• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
I hope that Smash 3DS/Wii U doesn't give Ridley pupils like he had in Melee and Brawl. He doesn't have any pupils in his appearances in the Metroid series, as far as I know.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
It appears that Shokio is one of the most antagonised Ridley detractor. I remember seeing part of his video, (quite rude, I might add, I can see why you'd take so much offense from that, having a character you love so much and hearing them get so much hate just because they're too big. :() But I wonder how he reacted to seeing Mii Fighters at E3. I imagine that if Ridley is confirmed, you'll be extremely happy, but just don't rub in your victory in the enemy's faces.

JanitorOfHyrule

Smash Cadet
NNID
JanitorOfTermina
I think Ridley will be in people want a new metroid rep. Who else is there to add well theres adam but we don't speak of him.

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
I stand corrected. I was basing his appearance on his in-game designs and Zero Mission's art.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
It appears that Shokio is one of the most antagonised Ridley detractor. I remember seeing part of his video, (quite rude, I might add, I can see why you'd take so much offense from that, having a character you love so much and hearing them get so much hate just because they're too big. :() But I wonder how he reacted to seeing Mii Fighters at E3. I imagine that if Ridley is confirmed, you'll be extremely happy, but just don't rub in your victory in the enemy's faces.
Spoken like a true warrior. Like if u cry evrytiem. ;_;

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
I think he went on to make a video on "Why Miss don't belong in Smash Brothers" shortly after the Mii Fighters being announced. But with Shokio, imagine all of the more tired, over used "arguments" against Ridley. He's the embodiment of all of them with his iconic "Ridley's big a ****!" line.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Was it in fusion or zero mission that ridley had those irritating screams? My brother was re playing both games yesterday since he loves metroid.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
The leak roster has one last space left in order to make the rows into a perfect shape aside from the 3rd party row at the bottom.

Most likely the mii icon, with that added, it looks like a complete roster. Though I still want Ridley(and mewtwo) to make it in, it's seeming unlikely at this stage. He hasn't even had any leak coverage yet.

Last edited:

Ike the Killer

Smash Cadet
There is no problem in Ridley with pupils. I mean, we have even seen Ridley with 3 fingers, with 4 fingers and with a duckface, and he looks awesome in all his appearences (The only one I dont enjoy is the original xDDDD) so I wouldnt mind that, and I think he had pupils in the concept arts anyways.

What we need is his roar! Fusion got the best *********** sound ever, I have a savestate there so I can replay it forever, that battle is just full of awesomeness, the scream rushes adrenaline in our bodies WE NEED THAT IN SMASH TO DESTROY OUR ENEMIES xDDD

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
if ridley get's in.I still want that super metroid design as a color or alt.Maybe ridley from the nes as well but that may be pusing it

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The leak roster has one last space left in order to make the rows into a perfect shape aside from the 3rd party row at the bottom.

Most likely the mii icon, with that added, it looks like a complete roster. Though I still want Ridley(and mewtwo) to make it in, it's seeming unlikely at this stage. He hasn't even had any leak coverage yet.
If Mii were to appear anywhere, it'd be the bottom row alongside Shulk and the third-parties. The "one slot missing," if its only one character, is probably Wolf, but I doubt that'd be it honestly. The fact of the matter is that there's too many characters that have been blatantly teased, and others have been outright ignored even though they should've been officially deconfirmed a long time ago. There's no way Mii's would fit in that final slot anyway, Mii's make no sense to appear in rows above the third-parties.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario

Shulk being glued onto pac sonic and mega is what makes me belive that the other four spots are open as well. Hence Ridley. We covered how the roster would maintain it's chronological order when more character are added a few pages back. If you're interested you can go take a look.

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
I have been lurking this thread for a good 1000 pages, now, and just made an account to convince you guys that we've been supporting the wrong Metroid newcomer this whole time:

The Pizza Guy

Smash Apprentice
I have been lurking this thread for a good 1000 pages, now, and just made an account to convince you guys that we've been supporting the wrong Metroid newcomer this whole time:

Botwoon?
Looks like someone drank the water...

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Interesting premise, but I doubt it'll have anything to do with Smash 4 or our scaly purple pirate friend. Usually these sorts of details are released during general Nintendo Directs, not ones aimed at specific games, and the special Smash Direct in April.

I'll be checking it out all the same and keeping up to date with any potential Ridley tidbits, but I'm not holding my breath right now. More likely is that we'll see some more vague teasers regarding Ridley and maybe - just maybe - a reveal trailer on the eve of the game's release.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So, something I've been curious about for a while now.

What exactly do we all think Ridley's Final Smash will be? The OP has some interesting suggestions, though I question whether Sakurai will follow in a similar fashion or try something else entirely.

Personally, I would love to see a transformation sequence into Omega Ridley, in the vein of Giga Bowser or Super Dragon Yoshi. Seeing the beloved Space Pirates' head honcho pulsing with Phazon corruption and firing antimatter energy from his mouth would make me giggle like a wee schoolgirl.

That being said, I know that Sakurai has been known to, ah, think outside of the box, so to speak, with regards to this sort of a thing. Anybody else have any suggestions?

Fang3207

Smash Cadet
And you mean to tell us Smash is canon? The only canons I've seen are Samus', Mega Man's, and the Daybreak.
People aren't reading the stuff I'm respond to smh. I said Pyrosphere is only in the Wii U version because it's from a console game, then somebody brought up Dead or Alive. That ain't canon to the Metroid series, so that's why it's not on Smash 3DS.

Crainy

Smash Apprentice

What exactly do we all think Ridley's Final Smash will be? The OP has some interesting suggestions, though I question whether Sakurai will follow in a similar fashion or try something else entirely.

Personally, I would love to see a transformation sequence into Omega Ridley, in the vein of Giga Bowser or Super Dragon Yoshi. Seeing the beloved Space Pirates' head honcho pulsing with Phazon corruption and firing antimatter energy from his mouth would make me giggle like a wee schoolgirl.

That being said, I know that Sakurai has been known to, ah, think outside of the box, so to speak, with regards to this sort of a thing. Anybody else have any suggestions?
Heres something outside the box: A space pirate raid, spawning multiple space pirates that fight for you (and maybe even Kraid).

Omega Ridley is a great idea, too, though.

Last edited:

CHUBUNATO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CHUBUNATO
3DS FC
2277-6893-1304

Personally i want Ridley's FS to be some kind of super sick throw with splash aoe damage on impact.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

I would love to see Omega Ridley, since it is the design I like the most, but since we are getting Roidley...I really doubt it could happen. and it really differs from the other designs of Ridley...One thing they could use....maybe a giant fireball thingy? or a Zebesian pirate raid....the scrapping into the wall move could work too. but those ideas had already been said.
Ridley_zerom.jpg

and yeah, the designs of the Original Ridley share a lot of similarities, even with the diferent style of art, but in Roidley's case, it does not.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
What if we drew Ridley in high heels?
Looks like someone was a step ahead of you

[Collapse=Relevant Bayonetta song also related to Ridley]
And if we don't get Ridley tomorrow, then we will tomorrow's tomorrow