• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
How the **** I am pessimist? I just would be really glad if Ridley make up the surprise appaerance as DLC than in a random stream.
As much as wanting another alternative for Ridley's inclusion is ok, we have to wait until all characters have been unlocked. But chances are, if Ridley doesn't appear on the 3DS as playable, then his chances are nearly shot. But Sakurai might surprise us, we just don't know yet.

Edit:

What's wrong with this thread?

Ridley deserve to be revealed with an epic trailer, not with a stream followed by 12k persons zomg
I agree that it would be perfect that Ridley gets properly revealed with an official trailer, but the likelihood it would happen before all this leaking going on, it's entirely wishful thinking at this point.

Last edited:

Kokiris

Smash Cadet
Ridley circlejerk thread for Ridley final smash ? <- THAT'S taunting and being a douche.

Right now I just expressed my opinion, but guess we cannot discuss here lol.

What makes you think the characters that people find in the game now won't have trailers?
REVEALED

Do you honestly want to wait MORE? He deserves a tailer, no doubts, but tt already gets irritating to wait. I will break my neck with a banana if i'll have to wait for too long.
I do want. We all can wait really :v

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If we see him on twitch stream from someone that got the game early it isn't really a reveal

After all, we knew about Shulk before he was revealed and people still liked the trailer for him

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Ridley circlejerk thread for Ridley final smash ? <- THAT'S taunting and being a douche.

REVEALED

Shulk still had a trailer and he was leaked, just like the rest of these characters.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

REVEALED

I'm sorry if we're coming off mean spirited at the moment, it's just a suspenseful moment for everyone here, and it doesn't help people lately appearing here just to spite us. Again, sorry for acting a bit mean to you.

Kokiris

Smash Cadet
If we see him on twitch stream from someone that got the game early it isn't really a reveal

After all, we knew about Shulk before he was revealed and people still liked the trailer for him
It would be a reveal because everibody would say "Ridley confirmed" all around the internet

But I agree with the shulk thing :p

Kokiris

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry if we're coming off mean spirited at the moment, it's just a suspenseful moment for everyone here, and it doesn't help people lately appearing here just to spite us. Again, sorry for acting a bit mean to you.
If people could think more like me, they would not be totaly destroyed if Ridley don't make an appearance in the two following day :]

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Well it's actually happening and we don't know yet, god this is so stressful. Part of me thinks we should have seen someone not in the leak already if the leak wasn't a complete roster, but at the same time if there are only 4 "slots" left on the character select screen then it is plausible they would be the hardest characters to unlock in the game as well. If the hype three are in the game at all I expect them to have some very tough requirements, so I'm not giving up on Ridley just yet, but I can feel the pessimism beginning to creep up. This is truly it, and I really hope I come home today to some great news and preferably a celebration of seeing Ridley as a playable character in the game! I really, really freaking hope so.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Eeehehaahah! Ladies and gentlemen, WELCOME TO MR. SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE! Will Ridley be a boss? A trophy? Playable? Who knows! I sure don't! i may have gone mad

Do you honestly want to wait MORE? He deserves a tailer, no doubts, but tt already gets irritating to wait. I will break my neck with a banana if i'll have to wait for too long.
Good luck breaking your neck Bagan! For best results dip it in liquid nitrogen, or else you'll need a whole lot of bananas!

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
So, Crazy Hand, Master Hand (?) and Master Core don't really stop attacking? Like Ridley doe- oh wait, he just does nothing for 11 seconds. Evidence in our favor or what? And could someone give me :ganondorf: to those boss fights if they are recorder already? I can't watch streams.
I'll just tell you, Master Core's FRIGGIN' AGGRO.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
guys chill the f*** out the thing with the shulk trailer was that he was announced UN offizial so what should nintendo do mh? say yyeah ok delete the trailer??? no they had it and wanted to show us the thing.
so still no bowser jr as far as i can see. we should get like one character AT LEAST and comon just wait maybe he is hard to unlock and **** like that give it its time

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
If people could think more like me, they would not be totaly destroyed if Ridley don't make an appearance in the two following day :]
I like your optimism, I rather think a positive outcome then a negative one. But lately, everyone has the mind set that Ridley is either in the 3DS as playable and if not, a Wii U exclusive stage boss. Imo, until Sakurai himself shows Ridley as a stage boss himself (no shadow, no vagueness), then I'll throw in the towel.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
I hope unlock Ridley is not as difficult as Mr. Game Watch in melee. Seriously, I took a year to unlock him.
WHAT realy i do not remember what it took to get him but WHAT

ok ok i was checking the unlock characters from meele and what you needet. if it is like there it takes ALOT time to unlock ridley Mew2 because play 600 vs matches for mew2 or play every mode with 24 characters..... gus this can take forever

Last edited:

Malle

Smash Apprentice
I was watching the stream and I almost had a heart attack, that purple Charizard tricked me. :troll:
Haha.. On another note, I sure hate the Twitch chat, god..
Ridley is bound to show up in a few hours, or at least all the characters

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
I was watching the stream and I almost had a heart attack, that purple Charizard tricked me. :troll:
Based of some of the current unlocks, Samus and ZZS might need to do classic to unlock Ridley, but no one streaming wil use ZZS.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Good luck breaking your neck Bagan! For best results dip it in liquid nitrogen, or else you'll need a whole lot of bananas!
Its thin enough, so, i won't have problems with it and i have spare bananas in case i will get hungry.
I hope unlock Ridley is not as difficult as Mr. Game Watch in melee. Seriously, I took a year to unlock him.
Mewtwo was worse - either 25 hours of gameplay or 900 or even more matches...that was a nightmare for me...

Last edited:

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
well after i see ridley as playable i will go away from my pc until the games out because i just want to know that hes in <.<

WHAT realy i do not remember what it took to get him but WHAT

ok ok i was checking the unlock characters from meele and what you needet. if it is like there it takes ALOT time to unlock ridley Mew2 because play 600 vs matches for mew2 or play every mode with 24 characters..... gus this can take forever
I unlock Mr game and watch right after I unlocked Metwo. The requirement for unlocking Game and watch is to complete all other characters classic mode.

CHUBUNATO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CHUBUNATO
3DS FC
2277-6893-1304
Haha well I couldn't sleep. Anyway, Guys stop being so sad maybe he is like a timed unlocked or you have to play a few online matches to unlock him. I'm not gonna give up hope until I see a regular trophy or Sakurai finally says that he is a boss.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
While I'm here, actually, I have something to say. Some of you may remember my post a while ago about why I really want Ridley, about my dead brother and my terminal illness. Now I know this is a terrible reason to think a character will be playable, but Here it is. I haven't been posting here recently because not long ago I was in the hospital, and I was to the point where the doctors were just "making me comfortable". I was sure my time was coming any day. One night I decided to say my goodbyes because I didn't think I would wake up after I went to sleep, and I remember the last thing I thought before I fell asleep was how I would never get to see If Ridley was in smash. Then I did wake up the next morning and I was fine. Not just alive, but healthy. No Pemphigus, no infection, nothing. After that, I just feel more optomistic about everything. It doesn't really make sense for this to affect what I think of his chances, but it does. I'm sure Ridley will be in it now, and I really hate to see so much pessimism here. We've held together this long, so let's finish strong. We'll know in a few days, so keep the pesimism away until we know for sure. I think in a few days we'll all be celebrating in the Ridley official character disscusion thread. And if not, I can finally hope for smash 5 with you all because of my miraculous recovery. Here's hoping We don't have to wait till then though!
Thank god you are healed!
My dear Dark Pit has been confirmed...as a blatant Pit clone...with a Silver Bow...

I need comfort. :(

*ahem* Da--I mean Ridley!
We expected it, but it is still harsh nontheless. Come here*hug*

Looks like Gorea, doesn't it? Love the new thread title by the way, and I will miss EVERYONE!
I'd hug all of you, but you know, internet

I think it is a good things to look forward because it seems most of players in Japan haven't seen sign of Ridley either as trophy or stage hazard.
Also, I got an idea of how to unlock Ridley. It is to play all the characters that are power up by Super mushroom. Guess who is too big.......................

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284

Looks like Gorea, doesn't it? Love the new thread title by the way, and I will miss EVERYONE!

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT BLACK EVIL THING TOSSING AROUND FD LIKE IT'S ITS *****!?

I'm assuming it's also 360% more active than Ridley.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I'm not liking how easy everyone is to unlock. Maybe bowser jr and the 5 unknown will be harder

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Remember that boss Sakurai hinted at with Classic? Yeah, Master Core is that very person. This proves that bosses will either be aggresive or act like the source material, Ridley isn't either of those as of yet

It is the new boss called Master Core. It will be release when either of master hand or crazy hand got defeated. I am darn sure that master core is a good example of how an intense boss should have. I heard that characters are act the ways they do in their own game. If Ridley should act like a boss in his game, then he should acts as crazy as master core.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Remember that boss Sakurai hinted at with Classic? Yeah, Master Core is that very person. This proves that bosses will either be aggresive or act like the source material, Ridley isn't either of those as of yet
To be fair, we have not seen much of Bossley. It is impossible to determine whether or not he was "aggressive" or on par with the source material.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

Seeing this makes me want to eat all of those words about SSB having lame bosses. Well, unless what we seen in Direct is a boss and is slow and just not accurate to the source. Seriously, i want Ridley to be at least like in Other M. As in aggressive, fast, powerful, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom