• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

CHUBUNATO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CHUBUNATO
3DS FC
2277-6893-1304
**** its going down hard. I would go to sleep but i don't want to miss out on this sexy action. RIDLEY FOREVER NO MATTER WHAT!

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
Well pirates we are close and we should find out soon enough on Ridley's fate from a leaked pic be it good or bad, either way i'm feeling sure we will find out by Monday 100% either way, but just remember

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That fake Ridley picture was awful. Playing with people's emotions just for fun sucks :(
It seemed rather obvious after about 0.5 seconds of looking at it. For a couple reasons. So I didn't get my hopes up yet.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
RIDLEY CONFIRMED!!!

EDIT: Gosh Darn it! Crashboards is messing with my posts! Sorry, false alarm everyone.
Yeah it's fairly obvous it's a fake. It's that sucky Brawl brawl model. Why did they use that one instead of the model of the Ridley everyone thinks is in?

kdubb

Smash Rookie
Ok so maybe it's not the best time as it's very tense for you all right now, but I was hoping someone could give me the Ridley supporters thoughts process on this possibility (It may have already been addressed ,but I'm not gonna run through nearly 2000 pages of posts to find the answer lol.) -

So In the direct, Ridley was teased as a stage boss. The counter I have heard to this is that there is no reason for Sakurai to just TEASE Ridley when he knows how intensely he is wanted as a character. But, in my mind, the tease wasn't a troll, but Sakurai's attempt to create hype that Ridley was appearing as a stage boss in a multiplayer stage.

HYYYYYYPE!!!

Right... Right...? No....?

Of course not. We want him as a character. Duh.

But, Sakurai is certainly not the most aware of his fans in a lot of cases I would say. He could easily have mistakenly thought teasing Ridley as a stage hazard would bring some excitement for Metroid/Smash fans. So in my mind, the most plausible scenario is that Sakurai believed his tease of Ridley WAS showing the fans some fan service. And as it seems to be pretty clear in the direct that is what Ridley is, what do we have against that direct info from Sakurai himself (and yes I have heard the shadow theories and such as well fyi.)?

Love you guys! Good luck in the next 24 hours!

Lord Danongore

Smash Cadet
GodSpeed you glorious bast***rds!

I am honored to call each of you my comrades! I count myself blessed to stand by all of you, side by side, in the final 100, at the end of all things.

Go not quietly into that dark night brothers and sisters! Let's got out with a bang! That's how Ridley would want it!

Space Pirates forever!

Zynux

Smash Lord
Everyone, pray. I'm still counting on that he could unlock a random Ridley trophy.

Pray that Sakurai spares Ridley.

Last edited:

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
Everyone, pray. I'm still counting on that he could unlock a random Ridley trophy.

Pray that Sakurai spares Ridley.
Our Ridley, Who art in Smash
Hallowed be Thy Name;
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on Norfair as it is in Zebes.
Give us this day our daily Miiverse post
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive Anti-Ridleyites who trespass against us;
and lead us not into false hope
but deliver us from Dark pit
Amen.

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Well guys, it's been a helluva ride (ly)

I'm getting choked up over here ...

Time to tips the scales !
Yo, Alax! Remember my last post you liked? I was actually hoping you would answer my questions just to see your full view on this. I know you've said you're not all about the characters getting in, but I figured getting a big voice like yourself would really mean something.

Also, holy ****! I knew I'd have people answering my questions, but I had no clue that it really would be everyone!:crazy:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
We need to stay calm folks.

I can understand why would all of us be so anxious, but we must be patient and stop spamming...

That said, though, I'm also a little bit nervous about this...

Don't be. Patience and optimism go a long way.

@ IsmaR IsmaR I would like to kindly ask that when it comes to that time this thread closes, that it would just be perma-locked. This thread has too much valuable information for it to be wasted on the thread being deleted, and I'd like to leave this as an ancient memento in case Ridley's disconfirmed, and he doesn't get his own social thread where all this is archived. I could try archiving the important stuff myself by pasting my favorite posts on Google Drive, but I'm caught up with school stuff, and I'm not confident that I can archive them all in time. Stuff like @aldelaro5 's essay on the snowball effect and "teasing with selected targeting" or @ Skyblade12 Skyblade12 's ingenious talk about Nintendo's marketing consequences... I don't wanna see such valuable stuff disappear.
Don't worry about it, mate. Nothing gets hard deleted.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Ok im actually starting to believe he's in. The livestream just showed Samus/Zss AND FREAKING PIKACHU share the metroid stage in Allstar mode.

Is Pika just a placeholder for Ridley??

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Ok im actually starting to believe he's in. The livestream just showed Samus/Zss AND FREAKING PIKACHU share the metroid stage in Allstar mode.

Is Pika just a placeholder for Ridley??
Wait, what? That's a thing?
...Does this happen with other characters?

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Idk. I just posted to let yall know. I never really played the single player modes in any smash games. Can someone explain this?
The only thing Pikachu & Samus have in common is that they worked together in SSE and fought Ridley together.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
No sighting of Metal Face on Gaur Plains yet if anyone is wondering, seems fairly neutral at least for the first minute.

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
BIG DEVELOPMENT

Remember how Mii Fighters were said to replace the Random Slot? Well it's been confirmed you can change it to have both on screen.

Now I know what you're thinking; "How is this relevant to Ridley?" Well, as you know it was speculated there was a 'Final Five' left. However, this could bump it down to instead being a Final Four.

What does THAT mean?

Well remember the text leak that was proven true, with Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser Jr, etc.? Well remember they also found a text leak that happened to line up with their's (The real one) before they revealed it.

Said leak had four newcomers confirmed that they did not.

-Dixie Kong
-Chorus Men
-Mewtwo
And the Big Guy himself.

These four would perfectly fit and complete the roster. They also line up with the Gematsu leak, which we assume was an outdated one.

Essentially, all the leaks come full circle, and it ends with Ridley flying high.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Eh, what the hell, I'll call something.

Ridley can only be unlocked upon playing 24 hours straight of Smash.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
BIG DEVELOPMENT

Remember how Mii Fighters were said to replace the Random Slot? Well it's been confirmed you can change it to have both on screen.

Now I know what you're thinking; "How is this relevant to Ridley?" Well, as you know it was speculated there was a 'Final Five' left. However, this could bump it down to instead being a Final Four.

What does THAT mean?

Well remember the text leak that was proven true, with Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser Jr, etc.? Well remember they also found a text leak that happened to line up with their's (The real one) before they revealed it.

-Dixie Kong
-Chorus Men
-Mewtwo
And the Big Guy himself.

These four would perfectly fit and complete the roster. They also line up with the Gematsu leak, which we assume was an outdated one.

Essentially, all the leaks come full circle, and it ends with Ridley flying high.
Alternately, the leak could be all we're getting, and the lock was there because the Mii wasn't created.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Well, might as well post here now, I'm pretty much sure that he's in. Sure, there are a decent amount of Ridley fans who drove me up a wall, but that still never made me want to not support him, even if I never really did it vocally. Good luck everybody, let's all hope for him one more time before we know the final roster.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If he's in, maybe you unlock in a similar way to Ganon in Brawl. But instead of using Link or Zelda. You use Samus or Zero Suit Samus on a higher difficultly. I don't know for sure, but I'm throwing out the idea.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
BIG DEVELOPMENT

What does THAT mean?

-Dixie Kong
-Chorus Men
-Mewtwo
And the Big Guy himself.

Hate to burst the bubble, but Mewtwo is not a newcomer. That's the counter I'm presenting.:mewtwomelee: But I don't know anymore. I think next time, Sakurai should actually keep the next Smash Bros under even more tighter security, definitely.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
My dear Dark Pit has been confirmed...as a blatant Pit clone...with a Silver Bow...

I need comfort. :(

*ahem* Da--I mean Ridley!

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
My dear Dark Pit has been confirmed...as a blatant Pit clone...with a Silver Bow...

I need comfort. :(

*ahem* Da--I mean Ridley!
Sakurai's favoritism knows no bounds. Though the stage ideas are cool, so maybe we could keep him around as a consultant or something, and get someone else to head the character creation.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Alternately, the leak could be all we're getting, and the lock was there because the Mii wasn't created.
Also, Dark Pit's unlock confirmed that there is a clone corner.

If the CSS rules are true, then things can potentially be looking bleak for our Pirate Commander.

Last edited:

avgjoe

Smash Cadet
yah guys! the day is here!! can't wait for Ridley. hopefully those twitch live stream dudes can pick their game up.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Dark Pit in the clone area means Ridley has no chance. I'm sorry guys.
You mean someone who should have just been a special alt costume like Alph. If this is true then Im rallying up a bunch of people to make a petition to patch and remove Dark Pit from the game!!!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Wait, what? That's a thing?
...Does this happen with other characters?
Fire Emblem had Marth, Ike and Samus. Unless Samus is confirmed for FExSMT, Lucina most likely replaces her.

Guys we've already been over this. Roster placement proves nothing. Especially incomplete/tentative ones.

Keep hope alive.

CHUBUNATO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CHUBUNATO
3DS FC
2277-6893-1304
Fire Emblem had Marth, Ike and Samus. Unless Samus is confirmed for FExSMT, Lucina most likely replaces her.

Guys we've already been over this. Roster placement proves nothing. Especially incomplete/tentative ones.

Keep hope alive.
Yeah guys cut that **** out with the character placement mumbo jumbo.

anyway i'm calling it a night... GOOD NIGHT SPACE PIRATES

Last edited:
Top Bottom