• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Just thought you pirates might like to know - that rumored Nintendo Direct was actually just an announcement of localised Pokemon cards in Russia.

Ridley will have to wait just a little while longer. Again. :ohwell:
D*mn you, bears-on-unicycles-with-balalaykas! Why can't we have some info on Ridley? WHY?!
...wait, there is Nintendo Russia? What's next, we will get information about Ridley's role and be able to tell something from it?

So, we are back to just waiting for something...duh...this is dull...

Found something great:
If you don't at least like it, then you are a traitor.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
What the hell was that argument a couple of pages ago?

Oh well, another chance to whip this up, can't complain.

Likes this.JPG

Looking at the debate about Ridley and Waluigi. Ridley is obviously way more deserving for Smash than Waluigi. Waluigi is getting more popular in recent years and he definitely needs to be in an adventure game with Wario or appear in the next Mario & Luigi RPG game. He is so severely underused by Nintendo. I love to have Waluigi in Smash, but I want Ridley in first.

Today's update was also an optimistic sign that the roster is in fact incomplete and you can play All-Star mode from the beginning which is a break in tradition from previous Smash games. Ridley's chances remain strong as ever.

Zeox

Smash Champion
D*mn you, bears-on-unicycles-with-balalaykas! Why can't we have some info on Ridley? WHY?!
...wait, there is Nintendo Russia? What's next, we will get information about Ridley's role and be able to tell something from it?

So, we are back to just waiting for something...duh...this is dull...

Found something great:
If you don't at least like it, then you are a traitor.
still prefer the Nintendo Land version

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I'm starting to think you guys feel pleasure in having your dreams crushed before your eyes.
All supporters for characters during speculation are masochists to some degree.

Why are we arguing with an adamant detractor again. It's like you guys want to fight and get the thread locked. . .
Being a Ridley detractor/arguing against one is not against the rules though, as it is technically on topic.

Found something funny:

Explains a lot.
Seems to be missing the Omega Ridley fight in the Pirate Homeworld's Leviathan, and is the 2nd to last one the Super Metroid fight in Lower Norfair or the Other M fight in Pyrosphere? Regardless, still a nice collaboration of most of the encounters.

In Soviet Russia, a Smash direct for Ridley screws you.

Or something.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I prefer it too. By the way, is that Robot Ridley roar part of it or what? When i listen to it, i hear it. I doubt there is a way to properly rip music from WiiU games or at least i never heard of it.
can look like this
Needs more Mii.
Seems to be missing the Omega Ridley fight in the Pirate Homeworld's Leviathan, and is the 2nd to last one the Super Metroid in Lower Norfair or the Other M fight in Pyrosphere? Regardless, still a nice collaboration of most of the encounters.

In Soviet Russia, a Smash direct for Ridley screws you.

Or something.
It most likely was made before Other M since there is no Roidley and Samus has Gravity Suit in that image, but it does lacks Omega Ridley.

In Soviet Russia, YOU eat Metroids.

Found something:

Last edited:

kisamehoshi34

Smash Apprentice
can look like this
I prefer it too. By the way, is that Robot Ridley roar part of it or what? When i listen to it, i hear it. I doubt there is a way to properly rip music from WiiU games or at least i never heard of it.

Needs more Mii.

It most likely was made before Other M since there is no Roidley and Samus has Gravity Suit in that image, but it does lacks Omega Ridley.

In Soviet Russia, YOU eat Metroids.

Found something:

so you can see the pict? but why more mii since they will be befor character selection?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
First part....

>Ridley is the referee.
>>Please Samurai, have Ridley as a background character on Pyrosphere as a referee when he isn't being played, lol!!!

This is better than Mario as the judge in Mario Tennis or Punch-Out!!

But for serious, I feel the Ridley coming near.

WE'RE SO CLOSE TO REVEAL!!!

Last edited:

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
Well we only have a little time left until the official release put that with any copies that break street date, pic (or in this case a video, like Robin) of the day that could reveal Ridley, or maybe a possible direct sometime before the release (which is just hoping at this point) the chances of finding out Ridleys fate is upon us, do not faulter Space Pirates we are close to victory, so I command you "Stay strong and never give up!" FOR GLORY!!!

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
11 days left.So now let's say ridley is confirmed to you think you unlock on a personal stage or brainstar

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
11 days left.So now let's say ridley is confirmed to you think you unlock on a personal stage or brainstar
It's spelled Brinstar. Also, Brinstar, yes, considering (assuming the stage roster is complete) it might be the only Metroid stage on the 3DS. If not, then probably a different Metroid stage if available.

D

Deleted member

11 days left.So now let's say ridley is confirmed to you think you unlock on a personal stage or Brainstar
Brainstar? Man, sakurai must really dislike the metroid franchise to have a name change like that.:troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Not related to anything but made my day regardless.
http://youtu.be/z6jbMdWaeXY
If it isn't related to Ridley, IsmaR will come to your home and tear out your warm guts scold you.

Well we only have a little time left until the official release put that with any copies that break street date, pic (or in this case a video, like Robin) of the day that could reveal Ridley, or maybe a possible direct sometime before the release (which is just hoping at this point) the chances of finding out Ridleys fate is upon us, do not faulter Space Pirates we are close to victory, so I command you "Stay strong and never give up!" FOR GLORY!!!
And even if we fail, we can resurrect our hopes by turning it into a cyborg...hope...
I think.

To be honest, it's cool, but I don't really like it that much. Same issue with the Other M theme. Orchestration makes it boring somehow.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
To be honest, it's cool, but I don't really like it that much. Same issue with the Other M theme. Orchestration makes it boring somehow.
I agree that orchestration makes Ridley's theme boring, but I actually like the Nintendo Land theme for him a little. I think part of it would work well for a victory theme. Namely this part, with the last four-ish seconds (where the instruments stop and play a not as orchestral part) of the clip looping in a fitting way (minus the part where the instruments start back up).

Sorry for the bad description, I'm not all too good at describing things like that. I hope you can see what I'm trying to get at.

This is, of course, if Ridley is given his own victory theme.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
That argument was never valid to begin with, but that's not what I asked lol.

Pyrosphere is only in Wii U because it's a console based stage
You ever played dead or alive dimensions? You know, for the 3ds?

On a side note, that scene where he drags the guy on the wall then blast him into the stage with a fireball should be his final smash.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Wow, reading all the pages I missed was kinda hard, but, it made me forget at least for a while that the I feel the weight of the World on my shoulders again.....That PoTD made me feel a lot of relief for Ridley....and it also reminded me that life is good.

G2A571_0D87AB8D56746_000.gif

Yup...life is good indeed.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
The thread exploded while I was at school?
Did anything big happen?
anything directly from the big N?

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Ridley may have been revealed through a Direct while you were gone, probably not, seeing as everyone would be talking about it. But it is always possible, correct?
I mean an announcement of said direct.

we still have a few hours left if we're to have one for tomorrow evening.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I mean an announcement of said direct.

we still have a few hours left if we're to have one for tomorrow evening.
Wasn't that just something a russian website posted? I wouldn't get my hopes up, sadly :/

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Seems to be missing the Omega Ridley fight in the Pirate Homeworld's Leviathan, and is the 2nd to last one the Super Metroid fight in Lower Norfair or the Other M fight in Pyrosphere? Regardless, still a nice collaboration of most of the encounters.
That's definitely the Super Metroid encounter, notice the platform Samus is standing on and Ridley's design. Aside from Omega Ridley it's also missing the Other M encounter, though it might have been made before that, I dunno.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
That's the strawgrasping, tenacious attitude we Ridley supporters are known for! :D
Well, considering that Directs are usually announced around 24 hours beforehand, I can safely assume that we'd still have a chance to get one within the next few hours.

Top Bottom