• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Melee thread: We have a scene again!

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
It looks like we have an active scene again! Rejoice, for Melee has survived the dark ages.

Join the facebook groups:

Texas Melee

San Antonio Melee

(Just use the search bar lol, and one of us will approve you)

Players:

Wanna play Melee? My number is 210 723 5386.

Suggestions for this thread? PM me.

Last edited:

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
I've wanted to revive melee since i came to find it dead Lol

K1T3

Smash Lord
<3
Finally

So since SOS is off Sundays and Mondays I figure I can see about getting some smashfests together on one of those days. (not sure if I can do it this coming week but will let yall know) Another alternative is maybe Forkgirl is willing to host some smashfests? Either way, we need to find a way to get SOS to leave his place. It is not the best equipped or in the most ideal location for people to be going over there to smash.

So I have no idea who at UTSA is still playing melee or even if any of them would be willing to smash outside of UTSA, but I can think of a lot of players that at least did play melee. Kyle you should look into talking to all the old UTSA melee peeps. As far as other people that Kyle didn't already list though

Willing to smash (most of which don't smashboards)
CLNR
Touk
Gale
Fyre
KPD
OT
Espy

Maybe willing to smash
MrC
Smiles
Nike20

These are just the ones I know of. If yall play/talk to more melee people we need to get them more involved and smashing more too.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
:( @ not being on either list. I also have a group of 3-5 people willing to play Melee.

I'm more than willing to play Melee, no problem.
I just need to play with competent people, because playing Melee by myself is boring.

Just give me information and I'll see what I can do.

K1T3

Smash Lord
Espy I added you =)
You always talk about how boring melee is and how you don't like playing it anymore... so...
But if you're up for it I seem to play melee about once a week lately with a couple friends.
PM me your number and I can give you a call next time there's some smash. If it's not a big melee smashfest and just a few of us then I'm sure a few matches of 64 and Brawl would be fine as well. My friends normally get tired of anything that's not Melee, Starcraft, or Go pretty quickly though but as I said I'm sure a few matches would be fine.

Kyle you should maybe mention the melee tourney of Mizumicon here?

Anyone else that wants to smash feel free to PM me or call. If you need my number I can send it to you =)

Edit: since DoH hadn't posted yet as I was typing...
where was this when i was in SA last weekend?

FML.
You should really tell me these things.... I would've created a nice 15ish person smashfest for you bringing out all the old melee peeps that used to **** face....

Also what is FML?

You're Sheik now?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Espy I added you =)
You always talk about how boring melee is and how you don't like playing it anymore... so...
But if you're up for it I seem to play melee about once a week lately with a couple friends.
I definately enjoy Brawl over Melee...

But Melee is still fun as hell when I got people to play with.
Yeah, I'll PM you my number so you can call whenever a fest is set up.

K1T3

Smash Lord
I definately enjoy Brawl over Melee...

But Melee is still fun as hell when I got people to play with.
Yeah, I'll PM you my number so you can call whenever a fest is set up.
Enjoying both games is fine =)
I normally don't set up big fests too often as it takes lots of effort to get a good day where people are off and to get TVs and to call everyone, so I generally just play against my friends CLNR(Falco/Marth player about same level as me, will probably pass me soon since he's still trying to get better and I havn't played seriously since brawl came out) and Touk (a Samus/Sheik/Falco player not quite as good but he's got everything important down) and when Gale isn't busy he shows up too.
So if you're cool with randomly set up last minute(about 3ish hrs notice) fests those are fairly frequent and I can call you.
If you just want me to call you on the occasions I gets more people though that's cool too.
Just let me.

Also we normally play at Touk's apt since it's the more central location for almost any SA player, plus it has a decent amount of space and 2 nice sized TVs already set up without having to bring any. He lives off NW Military

Nike.

Smash Hero
The melee people should go to Gamelot every wednesday. Lately theres only 2 brawl tv's and the rest of the room is empty. And Gamelot has somewhere around 13ish tv's collecting dust.

Is touk the purple samus? His apartment smashfest was off the freakin chain.

Ive been without my phone for the past month but I got it back today. And I should be free most of spring break ;D

K1T3

Smash Lord
The melee people should go to Gamelot every wednesday. Lately theres only 2 brawl tv's and the rest of the room is empty. And Gamelot has somewhere around 13ish tv's collecting dust.

Is touk the purple samus? His apartment smashfest was off the freakin chain.

Ive been without my phone for the past month but I got it back today. And I should be free most of spring break ;D
Yeah touk is the purple samus, he's getting pretty good with sheik now too, I don't know if you could beat him now.

Gamelot is too far is why we don't go there... we can just play at Chris's(Touk) and it's not like there will be other melee players there...

So I watched the Livestream for Revival of Melee all day...
**** was pretty awesome.
Mango is still the best player at melee since Ken (M2K has never been the best at melee as he could never beat Mango...)
Peach isn't a very good character =(
Chudat is amazing as hell.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I wouldn't mind playing some Smash on Monday.

Time and place, and I'll see what I can do.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I guess you can add me to the list.

My Melee game is so bad it makes my Brawl game look like M2K's Brawl game, but I still find it fun to be pwned in Melee. XD It's fast enough that I still enjoy it.

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
my addy

5335 glen ridge DR apt# 2512 down for smashing around 3pm? let me know if u guys can make it :p 2morrow of course due to gf time lol

K1T3

Smash Lord
my addy

5335 glen ridge DR apt# 2512 down for smashing around 3pm? let me know if u guys can make it :p 2morrow of course due to gf time lol
We should just do it at my friend Chris's place...
Your place doesn't have very much space and only one TV and even if there's more TV's the place isn't set up in any kind of way that people would be able to sit comfortably for playing on any extra set up TVs(at least that I can remember)

Chris's place comes with 2 nice sized TVs already set up and a nice table aready lined up to add a few more, with enough space and chairs and the like. Plus it's a more central location so no one ends up having to drive 30 min just to get there.

2430 NW Military Dr, 78230 is the address.

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
Yeah touk is the purple samus, he's getting pretty good with sheik now too, I don't know if you could beat him now.

Gamelot is too far is why we don't go there... we can just play at Chris's(Touk) and it's not like there will be other melee players there...

So I watched the Livestream for Revival of Melee all day...
**** was pretty awesome.
Mango is still the best player at melee since Ken (M2K has never been the best at melee as he could never beat Mango...)
Peach isn't a very good character =(
Chudat is amazing as hell.
i only saw thee best partss which ***** due to work but ummmm....i think it was you who sai kdj would **** mango.....? Hahahahah well you must have seen mango take his money in that money match Lol raaaaape

K1T3

Smash Lord
was he going to have a smashfest tomorrow?
He said he was, but I'll confirm in a bit. I'm about to go over there for a starcraft lan.

i only saw thee best partss which ***** due to work but ummmm....i think it was you who sai kdj would **** mango.....? Hahahahah well you must have seen mango take his money in that money match Lol raaaaape
Yeah that was some nice ****. Mango is too good.
Though when I had said that I was refering to KDJ in his prime. Right now he's no where near as good as he was before. As is the case with most melee players nowadays.

So you up for some smash tomorrow?

Nike.

Smash Hero
Alex... I just realized that the fox in your avatar is holding a light saber

Please have my babies

KM, we need to get some friendlies. It's been too long D:

K1T3

Smash Lord
Yes join the melee crowd!

Everyone have fun at SoS's tomorrow. Seems my car decided to not really work now.....

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
Yes join the melee crowd!

Everyone have fun at SoS's tomorrow. Seems my car decided to not really work now.....
johns lol :p but i have to use one to because tomorrow was stolen from me due to my friend susies b day. which is ok because smash isnt going anywhere

K1T3

Smash Lord
johns lol :p but i have to use one to because tomorrow was stolen from me due to my friend susies b day. which is ok because smash isnt going anywhere
Haha, nice. Well melee is trying to revive anyways. We'll make it work soon hopefully.

Tell Susie I said Happy B-day.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I probably can't play smash today, but I can likely tomorrow.

I'm gonna be at the drafthouse tonight, if Gale is there I maybe get to smashfest through him? It depends on what my friends want to do tonight. I always hang with them on monday and they get mad if I change things.

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
weeeeeeell i work today from like not to 9pm so gaaaaaaaaay idk wha time you guys are playing till or if ill still feel like playing by then

ps im picking up shiek! Haha

Mr.C

Smash Master
smashfest? will there be nude girls? nude betty? jfs boobs?

god**** batman

K1T3

Smash Lord
smashfest? will there be nude girls? nude betty? jfs boobs?

god**** batman
I'm glad I get this =)

sheik + fox = all you need :p
Marth, Flaco, and Peach are unnecessary =P

I need to find out how to beat fox... he beats my chars though =(

Once my car is working again I'ma try and get a good sized smashfest up since peeps are coming back.

Zulu seems to be in town too and expressed interest in the next Mizumi tourney too so I'll try and get a hold of him.

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
i need to start playing people soon before i go to mango juice

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
BIG IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL ATTENDEES OF MIZUUMI CON!

Ok, so this tournament just got seriously gimped............

I just talked to Cliff, and while he is bringing Tv's and stuff, apparently we only have from 10 am to 8 pm. So we can only now do Brawl and SF4...... also, I'm not so sure about the discount anymore.

This pisses me off that the convention people never bothered to get in touch with me even though they have my contact info.

I have some good news though..... Cliff did mention sponsorship and something about a few hundred dollars being thrown into the pot.

There will be some serious changes to this thread very soon, but I'm sorry for everyone that was looking forward to this being a major event. I regret not just having a normal Gamelot monthly like I've had every month since August 08. Crap like this happening has made me more determined to kick it up to the next level.

At this point I don't even want to host tournaments anymore at this convention because no one wanted to tell this to me. If I had known these were the hours beforehand I wouldn't have even agreed to it.

***I may consider moving this event to Gamelot!***

I will be updating as soon as I get everything figured out. Again, I apologize for things not going as planned.

Mr.C

Smash Master

If I had my effing gc I'd actually be practicing right now >:|

Top Bottom