• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
well day one of looking into it I found

- how would he get into contact with the leaker by the time he found out he was legit he was gone. There was one site I found where chaoszero posted about the leak that still up but the site does not let you on people profiles. Just wondering how he got in touch with him and got his chat.

- I am still in the process of looking for chaos zero( prob wont find him, but I did get lucky before when I looked up someone to discredit a psasbr leak) with little to no luck.

anywa does anyone know the poster username that claimed he spoke to zero, I remember it starting with a y.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
I've decided to try another approach with Ridley's size comparison, with the Battlefield stage being involved. No t-poses used.

There are two versions of the image, with the platforms being absent for the first version.

Why didn't you put in Samus?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
It's funny how Sylux is always chosen because everyone thinks it's his ship at the end of Prime 3 and that he's going to be super important to the franchise.

Although, I certainly wouldn't mind Sylux and Samus forming a partnership, since the Federation, as of Fusion, has pretty much ****ed Samus directly up the tailpipe like three times, and Sylux hates the Federation for what could be the very same reasons.

then it turns out to be her dad or something, dun dun dun, other m moment
There's a theory out there that suggests that Sylux is actually a girl. I didn't pay much attention to it at first, but then I noticed that Sylux has some...unusual hips for someone who's supposedly a man.

Perhaps it isn't Samus's dad, but rather her MOTHER?

Xhampi

Smash Lord
To make her parents come back from the dead would be a very bad idea I think, I mean their death is one of the main reasons who make Samus choose to be a bounty hunter, just imagine if Batman's parents were to come back from the dead.

Also we all know what happen the last time the Metroid series tried to have someone other than Ridley come back from the dead :
-I can't take Mother Brain seriously since the whole MB story.
-I lost any respect I had for Adam and he is now one of my most hated video game characters.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Is it bad that I think he looks too small here? It would be better in my opinion to use some sort of Other M model (not that that is necessarily available), but he should probably be bigger than Bowser. I mean his head should be higher than Bowsers, not his wings.

It probably doesn't help that it's the Super Metroid version. He just looks weird. I don't know why.
It's important to keep in mind though that Ridley can't really stand like a human, so even though he may be tall, Ridley ends up standing in a hunched position, which makes it appear that he's a shorter character. This applies to Donkey Kong as well.

Why didn't you put in Samus?
I'll probably do another revision later, with Samus included.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Okay, here's another Ridley size comparison revision on the Battlefield stage, with Samus being included. No t-poses used.

I've altered Ridley's posture a bit, and as usual, there are two versions of the image, with the first lacking the platforms.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Yusuke001, the topic he posted was this one here, hopefully it helps: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68373377
Okay I just went through this whole topic.

Here's what Yusuke001 actually said about his source, and specifically, how this should be read:

I was intentionally leaving the username out, there were multiple leakers that were proven right.

Chaos_Zer0 and PortraitofRuin come to mind in terms of Smash and other game leaks,

I don't know if NyaseNya ever posted on Gamefaqs, but I know she leaked info on the Smashboards.

All 3 of these people were pretty much treated like crap by mods, posters, or both on both sites.
And of note, this was the only time Yusuke001 mentioned Chaos_Zer0.

He didn't say Chaos_Zer0 was his source. He cited Chaos_Zer0 and two other people as successful leakers. Yusuke001 never stated who his source actually was! It's like what somebody else in that topic said:

that all sounds so vague:

"I have a pseudo friend I talk to twice a year about Smash leaks and he told me [so and so]"

everyone here: THAT MUST BE CHAOSZERO, EVERYTHING IS TRUE!!ONE!!!
So as far as we all know, this isn't Chaos_Zer0 at all, the supposed leaker remains anonymous, and this really isn't a good "leak" to be honest. =/

well Yusuke001 has 36 karma oon gamefaq
See, now you're making Smashboards look bad. Gotta double-check.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Yusuke001/boards

Currently has 2666 Karma. Although that means very little on its own.

BTW, I have 4254 Karma. :)

El Fonz0

Smash Apprentice
Okay, here's another Ridley size comparison revision on the Battlefield stage, with Samus being included. No t-poses used.

I've altered Ridley's posture a bit, and as usual, there are two versions of the image, with the first lacking the platforms.

Hmm
I'd like to see RIdley a little larger, but more hunched over. His torso seems rather small, compared to Samus

UltimateWario

Smash Master
@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy

I honestly thought the first one looked fine. Everyone's just being picky. :laugh:

Perhaps it isn't Samus's dad, but rather her MOTHER?
God help us all.

To make her parents come back from the dead would be a very bad idea I think, I mean their death is one of the main reasons who make Samus choose to be a bounty hunter, just imagine if Batman's parents were to come back from the dead.

Also we all know what happen the last time the Metroid series tried to have someone other than Ridley come back from the dead :
-I can't take Mother Brain seriously since the whole MB story.
-I lost any respect I had for Adam and he is now one of my most hated video game characters.
100% agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

Although I'm very interested in seeing the Aurora Units make a return. Such a cool concept, and such an awesome way to reintroduce Mother Brain. I mean, Sakamoto had those laying right in front of him, but "Noooooo, make her an android or something!". Bleck.

Metroid 5 (3DS) Predictions/Hopes:
  • Huge, unique world, maybe multiple planets ala Prime 3?
  • Plenty of power-ups, with about a quarter/half of them being brand new, the rest staples
  • Story conveyed through actions in-game like Fusion/Super Metroid rather than cutscenes and dialogue like Other M
  • Fusion Suit elaboration, maybe Samus restores her suit to normal somehow
  • No mention of Adam ever
  • We get pre-Other M Samus back (as in, she doesn't narrate every little thing that happens and actually does important things while being a badass)
  • Reintroduction of the Federation as a threat to Samus and perhaps the entire Galaxy; however, there is also an offshoot organization that is still "good", lead by Admiral Dane from Prime 3 (if anyone should've been a father figure to Samus, it's this old badass, not that whiny prick Adam), with maybe Sylux as a member or leader
  • Free candy for everyone

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yeah, Ridley can be a Little bigger, and his wings will probably be smaller (getting bigger when he flies, like what I Think happens to Charizard a Little). ^^

And just for fun, since Ridley is my most wanted character, here's a moveset I could see.

Special: His usual Plasma/Fire Breath, works different from the usual FlameThrowers. More like 5 plasma/fire beams shot diagonally in front of him quickly.
Side Special: Grab. Ridley grabs a foe with his feet, and like DK can walk with his doe, Ridley can fly a few times with them, then throwing them in any direction.
Down Special: Camouflage. Ridley turns invisible (Eyes still visible) for a short time. Becomes visible when hit or when hitting.
Up Special: his recovery is already good with jumps, so his Up would be a Roar that stuns foes and turns Close arial foes into helpless mode.
Final Smash: Great Charge. The move me makes when destroying the station in the start of Super Metroid.

In the very least, I want that Grab move. In the very least X2, I just want him playable~

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

Looks better. If he was beefier like the Other M version, it might look even better to me.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
Most of us seem to have come to terms with this. I personally don't really care either way, sure I'd prefer the Super Metroid or Zero Mission design by a hundred miles, but the Other M design, while hideous by Ridley standards, still looks cool. If they at least fix the beak like you suggest, then I wouldn't care at all that they chose the Other M design, though I'm not expecting them to.
Thank you.
Oh yeah? Are you the effin' Ridleyinsmashbrosologist? Should I look for your name in the credits? Did you make that call? Are you designing him?

Don't you come in here all self-assured like you know what's going on. Sakurai will do as he pleases, and he will use the Ridley that suits him.
You're being ignorant. Read my post again and pay attention. It was never Ridley's size that mattered, it was always his body structure. Other Ridley designs from other Metroid titles besides Other M cannot work. Why can't you just understand? In order for Ridley to work in Super Smash Bros, he must have a bulky appearance. In theory, the designing team of Other M Ridley may have thought that Ridley deserved to be in Smash Bros and could have given Ridley that design for that exact reason in case another Smash Bros title was planned to be made, which is and was planned by the designing team of Other M Ridley all along. I want Super Metroid or Zero Mission Ridley just as much as the next guy but its just not going to happen and you need to accept it before you get hurt.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
You're being ignorant. Read my post again and pay attention. It was never Ridley's size that mattered, it was always his body structure. Other Ridley designs from other Metroid titles besides Other M cannot work. Why can't you just understand? In order for Ridley to work in Super Smash Bros, he must have a bulky appearance. In theory, the designing team of Other M Ridley may have thought that Ridley deserved to be in Smash Bros and could have given Ridley that design for that exact reason in case another Smash Bros title was planned to be made, which is and was planned by the designing team of Other M Ridley all along. I want Super Metroid or Zero Mission Ridley just as much as the next guy but its just not going to happen and you need to accept it before you get hurt.

Thanks, professor. If we get Ridley, yeah, it's probably going to be Other M Ridley. But to say that the others flat out wouldn't work no matter what is stupid. Stop stating opinion as fact.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I'll be as stubborn, biased, and ignorant as I want. You lose points for a serious response to a melodramatic post, and for proposing the notion that Other M Ridley was theoretically designed to be used in a Smash game.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy

I honestly thought the first one looked fine. Everyone's just being picky. :laugh:

God help us all.

100% agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

Although I'm very interested in seeing the Aurora Units make a return. Such a cool concept, and such an awesome way to reintroduce Mother Brain. I mean, Sakamoto had those laying right in front of him, but "Noooooo, make her an android or something!". Bleck.

• Plenty of power-ups, with about a quarter/half of them being brand new, the rest staples
  • Story conveyed through actions in-game like Fusion/Super Metroid rather than cutscenes and dialogue like Other M
  • We get pre-Other M Samus back (as in, she doesn't narrate every little thing that happens and actually does important things while being a badass)
  • Reintroduction of the Federation as a threat to Samus and perhaps the entire Galaxy; however, there is also an offshoot organization that is still "good", lead by Admiral Dane from Prime 3 (if anyone should've been a father figure to Samus, it's this old badass, not that whiny prick Adam), with maybe Sylux as a member or leader
This, and they should make every planet to have at least 3 sub-areas to explore, and that would make the game even bigger, also it's time already that the Hunters get some attention, they have potential, especially Sylux with all that GF betrayal and his unknow identity.

I remember that Miyamoto said he would like to revisit the Hunters, if that happens we may get another more current character in the Metroid franchise, and possibly that character playable in future Smash Bros. games? we may know in the future.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman

Thanks, professor. If we get Ridley, yeah, it's probably going to be Other M Ridley. But to say that the others flat out wouldn't work no matter what is stupid. Stop stating opinion as fact.
I never said I stated my opinion as fact, I'm stating what I believe. I just hated how he responded to my post. My message is, Other M Ridley is better then no Ridley at all.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I never said I stated my opinion as fact, I'm stating what I believe. I just hated how he responded to my post. My message is, Other M Ridley is better then no Ridley at all.
Well, of course, I agree entirely, but the way I was seeing it, you were telling us that any Ridley other than Other Ridley would not work under any circumstance, which isn't true.

I may have misunderstood, however, and, if I did, I'm sorry.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Okay I just went through this whole topic.

Here's what Yusuke001 actually said about his source, and specifically, how this should be read:

And of note, this was the only time Yusuke001 mentioned Chaos_Zer0.

He didn't say Chaos_Zer0 was his source. He cited Chaos_Zer0 and two other people as successful leakers. Yusuke001 never stated who his source actually was! It's like what somebody else in that topic said:

So as far as we all know, this isn't Chaos_Zer0 at all, the supposed leaker remains anonymous, and this really isn't a good "leak" to be honest. =/

See, now you're making Smashboards look bad. Gotta double-check.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Yusuke001/boards

Currently has 2666 Karma. Although that means very little on its own.

BTW, I have 4254 Karma. :)
the profile I seen said 36, anyway I think i found chaos zero so we should see if he was his source

Xhampi

Smash Lord
So who's for a playable Ridley in the next Metroid game ?
I want to bring death and destruction to the universe and galactic federation >=D

Maybe a story between Metroid Prime 3 and Super Metroid, the final boss could even be the battle between Ridley and Samus at the beggining of Super Metroid after that Ridley succeed to get the baby Metroid.

Just to be able to play from the space pirate point of view for once could be fun.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I want to bring death and destruction to the universe and galactic federation >=D

Maybe a story between Metroid Prime 3 and Super Metroid, the final boss could even be the battle between Ridley and Samus at the beggining of Super Metroid after that Ridley succeed to get the baby Metroid.

Just to be able to play from the space pirate point of view for once could be fun.
I'd buy it.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
This whole ChaosZero thing reminds me, did he ever say where he worked in Nintendo, or at least if he worked in Japan or America? Depending on that, that would affect his access to this type of information at this point in time.

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
This whole ChaosZero thing reminds me, did he ever say where he worked in Nintendo, or at least if he worked in Japan or America? Depending on that, that would affect his access to this type of information at this point in time.
CZ never said he worked at Nintendo. Rather, he got his information from another source, and considering he didn't believe his own source until what they told him about the stage builder came true, it would suggest he isn't even that close to them. I'd guess that his source were play testers of some sort, which is where leaks generally come from.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

There should at least be some cutscenes though. They're good if done right and fine in Metroid if used in just bits and pieces like the Prime games or something, and Samus narrating/doing monologue isn't exactly exclusive to Other M.

Dane I certainly wouldn't mind seeing return, whether it's as a replacement father figure or not. All this talk of Sylux though just makes me want to see Weavel more again; the other badass cybernetic pirate besides Meta-Ridley.

Agree on the rest. As for the Aurora Units though, I'd only be fine with 'em coming back if you don't have to put up with listening to one throughout most of the game. Seriously, having to deal with AU 242's blabbing when replaying Prime 3 annoyed me more than Adam ever did. And frankly, it was a missed opportunity on Retro's part as far as not having Mother Brain in Prime 3. Do you know how awesome a twist it would've been if AU 313 (the one Dark Samus and the pirates captured that was the final boss) turned out to be Mother all along, and after you bested Dark Samus on Phaaze, you would see Mother reveal herself in all her glory? (Mother Brain controls Metroids, and Dark Samus is technically part Metroid or was originally one, so it'd make sense)

I remember that Miyamoto said he would like to revisit the Hunters, if that happens we may get another more current character in the Metroid franchise, and possibly that character playable in future Smash Bros. games? we may know in the future.
It'll be hard for me to accept said Metroid character (or hunter, whatever) in Smash with open arms in the future if we still don't get Ridley. :\

I've advocated for this kinda game for the longest time. Wish it was a more popular idea like Ridley being in Smash or something talked about more, if anything.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
CZ never said he worked at Nintendo. Rather, he got his information from another source, and considering he didn't believe his own source until what they told him about the stage builder came true, it would suggest he isn't even that close to them. I'd guess that his source were play testers of some sort, which is where leaks generally come from.
Ah, thanks.

That actually makes me even more skeptical, now we're dealing with someone who says they know someone credible who had a source for his information, a source who we don't know anything about, if he's even still at Nintendo at the moment or even if it's the same guy and he's telling the truth. That's quite a bit of an "if" game at the moment, particularly since unlike last time there's no supporting evidence to back this rumor, it's just one guy's hearsay.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Do these faux-gangsta YouTube celeb wannabes honestly believe that, the louder and more often they put the words 'Ridley,' 'big,' and 's***' in the same sentence, the more convincing they are??

I attempted to enlighten him about his Too Bigotry in the comments section. Let's see how he responds.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Do these faux-gangsta YouTube celeb wannabes honestly believe that, the louder and more often they put the words 'Ridley,' 'big,' and 's***' in the same sentence, the more convincing they are??

I attempted to enlighten him about his Too Bigotry in the comments section. Let's see how he responds.
Considering he calls every dislike "a Ridley ***", I would imagine it won't do any good.

I simply told him I'd see him again when I was playing as Ridley in Smash 4.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Has anyone seen this?
"Have you noticed something about these Ridley people?"

Well, I don't know about you, but I've noticed that the vast majority of Anti-Ridley supporters have a horrifyingly large amount of grammatical errors. What a peculiar trend.

Top Bottom