• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I loved the Bitsize Candy from Mario Party 8. If there is one Mario Party item that would be suitable for Smash, it would most definitely be this.

That being said, I would like her sprite to be a bit more high quality like Peach's, but with the noticeable differences that show us that she is indeed Daisy (hair, earrings, no parasol, etc.).
Well they DID give Daisy a parasol already...

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I loved the Bitsize Candy from Mario Party 8. If there is one Mario Party item that would be suitable for Smash, it would most definitely be this.

That being said, I would like her sprite to be a bit more high quality like Peach's, but with the noticeable differences that show us that she is indeed Daisy (hair, earrings, no parasol, etc.).
Either a leak or 9/11 is our answer and only hope.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well they DID give Daisy a parasol already...

Yes, we all know she has her very own parasol. Though it would be extremely lazy if they copied the exact same gimmick for Daisy in Super Mario Maker. Though a recolor instead of sprite with its own functionality will be better than nothing.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Yes, we all know she has her very own parasol. Though it would be extremely lazy if they copied the exact same gimmick for Daisy in Super Mario Maker. Though a recolor instead of sprite with its own functionality will be better than nothing.
A recolour....would be even more demeaning to Daisy's character.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
A recolour....would be even more demeaning to Daisy's character.
Exactly, I don't see them recoloring a character unless they are special Amiibo (Gold/Silver Mario). I can trust that whatever they have planned for her will do the character some justice and stick back to her older roots in Super Mario Land (using the sounds effects is a must). Give her short hair, make the earrings have some flower detail, give the dress its usual colors, and avoid using the parasol for the jumping animation. I don't really se how they can screw it up unless they go for a lazy recolor.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Exactly, I don't see them recoloring a character unless they are special Amiibo (Gold/Silver Mario). I can trust that whatever they have planned for her will do the character some justice and stick back to her older roots in Super Mario Land (using the sounds effects is a must). Give her short hair, make the earrings have some flower detail, give the dress its usual colors, and avoid using the parasol for the jumping animation. I don't really se how they can screw it up unless they go for a lazy recolor.
Luigi is a recolor of Mario in the game......

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Luigi is a recolor of Mario in the game......
Makes sense since has established as a recolor in the older days. Even if you looked at his original 8-Bit sprite, the resemblance to Mario is very uncanny. If you think about the idea of making him taller or just elongating his face, it would ruin the nostalgic value of him since this is an anniversary game.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Makes sense since has established as a recolor in the older days. Even if you looked at his original 8-Bit sprite, the resemblance to Mario is very uncanny. If you think about the idea of making him taller or just elongating his face, it would ruin the nostalgic value of him since this is an anniversary game.

But they kind of changed his colour scheme...

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I think we all need to just relax a bit, Daisy is almost guaranteed to be in Mario Maker. However, if we get DK Jr. and no Daisy...then we have a problem.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I think we all need to just relax a bit, Daisy is almost guaranteed to be in Mario Maker. However, if we get DK Jr. and no Daisy...then we have a problem.
Yeah, let's relax and just wait and see what happens, let's change subject, I was checking Tumblr and came upon a dream roster that included all veterans and most wanted newcomers in the ballot and guess what? Daisy was there! This is good acknowledgement that she is indeed one of the most requested characters there.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I just had a tour around a few sites and things are looking grim for a few characters, not Daisy(at least negligible amount) at the very least.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Which characters? Now with that possible Layton leak, no one can predict Sakurai now.
There has also been a Shovel Knight leak. I hope that both are a joke.
I want to see Daisy in Smash, but she seems difficult to see in Mario Maker. We will have to wait ...

#VOTEFORDAISY

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
There has also been a Shovel Knight leak. I hope that both are a joke.
I want to see Daisy in Smash, but she seems difficult to see in Mario Maker. We will have to wait ...

#VOTEFORDAISY
Yes but this one seems legit, the voice actor made his account private after the tweet.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Yes but this one seems legit, the voice actor made his account private after the tweet.
There have been a lot of 'leaks' that seem to be "legit" and they turned out to be fake, let's just wait and see, I was sleuthing around and people aren't giving it much credibility, so let's just see what happens.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Shall we dub this "The Unofficial Daisy costume" then? (Seriously Nintendo?).
If that is rare, rarer is the way in which they announced the Daisy costume for Bayonetta.

Thanks to Platinum Games, Daisy received mention. But if is by Nintendo, I think that costume hadn't existed.
Moreover, in the video presentation of costumes, the Daisy costume shown little.

I don't want to be rude to Nintendo, but that's what I think.
Someone has to ask why Nintendo deal that way to Daisy.
Just do, not ask if Daisy is in Mario Maker.

#VOTEFORDAISY

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
If that is rare, rarer is the way in which they announced the Daisy costume for Bayonetta.

Thanks to Platinum Games, Daisy received mention. But if is by Nintendo, I think that costume hadn't existed.
Moreover, in the video presentation of costumes, the Daisy costume shown little.

I don't want to be rude to Nintendo, but that's what I think.
Someone has to ask why Nintendo deal that way to Daisy.
Just do, not ask if Daisy is in Mario Maker.

#VOTEFORDAISY
A Luigi hanger? Really?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Yes. Kamiya ships those two so hard (Plus he likes waifus).

Yes. It would be one way to let people know that Daisy and Luigi goes together like bread and butter.
I think that's pretty obvious, but don't you think they went a little overboard there? I know, personal opinion matter but still.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I think that's pretty obvious, but don't you think they went a little overboard there? I know, personal opinion matter but still.
I know, it's a bit overdone. But we are talking about the same game where both angels and demons are the bad guys and the main protagonist is a seductive witch that mutilates her victims in a variety of kinky ways. That's what I love about Kamiya, his games are simply over the top while crossing the line in many ways.

Last edited:

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
I know, it's a bit overdone. But we are talking about the same game where both angels and demons are the bad guys and the main protagonist is a seductive witch that mutilates her victims in a variety of kinky ways. That's what I love about Kamiya, his games are simply over the top while crossing the line in many ways.
The truth is that I haven't played Bayonetta (I don't have Wii U), but still I like Bayonetta character. Her movements and powers are very good.
Even so, Bayonetta may wait for Smash Bros, because Princess Daisy must enter before. ;)

#VOTEFORDAISY

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Found this from somewhere....

This just in: a new epidemic is sweeping the globe. People have reported unusual symptoms: overzealous support of a one-dimensional yellow cartoon princess originating from the popular "Super Mario" series of games, and an insatiable desire to have her included as a playable character in Nintendo's "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS".

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Found this from somewhere....

This just in: a new epidemic is sweeping the globe. People have reported unusual symptoms: overzealous support of a one-dimensional yellow cartoon princess originating from the popular "Super Mario" series of games, and an insatiable desire to have her included as a playable character in Nintendo's "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS".
LOL Gamefaqs. When will those chumps ever learn. :troll:

HanAmes

Smash Ace
From the look of it never, they still think Daisy is a waste of votes and are butthurt to see so many people rallying for her.
Exquisite. Music to my ears.:awesome:

Edit: I also remember one of them saying that they're losing faith in humanity, just from seeing all of those votes for Daisy. I'd respond to that, "I never had faith in humanity to begin with."

Last edited:

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
Are there really people out there that are THAT affected by what video game character lots of other people like?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Are there really people out there that are THAT affected by what video game character lots of other people like?
Welcome to the gaming community where people would literally hate you for having a different opinion than them. Plus, Call of Duty is manlier than kiddy Nintendo **** that fat, smelly manchildren enjoy.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Welcome to the gaming community where people would literally hate you for having a different opinion than them. Plus, Call of Duty is manlier than kiddy Nintendo **** that fat, smelly manchildren enjoy.
I can relate, here in Mexico most of the gaming community is all: "COD!, God Of War!, GTA!, are the ****! Nintendo is for kids!".

HanAmes

Smash Ace
I can relate, here in Mexico most of the gaming community is all: "COD!, God Of War!, GTA!, are the ****! Nintendo is for kids!".
You see, that's where they're wrong. Nintendo is good for all ages. Even Nintendo games are played on a competitive level. An excellent example is Smash, but of course, everyone on this site knows that already. Too bad members of the gaming community where you live doesn't. They're missin' out.:smirk:

Last edited:
Top Bottom