• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
You guys wanna hear something stupid? Some guy on Fantendo claims that I "ruined" my smash roster by adding characters such as Daisy, Toad, and Doc Louis..... Seriously just how many people gotta hate on Daisy?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You guys wanna hear something stupid? Some guy on Fantendo claims that I "ruined" my smash roster by adding characters such as Daisy, Toad, and Doc Louis..... Seriously just how many people gotta hate on Daisy?
Because they think their lord and savior Waluigi is any less different on the annoyance factor when both characters are technically on the same boat. It's just that Camelot does more with him since he's a Creator's Pet that they give all the unique abilities and screen time in the games.

Toad is simply a bad choice, yet is is the "mascot" of the Mushroom Kingdom that's been playable in many games since Super Mario Bros. 2. Doc Louis himself isn't that bad when he was the one who trained Little Mac and I can honestly see any other boxer being more random than him. And I am better off not debunking the whole "Daisy is a waste of slot" argument at all since there are many ways to easily debunk that. :rolleyes:

And I can guarantee you that there are worse rosters in that community. One in particular has freaking Wrecking Mario as a separate character along with the Squid Sisters (more Splatoon bias). Then there's the fact that a random Pokemon like Lopunny is in the starting roster.

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
I actually liked the concept of wrecking Mario, mainly because there's a Foreman Spike alt. Also, I picked Toad because I enjoyed playing as him 3D world.

Edit: I inc saw a concept for a playable Doc Louis, and the Final Smash was called Doc's Offering, where he would offer the opponents a chocolate bar and then get pissed off and preform a powerful punch that had high knockback power! Also, the fact that the character's faces would look scared during the attack sounded hilarious! Plus, Smash needs more diversity anyways. Doc Louos is a good first step.

Last edited:

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
Eh who cares what a bunch of haters say, they'll have little to no impact on the ballot in the end. Besides you can't really "ruin" an opinion.

Here's a list of the Mario Maker costumes we know so far, for anyone who's curious. Still no Daisy.

Honestly I'm not expecting it but hopefully I'm proved wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
And I am better off not debunking the whole "Daisy is a waste of slot" argument at all since there are many ways to easily debunk that. :rolleyes:
Let's be honest, any "XYZ Character would be a waste of a slot!" argument is ultimately codespeak for "I don't like that character, personally, so I don't want to see them.".

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Here's a list of the Mario Maker costumes we know so far, for anyone who's curious. Still no Daisy.

Honestly I'm not expecting it but hopefully I'm proved wrong.
It angers me how so many costumes have been revealed yet and still no Daisy. If all of them get revealed and Daisy's not in, I will honestly flip out. I mean there has to be a specific reason why they don't add her in not just Mario Maker, but in other games as well. If you think about it, there has to be a specific reason why they never use Daisy in main games or RPG titles, and only in spinoffs. I used to think it was because of copyright reasons or maybe because it has to do with Gunpei Yokoi's death or something but I'm not really too sure... Think about it.. What is the true reason for Nintendo not wanting to use Daisy in games?

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
It angers me how so many costumes have been revealed yet and still no Daisy. If all of them get revealed and Daisy's not in, I will honestly flip out. I mean there has to be a specific reason why they don't add her in not just Mario Maker, but in other games as well. If you think about it, there has to be a specific reason why they never use Daisy in main games or RPG titles, and only in spinoffs. I used to think it was because of copyright reasons or maybe because it has to do with Gunpei Yokoi's death or something but I'm not really too sure... Think about it.. What is the true reason for Nintendo not wanting to use Daisy in games?
Honestly, I think it's just plain old RNG playing up once again.

We know that there are 30 Mario costumes including Donkey and Diddy Kong...

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Here is something stupid as well, I was running an errand today and happened to come across a casual gamer and we talked a while and eventually we talked about Mario Bros characters, I told him my favorite characters are Luigi and Daisy, and he asked me why didn't I like Rosalina, I simply meh'd and said that I am neutral at best with her and he told me that I did not know what I was missing, this is the main reason I don't like Rosalina more, her friggin fanboys just ruin it, just like the fanboys of our fan base ruin it for others as well.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I mean there has to be a specific reason why they don't add her in not just Mario Maker, but in other games as well. If you think about it, there has to be a specific reason why they never use Daisy in main games or RPG titles, and only in spinoffs. I used to think it was because of copyright reasons or maybe because it has to do with Gunpei Yokoi's death or something but I'm not really too sure... Think about it.. What is the true reason for Nintendo not wanting to use Daisy in games?
I doubt it's any of these things. They just seem to do a bit of downplaying of the stuff that originated on the Game Boy, for whatever reason, of late, and it's probably just coincidence.

Note that the same thing applies to Wario as to Daisy, where they keep overlooking the Wario Land series (and playing up the very different WarioWare, for which he's more an out-of-character mascot than anything else). Thanks to @ CormyCat CormyCat posting that link above, I actually just saw that Wario's costume in Super Mario Maker uses sound effects from the original Wario Land, though! :grin: There seems to be a lot of this sort of detail so far, so I'm not worried about Daisy, right now.

EDIT: Actually, never mind merely originating on the Game Boy, Daisy and Wario originated in the same series there. :laugh:

Last edited:

yoshiunity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YoshiUnity
Sometimes when you want something done when you want it, do have to do it yourself.

I decided to do a "Smashified" take on Daisy. Or at least what I think would be a good version of her for Smash bros. I put a good eight hours into this, along with acquiring references and brainstorming what would be feasible.

So I pretty much gave her look an upgrade similar to Peach, but still taking note that this is her dress. Plus I tweaked her gloves to resemble sport/fighter gloves to bring that tomboy personality out.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Sometimes when you want something done when you want it, do have to do it yourself.

I decided to do a "Smashified" take on Daisy. Or at least what I think would be a good version of her for Smash bros. I put a good eight hours into this, along with acquiring references and brainstorming what would be feasible.

So I pretty much gave her look an upgrade similar to Peach, but still taking note that this is her dress. Plus I tweaked her gloves to resemble sport/fighter gloves to bring that tomboy personality out.
That's pretty damn good. Lovely detail, nice job.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Pretty amazing work! Why don't you show it to Smashified! Twitter account so they can see how great she would turn out and how badly we want to see her Smashified?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

You've just reminded me, I'll make sure to request Daisy on the Smashified Twitter account while showcasing your work as an example of what they should do. It's the least I can do after writing a pretty big chapter about the introduction of many new characters (given that this will be set on an airship).

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I really feel like she should be Smashified in her sports outfit. (But I'm almost positive that it's just me who thinks that.:p)

HanAmes

Smash Ace
If Nintendo listens to their fans, Daisy is known to be such a hot topic. Many people like her, while many others hate her. Using Daisy just might rock the community either in a negative way, or a positive way, and just maybe, they don't wanna take chances.

If Nintendo DOESN'T listen to their fans, maybe they don't have anything planned for her, OR they don't use her like the rest of the characters because Daisy isn't THEIR homegrown child, so to speak.

These are just my thoughts on the subject, though. But just think about it, if Gunpei Yokoi is still alive, where would Daisy be today?

yoshiunity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YoshiUnity
That's pretty damn good. Lovely detail, nice job.
Thanks!

Pretty amazing work! Why don't you show it to Smashified! Twitter account so they can see how great she would turn out and how badly we want to see her Smashified?
Hmm... honestly, that not a bad idea. I might do it whenever I have the time.

You've just reminded me, I'll make sure to request Daisy on the Smashified Twitter account while showcasing your work as an example of what they should do. It's the least I can do after writing a pretty big chapter about the introduction of many new characters (given that this will be set on an airship).
Sounds good to me. Be it for Smashified! or just gaining more attention for potential votes in the ballots, if my picture can help in the cause than I'm game for that. Shoot, It's also good publicity for me as an artist. Can't argue with that.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
If Nintendo listens to their fans, Daisy is known to be such a hot topic. Many people like her, while many others hate her. Using Daisy just might rock the community either in a negative way, or a positive way, and just maybe, they don't wanna take chances.

If Nintendo DOESN'T listen to their fans, maybe they don't have anything planned for her, OR they don't use her like the rest of the characters because Daisy isn't THEIR homegrown child, so to speak.

These are just my thoughts on the subject, though. But just think about it, if Gunpei Yokoi is still alive, where would Daisy be today?
most likely not have been created at all and only Peach and Rosalina would be the only Mario princesses on the picture.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I'm feeling anxious with all these gold, silver, and other recolors of Mario showing up. I hope there's enough space for Daisy and my other favorites.

I have a sinking feeling they're also going to do recolors for Peach and the other regulars so I'm more worried.

Last edited:

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
I'm feeling anxious with all these gold, silver, and other recolors of Mario showing up. I hope there's enough space for Daisy and my other favorites.

I have a sinking feeling they're also going to do recolors for Peach and the other regulars so I'm more worried.
There may be room left for her. Look at the Mario Wiki page for the Mystery Suits:
http://www.mariowiki.com/Costume_Mario

So far, Mario costumes occupy slots 1-9, 14, 22, and 23 before it switches to Yoshi's Woolly World costumes at 24. There are 11 costumes left in the Mario block. We know Rosalina, Silver/Gold/Dr./Construction Mario, Bowser Jr., and Wario exist, so that should leave behind 4 slots.

However, Daisy might not even be in that block. Assuming that Wario isn't Mystery Suit #98, Ashley is Mystery Suit #99 and extremely separated from Wario (a part of her own franchise) on the grid. Heck, the different Marios may appear out of the block as well.

Also, remember that they added spinoff characters like Waluigi and relatively obscure characters like DK Jr. Not only has Daisy appeared in the spinoffs more than characters like DK Jr. and Tatanga, but Daisy was also the heroine of Super Mario Land, which hasn't been represented yet. She should appear around Mystery Suits 10-13 or 15-21.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here is something stupid as well, I was running an errand today and happened to come across a casual gamer and we talked a while and eventually we talked about Mario Bros characters, I told him my favorite characters are Luigi and Daisy, and he asked me why didn't I like Rosalina, I simply meh'd and said that I am neutral at best with her and he told me that I did not know what I was missing, this is the main reason I don't like Rosalina more, her friggin fanboys just ruin it, just like the fanboys of our fan base ruin it for others as well.
I thought Rosalina's story was a great element of Super Mario Galaxy. It immediately gave her more depth than just about any other Mario character, and I'm all for more interesting female additions. I think she's cool.
However, when playing a game like Mario Kart 8, I always gravitate towards playing Daisy. For one, I prefer mid-weight, but she's just so gosh darn excited and cute it gets me pumped to play.
I think there's room for everyone, and I just really hope Daisy gets more of the spotlight she deserves, but Rosalina's cool too, in her own and very different way.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I can tell @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 would love this. :)
why I got tagged here twice and I really don;t have any support towards daisy?

Anyway, I just want to kill the hype as I just don;t want to spread tags (got 4 including this one) so, it;s fake:

8SMQ0VF.png

I did got false hope for 1-2 minutes but even then tbh, I don;t think it;s likely, I don;t see the point of putting him considering visuals constraints with the 8bit style.

So, I would be mind blown if it happens, but I have to say, I honestly liked that fake :)

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice

Anyway, I just want to kill the hype as I just don;t want to spread tags (got 4 including this one) so, it;s fake:

View attachment 69527

I did got false hope for 1-2 minutes but even then tbh, I don;t think it;s likely, I don;t see the point of putting him considering visuals constraints with the 8bit style.

So, I would be mind blown if it happens, but I have to say, I honestly liked that fake :)
...where did you get this image?

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What should we expect between Waluigi and Little Mac?

I think Daisy should be there.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
What should we expect between Waluigi and Little Mac?

I think Daisy should be there.
Three Woolly Yoshis if all amiibo are supported.

That leaves Slots 12,13,15,16 and 17 for Daisy. Since Bowser Jr. is going to take a slot (and overalls Wario). Plus the fact that it's doubtful that the Koopalings are going to show up at all, that leaves only THREE slots for Daisy.

:crying:

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Three Woolly Yoshis if all amiibo are supported.

That leaves Slots 12,13,15,16 and 17 for Daisy. Since Bowser Jr. is going to take a slot (and overalls Wario). Plus the fact that it's doubtful that the Koopalings are going to show up at all, that leaves only THREE slots for Daisy.

:crying:
I don't think woolly Yoshis would look that different from normal Yoshi in the pixelated art style.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I don't think woolly Yoshis would look that different from normal Yoshi in the pixelated art style.
But they are definitely going to take up the slots inbetween Waluigi and Little Mac. It was also confirmed that they have different sound effects.

Maybe Paper Mario might take up another slot, leaving only TWO slots for Daisy! As I think about it, what other Mario character could fit in?

EDIT: Toadette is possible, so only ONE slot for Daisy! Maybe Koopa Troopa could show up too, outright deconfirming Daisy.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I am on wiiu now, so can't link, but we actually gor breif footages showing that they litterally uses the exact same sprite, the only differences between the two are the names and one sfx....

as much min blowing illogical as it is, it makes paper mario possible...

Even with what we know, he could take a slot (we even have apparently 2 trampoline so I'm not even questioning the logic here).

But going to be seriously honest, Daisy is just more likely anyway. Look, paper mario really has never ever be mentioned in anything other than rpg and platformer just forgets. If paper jam was admittedly mind blowing, this would be to another level.

oh btw, that pic I linked was a mockup made in the nintenzone thread, but that leak is still fake cause he's not even in the mario section. just don't trust the numbering this much.

I mean as much biased as I am, I can't see why daisy would be less likely than him for that.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh, it was confirmed? I'm quite out of touch with the news. Oh well. :ohwell:

Cross your fingers then.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 69527

I hope it's false. And if true, Nintendo is idiotic.
As Nintendo can put a trampoline or seven Marios as costumes, I find it shameful.

Instead of putting them unique characters like Koopa, Toadette and especially Daisy.

As Daisy won't be in the panel, I hate Nintendo, but I will keep voting for Daisy in the survey Smash, until the last moment.

#VOTEFORDAISY

Last edited:
Top Bottom