• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I think one thing that disparaging comments don't take into account is that a lot of people support more than one character and that there may be a good number of people in any single character support thread who like both that character and the one being criticized (e.g., Daisy fans who also post in the K. Rool thread). In that sense, those comments can be divisive and make a character support thread seem less welcoming, potentially making people less likely to want to be involved in it.
I said something similar to this in part of a recent post in the Bandana Waddle Dee thread, funnily enough;

Guys, please bear in mind that an awful lot of people support multiple characters*, and talking about other fanbases in what can be construed as a dismissive fashion (both in the use of certain terminology, and even on occasions where it isn't intended to sound that way) doesn't endear anybody to anybody else. That doesn't just apply in this thread, of course - it's just something worth bearing in mind always.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
@SuperSegaSonicSS, the bashing other people's most wanted characters thing is one of my least favorite things about character speculation. I understand that people have opinions, sometimes strong ones when it comes to stuff like that (I do too, haha) and that to some extent characters are competing with each other on the fighter ballot, so I'm okay with people respectfully talking about why they think a character is or isn't likely to be DLC. What bugs me a bit is when people complain about somebody voting for that person's character of choice or make fun of somebody for not liking their preferred characters and instead supporting a character who they don't see as likely (Daisy for a lot of people around here it seems).

I think one thing that disparaging comments don't take into account is that a lot of people support more than one character and that there may be a good number of people in any single character support thread who like both that character and the one being criticized (e.g., Daisy fans who also post in the K. Rool thread). In that sense, those comments can be divisive and make a character support thread seem less welcoming, potentially making people less likely to want to be involved in it.
This. Exaclty my thoughts. It's why I ended up not being fully involved in Smash speculation anymore before the game came out last year, and why I prefer never to bash anyone's wanted character cuz really, this is a game where anyone's childhood character could fight amongst other characters, who are we to bring down anyone else's hopes and dreams. Plus, it's a video game for fans. No one should judge what a person wants when this game to welcome any addition for fans to play with.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Accidental double post.

Nah, I doubt the mods would even care about this.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So Dixie for the next Smashified, hm? She was a popular request, so it makes sense.

Daisy does have a noticeable amount of Smashified support, so it's only a matter of time, I think.

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad
Dixie smashified? I thought we all knew how she would look and pose according to the newest game with her in it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Dixie smashified? I thought we all knew how she would look and pose according to the newest game with her in it.
Some people also speculate that it could be Kumatora since they've done a Mother series character before (though Travis is merely a fan creation). But she's not really considered a main protagonist and originate from a dead series. At this point, it's best to wait for more hints in the future.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Some people also speculate that it could be Kumatora since they've done a Mother series character before (though Travis is merely a fan creation). But she's not really considered a main protagonist and originate from a dead series. At 6his point, it's best to wait for more hints in the future.
Well Lucas made it in TWICE and his game is yet to be seen here in the West.

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone here hoping that they don't make Daisy a Technique character in Ultra Smash? I personally hope they put her in a different skill class, like Speed or Tricky.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well Lucas made it in TWICE and his game is yet to be seen here in the West.
But that still doesn't mean the series never had a new game since the Game Boy Advance. The point of the question talks about a protagonist that isn't dead, which could imply that the character is from an ongoing series or living.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Is anyone here hoping that they don't make Daisy a Technique character in Ultra Smash? I personally hope they put her in a different skill class, like Speed or Tricky.
Well Mario Power Tennis had hidden stats.

Daisy had a lower technique stat but a higher speed and power stat than Peach.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Now or never. Create account Twitter or ask for help from friends (even Facebook).
Last chance for Daisy to have Smashified, you vote for Daisy.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
#VOTEFORDAISY

D

Deleted member

Now or never. Create account Twitter or ask for help from friends (even Facebook).
Last chance for Daisy to have Smashified, you vote for Daisy.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
#VOTEFORDAISY
Most wanted characters only? Is that how Travis got smashified?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Most wanted characters only? Is that how Travis got smashified?
To clarify (since I see a lot of people bashing this to no end) Travis was only done to support the fan game "Mother 4" for said fans of the Mother series, fittingly posted on Mother's Day. Basically, he was just "for fun". He really shouldn't be getting any flack for his Smashification.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Thanks to this video I found out that Superballs are actually Fireballs that bounce around the screen

How would this theoretically work in Smash?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
That sounds like a technically advanced move which is similar to Peach's turnips....but less useful in Omega stages.
I actually kind of like the sound of that - it means you'd have to master it and use it cleverly for it to be effective on Omega stages (something I've already gone through with Dedede's Gordos :laugh:).

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Unseen 64, you mean the same guys who lied about Nintendo not wanting to publish Devil's Third in the West? I don't know, but I wouldn't trust a single thing they say after that recent screwup. Sure most of their videos were accurate and had tons of research in them, but that one video was literally the worst thing they ever made due to the information being pulled out their empty behinds.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Unseen 64, you mean the same guys who lied about Nintendo not wanting to publish Devil's Third in the West? I don't know, but I wouldn't trust a single thing they say after that recent screwup. Sure most of their videos were accurate and had tons of research in them, but that one video was literally the worst thing they ever made due to the information being pulled out their empty behinds.
That was actually true in a way.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
By the way, to open a debate:
- Which characters will be in Mario Tennis?

Princess Daisy will be, but there will be new characters?

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
By the way, to open a debate:
- Which characters will be in Mario Tennis?

Princess Daisy will be, but there will be new characters?
If Birdo doesn't make an appearance in some way I'll be pretty upset. She was only a costume in the 3ds tennis but that's at least better than anything else she's gotten lately.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If Birdo doesn't make an appearance in some way I'll be pretty upset. She was only a costume in the 3ds tennis but that's at least better than anything else she's gotten lately.
A costume for whom?

I remember that they put in Luma instead of Rosalina in the 3DS tennis game because it was quicker. I don't think Rosalina has a sports outfit yet has she?

MaJoR MuCuS

Smash Apprentice
Birdo is called Catherine in Japan and their is Catherine billboards all around the court, so the possibilities she/he is in.

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
A costume for whom?

I remember that they put in Luma instead of Rosalina in the 3DS tennis game because it was quicker. I don't think Rosalina has a sports outfit yet has she?
A costume for Birdo. I thought Luma was kind of cute, I liked the fact that he was included but I would like to see Rosalina's sports outfit.

Birdo is called Catherine in Japan and their is Catherine billboards all around the court, so the possibilities she/he is in.
That would be really great, I'd definitely get it then. Though I love the Tennis games so chance are I'll get it anyway. Although, Mario Kart 8 had Birdo on some of the banners but she wasn't playable.
I'm excited to see who they put on the roster this time, I hope it's generous in size.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
On one hand, I have Shovel Knight and I think he would be a great character to add for Smash Bros. Especially with his meteor shovel. He was BUILT FOR THIS.

On the other hand, an indie character from 2014 strolling in before several Nintendo characters (including Daisy) who have been waiting for YEARS to get their opportunity rubs me the wrong way.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
F*#%^in Scrooge McDuck has more merit than this f*#^%ng nobody.
Flash-In-The-Pan Indies should never get priority over Nintendo All-Stars just because they fight with a gardening tool instead of a sword (THOUGH THE ACT THE SAME BLOODY WAY)

Last edited:
Top Bottom