• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Just waked up and, yikes, looks like I successfully predicted Shulk yesterday on a whim. Can I get a two-for-two with Ridley at PAX?
Your not the only one who got the guess, except I included Mewtwo. So again;

Well, my bet was half right. Got Shulk, but not Mewtwo. Maybe they're saving him for later?

Ridley x Mewtwo trailer confirmed! :troll:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I know I just was in here spouting doom and gloom but...

Maybe Metal Face is actually Ridley's saving grace here...

I'm not entirely sure about this, and I'm not quite ready to explain it all yet.

But what if both Dark Pit and Ridley were both bosses and playable characters?

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure of it this time, he's gonna be announced soon. I refuse to believe Sakurai has been hyping us all just to slap us in the face with Ridley as a boss. He has to be playable this time.
I wish I was this confident. At this point Sakurai revealing Ridley would mean the roster we saw really wasn't fully unlocked and well we'd get Ridley in Smash. Please Sakurai, please have surprises left for us, and may Ridley be one of them.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

I'm not entirely sure about this, and I'm not quite ready to explain it all yet.

Metal Face confirmed playable.

But yeah, I do hope that is the case. Or really, any scenario with Ridley playable.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601

Ha...ha... I'm.. I'm not nervous, are.. are you nervous?

Tristan_win

Not dead.

That would most likely be the best end result and could be explain with Ridley due to cloning but what about Dark pit? Are there multiple dark pits?

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
I wish I was this confident. At this point Sakurai revealing Ridley would mean the roster we saw really wasn't fully unlocked and well we'd get Ridley in Smash. Please Sakurai, please have surprises left for us, and may Ridley be one of them.
It is pretty much confirmed that the roster we saw was not fully unlocked.

Im actually really confident that Ridley will be in, there is a ton of evidence supporting his inclusion and for some reason the "hes a boss and playable" thing from the one leak really makes sense to me and I can totally see it happening.

Dragalon

Smash Cadet
What do you mean, in time... The game is out in two weeks. There is no time, and all the mysteries will be solved.
by time I meant like a day or two, like a few more miiverse posts
though you do have a good point all will be known soon

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I thought it was established All-Star Mode wasn't unlocked. All characters = unlocked All Star Mode. So I'm sure there is more characters.

And I came to this conclusion. Ridley was revealed as a boss in Brawl somewhere in the middle of Brawl's development, yet we're two weeks away from JP Smash Bros. release. If he wasn't playable, he should have been deconfirmed months ago.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'm sure of it this time, he's gonna be announced soon. I refuse to believe Sakurai has been hyping us all just to slap us in the face with Ridley as a boss. He has to be playable this time.
This is an excellent point. Great way to piss off your customers is to tease somethinge they really want, then at the last minute say "lol no jk"

But for everyone expecting a Ridley reveal at PAX, I doubt it. If Sakurai's teasing him for a full year, he's going to stay hidden until the game's release. But you don't know how much I'd love to eat my words here.

Darkraid

Smash Champion

Yes yes yes!!! I'm been saying this at the leak thread! Ugh.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm not really sure how Metal Face can even be a boss. He's standing a million miles away in the background, he's not just Ridley big, he's "I'm gonna stomp this entire stage to pieces with just my foot" big.

Last edited:

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
I'm not really sure how Metal Face can even be a boss. He's standing a million miles away in the background, he's not just Ridley big, he's "I'm gonna stomp this entire stage to pieces with just my foot" big.
Kraid likes to have a word with you.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
This is an excellent point. Great way to piss off your customers is to tease somethinge they really want, then at the last minute say "lol no jk"

But for everyone expecting a Ridley reveal at PAX, I doubt it. If Sakurai's teasing him for a full year, he's going to stay hidden until the game's release. But you don't know how much I'd love to eat my words here.
Thanks man. I just feel like everything that has happened from last year to right now, the Pyrosphere, the shadow, the size pictures,the teasing, the leak, and now the reveal of Shulk, has been all leading up to this moment, and we can finally have what we have been asking for 13 long years.

Admittedly the thought of Ridley with a cockney accent did seem fitting.
I always thought Ridley (and DIO Brando) should have been voiced by Tim Curry.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Shulk trailer may not have done anything to hinder Ridley's chances, but the 3DS Smash commercials sure did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OT5HX9QolQ

@0:20, at the bottom right.

All-Star Mode.

"1985-1986"

Ridley debuted in Metroid along with Power Suit Samus.

Yeah, that's the coffin's nail right there.

:(
There is no Ganondorf either, who appeared as Ganon in that game. There is no ZSS too and she kinda appeared in Metroid too. It may be not full "list".

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Shulk trailer may not have done anything to hinder Ridley's chances, but the 3DS Smash commercials sure did.

All-Star Mode.

"1985-1986"

Yeaaaah, so that's quite the heavy blow. It's a bit odd ZSS isn't there, but I guess she's counted towards Zero Mission's reveal.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Last time I checked, he wasn't that big.
Oh, that thing in the background is Mechonis, not Metal Face. This is Metal Face:
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb...ade/images/e/eb/Metal_Face_art.jpg[/spoilers]
He is about...Ridley size? Somewhat bigger?
Considering he is from an RPG (where people stand in place and whack each other every so seconds), I think he'd be a better boss than Ridley.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Last time I checked, he wasn't that big.
Oh, that thing in the background is Mechonis, not Metal Face. This is Metal Face:
[spoilers]http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb...ade/images/e/eb/Metal_Face_art.jpg[/spoilers]
He is about...Ridley size? Somewhat bigger?
Considering he is from an RPG (where people stand in place and whack each other every so seconds), I think he'd be a better boss than Ridley.
Ah, okay, thanks for clearing that up. I dunno, all those robots look the same to me.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

All-Star Mode.

"1985-1986"

No no no no no no I reject this reality and substitute it with my oooowwwn.

Not gonna believe anything is a nail in the coffin until the man with the hammer comes to knock me out.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
What if we got a Japan-only Direct to reveal one of Japan's most wanted characters and then we get an America-only direct to reveal one of the west's most wanted characters? It doesn't sound farfetched at this point, especially considering the same leaker that got Shulk's form-switching right also said Ridley would be playable.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
That's missing a certain winged angel, as well.
Pit, Palutena, Ganondorf (perhaps) and Zero Suit Samus missing as far as I can see. I guess 1986 was too packed and it might be split?

Last edited:

DMTN

Smash Journeyman

All-Star Mode.

"1985-1986"

R.O.B. is missing. I think they don't want to reveal unannounced characters through commercials.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Pit, Palutena, Ganondorf (perhaps), Zero Suit Samus missing as far as I can see. I guess 1986 was too packed and it might be split?
That is what i am thinking about. Pit and Palutena don't count since they appeared in 1987-1988. Also, add Donkey Kong with his debut in 1986 that saved Nintendo i think.

Last edited:

SmashAdr

Smash Apprentice
Now I feel there will be other reveal at the media event at pax... Has to be Ridley, perfect time to reveal him.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

All-Star Mode.

"1985-1986"

1 word testing

It may not be complete for one i see zero suit samus and ganondorf missing. On that part.

(Because zero suit samus debuted on the first metroid game.)

Ridley will be playable i assure you.

As a matter of fact i think pax is it i mean august 31s5 thats the anniversary of other m

And mondays potd will be ridley.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
What if we got a Japan-only Direct to reveal one of Japan's most wanted characters and then we get an America-only direct to reveal one of the west's most wanted characters? It doesn't sound farfetched at this point, especially considering the same leaker that got Shulk's form-switching right also said Ridley would be playable.
The stance switch was leaked by Ninka, which is the guy who leaked Bowser Jr, Shulk, Duck Hunt Dog, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit.

Top Bottom