• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
This... didn't turn out as bad as I thought it would...

[collapse=Other M compared to Brawl]
[/collapse]

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean, ****, Ridley isn't even in Hunters, and I'm not sure how Prime 3 disproves Ridley at all since he changes size throughout that exact game.
Something along the lines of...

They must not have played these games because Rundas, Sylux, Trace (of all people), etc, are clearly better character choices than Ridley will ever be.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

[/collapse]
YEAH, this is what i asked for a lot of pages ago, you F****** NAILED IT!!

And i'm sorry i have to say this, but his body looks more fitting than the brawl one. don't kill me.
I hate to say it...but his Other M model really does make him so much less awkward when it comes to design. Mainly the neck.

Could we have a comparison with Bowser and a couple others?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
While I agree it looks less awkward, I still like the colors better in the brawl one. just imo.

Amazing work, as usual.
I hope that they use both models in Smash. That would make my day. I mean, his wings are a different color, so there wouldn't even be a problem on the 3DS screen. Unfortunately, I doubt he's going to do it, but still.

At the very least, recolor with his orange wings and darker purple?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I agree with the sentiment about Other M Ridley, it really does fit more into the comparisons then its Brawl counterpart. If they just tweaked the flaws with the design along with making the colors less subdued, I think it could look really good in the game.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
That made laugh soo hard you had to have based that of this right?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8P84ksh7dB4

UltimateWario's Handy Guide to Making an Anti-Ridley Video

Part 1
Part 2

They must not have played these games because Rundas, Sylux, Trace (of all people), etc, are clearly better character choices than Ridley will ever be.
Clearly he is stupid for wanting trace, sylux, weavel and didnt even mention Kanden, Spire or Noxus......

Clearly he never has played any Mario Party games before......

Do i sound like him?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It stinks knowing that I don't have Metroid Other M (not that I ever planned on getting the game), and I can't even use the models that the Models Resource has available for download.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Ewww... I've played those games, and all the seperate Hunters are really overhyped imo, especially Sylux. I can guarantee that guy that a character like Sylux or Rundas who is so minor in the grand scheme of all Metroid things would not make a better character to represent the franchise.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

[/collapse]
This is just beautiful, I'm glad to see a Other M Ridley comparison, because I always knew that version would work better in Smash. Seriously, if anyone says Ridley couldn't work after seeing this, they are in serious denial.

D

Deleted member

Every time I see Angelglory make a new post, I never expect it to be better than the last.
And every time that happens, I'm always wrong. :awesome:

That comparison image....just ****ing perfect.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I still think Super Metroid Ridley looks better, but this should be plenty enough to at least convince people that this is way better than no Ridley.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Fix the beak, get rid of the Spikes of Villainy, make his arms not make Donkey Kong look like a droopy-eyed, armless child, tone those colors way the **** down, make his wings orange, and...that'd be a pretty solid fit for Smash.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I could live with the Other M design. I never really thought it was that bad.

Morbi

Scavenger
Sakurai usually attempts to keep the roster's character designs cohesive, so I have no doubt that we will get Other M Ridley. I don't really see the problem, as long as it doesn't look awkward.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
It wouldn't be nearly so bad if he wasn't so goddamn purple. Ridley's supposed to be grey-purple, not Barbie's Dreamhouse purple. Those pink spikes don't help, either.

Last edited:

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman

[/collapse]
Ya other M ridley looks so much better, They could just make meta ridley and brawl ridley an alternate costume. The ridley in other M just looks menacing and more muscular

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I actually like the more muscular look Other M Ridley's skin/body has to it. Could do without the pink spikes and DK sized arms though, and what everyone else said on the head/beak, though I do kinda like the pterodactyl look it has to it.

Oh, and no trails of green blood please, because that would look nasty in Smash.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Other M Ridley seems kinda bleh. But if this is how we're gonna get Ridley as a playable character, then I can live with it. Just subdue his color scheme a little more. Right now he looks like something a magical unicorn **** out.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I still think we should get a composite version of Ridley, both mixing elements of his Metroid Other M and Super Metroid look.

yosharioIII

Smash Apprentice
Other M design has really grown on me, personally. And it looks much less awkward in comparison. The only thing that still kinda bugs me is that his pterasaur beak looks a bit too... duck-ish in Other M. But yeah, a composite version of both designs would be neato.

And also, I basically commented the youtube version of a strongly worded letter to the fellow with the over reactive anti-Ridley video. He replied to me with this:

It doesn't matter if he is popular or not. He is Big. Don't bring up Bowser or Olimar like every ridley idiot did because it's a different situation. Ridley has been a Boss and needs to stay a Boss. You CAN'T scale Ridley down. It doesn't look right and just butchering the character. Leave him be.

Funny how his only standing point is "Ridley is big, and if he isn't he's being butchered", and how he says do disregard the best example of how size "butchering" doesn't matter and smash? Oh! And of course, "It doesn't matter if he is popular or not", not just popular though. I mentioned how significant Ridley is. There's no convincing him it seems... Plus I called him rude for calling Ridley supporters idiots and f*gs. Not once did I insult anyone who doesn't like Ridley.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Just post the url of the Other Ridley comparison seen above.

It won't shut him up, but it'll be like rubbing his nose in dog****, something he severely needs.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

[/collapse]
That is just perfect. There are no words to describe how amazing that Other M Ridley model looks now. For a long time I vastly preferred the Super Metroid look, and while I still really like it I wouldn't mind at all if Ridley was playable in his newest look.

Other M design has really grown on me, personally. And it looks much less awkward in comparison. The only thing that still kinda bugs me is that his pterasaur beak looks a bit too... duck-ish in Other M. But yeah, a composite version of both designs would be neato.

And also, I basically commented the youtube version of a strongly worded letter to the fellow with the over reactive anti-Ridley video. He replied to me with this:

It doesn't matter if he is popular or not. He is Big. Don't bring up Bowser or Olimar like every ridley idiot did because it's a different situation. Ridley has been a Boss and needs to stay a Boss. You CAN'T scale Ridley down. It doesn't look right and just butchering the character. Leave him be.

Funny how his only standing point is "Ridley is big, and if he isn't he's being butchered", and how he says do disregard the best example of how size "butchering" doesn't matter and smash? Oh! And of course, "It doesn't matter if he is popular or not", not just popular though. I mentioned how significant Ridley is. There's no convincing him it seems... Plus I called him rude for calling Ridley supporters idiots and f*gs. Not once did I insult anyone who doesn't like Ridley.
I haven't seen this video, but from looking at what he said right there I'm going to assume that he's a mere troll. And what does he mean by "changing Olimar and Bowser was a different situation"? Olimar is defined by being small and Bowser is one of the most famous bosses in video game history. If he's going to call Metroid/Ridley fans idiots despite not having played a Metroid game before, then he's really only looking for attention.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Dang, that Other M Ridley actually looks pretty cool. I just don't like the duck face thing it's got going on. If they fixed that, Ridley would look really cool.

Also this a portion of a short chat I had with my friend on Steam. Read at own risk.

Friend: also I don't understand why people want ridley in
Friend: that's like asking for that giant whale at the end of Link's Awakening to be in the game
Friend: he's too huge and doesn't really make sense
Winter Coat Jackalope: *twitch*

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
I do like the other M look a lot. The color/body/spikes don't bother me at all but I do hope they change the face up just a smidge ^^

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Yeah, it's not like we won't have color swaps, even if his primary one is that gross vomit-y purple/pink. We'll probably get Red (Super Art), Black (Zero), Grey/Purple (Brawl/Super), Meta colors, and Blue and Green Team costumes.

El Fonz0

Smash Apprentice
His Blue costume could be Ridley X
Also a costume based on Ice Ridley from Nintendo Land

D

Deleted member

Yeah, it's not like we won't have color swaps, even if his primary one is that gross vomit-y purple/pink. We'll probably get Red (Super Art), Black (Zero), Grey/Purple (Brawl/Super), Meta colors, and Blue and Green Team costumes.
Instead of the eyesore shade of purple, Sakurai could easily go with the Dead or Alive Dimensions color scheme.

Looks much better with a darker shade.

Top Bottom