• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Turn into a plane thing. Also, c stick confirmed.

Please, don't get your hopes up for that. Might very well just be more Shulk.
I can only get my hopes up.
After Shulk in a japan only direct,
I fully expect Ridley to be west only.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Ridley confirmed to be at pax, gamexplain will be there.
I want to see Ash's reaction most.
Shulk in Japan direct,
Ridley at western PAX
LONG LIVE THE KING!
Don't jinx it! Though... would they really have a closed door thing for Shulk? Anyone who cared would know already. Game journalists will know already. Why have people at PAX just to show them what they already most likely saw? I guess my Ridley hope is unkillable until they show him or the game releases.

When is the PAX thing anyway in EST time?

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Don't jinx it! Though... would they really have a closed door thing for Shulk? Anyone who cared would know already. Game journalists will know already. Why have people at PAX just to show them what they already most likely saw? I guess my Ridley hope is unkillable until they show him or the game releases.

When is the PAX thing anyway in EST time?
I want to know that.
I hope it's after I get out of school today.
If not i'll just record it.

Dragalon

Smash Cadet
this direct is weird, nothing about it seems like something that should only be in japan, i mean all the stuff their showing is probably coming out it the west

also at the end of the trailer metal face speaks... ok xenoblade 3ds confirmed
but anyway it reminds me more of dark pit at the end of palutena's trailer

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
You have to realize that there are many bosses in the game.
I know. But most bosses haven't actually been shown/hinted at. So far, all hinted at characters that aren't playable have been confirmed immediately as not playable. That's the thing about Ridley. He was hinted at, but he was never talked about. Now there's this Metal Face, which is the same situation. If Sakurai talks about Metal face though, then that'll be good news for Ridley again.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

Main antagonist if I'm correct, Shulk seeks revenge against him
Hm...looks weird...still, his name sounds like a rejected name for Dr.Doom, who has a metal "face".
Is is bad when metal faces shadow showed up, I thought it was Ridley until he started speaking.
Too big for that and shape is really different.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Is Sakurai going to PAX? If not, I'm not really expecting a Ridley Reveal and I am more expecting the "You can play the demo from E3!" that was at Comic-Con. If he is... Let the Ridley begin!

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Sakurai has one last reveal trailer left. He's saving Ridley right before release!...I hope.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hm...looks weird...still, his name sounds like a rejected name for Dr.Doom, who has a metal "face".

Too big for that and shape is really different.
Metal Face is a Mechon, they don't have any faces, but the ones with faces can talk and have a VERY important secret!

they are actually giant mechs controlled by humans, so the Monado can't hurt them until Shulk gets the Monado II

gamer8

Smash Lord
Considering this leak is 100% real now since Shulk plays exactly like he did in the leaked footage, and there was another leak connected to it that surfaced before this one that also said the characters in that leak along with Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong and Chorus Men would be in that accurately described how Shulk and Bowser Jr. play, it looks like your time has finally come, Ridley supporters.

http://i.imgur.com/ERZBZqB.jpg

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
View attachment 23407

"Fancy meeting you here, Chozo Girl!"

Sorry, had to bring up an old WIP I made back then.
Oh god, finish that please.

Considering this leak is 100% real now since Shulk plays exactly like he did in the leaked footage, and there was another leak connected to it that surfaced before this one that also said the characters in that leak along with Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong and Chorus Men would be in that accurately described how Shulk and Bowser Jr. play, it looks like your time has finally come, Ridley supporters.

Oh, if only it was that easy. Sadly, that list of characters is not actually part of the Ninka leak. It was a seperate leak that had shown up before or after Ninka was posted. The only thing it has going for it is that it was posted before Ninka got popular (as Gematsu was rather strong at that point in time I guess?).

Last edited:

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
Metal Face was implied to be a stage boss. If that's true, then we know about two stages with a boss: Wily Castle and Gaur Plains. What I find especially interesting is that both these stages are available in both versions of the game (considering the leaked stage roster is true). Maybe stage bosses aren't exclusive to one version?

Darkraid

Smash Champion

This is which leak? Too many leaks I got confused. Bowser Jr moveset is legit.

G1_Shockwave

Smash Cadet

I feel that leak is the last hope

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

Still, we shouldn't rely only on that. But it does looks like it is connected to that ESBR leak and Shulk and Bowser Jr stuff is gotten right. How many modes does Shulk has? If 5...then this leak IS connected to ESBR leak or it is real. I still won't trust it for now.
EDIT: HE DOES HAS 5 MODES!

Last edited:
Metal Face was implied to be a stage boss. If that's true, then we know about two stages with a boss: Wily Castle and Gaur Plains. What I find especially interesting is that both these stages are available in both versions of the game (considering the leaked stage roster is true). Maybe stage bosses aren't exclusive to one version?
Don't forget Palutena's Temple. In the Smash Direct footage of it it said boss hp in the corner in Japanese.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman

While I would love to believe it, I believe the person who leaked stuff stated (though only after a month when Nintendo cracked down on that one leaker... >_>) that they never said Ridley/Dixie/Mewtwo, but that the css we saw wasn't fully unlocked. I think it's quite possible those are in since it reorganizes the css perfectly but I'm staying cautiously optimistic.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Why yes, you're right. Both versions have Gaur Plains. You might very well be onto something!

Top Bottom