• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You should look at the Ridley-related drawings that the following Miiverse user makes...

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/shinryu101

Example

You need Miiverse access to see them all though. That user's depiction of Ridley may be cartoonish in nature, but at least he actually tries to make Ridley appear smaller in size.

Edit: To save you guys some trouble...

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That guy is spreading the "Too Bigot" name I coined on Miiverse! That makes me giddy in a number of ways.

Crocovile

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad you guys liked it, tried to keep his design a cross between Other M and Zero Mission; Something Lean, yet powerful and ready to snap the competition in two.

Those other miiverse posts are great, though I think Ridley's face is a bit too short, makes him look like some generic dragon.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
No way He getting in smash 4 HE'S TOO BIG !
Well, guys, he's right. We should probably just close the thread and give up. :rolleyes:

Have anything to add to the thread, or just come to stir up the War Wasp hive? Because I can assure you that these old birds have plenty of experience fighting wee larva like yourself. -switches to Plasma Beam for maximum penetration-

Last edited:

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Come on guys don't be like that, he just don't know any better.

Ask yourself : What would Ridley do ?

Nevermind exterminate the too biggot !

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I'm not a supporter, but I will say this. If any more come from Metroid, he's the only choice really. I do hope you guys get your dragon though.Just like I'm rooting for my own characters. So far it looks like a couple of them have a good shot.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I'm not a supporter, but I will say this. If any more come from Metroid, he's the only choice really. I do hope you guys get your dragon though.Just like I'm rooting for my own characters. So far it looks like a couple of them have a good shot.
It's nice that not everyone who doesn't support the character doesn't outright hate him.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I can appreciate any post with the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air in it.

See, why can't more people be civil about this kind of stuff? We're just talking about characters in a video game for crying out loud. Anyways, here's to hoping this roster can include as many fan favorites as possible. Ridley included.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I am going to investigate and try to hopeful debunk the chaos zero rumor so wish me luck

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
This is the only place I've seen anything about this Chaos Zero rumor. Not in the Rumors thread. Not on GameFAQs. Not on NeoGAF.
It was briefly in the rumors thread, but was simply brushed off. It's so easy to claim such a thing, it's not even worth paying attention to.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I went to other websites, and god! are full of too-bigots, and a secondary reason i want Ridley in is to see that kind of people go rage-s*** about his inclusion.
I just want all this stupidity originated with Ridley being a boss in Brawl to end.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
CB, is the rightmost picture in your sig from Samus's cut cameo in Superstar Saga?!

I didn't know there were sprites of it! -fansqueal-

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Wow, I always thought the only sprites left over were the ones of Olimar. Sweet.

And yeah, not sure why they cut it. It would've been really cool, especially since the items they gave you were character themed.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I went to other websites, and god! are full of too-bigots, and a secondary reason i want Ridley in is to see that kind of people go rage-s*** about his inclusion.
I just want all this stupidity originated with Ridley being a boss in Brawl to end.
When it comes to "Too Bigots", just try to think of them as a very loud vocal minority. After all, who's regularly in the top five or even top three candidates for newcomers? When it comes to Project M, he's the second most wanted character after Isaac, and that's only because a lot of people are still optimistic about his chances for SSB4.

There's always going to be someone against a popular candidate. I've met people who legitimately do not want K. Rool because: he's too big, he's some dumb green alligator, and that DK's rival is supposed to be Mario.

The majority of Too Bigots are just trolls. The rest of them are just idiots who really don't know any better about this series.

God, thank you! I really get sick of all deep-seated hatred over certain characters, no matter how popular they are, just so that they can think that they're in the "cool" crowd.

Come to think of it, their most favored candidates, if they even want another Metroid rep, are a Space Pirate, Chozo, one-shot Hunter, or Adam. Where the hell are their support threads then?

UltimateWario

Smash Master
It's funny how Sylux is always chosen because everyone thinks it's his ship at the end of Prime 3 and that he's going to be super important to the franchise.

Although, I certainly wouldn't mind Sylux and Samus forming a partnership, since the Federation, as of Fusion, has pretty much ****ed Samus directly up the tailpipe like three times, and Sylux hates the Federation for what could be the very same reasons.

then it turns out to be her dad or something, dun dun dun, other m moment

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
When it comes to "Too Bigots", just try to think of them as a very loud vocal minority. After all, who's regularly in the top five or even top three candidates for newcomers? When it comes to Project M, he's the second most wanted character after Isaac, and that's only because a lot of people are still optimistic about his chances for SSB4.

There's always going to be someone against a popular candidate. I've met people who legitimately do not want K. Rool because: he's too big, he's some dumb green alligator, and that DK's rival is supposed to be Mario.

The majority of Too Bigots are just trolls. The rest of them are just idiots who really don't know any better about this series.

God, thank you! I really get sick of all deep-seated hatred over certain characters, no matter how popular they are, just so that they can think that they're in the "cool" crowd.

Come to think of it, their most favored candidates, if they even want another Metroid rep, are a Space Pirate, Chozo, one-shot Hunter, or Adam. Where the hell are their support threads then?
Thanks for telling me that, my bad that i almost forgot Ridley's place in all tops!
And yeah i also bet Ridley would be the #1 in Project M if i weren't because he still has the chances to be in SSB4,

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
That doesn't mean this one is going to be right, we can't be pessimistic to the point that we believe every single negative rumor. If there's room for doubt, then we have every reason to doubt it, particularly since this rumor has nothing supporting it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've decided to try another approach with Ridley's size comparison, with the Battlefield stage being involved. No t-poses used.

There are two versions of the image, with the platforms being absent for the first version.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
ppl said the same thing on the legit leaks for brawl
Except that ChaosZero had predicted the Draygoon right in great details. He had credibility because of that, so when he leaked the entire roster there was little doubt. With these leaks it's just tons of guys leaking tons of info at once, no legit leakers leak so much info about a game at once.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
It's funny when too bigots come here, since we've basically debunked any possible argument against Ridley.
Besides the possibility of a stage hazard role, but it's pretty low at this point.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
He didn't say it was ChaosZero, it's just that, if he's serious, there's no one it could be except ChaosZero. GameFAQs didn't have any other legitimate leakers before Brawl.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I've decided to try another approach with Ridley's size comparison, with the Battlefield stage being involved. No t-poses used.

There are two versions of the image, with the platforms being absent for the first version.

Is it bad that I think he looks too small here? It would be better in my opinion to use some sort of Other M model (not that that is necessarily available), but he should probably be bigger than Bowser. I mean his head should be higher than Bowsers, not his wings.

It probably doesn't help that it's the Super Metroid version. He just looks weird. I don't know why.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Is it bad that I think he looks too small here? It would be better in my opinion to use some sort of Other M model (not that that is necessarily available), but he should probably be bigger than Bowser. I mean his head should be higher than Bowsers, not his wings.

It probably doesn't help that it's the Super Metroid version. He just looks weird. I don't know why.
I too find that he's too small (l0l). However, I believe that his stance is perfect, but his head should be brought up to Bowser's head.

Top Bottom