• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Melee thread: We have a scene again!

Zhea

Smash Ace
How many people here are not part of the fb group here? That needs to change, but I can start posting times here as well. Ooples has 4 tvs total, we can usually get at least 2, but as the night gets later it's easier to grab them.

Also organizing these is not hard. All Ooples asks is that you put a $20 deposit on the room and as long as you don't leave trash lying around(i.e. be a decent human being and throw your **** out) you get it back when you are done. Most people are there to play ccg's so we have little competition for the tvs. That being said it would be nice to help support them by buying concessions and such from them (nothing is really overpriced, they cost about the same as at a convenience store).

The owner's been asking if we're going to hold tourneys here and seems genuinely interested so as life gets more stable for me, I will probably look into doing some stuff with this.

Also btw Oople's at 6pm tonight.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
Smash melee and brawl at mizuumi con! march 23. event starts at 1 pm

Mizuumi-Con at OLLU
411 SW 24th Street
San Antonio, Texas 78207

more info here
pre-reg here

venue fee will be waived if you bring a full setup (CRT TV, Wii/gcn, Brawl/Melee)

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
[quote="Zhea, post: 15374431]
The owner's been asking if we're going to hold tourneys here and seems genuinely interested...[/quote]

Yeah, Franklin wants a big tournament. He's been great in supporting the tournaments I've had. He does of course want a cut.

Ooples is pretty laid back, and I always encourage people to buy from them because there's not really another shop like it in town.

Zhea

Smash Ace
So now I'm at the date stage of trying to figure out a tournament date. I'm looking at end of April to beginning of May on a Saturday. What do people think? Plan on spreading this to the other TO's to try and figure a date that does not clash

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure how much it would affect OoC attendance, but it's probably worth mentioning that a lot of schools have finals at the beginning of May.

Zhea

Smash Ace
Hey all, Ooples will start after 7 tomorrow. Again we need systems and games, they have up to 3 tvs we can use and room to put them up. Hope to see you all there.

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
I'll try to be there today.

Also, if anyone is interested, if you want to play the wifi safe version of project m I can upload the replays in amazing quality. Just throwing that out there.

Zhea

Smash Ace
Hey due to dumb bull**** ooples is canceled, doing locals at my place. I live at montage point 3601 magic drive,". Give me A call at 3158826130 it you need help finding it

Zhea

Smash Ace
Hey All, Ooples at 7pm tonight. Bring yo systems, hide yo wives, you know the drill. For those that don't, the local melee community meets at Ooples every Friday and Saturday. Ooples is located at:7460 Callaghan Rd #410, San Antonio, TX 78229. Saturday is looking like a go, as well, I'll make a post on it later.

Zhea

Smash Ace
TRI-TRI-TRIPLE POST. Sorry mods, need to make sure this shows up in peoples feeds. Ooples will be at 7pm tonight(Saturday). Same **** as before. BTW if you are planning on coming I would really appreciate a post on here or the FB group. It lets me judge attendance. Even if you are a maybe, please post.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Well, do you want more people or just S.O.S.? Especially with better players like me or most of Austin and some of Houston's better players.

Zhea

Smash Ace
Well, do you want more people or just S.O.S.? Especially with better players like me or most of Austin and some of Houston's better players.
Well this is his tournament not mine. Mine will be Saturday. Just a Saturday further down the road (now looking like late may due to life stuff), because I want to make sure that the quality of the experience makes it worth peoples time to comeback again..

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
Hey sybawave how many tournaments have you won? How many times have you beaten Doh or Xelic or caveman or jake13 or kal or austinrc or any other player that has also won tournaments in a tournament? I didn't think so.

But instead of internet debate let's have a 60$ mm. you down? 3 of 5. We can even record it ;)

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Hey sybawave how many tournaments have you won? How many times have you beaten Doh or Xelic or caveman or jake13 or kal or austinrc or any other player that has also won tournaments in a tournament? I didn't think so.

But instead of internet debate let's have a 60$ mm. you down? 3 of 5. We can even record it ;)
Just saying, you can barely beat a crappy Luigi player, what chance do you honestly think you have of beating someone like me?

And if anyone had a penny for every time that S.O.S. has money matched someone and then not done it, we'd probably be able to do 3 or 4 $60 money matches.

MT_

Smash Ace
Remember the good old days Von when you would ask me to MM at every smashfest and tournament and I'd always ***** out? I miss those days...

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Nope not at all. What're you talking about? You've beaten me in so many money matches me. That's why I never accept them when I know they're better than me. This is totally different. It'll be like taking candy from an S.O.S.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
ooohhhh, sh** talk on the boards. now I definately have to show up. munching on a couple of bags o' doritos.

I would money match somebody, but instead I think I will wager chips.
I buy a bag, you buy a bag, and we go 3 of 5 to see who gets 'em.

THUNDER-P GETTIN HYPED

Sybawave

Smash Ace
The match against Admiral, the 10 bags, that was my side bet lolol I'm not even sure if she'd agree to do that MM yet lmfao....

I was just going to give her the chips to do that MM. So no loss for her.

Top Bottom