• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Turns out her first voice actor (the one who voiced her in Mario Tennis) died in a flash flood 9 years ago. That's actually kind of unfortunate. :(

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Turns out her first voice actor (the one who voiced her in Mario Tennis) died in a flash flood 9 years ago. That's actually kind of unfortunate. :(
May she Rest In Peace. Was going through the competitive thread and asked if anybody in Sm4sh would be able to stand against Brawl!Meta Knight, answer was no, figures, always knew this guy in Brawl is far more dangerous than Melee!Fox, Sm4sh!Sheik and Rosalina.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
May she Rest In Peace. Was going through the competitive thread and asked if anybody in Sm4sh would be able to stand against Brawl!Meta Knight, answer was no, figures, always knew this guy in Brawl is far more dangerous than Melee!Fox, Sm4sh!Sheik and Rosalina.
Brawl wasn't meant for competitive play anyways...

When I was nine, I thought Brawl Ganon was the best thing ever.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I know it's been posted, but the GDC 2008 slide for Smash's character choices have been released.

The criteria for choosing a character is as follows.

The character must have a personality in their game.

Daisy has a spunky sassy personality, she had this one in the bag!

It's important to have something a character can do.

Now people may say that Daisy is useless filler, but she can incorporate many things from "useless filler games" into her moveset.

Her flowers can be used to trap the opponent.

Since she is competitive, she can be built to deal with any situation that comes her way with a great deal of speed and power. Projectile incoming? Catch that thing with her baseball bat and whack it back at the opponent with her smash attacks.

To think of it, her standard attacks could be sporty and her specials can be all flower themed. Maybe with Petey Piranha. @ WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever would love that! After all, Kirby used a THWOMP in his Stone Attack.

Development issues.

Not a problem for DLC!

Franchise representation taken into account.

This could be troubling. While Mario is Nintendo's biggest franchise with tons of recognisable characters yet to join the fray, the team might think Mario is over-represented. Even though this game added Rosalina, Lemmy and the Koopalings, and brought back Dr. Mario.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I know it's been posted, but the GDC 2008 slide for Smash's character choices have been released.

Now people may say that Daisy is useless filler, but she can incorporate many things from "useless filler games" into her moveset.

Since she is competitive, she can be built to deal with any situation that comes her way with a great deal of speed and power. Projectile incoming? Catch that thing with her baseball bat and whack it back at the opponent with her smash attacks.

To think of it, her standard attacks could be sporty and her specials can be all flower themed. Maybe with Petey Piranha. @ WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever would love that! After all, Kirby used a THWOMP in his Stone Attack.

Development issues.

Not a problem for DLC!

This could be troubling. While Mario is Nintendo's biggest franchise with tons of recognisable characters yet to join the fray, the team might think Mario is over-represented. Even though this game added Rosalina, Lemmy and the Koopalings, and brought back Dr. Mario.
What the character can do? Duck Hunt, Wii Fit Trainer, don't do much in their own games and yet how they turned out, so this argument is invalid for any character, heck even Rosalina doesn't do anything consistent enough for Smash and yet you see....

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
What the character can do? Duck Hunt, Wii Fit Trainer, don't do much in their own games and yet how they turned out, so this argument is invalid for any character.
Key-word here is can.
No other character can attack with yoga-poses and no other character can use third party cover fire.

Development issues.

Not a problem for DLC!

Came here for Petey

Point 1:
I feel Daisy is very strong in this.
Daisy displays a personality that's easy to convey through animations.

Point 2:
This is why I don't like a moveset that has Daisy punch and kick a lot, and why I like a Flower Mage Daisy somewhat more.
Daisy, aside from Lip, is the only one that could summon flowers.

If you per se want to have a flower-less moveset, I'd take a more energic version of Peach's instead of something that begins to enter ZSS territory.

For example, Peach's Neutral Air is a multihit move where she stretches her arms.
Daisy's Neutral Air could be a single strong hit where she stretches her arms in excitement.

Sports equipment should only be used when it comes to flower-enchanted sports gear (Wonder Flower from Power Tennis)
This extinguishes her even more from potential sporters like WAAAA or Plum.

Point 3:
Not an issue. If anything, Daisy's obvious simplicity is a boon to her being picked.

Point 4:
I don't think the developers think Dr. Mario "counts" as a full character.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Key-word here is can.
No other character can attack with yoga-poses and no other character can use third party cover fire.

Came here for Petey

Point 1:
I feel Daisy is very strong in this.
Daisy displays a personality that's easy to convey through animations.

Point 2:
This is why I don't like a moveset that has Daisy punch and kick a lot, and why I like a Flower Mage Daisy somewhat more.
Daisy, aside from Lip, is the only one that could summon flowers.

If you per se want to have a flower-less moveset, I'd take a more energic version of Peach's instead of something that begins to enter ZSS territory.

For example, Peach's Neutral Air is a multihit move where she stretches her arms.
Daisy's Neutral Air could be a single strong hit where she stretches her arms in excitement.

Sports equipment should only be used when it comes to flower-enchanted sports gear (Wonder Flower from Power Tennis)
This extinguishes her even more from potential sporters like WAAAA or Plum.

Point 3:
Not an issue. If anything, Daisy's obvious simplicity is a boon to her being picked.

Point 4:
I don't think the developers think Dr. Mario "counts" as a full character.
I know that's what they can do, Daisy does more and yet fanboys think she has no moveset potential at all, I.E Crystal Smash!, and a few others.

D

Deleted member

Peach has a lot of made-up stuff in Smash, so I don't see why Daisy needs to have origins for all her moves. Also, I'm sick of the "now don't over-represent that franchise!" It has no meaning (well...at least it's not something everyone can agree on). Nothing more or less can be said than "some characters make it into Smash." Why they do, or how, or when, is not predictable.

But what can be said is that due to the Smash Ballot, DLC newcomers will be selected from among* the top characters fans want. If Sakurai could come up with a moveset for Pac-Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt, heck even Peach at the time, then he can certainly come up with a moveset for any of the viable DLC contenders, even Reckless Wiimote Safety Man.

*My guess is Nintendo will never disclose the final standings of the ballot in case the winner is someone Sakurai just doesn't want to make into a character. So the ballot will probably just be taken into consideration so the team gets a clear idea of what the top candidates are, and then they'll just pick their favorites to make from that, and say "this character was very popular on the ballot" and we'll never know

Last edited by a moderator:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Peach has a lot of made-up stuff in Smash, so I don't see why Daisy needs to have origins for all her moves. Also, I'm sick of the "now don't over-represent that franchise!" It has no meaning (well...at least it's not something everyone can agree on). Nothing more or less can be said than "some characters make it into Smash." Why they do, or how, or when, is not predictable.

But what can be said is that due to the Smash Ballot, DLC newcomers will be selected from among* the top characters fans want. If Sakurai could come up with a moveset for Pac-Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt, heck even Peach at the time, then he can certainly come up with a moveset for any of the viable DLC contenders, even Reckless Wiimote Safety Man.

*My guess is Nintendo will never disclose the final standings of the ballot in case the winner is someone Sakurai just doesn't want to make into a character. So the ballot will probably just be taken into consideration so the team gets a clear idea of what the top candidates are, and then they'll just pick their favorites to make from that, and say "this character was very popular on the ballot" and we'll never know
If MvC3 is anything to go by, they won't necessarily pick the top voted character.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan and @StarCrystal20, I need help on something.
I made this Tumblr page, and I'm soon going to decorate it so it looks prettier. Maybe write some articles.

Is there anyway I can kickstart this so that other Daisy fans can see it?
Start posting some things about Daisy (fanart or GIFS), that's great start. And make sure to do some reblogging (plenty of reblogging) since it's practically how I've started to get followers to begin with on my Expand Dong account.

Maybe when things look a bit prettier or when there's enough traffic, I'll make sure to inform my other fans about it. Got about nearly 123 people who follow both pages and they'll be willing to take a look (and hopefully help out).

Hey @ Zeldaisy Zeldaisy , you have any other suggestions for memoryman3 here?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Iwata just passed away guys :(
And just when I talked about a certain actor's death earlier, this had to happen. I think I'm going to need a moment for now since I admired his work with Nintendo over the years despite what the trolls said recently. Hopefully my girlfriend won't have to see me like this. :cry:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
And just when I talked about a certain actor's death earlier, this had to happen. I think I'm going to need a moment for now since I admired his work with Nintendo over the years despite what the trolls said recently. Hopefully my girlfriend won't have to see me like this. :cry:
Let us give one minute of silence to Iwata.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Thank you, Iwata-San; thank you for everything.

Thanks for the precious memories with this great company that you helped shape, thanks for the amazing genres of games that are a part of our past joys and memorabilia, and thanks for helping to shape our entertainment with unique ingenuity and pioneering the Nintendo industry like it has never seen before.

We will miss you, and may the success of Nintendo thrive and live on.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.
We'll do, although I myself am not good at drawing, if I was, I'd draw both Luigi and Daisy thanking him. We will always understand Iwata-san.

I see even a few Metal Gear fans are showing their respect and condolences with the Big Boss salute.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
While I do plan on making a Miiverse post soon, I might as well leave this piece here. Let's just say that a majority of the Smash cast plus Daisy is there (which makes it on-topic to this thread) having a moment of silence near Iwata's casket. The Shy Guy's face in this image is truly heartbreaking and you can even feel the emotions that Daisy is experiencing now.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Wait, I just came home from school now, only to here that the Nintendo Direct and E3 Legend is no more? This is absolutely horrible :(. I will especially miss his iconic "Please Understand" and Directly to You" quotes.

They way he presented himself in front of investors and the public showed a man who sticks up for himself and Nintendo, in spite of the naysayers and shareholders. He is the reason that Smash Wii U even existed. He is the reason the Smash Ballot even exists! I'll miss his strangely reassuring voice....

Rest in peace Iwata. Nintendo will never be the same without you. And I usually never mourn about the death of celebrities.

EDIT: His last press photo ever taken.

Bile duct growth is especially deadly. He was doomed from the moment he was diagnosed. I thought he was well. I thought he was cured. But cancer is worse than an army of seven blue shells targeting you all at once.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I would draw Mario, Luigi, Peach and Daisy giving their respects, but I am absolutely hopeless at drawing. Maybe someone like @ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS could help.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
@ memoryman3 memoryman3 I've told you everything you need to do in a PM. So I hope things go well with that blog of yours and help us get more Daisy support.

I'm going to be inactive for the next few days since I need to do some things for Mr. Iwata. Please understand and try to keep things active without me.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
@ memoryman3 memoryman3 I've told you everything you need to do in a PM. So I hope things go well with that blog of yours and help us get more Daisy support.

I'm going to be inactive for the next few days since I need to do some things for Mr. Iwata. Please understand and try to keep things active without me.
Thanks! I actually got some hearts on some of my posts. I should make more original posts though. I'll queue them up.

And don't sweat about keeping this thread active. That's what I do.

Last edited:

Zeldaisy

Smash Apprentice
I made a small group on miiverse and I already have 17+ supporters in 2 days!

- Please don't bring up Iwata, it breaks my heart into a million pieces ..

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'll try to have the request done by tomorrow, but until then, while I'm looking through my reference folder, here's some art I could share;

CfU637K.png

Comeback_Princess_Daisy_by_pacrat0684.jpg

dExrBL.png

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
@ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei I've done my part on Miiverse and I'm satisfied with the end result.

I hope the rest of you Daisy fans wouldn't mind me giving a shoutout to another influential Nintendo representative (the man who created her along with several other characters).

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
@ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei I've done my part on Miiverse and I'm satisfied with the end result.

I hope the rest of you Daisy fans wouldn't mind me giving a shoutout to another influential Nintendo representative (the man who created her along with several other characters).
Mind if I use that?

Zapster

Smash Apprentice
I am wondering all the radiation from Fukishima and the atomic bombings had anything to do with Iwata's cancer.. Fukushima to this day still pours 900 gallons of radioactive water into the ocean EVERYDAY... And Japanese people do eat a lot of sea food... Plus, that contaminates land, freshwater and air.

Thank you Iwata for your virtuous dedication and always choosing your customers over profit. May Nintendo continue your honorable legacy and may your spirit joyously reunite with Source and bliss.

What dies is never dead!
*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I am wondering all the radiation from Fukishima and the atomic bombings had anything to do with Iwata's cancer.. Fukushima to this day still pours 900 gallons of radioactive water into the ocean EVERYDAY... And Japanese people do eat a lot of sea food... Plus, that contaminates land, freshwater and air.

Thank you Iwata for your virtuous dedication and always choosing your customers over profit. May Nintendo continue your honorable legacy and may your spirit joyously reunite with Source and bliss.

What dies is never dead!
*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*
This situation is so sad....

All I see is Iwata memoribilia. He derserves it, he was a great corporate president. But when I view the touching photos around the web, it reminds me of all his past Nintendo Directs.....

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
If you're still doing the collage thing @ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei , here's one more for you courtesy of this thread and of @ memoryman3 memoryman3 's suggestion.

I couldn't do what was requested entirely as wished, as it would take too long for me to finish in a timely matter. Sorry about that.

This is nice, although I didn't think this was suppose to be Daisy at first, other than just the color of the outfit. But it's also funny because I had to make 3 of these gifts for Iwata, one involving Shantae, and I was going to draw these two together to save time, but I decided to just have one for each character requested.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If you're still doing the collage thing @ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei , here's one more for you courtesy of this thread and of @ memoryman3 memoryman3 's suggestion.

I couldn't do what was requested entirely as wished, as it would take too long for me to finish in a timely matter. Sorry about that.

This is nice, although I didn't think this was suppose to be Daisy at first, other than just the color of the outfit. But it's also funny because I had to make 3 of these gifts for Iwata, one involving Shantae, and I was going to draw these two together to save time, but I decided to just have one for each character requested.
May I use it?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I like it, equally as effective as my Miiverse post (but on a huger scale). It actually kind of hurts me to see another sad Daisy image. :laugh:

Top Bottom