• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Here I am hopeful for an impossible port of Metal Gear Solid 5 for the Wii U and Snake coming back 4 Smash(my most wanted is Daisy).
Fixed. This is probably the reason Snake was completely cut.

MGS Rising doesn't even have Snake....

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_tumblr_nr9hb6VtFK1uay35oo1_400.png
By art-of-syntic on Tumblr. Looks like Luigi is staring too much XD.
Slice your opponents into tw- stupid 3DS limitations.
Like I said fitting for the Wii U touch screen, back on topic, Daisy is somewhere starting from the top 15 right

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Looking at Mario Tennis 64 and Mario Party 4, I notice that Daisy's voice was um....quite different.

Here in Mario Tennis, she sounds a bit like Rosalina.

Here in Mario Party 4....I have no words.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Looking at Mario Tennis 64 and Mario Party 4, I notice that Daisy's voice was um....quite different.

It's most likely due to her "2nd Peach" status of the previous incarnation of her before they changed her into the Daisy we all know her as.

Because Rosie is voiced by the same person that does Peach, or at least, tries to mimic Peach's voice with the new voice actors I hear Rosie have gotten.

But Daisy's voice in this...imo, as unfitting as it is in this sense, I think a lot of people would have liked it if she didn't have that "annoying" factor I hear they get hearing the good old "Hi, I'm Daisy!" quote with the voice we know her with.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
It's most likely due to her "2nd Peach" status of the previous incarnation of her before they changed her into the Daisy we all know her as.

Because Rosie is voiced by the same person that does Peach, or at least, tries to mimic Peach's voice with the new voice actors I hear Rosie have gotten.

But Daisy's voice in this...imo, as unfitting as it is in this sense, I think a lot of people would have liked it if she didn't have that "annoying" factor I hear they get hearing the good old "Hi, I'm Daisy!" quote with the voice we know her with.
Nah, I think the voice actor has changed for the best. The other voices Daisy had just make her seem like a Peach clone.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

To be honest, I actually liked the old voice for her then when she lacked an identity. Then the new voice happened and I didn't like it due to the annoying factor. But the more I played the Mario Party games after Double Dash, the more I actually grew to like the new voice. The current voice actually makes her sound less bland and gives the princess her very own identity as my 10 year old self though about this.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Nah, I think the voice actor has changed for the best. The other voices Daisy had just make her seem like a Peach clone.
I didn't say I preferred that one over the newer one, hence why I said it's unfitting. But I bet most would find it more "soothing to the ears" as many have complained that's what most disliked about Daisy before, her voice and that one line she's infamous for.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I didn't say I preferred that one over the newer one, hence why I said it's unfitting. But I bet most would find it more "soothing to the ears" as many have complained that's what most disliked about Daisy before, her voice and that one line she's infamous for.
It's great that Nintendo haven't changed the voice for over ten years and introduced someone else with a similar soothing voice who was univer-sally praised.....

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Don't know why people hate that line, I personally like her current voice, I think it fits her lively and tomboyish personality perfectly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, her new voice with Deanna Mustard definitely gives her more personality. And despite her voice in Mario Party 4, wasn't that the first game that gave her her modern appearance?

HanAmes

Smash Ace

Ah, the pre-Deanna Mustard Daisy brings back precious memories. I'm personally neutral to her voice, but at least I can honestly say that her current voice fits her personality much better, as it distinguishes herself from being Peach-like.

If you ask me, though, I'm also a fan of her old dress as well.
sample_aa66d7ada15360a033c62dd1dc06f3b5.jpg

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I also prefer her new voice as well. Princess Daisy definitely is much more differentiated from Princess Peach these days. Also, believe it or not, but I'm not all that bothered by her "Hi, I'm Daisy!" quote, unless someone was really just playing it over and over just to be a total a******. BTW, figure I may as well share this with you guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J-K-PPffT0

While I know it's technically a mod, THIS still NEEDS to happen for Smash 4. (Or any future Smash titles.)

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I also prefer her new voice as well. Princess Daisy definitely is much more differentiated from Princess Peach these days. Also, believe it or not, but I'm not all that bothered by her "Hi, I'm Daisy!" quote, unless someone was really just playing it over and over just to be a total a******. BTW, figure I may as well share this with you guys:

While I know it's technically a mod, THIS still NEEDS to happen for Smash 4. (Or any future Smash titles.)
Agreed. I don't find her current voice annoying either, I find it fitting of her personality.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

To be honest, I don't even know why it became a meme. :p

:231:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

I can hear now in the announcer's voice.

VERSUSSSSS: Team Mario!

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Yesterday I was able to convince a relative to vote for Daisy, so that's another one for us, was checking Screwattack and guess what? Goku vs Superman The Rematch! Even though I am excited, I know who will win, A man with the power to break any limit vs A man with no limits in the first place, it's pretty obvious who outdoes who.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yesterday I was able to convince a relative to vote for Daisy, so that's another one for us, was checking Screwattack and guess what? Goku vs Superman The Rematch! Even though I am excited, I know who will win, A man with the power to break any limit vs A man with no limits in the first place, it's pretty obvious who outdoes who.
A look, a beaten dead horse. No surprise there and it shouldn't exist for the sake of making Dragon Ball Z fanboys happy. :rolleyes:

But anyways, nice job on convincing a relative to vote. If only my brother can just make up his mind and finally submit his votes (especially with the recent revelation of only 1 vote per IP being accepted).

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad
As much as I like watching shonen-level insane fights, I'm just not exciting to see it happen again like I was with Samus getting to take down Boba Fett in a remastered version of the battle.

There are still some people who think Daisy would be a Peach "clone". What's up with that?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I want Daisy to be announced next month with her sports outfit as her default costume!
A wild Micheallol appeared!

Welcome aboard the Daisy Cruiser and I'll be the one to add you to our massive support list. The Sports Outfit would do some wonders for Daisy if she's in the game and many fans would want her to wear it.

Zeldaisy

Smash Apprentice
Hm... everything seems fine on Miiverse, I really have no new updates... but I was thinking on how we need some music. A nice remix or a dubstep version of her them Oh! Daisy would be more than wonderful, or maybe that one theme from Mario Strikers Charged....

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hm... everything seems fine on Miiverse, I really have no new updates... but I was thinking on how we need some music. A nice remix or a dubstep version of her them Oh! Daisy would be more than wonderful, or maybe that one theme from Mario Strikers Charged....
For that to happen, we need ourselves a music composer around here and I only know one. But he's more of a Nabbit fanboy and probably won't help even if I ask him.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
On the topic of Daisy's voice, I love her voice. The "Hi! I'm Daisy!" thing is adorable on my opinion but it could get annoying after a while. It would honestly be blasphemous if Daisy was put in the game but not that sound clip and a taunt of her saying that. Since Nintendo seems to follow around the memes of their games, I feel like if Daisy made it, the "Hi! I'm Daisy" quote would not go unnoticed

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
On the topic of Daisy's voice, I love her voice. The "Hi! I'm Daisy!" thing is adorable on my opinion but it could get annoying after a while. It would honestly be blasphemous if Daisy was put in the game but not that sound clip and a taunt of her saying that. Since Nintendo seems to follow around the memes of their games, I feel like if Daisy made it, the "Hi! I'm Daisy" quote would not go unnoticed
I just noticed now that this clip is nowhere to be seen in Mario Kart 8....

Nintendo, why???

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I don't care what anyone says. I actually want "Hi, I'm Daisy!" as either her quote for her on-screen appearance or as a taunt. Hopefully not both, as I feel that Nintendo might not want to push their luck with it, considering how most Mario fans are a little "too" familiar with that quote of hers these days.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Nintendo, why???
People complained about it, so they finally got rid of it. But look on the bright side, they no longer have that as a valid reason to hate her. :troll:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Just had my first taste of Sm4sh and it's awesome! Don't get why people say Rosalina is op, I played against a player who really knows what he is doing with her and did not have much trouble, on another topic, I keep hearing people say that the EAD doesn't know who Daisy is and thus why they don't use her in the main series, if this was true Baby Daisy would not exist then as the Mario Kart series are made by the EAD, "But Rosalina is relevant and actually has a role that isn't a Peach stand-off!" You do know that they made her to be a fan favorite right? And had I not been because she got so much fans, she would have gotten the same treatment Daisy has, so that's why we are hoping that since popular demand is what got Rosalina where she is, it will do the same for us since Daisy is really popular despite what certain people say.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard

Nintendo, why???
it wasn't in Wii either :p

I'm gonna try to make a sound clip video as if Daisy was in Smash guys! :D I'll try to upload it soon

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't care what anyone says. I actually want "Hi, I'm Daisy!" as either her quote for her on-screen appearance or as a taunt. Hopefully not both, as I feel that Nintendo might not want to push their luck with it, considering how most Mario fans are a little "too" familiar with that quote of hers these days.
Yeah, I love the "Hi, I'm Daisy" voice clip.
Daisy_In_Smash.png

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Funny how Rosalina & Luma, Bowser Jr., and the Koopalings have all their sounds reused from their games (Mario Kart 7, Wii, and the NSMB series, respectively)

Wonder if they would do the same with Daisy

Top Bottom