• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Things aren't looking too good guys... :c
Because no other characters are being unlocked, even though we haven't reached all the ones in the leak yet?

Newsflash: Not every character is unlocked in the first three hours. Not in any of the Smash Bros. games. The 3DS version may be easier to unlock than the Wii U version (same with Challenges), but I still don't think we're going to see a completed roster in the next hour or two.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Things are looking fine until I see a Ridley trophy/Smash Run boss.

Something just seems off.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I suspect newcomers like Bowser Jr and other veterans will be shown long before Ridley.

Don't give up hope yet, we have done so much here to give it all up.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Stream talk not pertaining to Ridley is no bueno. They still have lots of methods to try out, it'll take a while before we get any major breakthroughs. With how much it was advertised I though Smash Run would be an obvious starting point.
What do you think how the shop for Trophies work? I've seen Wolf trophy unlocked that way, but nobody seems to have bought a Ridley trophy... Was there a PoTD about it being random, or are simply the discounts random?

D

Deleted member 245254

I have no intent on shaming the Ridley crowd if "it" doesn't happen, but if there's one thing I don't want to see is pages beyond pages of whining about how Nintendo had terrible marketing and they were stupid for "teasing him" and a whole host of other completely made up stuff as a result of your bitterness.

It will be a sad day for all, but let's move on and enjoy the amazing game for what it is.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
If anybody's gonna unlock Ridley today, it'll be germa_yue since he/she is actually trying different methods. If not him/her, we'll have to wait until Friday.

Jahnathan

Smash Cadet
I have no intent on shaming the Ridley crowd if "it" doesn't happen, but if there's one thing I don't want to see is pages beyond pages of whining about how Nintendo had terrible marketing and they were stupid for "teasing him" and a whole host of other completely made up stuff as a result of your bitterness.

It will be a sad day for all, but let's move on and enjoy the amazing game for what it is.
Preach it brother.

Notshauna

Smash Cadet
Ridley and Mewtwo are both top tier unlock material so I doubt we'll actually see them tonight, maybe today if these guys maintain their course.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Personally, I don't care if people want to put the blame on someone, Sakurai or not, no one is immune to judgement. But, if things don't come our way, oh well, it is what it is.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

I guarantee you if the thread starts heading in that direction, it'll be immediately locked.

However I don't think you're giving us enough credit here. The majority have already said they'll enjoy the game regardless.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
I suspect newcomers like Bowser Jr and other veterans will be shown long before Ridley.

Don't give up hope yet, we have done so much here to give it all up.
Character unlocks become character specific after a while. Marth will get Lucina, mario gets doc, bowser gets Biwser Jr, Sammy and Zammy get Ridley maybe.

Wraeith

Smash Cadet
I want to see a non-ESRB leak character before I truly begin to speculate. I'm still quite sure Ridley is in the game, but whether or not he's in the 3DS build is another matter entirely for me. I also feel like if there was going to be a trailer for anyone, it'd be Ridley.

Try to keep your expectations low, I certainly am. I'd be quite surprised if we found anything genuinely new after all the leaks.

Side note: WARIO CONFIRMED.
Lucina as well.

Last edited:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
I guarantee you if the thread starts heading in that direction, it'll be immediately locked.

However I don't think you're giving us enough credit here. The majority have already said they'll enjoy the game regardless.
He never gave anyone credit over here...

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
My asian friend unlocked everything and then showed me that the character select theme changes once this is done.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So, interestingly, I didn't see Ridley flying in the background of Brinstar. Does he only fly around briefly or is it constant?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
The stream is done. What now? q_q
We wait... dun Dun DUN!

But seriously it appears we're not gonna find out the fate of Ridley or any other characters at this rate, it seems. So until people leak the final roster (either it being the leaked roster, which I'll be a little bit sad if that is the case, or with more secret characters), we can't really do much. :/

Edit: Seems another stream is available, ignore me.

He wanted to post the fake warning character approaching picture of ridley.
You mean the one in my sig?

Last edited:

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
I really want Ridley. I'm a big Ridley supporter. I just feel like sakurai would be a D*** and not put him in. I don't know why I feel like Ridley isn't in or mewtwo or any other big names. I'm so sad right now. I have high hopes for Ridley but I'm getting really nervous about his possible absence.

I would be so upset if Ridley sing playable. He's been requested top 5 in the west since Melee. How is sakurai not aware of his popularity?

I hope I'm wrong and he is playable. Please I hope I'm wrong. I just want Ridley playable. How is thag so difficult for sakurai? :(

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
Apparently it's been tweeted that Mewtwo is in.

If true, than we know for certain there are more characters than the ESRB leak had.

And if that's true, than even now there is Hope for Ridley!

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Mewtwo seems to be confirmed...
And it seems the Dixie Chorus Kids Mewtwo Ridley was real too...
You're allowed to be hyped, it's just a matter of time now !

AbioFlesh

Smash Lord
Darnit, I have to go to class soon. I don't want to miss out on Confirmidley.

Last edited:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Im supposed to be working while the most interesting part of the leaks are coming aghhh.....

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I guess we can be happy no one has found a Ridley trophy at least.

Last edited:

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
Side note, defeating Classic with bowser didn't unlock the Koopalings

Samus/ZS Samus defeating Classic and not unlocking Ridley means nothing now

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Saying someone is in via text doesn't mean **** right now until we get a video or legit picture.

Last edited:
Top Bottom