• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Melee thread: We have a scene again!

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Anyway, what's the rule set for the tournament? And what time is the tournament? Also where is it actually? There's no information about this. Should probably get on that so that OOC can plan their trip.

Zhea

Smash Ace
I think smiles should enforce that blind counterpick rule...

Anyway, should bring this up, I won't be running an ooples this Friday due to S.O.S sucks # w/e. Saturday is still looking like a go if there are enough interested people.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
I Hearby declare a MM On the city of San Antonio and all of it's inhabitants. Any amount. Let's go! Best 3 of 5. Tournament rules. :D
you didn't say what game!

Mario Kart Double Dash Bomb-omb Battle, first to 7 points. show up if you can.

:troll: problem, sos?

RedGamer

Smash Ace
I wanna mm match someone....
When? Where? Against who? What character? How much? Side bets?
I'm pretty much the hype master around these boring parts :awesome:

If anything, MM Clnr. Then you can MM Sos once Clnr takes your money. Then you can MM me when you have no money left. :chuckle:

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Come to Summercon brah's. You'll lose to Taylor in MM's but you'll def beat me. I'll MM anyone who comes from OoS.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
ten days...no posts. what a live community we have here.

we have smashfests every weekend. Just had one yesterday, in fact. just sayin.

Tesh

Smash Hero
MEGABUS TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE FOR WHOBO WEEKEND.

You know you wanna go, so go to http://us.megabus.com/ and buy your tickets for 1 dollar each RIGHT NOW.

If you act now, the change in your pocket could get you across the country to WHOBO V!

Zhea

Smash Ace
Aight So, lets get down to brass tickey tacks. I know the SA Brawl scene is starting to have monthlies at Ooples. Our scene recently is enjoying a spike in activity. Do people want monthlies? If so I can try to put them together. I need some one to help me get TVs there and people need to bring setups, but I could start doing this. What level of tourney do we want? 2 Dollars? 5? 10 for singles? How big a pot do we want? Ooples usually asks for about half the pot as a venue fee. What do people think.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Talk to them about the venue fee. Golden rule is that you do not screw with the pot at a tournament. :applejack:

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Pretty sure he means that let's say the entry fee is 10$ and we have 10 people join. That's 100$. The venue owner wants a total of 50$ of venue fee. That means that each player needs to pay 5$. Another way of saying that is, the venue fee is half of the entry fee.

Although, if he is talking about taking money away from the pot, that'd be stupid as ****.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Use whatever words you want for it, as long as the pot itself is being altered, it's wrong. It's like crossing streams or something. :applejack:

Tesh

Smash Hero
taking money out of the pot is dumb, charging a separate venue fee is much better for the venue, EVERYONE pays venue to be there, if u just swipe half the pot, "spectators" get off free

RedGamer

Smash Ace
taking money out of the pot is dumb, charging a separate venue fee is much better for the venue, EVERYONE pays venue to be there, if u just swipe half the pot, "spectators" get off free
this is funny, cause I've mentioned this in the past.

On a different note: what about finding a better venue altogether? It's something that I've been looking into for the past month.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'd suggest talking to Cliff at Gamelot again about possibly using it, but I can't let the whole thought go through my mind without smirking a little.

:applejack:

Gao~

Smash Cadet
I'd suggest talking to Cliff at Gamelot again about possibly using it, but I can't let the whole thought go through my mind without smirking a little.

:applejack:

id love for it to be at gamelot. its seems nicer and bigger there....not to mention closer to me :D

Top Bottom