• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I don't think any other fanbase would be as excited that their character was confirmed than this one right here. Almost 1800 pages! Good lord. Sakurai can you see this? Stop playing around and bring us Ridley.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Mega Man 2 is on 3DS and Wii U Virtual Console. Other M is only on Wii.
Waluigi is way more popular than Ridley. He's one of the most famous Mario characters, and Mario is waaaay more popular than Metroid.
The game is called Super Smash Bros, not Super Mario Smash. It is supposed to include the main characters of each Nintendo series. Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach. There is only one character in the Mario franchise that is at the level of those character, Toad. With the exception of him, none, none, none of the remain Mario characters deserves a spot in Smash. Dr. Mario, Rosalina&Luma, Bowser Jr. they shouldnt be in Smash at all. That does apply to Daisy and Waluigi as well.

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
Because people play games for a lanky Luigi and a brunette Peach.

I start up Pokemon X every day and go, man, if only my character was Waluigi. He's clearly the most iconic character in Nintendo's history
Sorry but I have to be honest. I do buy mario spin-off games just for waluigi.
and i would love waluigi being playable in pokemon.
I also recently bought a couple of metroid games, to help me for my Ridley video. IMO both characters are good enough to warrant a purchase of a whole game.

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
1 did the stage appear on the console game? No. Xenoblade 3DS looks like alpha footage, it may not even have been planned before smash was known
2. Teasing a popular character
3. That isn't your point, your point was with Waluigi
4/5 Everyone is asking for Melee 2.0 Melee had a bunch of clone padding, it happened, it actually works as an argument, and stop this! or PsychoIncarnate will have to do this!
The immature child in me finds the title of that video amusing. And then the Otaku in me wishes the game was localised.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Here's an idea guys. IGNORE THE PERSON!

This thread can't deal with long-winded arguments with detractors anymore, just leave things be.

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664

Pic of the day. This time, you can challenge every fighter in All-Star Mode from the moment you turn on the game!! This is a survival battle with limited recovery items and no option to continue. However, this mode will be incomplete until you've unlocked every fighter... Until then, you can only play against characters that are already available.
This is a picture of the bottom-screen menu, with a padlock indicating that the mode is still incomplete.

Star Mode is not complete. yet.....Salvation for our Space Pirate Leader or an imminent doom?
The clock is ticking and Ridley is nowhere in sight.

Fang3207

Smash Cadet
1 did the stage appear on the console game? No. Xenoblade 3DS looks like alpha footage, it may not even have been planned before smash was known
2. Teasing a popular character
3. That isn't your point, your point was with Waluigi
4/5 Everyone is asking for Melee 2.0 Melee had a bunch of clone padding, it happened, it actually works as an argument, and stop this! or PsychoIncarnate will have to do this!
1. I looked it up, and it turns out Palutena's Temple was from the NES game. Xenoblade is on 3DS, we don't know how long it was in development or anything, but the fact is it's on 3DS.
2. But it's a segment ONLY for the Yellow Devil.
3. My point wasn't a character's name. If you would go a few pages back, you would realize someone said Ridley should be in because he's popular, and I said "Waluigi is more popular and he's an assist trophy."
4/5. The majority of people DIDN'T want clones and we're asking for more original characters.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
While it is possible there are remaining characters, I doubt Ridley could sneak behind ZSS : it would break the roster's pattern

Now you could say "But the roster's shape could completely change !"

However :

We hit a wall if we don't add another column ; Bowser Jr, Wario and G&W push DK and Diddy to the next row, Ganondorf helps pushing Pit and Palutena below.

The CSS follows a logic as many found out in the Leak thread ; the pattern won't break, EXCEPT if there is another column added. If that's the case, it'll either be K. Rool or Ridley getting the spot, and Mario and co. getting another rep to fill the top row.
It's not impossible, but Ridley is in a tough spot actually...
We'll see in ten days anyway.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Guys take this somewhere else this is a speculation thread only, go talk on a different thread because this is primarily Ridley speculation only.
Actually it's a character discussion thread for Ridley. Says so in the little writing beneath the title at the top.:troll:

AlexTLW

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexTLW
3DS FC
0688-5455-7010
Wow. Now you're gonna accuse me of trolling because of my profile picture.
Obviously, For Glory is the only online mode. I never said this game is only for casuals. I'm saying Waluigi is more popular to the casual and hardcore market. If you only market a game to the hardcore audience, it won't sell well.
smash does not belong to the casuals is what I am saying. you are doubting Ridleys chances and arguing with his supporters on a RIDLEY SUPPORT THREAD! That sounds a lot like trolling to me. and excuuuuuse me that your melee main AND profile picture is dr. Mario I must have been wrong if you didn't want him back.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Waluigi is in almost every Mario spinoff, including Mario Kart which outsold Metroid as a whole.
Well guess who was kicked out of Mario Kart 8 due to unimportance? Yes, Waluigi.

And really you just need to consult the official wanted poll for characters, Ridley is top 5, Waluigi isn't even near him.

Fang3207

Smash Cadet
smash does not belong to the casuals is what I am saying. you are doubting Ridleys chances and arguing with his supporters on a RIDLEY SUPPORT THREAD! That sounds a lot like trolling to me. and excuuuuuse me that your melee main AND profile picture is dr. Mario I must have been wrong if you didn't want him back.
I never said it belonged to anybody. I'm just saying, the majority of the sales are gonna come from casuals, and Waluigi is more popular to them than Ridley.

If I'm arguing, then I'm trolling? If I were trolling, I wouldn't be using facts, and I wouldn't respect these people. I haven't insulted anyone once.

I never said I didn't want Dr. Mario back. What does Dr. Mario have to do with anything?

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Well guess who was kicked out of Mario Kart 8 due to unimportance? Yes, Waluigi.

And really you just need to consult the official wanted poll for characters, Ridley is top 5, Waluigi isn't even near him.
What ? Waluigi is playable.
However Bowser Jr. is not.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Waluigi actually is in Mario Kart 8, he wasn't in Mario Kart 7 though

---

and Waluigi isn't in almost all the Mario Kart's

He's in 8, wii, double dash and DS

Last edited:

Fang3207

Smash Cadet

What are you talking about?

I'm tired of this Dr. Sh*tpost, I'll hit ignore too!
How did I ****post? All I'm doing is having a mature argument. I used facts, I didn't insult or swear. Some people smh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, do you all remember the pyrosphere tease last year? I believe the original text is something like "A enemy that traumatize Samus's past might appear any second......" Isn't that statement ambiguous? Because there are other monster scare Samus before, well, at least in her teenage or younger. Could the monster be Metroid (ex: Omega Metroid, Metroid Queen) or space pirate (the insect dude).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I never said it belonged to anybody. I'm just saying, the majority of the sales are gonna come from casuals, and Waluigi is more popular to them than Ridley.

If I'm arguing, then I'm trolling? If I were trolling, I wouldn't be using facts, and I wouldn't respect these people. I haven't insulted anyone once.

I never said I didn't want Dr. Mario back. What does Dr. Mario have to do with anything?
IDK about that

I'd think a casual seeing a big purple space dragon playable is going to be more awesome to them than some pueple lanky middle age man

Regardless of what game their from

Raetah

Smash Journeyman

Waluigi is in Mario Kart 8... Regardless Mario Kart 8 roster is horrible, we dont have a baby version of Wario and Waluigi or a copper version of Daisy. :troll:

Fang3207

Smash Cadet
IDK about that

I'd think a casual seeing a big purple space dragon playable is going to be more awesome to them than some pueple lanky middle age man

Regardless of what game their from
I'm not talking about "awesomeness." I'm talking about popularity. My point is, popularity isn't everything.
If you hate Waluigi, then I'll talk about King K Rool. He's more requested than Ridley and he isn't in the game.

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
Guys, do you all remember the pyrosphere tease last year? I believe the original text is something like "A enemy that traumatize Samus's past might appear any second......" Isn't that statement ambiguous? Because there are other monster scare Samus before, well, at least in her teenage or younger. Could the monster be Metroid (ex: Omega Metroid, Metroid Queen) or space pirate (the insect dude).
That can be, but Ridley killed Samus's parents when she was little, so i think he has a trump on the trauma thing.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not talking about "awesomeness." I'm talking about popularity. My point is, popularity isn't everything.
If you hate Waluigi, then I'll talk about King K Rool. He's more requested than Ridley and he isn't in the game.
Well, we don't know that for certain yet

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
Well we don't know that for certain yet. The DK franchise I heard was getting a newcomer. And it's either K. Rool or Dixie

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Isn't the point of being casual not having brand loyalty

the second they become loyal to a certain game enough for Waluigi to be important to them is the second they begin to step into hardcore

maybe because nintendo doesnt have the copyright about King K. Rool character anymore...
Yes they do

Last edited:
That can be, but Ridley killed Samus's parents when she was little, so i think he has a trump on the trauma thing.
Well, Ridley did responsible for Samus becoming an orphan and tragic past, but isn't that death of baby metroid (super metroid) and reborn of baby metroid in omega metroid should be a twist too? Just think about it. The baby metroid re-clone again in Fusion and evolve into Omega Metroid, not to mention that omega metroid tries to kill Samus...... It would be a slap in the face.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
I would just ignore Fang, everyone knows that Ridley is one of the most iconic Nintendo characters, and one of the most unique, he's cunning and strategic yet can also be savage when he wants. And Smash Bros. is meant to be about characters from different Nintendo franchises coming together fighting each other, so you can't just have the entire Mario Cast (the reason Waluigi was likely not included was because the characters from the Mario series we do have in the game are more iconic or unique). And Fang's avatar pic is a clone character for crying out load, this has gone on long enough. Fang if you want Wuligi so much use the Waluigi thread, people can't just come here and say Ridley can't be in because character X is more deserving, this is meant to be a Ridley support thread, if you don't want to support him, or you can't prove he can't be in with facts not opinions you don't belong here.

Last edited:

Fang3207

Smash Cadet
Isn't the point of being casual not having brand loyalty

the second they become loyal to a certain game enough for Waluigi to be important to them is the second they begin to step into hardcore

Yes they do
I'm not saying they will buy the game for Waluigi. We are missing my point here.
Somebody said Ridley will be in the game because he is popular. I said Waluigi (or K Rool) is more popular than Ridley, and they aren't playable characters. My point is, popularity isn't everything.

Staarih

Smash Master
I think people reacted too much to the "Waluigi is more popular than Ridley"-comment even though his original point was only to say that popularity isn't everything when including a character in Smash, which we all know already. Waluigi is popular, Ridley is popular, Waluigi is unpopular, Ridley is unpopular - it depends on the scene really. Smash-wise, Ridley is above Waluigi though. Not that it necessarily means anything, which I think is what he's getting at. But even outside of popularity, things are still boding well for Ridley, so this debate feels silly.

Last edited:

Fang3207

Smash Cadet
I would just ignore Fang, everyone knows that Ridley is one of the most iconic Nintendo characters, and one of the most unique, he's cunning and strategic yet can also be savage when he wants. And Smash Bros. is meant to be about characters from different Nintendo franchises comeing together fighting each other, so you can't just have the entire Mario Cast. And Fang's avatar pic is a clone character for crying out load, this has gone on long enough. Fang is you want Wuligi so much use the Waluigi thread, people can't just come here and say Ridley can't be in because character X is more deserving, this is meant to be a Ridley support thread, if you don't want to support him, or you can't prove he can't be in with facts not opinions you don't belong here.
I don't want Waluigi in Smash. You're responding to something you know nothing about.

Someone said 'Ridley will be in because he's popular.' I said 'Waluigi is more popular than Ridley, and he's an assist trophy.'

My point was, POPULARITY ISN'T EVERYTHING. Not that I want Waluigi in Smash. That's the last thing I want.

Also, what does my Melee main have to do with anything. You're acting like my favorite character in a game offends me lol. Calm down, buddy.

Top Bottom