• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Oh god, hold me Phaazoid. The anticipation is going to destroy this thread at some point.

I, for one, think it's possible that we're going to get a Smash Direct a week before release, much like Hyrule Warriors did. I mean. If Hyrule Warriors can have two directs, why not Smash? I'm pretty sure that last Japanese direct didn't "count."
*holds you

I'm not holding out for another trailer before release, though. I mean, sure, it's possible. But apart from maybe getting one the day of release, I think we're better off waiting for the Japanese (and people who imported Japanese 3DS's like myself) to unlock everything.

Also, it's possible there will be more leaks. So keep an eye out, but remember that the 13'th (well, noon on the 12'th EST) is prime time.

Halifax?

Smash Apprentice
NNID
WhataTreeBark
1st time visit, this thread is amazing. Nearly 2,000 pages of Ridley support. How could such a desire be ignored by Nintendo? Insulting if Ridley wasn't revealed through a trailer, considering the magnitude of hype.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Has anyone noticed how the scum of the universe has become more active with the release so close? I'm seeing them everywhere, booming with 'too big' and 'already confirmed as a stage hazard' kinds of arguments, attempting to bring Ridley supporters down before the game's release, really shameful, to tell the truth, do any of the other fanbases even have these kinds of detractors, being disgusting enough to actually fight against a character's well-deserved playable appearance?
A large fanbase has large opponents. We will stand strong and unite for the glory and honour of deception, corruption and the Zebesian way!

I think Ridley would probably kill the internet more than K. Rool, though. While K. Rool may be the more requested of the two, Ridley is infamous for just how controversial he is. Most people are either advocates for him, or very strongly against his inclusion. So unlike most character reveals, where it's mostly just supporters celebrating and everyone else just being relatively neutral, Ridley's reveal would bring out very intense and vocal reactions from both the large amount of supporters, and the large amount of detractors. This would also be magnified further because of how vocal Ridley supporters and detractors are.
False Sense here pretty much sums it up. From my experience, there are very, very few people who have no opinion on Ridley: you either support his addition and will stand to that adamantly or vocally oppose his addition to the roster and lambaste all that attempt to dissuade you from your views.

Personally, I would consider myself to be a supporter, albeit in the "shallow" end of the speculative pool, so to speak. I was previously hesitant to accept him as a character, but seeing the arguments and rationale put forth has convinced me that I will actually be very, very happy if he is in the roster. I don't consider myself a "hardcore" Ridley fan or anything, and I won't kick and scream if he isn't in the final roster, l but I will be rather disappointed if he isn't and utterly elated if he is.

Either way, I'll be content with the game. Having Ridley as a playable character and seeing everybody's happy reactions will not only reaffirm my faith in Sakurai, but also in my fellow man, to boot!

Not that it needs affirming at all, you understand, but it will be a pleasant surprise all the same. ;3

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
1st time visit, this thread is amazing. Nearly 2,000 pages of Ridley support. How could such a desire be ignored by Nintendo? Insulting if Ridley wasn't revealed through a trailer, considering the magnitude of hype.
Welcome to the thread! *Insert generic "enjoy your stay" and "don't drink the water" message coming your way*

Last edited:

Zango

Smash Apprentice
Well, they did it for Brawl, so...

Halifax?

Smash Apprentice
NNID
WhataTreeBark
Well, they did it for Brawl, so...
Didn't witness the Brawl hype, but I mean this thread alone has about 2 million views. You find Ridley supporters in every corner of the internet. Considering all the factors, it will be a slap to my face if it happens in sm4sh.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I think Ridley would probably kill the internet more than K. Rool, though. While K. Rool may be the more requested of the two, Ridley is infamous for just how controversial he is. Most people are either advocates for him, or very strongly against his inclusion. So unlike most character reveals, where it's mostly just supporters celebrating and everyone else just being relatively neutral, Ridley's reveal would bring out very intense and vocal reactions from both the large amount of supporters, and the large amount of detractors. This would also be magnified further because of how vocal Ridley supporters and detractors are.
Yeah, Smashboards would probably go down temporarily, due to so many people writing their strong reactions.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I guarantee that this thread will probably explode from Ridley Fan "Fluids" when/If Ridley is revealed. They probably have to lock it just to keep it from exploding the whole site.
The site will go down even if the topic is locked.

Morbi

Scavenger
Yeah, Smashboards would probably go down temporarily, due to so many people writing their strong reactions.
Indeed. That is precisely why I already prepared my "Ridley confirmed as a playable character" speech. I am going to post it before he is revealed so that I do not have to deal with Crashboards at that moment.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I'm sorry fellas, but tomorrow's pic isn't going to be of your liking, so brace yourselves.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
In all honesty, guys, I think win or lose, this topic WILL get locked. If Ridley is playable, the topic will get locked and a new social thread gets created in the Ridley subforum. If Ridley isn't playable... well, it'll just get locked since its too big already anyway.

Indeed. That is precisely why I already prepared my "Ridley confirmed as a playable character" speech. I am going to post it before he is revealed so that I do not have to deal with Crashboards at that moment.
And if he's not playable...? I mean, I fully believe he IS playable, but there's no way you can guarantee he is, and you can't guarantee when he will be revealed, either. Everyone thought Shulk would be revealed, but it was Robin. (Granted, Shulk was the next reveal anyway...)

I'm sorry fellas, but tomorrow's pic isn't going to be of your liking, so brace yourselves.
That's what some people said yesterday.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Actually, todays PotD was more to my liking than I thought possible. I didn't think Sakurai was gonna show off all star mode before the game came out, let alone disprove that whole Ridley not appearing in that one pic of it thing for good. That's really all I need for this week.

S'long as we don't get a deconfirmation, I'll be satiated.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Doesn't it seem somewhat counter-productive to post a "Ridley confirmed" speech before he's confirmed?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
In all honesty, guys, I think win or lose, this topic WILL get locked. If Ridley is playable, the topic will get locked and a new social thread gets created in the Ridley subforum. If Ridley isn't playable... well, it'll just get locked since its too big already anyway.

And if he's not playable...? I mean, I fully believe he IS playable, but there's no way you can guarantee he is, and you can't guarantee when he will be revealed, either. Everyone thought Shulk would be revealed, but it was Robin. (Granted, Shulk was the next reveal anyway...)

Morbid is just, like me, convinced he's playable so much that there's no real reasons to deconfirm him NOW.

So, that's thing I might do too, but problem is, how to know WHEN he would be revealed?

Well, might just prepare a txt file in advance with sanctuary guardians in it :)

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I think the internet would explode if Ridley isn't playable. It would be quite a sight. But you're right, there's no way to tell what would happen concerning his inclusion.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think the internet would explode if Ridley isn't playable. It would be quite a sight. But you're right, there's no way to tell what would happen concerning his inclusion.
It would explode even if he IS playable. As soon as Ridley is revealed for Smash Bros. in any way, shape, or form, the internet will explode. Either it'll explode at the fact that he's playable, or at the fact that he's not.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
When Ridley is playable would you guys please support Kraid and Mother Brain for Smash 4dlc and smash 5! Please! I want my favorite grotesque monsters to join the fun fighting! ^_^

Imagine a free for all of Samus vs Ridley vs Mother Brain vs Kraid on Kirby's Green Green's stage? So epic!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's bound to be people upset if was playable, same goes for if he isn't.

I'm not too sure what to think about the All-Star mode thing. It doesn't out right confirm Ridley. But I suppose it does confirm that the leaker did indeed not, actually unlock every character in Smash 4. Whether or not that means Ridley is one of the few remaining characters is up for debate. Of course, I'm hopeful that he is, though I don't see it as a 100% chance of happening. So things are a little more hopeful, but it's still in the waiting game phase.

For all we know the last characters are freaking Mini Kraid and Chunky Kong.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
We're going to get a Ridley confirmation trailer tomorrow?!?!

*insert random celebration gif here*

When Ridley is playable would you guys please support Kraid and Mother Brain for Smash 4dlc and smash 5! Please! I want my favorite grotesque monsters to join the fun fighting! ^_^

Imagine a free for all of Samus vs Ridley vs Mother Brain vs Kraid on Kirby's Green Green's stage? So epic!
I think I would be satisfied enough with Metroid representation even if Mother Brain and Dark Samus remain ATs. So long as Ridley is able to summon them in battle, it would be a dream come true.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Lol, no, I won't. Ridley is just fine for me, thanks. He's not even my most hyped newcomer, just the newcomer I think is most likely due to Sakurai's (and Nintendo's, frickin' Bill Trinnen being a troll) damn teasing. :p

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284

I'll back Kraid, but Mother Brain can stay in her little jar, if that's alright.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
There's bound to be people upset if was playable, same goes for if he isn't.

I'm not too sure what to think about the All-Star mode thing. It doesn't out right confirm Ridley. But I suppose it does confirm that the leaker did indeed not, actually unlock every character in Smash 4. Whether or not that means Ridley is one of the few remaining characters is up for debate. Of course, I'm hopeful that he is, though I don't see it as a 100% chance of happening. So things are a little more hopeful, but it's still in the waiting game phase.

For all we know the last characters are freaking Mini Kraid and Chunky Kong.
Since the Paper Mario stage reveal, I can't be disappointed and that's even in the micro possibility that Ridley isn't playable.

However, I will be asking a lot of questions about the fake tease then. For me, it would be more questionable than random tripping.

Still, won't be disappointed anyway (but my feeling towards supporters tough....might worth to play final hours in this case).

Anyway, he's playable so let me stop talking about this :)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Mini-Kraid doesn't seem that hype to me.

Honestly, I'd be just with Ridley, if is actually playable. He's the only Metroid villain other than Dark Samus I like all that much, and can easily see in a fighting game.

Speaking of Dark Samus, she'd work well as a Wolf-type of character.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
It would explode even if he IS playable. As soon as Ridley is revealed for Smash Bros. in any way, shape, or form, the internet will explode. Either it'll explode at the fact that he's playable, or at the fact that he's not.
Well, I'm pretty neutral on the whole matter, so it should be amusing either way. But wait, aren't there more supporters of Ridley than there are antis? Ridley seems to be a wildly popular character.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Keep in denial, but you will see for yourselves when your deepest fear comes true tomorrow...
Wario has a topless bikini alternate costume
You need to re-evaluate your idea of a nightmare, boy.

That **** would make up for no Ridley in spades.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
I seriously doubt a picture of the day will any much in the way of meaningful information between now and any direct before the release. I'm still betting on a day before release direct featuring Ridley.

You need to re-evaluate your idea of a nightmare, boy.

That **** would make up for no Ridley in spades.
Super Smash Mudwrestlers for 3DS and Wii U?

Last edited:

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
Has anyone noticed how the scum of the universe has become more active with the release so close? I'm seeing them everywhere, booming with 'too big' and 'already confirmed as a stage hazard' kinds of arguments, attempting to bring Ridley supporters down before the game's release, really shameful, to tell the truth, do any of the other fanbases even have these kinds of detractors, being disgusting enough to actually fight against a character's well-deserved playable appearance?
that....is a good question. i dont even know if any other fanbases have to deal with the stuff we deal with

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I've had a revelation... what if NES Ridley is our "Retro" rep???!!
View attachment 23925
Weird, that'd just be weird. Also hilarious.

We do know one thing though. Ridley's getting the Other M design. From what little we saw of him, he's seems to have the Other M tail design. But of course this design could be altered in a few ways, much like how others pointed out in Samus.

Maybe that duck beak will be gone.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
that....is a good question. i dont even know if any other fanbases have to deal with the stuff we deal with
Well, most every fan base for a character has to deal with detractors. Some more than others. But I don't think any fan base comes close to getting as much hate as the Ridley fan base. I've actually seen people who believe that all that hate is necessary because Ridley fans need to realize that Ridley is a "completely illogical" character choice.

Top Bottom