• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I have been lurking this thread for a good 1000 pages, now, and just made an account to convince you guys that we've been supporting the wrong Metroid newcomer this whole time:

Welcome to the boards! If you have been lurking that long, I'm sure you've also seen how close this thread has been to being shut down. Please do stay on topic ^.^

as for @ InfiniteTripping InfiniteTripping , just like his posts and move on, guys. Don't even respond.

Also, @ AndreaAC AndreaAC , just noticed your new avi. love it.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Uh thats not a general direct

Besides we got nothing in the hyrule warriors direct this will be no different.
The only difference is Hyrule Warriors actually shares several core characters with Smash Bros. Getting news out of a Bayoneta 2 Direct is FAR LESS LIKELY than getting Smash News out of the Hyrule Warriors Direct (and we didn't get any Smash news out of that, either, as expected).

Its possible he posted it to say "Oh, we're not getting a General or Smash Direct announced like we thought/hoped."

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Ridley will never be playable.
I didn't know you could read the Future?
In that case your username should be Shulk related.
While on Shulk, If metal face and Yellow devil are both bosses on both versions, I'm pretty sure that means we will either be getting a playable boss or playable character for ridley.

Last edited:

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
Ignore the trolls and spammers please, guys.
Affirmative, Space Pirate General.

Anyways, I doubt we're getting that direct tomorrow guys.

25 guests, oh my, come join us guys :D But on a Ridley note, I must ask:
How would a retro Ridley skin work for Roidley? Don't get me wrong, I love the idea, but I gotta sound like a detractor.. sorta... their proportions are very.. VERY... different.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
The best thing to do is just to report them for me or another mod to deal with and ignore them in the mean time. They're just looking for reactions and when they don't get them, they'll leave you be.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Nice to see the topic isn't locked any longer. I was beginning to be worried it would be locked when Ridley was revealed. That would've been so sad.

CHUBUNATO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CHUBUNATO
3DS FC
2277-6893-1304
Nice to see the topic isn't locked any longer. I was beginning to be worried it would be locked when Ridley was revealed. That would've been so sad.
I guarantee that this thread will probably explode from Ridley Fan "Fluids" when/If Ridley is revealed. They probably have to lock it just to keep it from exploding the whole site.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I guarantee that this thread will probably explode from Ridley Fan "Fluids" when/If Ridley is revealed. They probably have to lock it just to keep it from exploding the whole site.
But you got to think about the Ridley subforums being flooded. Ridley fans have multiple Threads dedicated to them would really be filled to the brim with messages.

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
Ye of little faith. :p

About that one leak that was on 4chan that included Ridley, Impa, Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser Jr., and Shulk. I didn't catch anyone mention how it also explains the Trophy Quiz Theory. Just something I thought about.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, with 10+ pages being added from this morning to now and 1/3 of it was due to stupid Waluigi talk (not talking about the character, just the discussion that came from it), I'm glad people had settled down without a mod locking the place. And as @ Backgammon Backgammon said, any detractors who are offtopic/trolling, please just ignore them as we really don't have that much room on this thread left.

With the topic of a Meta Ridley costume not working for Roidley, I got to ask, why not? This might be me being too optimistic, but why can't the Smash Dev team make a custom Meta Ridley design like they did for the Ridley we seen in the direct?

Last edited:

CHUBUNATO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CHUBUNATO
3DS FC
2277-6893-1304
I didn't catch anyone mention how it also explains the Trophy Quiz Theory. Just something I thought about.
The Trophy Quiz Theory might be true at this point. It got 2 out of 4 so far lets see if it comes to fruition

Last edited:

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
The Trophy Quiz Theory might be true at this point. It got 2 out of 4 so far lets see if it comes to fruition
I would love for it to come to fruition. I lost Chrom but if I get Impa and Ridley I would be the happiest of campers. Especially if they aren't clones (more towards Impa in that manner honestly).

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Ye of little faith. :p

About that one leak that was on 4chan that included Ridley, Impa, Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser Jr., and Shulk. I didn't catch anyone mention how it also explains the Trophy Quiz Theory. Just something I thought about.
Weren't Impa and Ridley speculation?

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
Weren't Impa and Ridley speculation?
Well the leak said Metroid and Zelda so more or less those to are the best guesses atm.

I'll wait to post again for a bit I'm spamming a little sorry.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
At this point all we've got left to rely on is Sakurai pulling out a trailer stream at random, as nothing Smash is gonna surface from the Bayonetta Direct.

Or we'll just find out Ridley's fate from some Japanese guy's crappy off-screen footage at/after launch, that's sadly quite possible too...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
At this point all we've got left to rely on is Sakurai pulling out a trailer stream at random, as nothing Smash is gonna surface from the Bayonetta Direct.

Or we'll just find out Ridley's fate from some Japanese guy's crappy off-screen footage at/after launch, that's sadly quite possible too...
I think we'll have a launch trailer, but honestly, I don't think Ridley would be the one to be announced because he's not the most requested character at this point, in fact based on what I've heard he's only the fifth most requested character in the west. Ridley might be saved to promote the western Smash release, but by then we'll probably already know about Ridley's fate.

Honestly, if we were to get one final reveal to promote the game in Japan, I think it'd be K. Rool. The only way I see Ridley in there is if they announce all the Big 3, and they've never done cross-franchise newcomer reveals. I could be wrong, though.

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if people talked about this since I started viewing this thread for a week now but what would you guys think of Ridley changing colors when he's at death percent like in Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, Zero Mission. Wouldn't be cool to see him turn red at around 150%, unless he gets his Other M version then oh well. But a cool little detail Sakurai could put into the game. Also sorry if someone brought this up already, I'm pretty new here.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I think we'll have a launch trailer, but honestly, I don't think Ridley would be the one to be announced because he's not the most requested character at this point, in fact based on what I've heard he's only the fifth most requested character in the west. Ridley might be saved to promote the western Smash release, but by then we'll probably already know about Ridley's fate.

Honestly, if we were to get one final reveal to promote the game in Japan, I think it'd be K. Rool. The only way I see Ridley in there is if they announce all the Big 3, and they've never done cross-franchise newcomer reveals. I could be wrong, though.
Correct me if I'm wrong (which I probably am), but wasn't Villager and Mega Man apart of the same trailer or I'm I remembering wrong?

Not sure if people talked about this since I started viewing this thread for a week now but what would you guys think of Ridley changing colors when he's at death percent like in Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, Zero Mission. Wouldn't be cool to see him turn red at around 150%, unless he gets his Other M version then oh well. But a cool little detail Sakurai could put into the game. Also sorry if someone brought this up already, I'm pretty new here.
I don't mean to put a damper on your suggestion, but wouldn't that limit Ridley's possible color swaps/alts if they did that?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Correct me if I'm wrong (which I probably am), but wasn't Villager and Mega Man apart of the same trailer or I'm I remembering wrong?
They are separate trailers aired one after the other. Easy mistake though.
Admittedly, though, they changed the prospect of announcing just one new character per trailer, they could do the same this time to announce the last three most requested unrevealed characters. The main issue would be showing each of the three characters equally in the trailer.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Admittedly, though, they changed the prospect of announcing just one new character per trailer, they could do the same this time to announce the last three most requested unrevealed characters. The main issue would be showing each of the three characters equally in the trailer.
No, the main issue is that, at this stage, we need to see enough of Ridley's gameplay to hammer in BEYOND ALL REASONABLE DOUBT that he's playable. No assists, no Metroid stages. He'll overshadow any other newcomer, surely.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Huh, I see quite a few people being proponents of having Ridley speak. Maybe I'm gleaning too quickly, but would you all really want to have Ridley speak? It's kind of a gamble, especially for a villain that's traditionally not said anything but screaming noises.

The only time Ridley's spoken is in the manga - which is already stupidly obscure - and in Prime 1, where he has a log detailing how he'll enjoy his new upgrades.

PacoTaco

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4312-9999-1091
It would end up being a LONG trailer which would be amazing. But I mean imagine them announcing Impa, Mewtwo, and Ridley all in one trailer. The Internet would be broken for sure...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It would end up being a LONG trailer which would be amazing. But I mean imagine them announcing Impa, Mewtwo, and Ridley all in one trailer. The Internet would be broken for sure...
Very few would care about Impa. I don't even know why you brought it up. I would, although I don't think she's that likely at this point. She's probably the most likely Zelda newcomer by far, though.

The internet would explode if Ridley, Mewtwo, or King K. Rool were announced. Any one of them would be enough to blow up the internet, and together... wow, I couldn't imagine how bad it'd be if all three of them were announced at the same time. Most people would look at Impa and go "sweet, a character not on the leak," but that's about it.

Top Bottom