• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I just found out that ASHLEY from WarioWare is indeed playable in Mario Maker.

View attachment 68945

So Daisy must be in surely?
That lucky little witch! Now they got to add a few other WarioWare characters in there.

Here's to hoping that both Waluigi and Daisy are the ones to have their own costume.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
With Ashley in Mario Maker I feel secure about Daisy being there too, she's a regular in spinoffs. What I want to know is if Pauline and Jimmy will be as fortunate.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
That lucky little witch! Now they got to add a few other WarioWare characters in there.

Here's to hoping that both Waluigi and Daisy are the ones to have their own costume.
Totally! That's why I'm saying characters like Mona just HAVE to be in as a playable character.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if all assist tro[hies will be in Mario Maker. Sheriff and Pong anyone?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I wonder if all assist tro[hies will be in Mario Maker. Sheriff and Pong anyone?
Yes! I can already imagine the old sound effects used for gameplay with him. Doot doot doot, doot doot doot, doot doot doot doot doot doot doot!

I would pray for a Takamaru costume, but the chances of that is low because "obscurity".

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Yes! I can already imagine the old sound effects used for gameplay with him. Doot doot doot, doot doot doot, doot doot doot doot doot doot doot!

I would pray for a Takamaru costume, but the chances of that is low because "obscurity".
Which song are you singing, BTW?:confused: I'm just curious.:)

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
This slow trickle of costumes is exciting!

Here's Celeste from Animal Crossing!

image.jpg

Costume 77!

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace

Might as well post this here.
Daisy wasn't in that video... :(

But on the bright side, Peach's SMB2 throwback sound effects were pretty cool. But since Waluigi is playable, then I am pretty sure Daisy will be. IT would be so awesome if she had Super Mario Land sound effects and music when playing as her.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
You know, I may as well ask this before I watch this now...Is she......or is she not.......playable in this game?:glare: Seriously, save me the disappointment, and tell me. NOW.
Not every character was revealed in the video, Ashley wasn't even shown, so I'm sure there's more character, which might have Daisy as a playable character, but I don't know for sure.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Not every character was revealed in the video, Ashley wasn't even shown, so I'm sure there's more character, which might have Daisy as a playable character, but I don't know for sure.
Well....okay.....I guess. But I swear, if WALUIGI (who I don't have MUCH against being in more titles, mind you.) is playable, and Princess Daisy ISN'T.....OMG.....:mad:

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
I'm very worried that Daisy won't be included. That in trying to include so many quirky and unique ones they'll leave out such an obvious choice. I worry they'll think Peach and Rosalina are enough like they usually do >:/ Here's hoping anyway.

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually really positive that Daisy's gonna be in this. Like, 70-80% positive. They are going to have Waluigi, a spinoff character, presumably with Mario Tennis sound effects and whatnot. Guess what game hasn't been referenced yet? Super Mario Land. Nintendo did acknowledge it and its sequel on the official 30th anniversary website, so they know about it. Say what you will about it being non-canon and a platforming spinoff, but that game was instrumental in Mario's history. It was a very popular launch title for the Game Boy and helped to establish Nintendo's mobile market. Now, who would be the best character to get the SML sound effects? Daisy, since she debuted in that game and became a spinoff staple. Tatanga is a plausible choice, yes, but he disappeared after SML 2 and never came to the spinoffs/other Mario titles.

I think this game has Super Mario Bros Deluxe's menu music at some point. Yeah, that game. If they reference such a relatively obscure game, it definitely looks like they might reference SML with the Daisy costume and SML 2 with Wario's original overalls.

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
If they don't put Daisy in, then she's off to the retirement home with Birdo.....
Not in Mario Kart 8, not in Mario Party 10, only a costume in Mario Tennis Open. You're bringing up painful memories for me Memoryman :(

D

Deleted member

So Waluigi was just found, Daisy might be in this.
That all but confirms Daisy. I mean I don't think Waluigi's ever been in a game that Daisy wasn't, right? Oh--nevermind, there's the Mario Kart Arcade GP series. But otherwise, Daisy has appeared in games where Waluigi hasn't, such as Mario Kart 7. So there's no way in Bowser's Valley they'd put in Waluigi but not Daisy. Relax everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wait... Waluigi is marked with Mario Tennis. Is that because that's his first appearance or because there'll be a Mario Tennis amiibo line?

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
Wait... Waluigi is marked with Mario Tennis. Is that because that's his first appearance or because there'll be a Mario Tennis amiibo line?
Daisy tennis amiibo! That would be so cool, with a racket and in her tennis getup! :estatic:

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
I think it's because that's his first appearance. Ashley is marked with WarioWare: Touched!, the game she first appeared in.

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad
Here's a fresh Miiverse post someone did in support of Daisy. *inserts something about Miiverse being the most crucial frontier to support a potential character* So yeah, let's yeah and comment. (I really have to get my Gamepad back so I can contribute one or two posts for Daisy)

Maveo83's Daisy post

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
That leaks thread is really going haywire, but at least some great words are being spoken in the matter of people bashing other's characters on this damned site.

Character fans are constantly putting down other character's chances as they believe it's a "competition". 'that character can't happen because then my character can't be in the game!' It's not, there's a middle ground in character choices. It's not all or none, it's about appeasing the most amount of people with the limited resources and time that game development has.

I saw some people say "lol Sakurai comparing Krystal to mooks" and that's the totally wrong attitude to have.

When people suggest characters I don't get the impression that Sakurai sees any character as inherently better than others. (except SpongeBob and Goku but they aren't Nintendo characters)

I think he looks at popular requests and goes through this process:

1. Looks to see if he can use them
2. Sees if they are popular enough, is the character too obscure?
3. If they have a moveset
4. Fill a niche
5. Favorable to development
6. If not 5 can they be made into a clone?
7. Are they relevant or retro?

They don't happen in that order per say and some parts occur at the same time. Takamaru probably passed all the requirements except 2 for example. Krystal in Brawl might have passed everything except 5.

If you are going to say a character has a chance or no chance base it off logic. There's really no need to make character requests such an emotional thing.
So. much. of. this.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Nope, we are just hoping that Daisy will have a costume in Super Mario Maker. A certain purple cheater was lucky enough to be leaked many hours ago with his 8-bit racket as a taunt.
His fans must be rejoicing, but this also gives me a glimmer of hope, if this guy got in, with more reason Daisy, if not then something is definitely wrong with who was calling the shots for SMM.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
His fans must be rejoicing, but this also gives me a glimmer of hope, if this guy got in, with more reason Daisy, if not then something is definitely wrong with who was calling the shots for SMM.
Waluigi being in Mario Maker without Daisy would be a huge slap in the face for us. I can imagine it being as horrible as when Waluigi couldn't make it to Mario Kart 7 (having to wait one year just to play as him in Mario Tennis Open).

It overall shouldn't be too hard to edit Peach's sprites (or creating Daisy's 8-bit form from scratch) and simply adding some voice clips from the recent games. Both characters are equally as popular when it comes to their inclusion in various Mario spinoffs and it would be poor to have one without the other.

Top Bottom