• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
To everyone who replied to me:

Ah, I see. Damn that's alot. Well I can see why as I tend to love the games too. Though I love Metroid and Smash more, but that's a matter of opinion.

Chase

Smash Ace
I saw the potd

The detractors lost again.

All-star mode can be played anytime and not everyone is unlocked. (Once the lock icon is gone you unlocked every character in the game.)

By @polonight

[collapse=All Pictures Taken At 1 O'Clock:]

[/collapse]
This might help us figure out when All stars mode was shown off and how close it was to the roster being shown off. (Assuming this was done on the same day.)

This goes by order of when the pictures were shown (up to down)

So 97% sure there really is a missing 5 from that leak roster.

(The pirates will rise to victory for the captain.)
The picture of All-Star on the leak seems different than the Pic of the Day to me.

This seems to have more of an orange filter than the leaked image. I could be just imagining things though...

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
I cant wait for the Shulk Mario Kart expansion pack. If hes in smash, I guess its a requirement hes also im Mario Kart. Because afterall, no character that isnt in Mario Kart is in smash. Im already feeling it.

Also, am I the only one disturbed by the fact that Fang3207 really wants Waluigi in Smash?
He doesn't it was an example

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
I came here for potential Ridley leak or Ridley optimistics chance being playable
And we get another argument !
**** this i'm leaving to the Pirates Space Planet, they know how to behave and live in respect

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Today's picture definitely seems to bode well for Ridley (or, at the very least, it doesn't bode poorly for him), seeing as that picture from All-Star mode that was pointed out previously means nothing. However, now, we can't even use pictures from All-Star mode to determine whether or not a character will make it in, which throws a monkey wrench into everything!

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
Today's picture definitely seems to bode well for Ridley (or, at the very least, it doesn't bode poorly for him), seeing as that picture from All-Star mode that was pointed out previously means nothing. However, now, we can't even use pictures from All-Star mode to determine whether or not a character will make it in, which throws a monkey wrench into everything!
It throws a monkey wrench in it, and I love it. (Though I will miss seeing the usual "Congratulations! You got All Star Mode!" message after unlocking everyone)

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
While it is possible there are remaining characters, I doubt Ridley could sneak behind ZSS : it would break the roster's pattern

Now you could say "But the roster's shape could completely change !"

However :

We hit a wall if we don't add another column ; Bowser Jr, Wario and G&W push DK and Diddy to the next row, Ganondorf helps pushing Pit and Palutena below.

The CSS follows a logic as many found out in the Leak thread ; the pattern won't break, EXCEPT if there is another column added. If that's the case, it'll either be K. Rool or Ridley getting the spot, and Mario and co. getting another rep to fill the top row.
It's not impossible, but Ridley is in a tough spot actually...
We'll see in ten days anyway.
I feel like if the clone corner is truly a thing then toon link might move over next to his fellow clones. Seeing as he shares particularly more similarities with link then Ganondorf does with captain falcon as there moves do have different effect while TL only switches up smash attacks with nearly the same moves. I dunno though in the end Ganon could also be moved to the corner if a DK rep scoots in. Thus causing WFT trainer to move in next to Shulk.

But if mewtwo were to hop on in instead of a DK rep it would only push rob next the the singular series rep row. Which would harm nothing in actuality and would make for a much more comfy roster.

Last edited:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
So you want Ridley in Smash?

There you go, Ridley. And we dont even have problems in size at all.

After that PotD, I am thinking maybe the way to unlock Ridley is to beat the All Star mode (regardless number of characters) with ZSS Samus and Samus, and then we can use our Space Dragon.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I feel like if the clone corner is truly a thing then toon link might move over next to his fellow clones. Seeing as he shares particularly more similarities with link then Ganondorf does with captain falcon as there moves do have different effect while TL only switches up smash attacks with nearly the same moves. I dunno though in the end Ganon could also be moved to the corner if a DK rep scoots in. Thus causing WFT trainer to move in next to Shulk.

But if mewtwo were to hop on in instead of a DK rep it would only push rob next the the singular series rep row. Which would harm nothing in actuality and would make for a much more comfy roster.
I think the reason he's not is because he's a returning veteran and these new clones all are last minute TRUE clones as opposed to Toon Link which has more to him that's unique

Kevinhend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kevinhend
3DS FC
1504-5780-8640
I will go out of my way to unlock Ridley last, just to make it all the more satisfying when I finally do get him.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Oh my god Furbies confirmed in Smash
I swear those things are borderline satanic. When they got no battery juice, their normally glowing eyes turn pitch black.

After that PotD, I am thinking maybe the way to unlock Ridley is to beat the All Star mode (regardless number of characters) with ZSS Samus and Samus, and then we can use our Space Dragon.
That's a very weird way of unlocking a character, but it'd be cool.

So you want Ridley in Smash?

There you go, Ridley. And we dont even have problems in size at all.
He'd have been on the ESBR roster then, that thing is terrifying.

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
I will go out of my way to unlock Ridley last, just to make it all the more satisfying when I finally do get him.
I'll do what I did in Melee, just derp around and coincidentally unlock everyone while refusing to look up how.

I swear those things are borderline satanic. When they got no battery juice, their normally glowing eyes turn pitch black.
Which is why they're waaay too dark and realistic to be in Smash!

... :3

Last edited:

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
This POTD made my day. The one thing I was thinking in my mind was HYPE 3 CONFIRMED. If this turns out to be true, I won't ever be salty about the leak ever again....well maybe :p

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Oh wow. I saw you guys talking about the PotD and I didn't understand why we suddenly should be happy for Ridley. But wow, accessible from the start? That's actually a very very good move, considering future Smash titles will probably have even more bloody characters, and unlocking All-Star mode would be a gigantic hassle.

First part....
I am vomiting out of my eyes, it's beautiful.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
All-Star mode is locked until you will unlock everyone. So, it is impossible because you wouldn't have that mode to unlock Ridley, so, you would be unable to unlock him...did i missed something or what?
I don't want Waluigi in Smash. You're responding to something you know nothing about.

Someone said 'Ridley will be in because he's popular.' I said 'Waluigi is more popular than Ridley, and he's an assist trophy.'

My point was, POPULARITY ISN'T EVERYTHING. Not that I want Waluigi in Smash. That's the last thing I want.

Also, what does my Melee main have to do with anything. You're acting like my favorite character in a game offends me lol. Calm down, buddy.
Waluigi isn't more popular. Ridley is one of the most requested characters, along with Mewtwo, Shulk (i think) and K.Rool. Waluigi isn't even near them. More requested = more popular. Popularity obviously isn't everything. It just helps. There is other things that are required for a character to be added - i think they were is character important (hell yes, he is), was he/she/it at least once on an Nintendo console (yes obviously), is he/she/it a video game character (yes) and does Sakurai wants to add that character (no one knows about right answer on that). Last one is most important and in Brawl, Sakurai didn't even tried to work on Ridley for some reasons (originally, he was an AT, but then became a boss for some reasons, maybe because Ridley is more popular as a boss than Dyna Blade, so, he replaced her with him and then added Meta Ridley because why not?). If you will say that casual players know Waluigi better, then maybe yes, but Ridley looks more interesting and awesome.

Found something funny:

Explains a lot.

Last edited:

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
All-Star mode is locked until you will unlock everyone. So, it is impossible because you wouldn't have that mode to unlock Ridley, so, you would be unable to unlock him...did i missed something or what?
Sakurai stated that All Star Mode was available from the moment you start the game, and updates as you unlock characters

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Waluigi isn't more popular. Ridley is one of the most requested characters, along with Mewtwo, Shulk (i think) and K.Rool. Waluigi isn't even near them. More requested = more popular. Popularity obviously isn't everything. It just helps. There is other things that are required for a character to be added - i think they were is character important (hell yes, he is), was he/she/it at least once on an Nintendo console (yes obviously), is he/she/it a video game character (yes) and does Sakurai wants to add that character (no one knows about right answer on that). Last one is most important and in Brawl, Sakurai didn't even tried to work on Ridley for some reasons (originally, he was an AT, but then became a boss for some reasons, maybe because Ridley is more popular as a boss than Dyna Blade, so, he replaced her with him and then added Meta Ridley because why not?). If you will say that casual players know Waluigi better, then maybe yes, but Ridley looks more interesting and awesome.

Found something funny:

Explains a lot.
He meant you beat allstar mode with both Metroid reps to unlock Ridley after you win

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

Found something funny:

Explains a lot.
His point was that Waluigi has more overall popularity outside Smash.

Also, that there is siggy-worty. I would use it if I didn't have this hysterical siggy already.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Waluigi was pretty requested for smash though

He doesn't have a vocal group of supporters NOW because he was deconfirmed

Not top tier requested like Ridley

Last edited:

Cruncher93

Smash Cadet
While it is possible there are remaining characters, I doubt Ridley could sneak behind ZSS : it would break the roster's pattern

Now you could say "But the roster's shape could completely change !"

However :

We hit a wall if we don't add another column ; Bowser Jr, Wario and G&W push DK and Diddy to the next row, Ganondorf helps pushing Pit and Palutena below.

The CSS follows a logic as many found out in the Leak thread ; the pattern won't break, EXCEPT if there is another column added. If that's the case, it'll either be K. Rool or Ridley getting the spot, and Mario and co. getting another rep to fill the top row.
It's not impossible, but Ridley is in a tough spot actually...
We'll see in ten days anyway.
If you add one DK rep and one Zelda rep it pushed the Metroid franchise down, making room for Ridley. However this screws the rest of the roster: We need another character in the same row unless we move the whole Fire Emblem franchise behind Kirby, which seems unlikely. Doing so would put the Kirby franchise in front of the next row, with Little Mac in the middle, which doesn't happen with any other single rep so high in the roster.

This could be improved, but it would have to look similar unless we start switching out places or changing up the shape of the roster. Anyone got ideas how it could work without doing that?

Last edited:

Ike the Killer

Smash Cadet
Waluigi was pretty requested for smash though

He doesn't have a vocal group of supporters NOW because he was deconfirmed

Not top tier requested like Ridley
You high? Waluigi doesnt even exist in the Mario canon series, he just appears in party games and because they said "Oh, we have Wario, lets create a clone of this for Luigi, since Wario is no longer evil/villain anyways"

If people REALLY requested Waluigi to be added, they would ask for a game in which Waluigi APPEARS, not a stupid party game, but a real game, either as a main character, villain or whatever... Man that guy doesnt even have a personality or ANYTHING what kind of people is going to enjoy that in the smash? If they like him then go ask Nintendo to make a proper game, then we talk (Lol and saying Ridley is less important/popular than Waluigi). You could even see Toad as a character in smash before, despite being Peach attack, than Waluigi, and thats saying a lot

--------------------------------------------

Damn, the direct seems to be fake xD? None move/announcemnt right? Meh, still Ridley confirmed ;D

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You high? Waluigi doesnt even exist in the Mario canon series, he just appears in party games and because they said "Oh, we have Wario, lets create a clone of this for Luigi, since Wario is no longer evil/villain anyways"

If people REALLY requested Waluigi to be added, they would ask for a game in which Waluigi APPEARS, not a stupid party game, but a real game, either as a main character, villain or whatever... Man that guy doesnt even have a personality or ANYTHING what kind of people is going to enjoy that in the smash? If they like him then go ask Nintendo to make a proper game, then we talk (Lol and saying Ridley is less important/popular than Waluigi). You could even see Toad as a character in smash before, despite being Peach attack, than Waluigi, and thats saying a lot

--------------------------------------------

Damn, the direct seems to be fake xD? None move/announcemnt right? Meh, still Ridley confirmed ;D
He was requested

I don't think his fans though "Main series titles" mattered

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
How about we think of Codec Conversations? This time, it's different though. Everyone gets a different character that talks about their foes, Toads help the Mario crew, Slippy for the star fox guys/Or Krystal for Fox I don't know. So everyone gets a codec call gimmick. Ridley time.
Shulk: What is this unique monster?
Dunban: That is Ridley, he's not a Mechon, but has been half machine before! Watch out Shulk! Ridley attacks like a monster but is willing to strategize. A bit like a Telethia in fact.
Shulk: So he can read my mind? Monado Purge should work
Dunban: Not really, as it's because of his intelligence he is able to predict moves. Just try hitting him, he may be massive, but stay focused, stay sharp! Show this Cunning God of Death what it feels like to die!
Shulk: Wait, he's a god?
Dunban: Just get on with it

Ike the Killer

Smash Cadet
He was requested

I don't think his fans though "Main series titles" mattered
Yeah it has a lot of sense they like the character that they want him to be still in random party games, rather than having their character reaching a proper spot appearing in a real game,. No wait, it doesnt

Goomba por smash people, koopas for smash, boos for smash, they also appear in party games like Waluigi, at least they have more fandom and have also appear in canon games unlike him

----

And remove the topic because thats not what this place is for.

I think Ridley will be unlocked in a non weird way, probably after event match like Ganondorf was in Melee or after X matches

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Read today's PotD.
I see only image itself. Where do you read all of that text included with PotDs?
His point was that Waluigi has more overall popularity outside Smash.

Also, that there is siggy-worty. I would use it if I didn't have this hysterical siggy already.
Then maybe yes. Didn't tried to read all of those 50+ pages i missed.

Then i will get it. I found it first. No one is allowed to touch it.
EDIT: d*mn it, @ BoxedCookies BoxedCookies ! WHY. DID. YOU. STOLE. IT?! WAAAH!

Last edited:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
If you add one DK rep and one Zelda rep it pushed the Metroid franchise down, making room for Ridley. However this screws the rest of the roster: We need another character in the same row unless we move the whole Fire Emblem franchise behind Kirby, which seems unlikely. Doing so would put the Kirby franchise in front of the next row, with Little Mac in the middle, which doesn't happen with any other single rep so high in the roster.

This could be improved, but it would have to look similar unless we start switching out places or changing up the shape of the roster. Anyone got ideas how it could work without doing that?
What if the roster set everyone up chronologically, not like it does now, like pacman and game and watch starting then leading into mario series excluding wario and yoshi and accounting them for their own release dates? Miis and random obviously being at the back.

BoxedCookies

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5370-0875-8652
I see only image itself. Where do you read all of that text included with PotDs?

Then maybe yes. Didn't tried to read all of those 50+ pages i missed.

Then i will get it. I found it first. No one is allowed to touch it.
EDIT: d*mn it, @ BoxedCookies BoxedCookies ! WHY. DID. YOU. STOLE. IT?! WAAAH!
It be okay. Just replacement til I get this art done. Need to get the size sorted. It'll be altered soon. ;)

Zeox

Smash Champion
today i was playing Team Fotress 2, fighting with Mewtwo in the mode "Freak Fortress" and in the end, a guy named "Falco" and another guy named "Ridley" kill Mewtwo.... RIDLEY CONFIRMED! WAAAAAAAAAAH!

Top Bottom