ask but...how bad is it?...Ridley bad?

And I don't mean that as a pun, I'm serious. Things have just be crazy today...
Most of the thread is okay, but the few bad apples are downright terrible. Some posts taken out of context would read like a racist/hate speech.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ladies and gentlemen, THIS is why the subject of indie characters should never be bought up near your average Nintendo fan. Since there is bound to be controversy over the character's iconography or deserving factor for Smash.

By the way, to open a debate:
- Which characters will be in Mario Tennis?

Princess Daisy will be, but there will be new characters?
Pink Gold Peach since she or Metal Mario are guaranteed to be added as extras at this point. We did have DK Jr. and Baby Mario in the first game, so anything can happen in Mario Tennis.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Soooo, did I miss anything while I was gone? Any new important character costumes for Mario Maker that I should know about?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Soooo, did I miss anything while I was gone? Any new important character costumes for Mario Maker that I should know about?
Nothing yet, those reviewers are probably having a hard time finding some new outfits. Then there's this whole debate regarding that Shovel Knight rumor (something that is better off not talked about) and some speculation about the next Smashified.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Nothing yet, those reviewers are probably having a hard time finding some new outfits. Then there's this whole debate regarding that Shovel Knight rumor (something that is better off not talked about) and some speculation about the next Smashified.
Well, I hope all goes well for the next Smashified, since we've been waiting for Daisy for quite some time. What boggles me is, why they think that Daisy would be difficult to Smashify...??:ohwell: If they can handle Isaac, who imo, has more of the deets to his attire, then surely they can tackle Daisy without trouble...unless not to say that they have something special in store in regards to Daisy's dress / sport gear / striker gear / etc.

And Shovel Knight...??? I've heard of him, but I don't know much about him, to be honest. He's an indie character, isn't he? So, what makes him so special that he gets priority over actual Nintendo characters?:confused:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
And Shovel Knight...??? I've heard of him, but I don't know much about him, to be honest. He's an indie character, isn't he? So, what makes him so special that he gets priority over actual Nintendo characters?:confused:
Thats the problem. There's absolutely nothing that makes him that special. His game is good and everything, but the wow factor isn't that great honestly. He is not iconic in the slightest and indie characters really haven't earned the "all-star" term that the other 3rd Party characters have gotten over the YEARS they've been around unlike Shovel Knight who has raging popularity from how well his one game did through a kickstarter campaign.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Thats the problem. There's absolutely nothing that makes him that special. His game is good and everything, but the wow factor isn't that great honestly. He is not iconic in the slightest and indie characters really haven't earned the "all-star" term that the other 3rd Party characters have gotten over the YEARS they've been around unlike Shovel Knight who has raging popularity from how well his one game did through a kickstarter campaign.
Wow...just, wow...is he even a Nintendo character? But anyway, I agree that he's better off not talked about, so back to the subject about Daisy.

I've encountered an argument from an anti-Daisy fan about our beloved princess that had THIS to say:

"Daisy's fans are fighting a losing battle."
"Daisy has no personality. What ever personality traits she has are made up by her fans."
"Daisy's fans are just setting themselves up for disappointment."

Anyone know the best way to counter these arguments? I asked because I'm in need of some ammunition against these claims.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Wow...just, wow...is he even a Nintendo character? But anyway, I agree that he's better off not talked about, so back to the subject about Daisy.

I've encountered an argument from an anti-Daisy fan about our beloved princess that had THIS to say:

- Literally this argument is used for every character anyone supports. Detractors will be detractors, as they say
"Daisy has no personality. What ever personality traits she has are made up by her fans."
- Daisy is filled with personality and you are ignorant as ever. Ever since Daisy's change from a Peach recolor to a full-fledged princess, Daisy has shown plenty bits of her sassiness. Do the lines from Mario Power Tennis "Whatever!" and "I'm so sure" sound like we're just 'making it up'? Hell even in Mario Party 3 Daisy showed her She-Hulk strength and spunk when knocking Bowser into orbit. This is literally the saddest excuse of a detractor comment I've ever seen. If anything, Peach was the one with the bland personality, being your average damsel girly girl, making cakes, protected by useless servants and having her emotions fight for her. STFU whoever said this
- Not really, we're merely supporting the character that we want in. We know that she has a strong possibility of not making it in, but that's what we're trying to do. You do your character, I'll do mine.

Anyone know the best way to counter these arguments? I asked because I'm in need of some ammunition against these claims.
No he is not. He merely started off as a digital game on the Wii U first, them multi-platformed from then on through his popularity. Not even out for Japan yet. Also, I put my replies in orange in your quote

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Well, I hope all goes well for the next Smashified, since we've been waiting for Daisy for quite some time. What boggles me is, why they think that Daisy would be difficult to Smashify...??:ohwell: If they can handle Isaac, who imo, has more of the deets to his attire, then surely they can tackle Daisy without trouble...unless not to say that they have something special in store in regards to Daisy's dress / sport gear / striker gear / etc.

No, this is taken way out of context.
Somebody requested Daisy for Smashified Live, a livestream dedicated to drawing a simpler character.

Smashified replied and said Smashified Live was dedicated to simpler characters and that Daisy would be too hard, for Smashified Live.

1. Yup, just like I did with Ridley and am probably doing with King K. Rool.
Was extremely fun

2. http://www.mariowiki.com/List_of_Princess_Daisy_profiles_and_statistics
http://www.mariowiki.com/List_of_Princess_Daisy_quotes

And probably some footage of Daisy show she's energy itself.

3. Same as 1

Top Bottom