• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
Where did all this King K. Rool stuff come from?
*cough* Let's get back to Ridley, ok?
For instance, if you could only have one of these things, would you rather have a playable Ridley or... THIS!
A playable Ridley, definately.

Last edited:

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
I know it's already been brought up before, but I really want a Ridley amiibo.
That would be an insta-buy. =D

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
For instance, if you could only have one of these things, would you rather have a playable Ridley or... THIS!
Pff, I will have at least one of those anyway. :p

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Here it is:

So, is he bigger or not? I didn't fully resized Ridley in this image at all. Pose may not be 100% accurate for obvious reasons, but it is close. I even reduced his wings' size to puny 2D Ridley size. Looks bigger IMO.
Geno Boost and TehEpicRyuga said:
*image with K.Rool either giant or small* lol nope
:drfacepalm:He was big more than once and he was small more than once. So, you can't prove that he isn't big or that he isn't small since he is both in different games and that tv show that i once watched somewhere. Like Bowser, Ridley is always big except for Melee intro and NES game (that isn't because of hardware limitations - Godzilla and co. had 2x bigger sprites in Godzilla Monster of Monsters without using multiple sprites and that was NES game too)
Playable Ridley. This plushie has twisted fingers and stuff like that. Poor plushie.

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Hold it your not taking everything to concept

If its japan exclusive they may get bad news because of smash bros japan being delayed as well

And wouldn't we get japans reaction first on ridley since they are less hype for him (like little mac)
I'm being realistic. Sure there is a fanbase for Metroid over there, and a fanbase for Ridley, but more people in the west care about the character and the series. I imagine the reaction would be better than Little Mac's, but only slightly better. It would probably be something like "oh, that dragon thing" or "who the heck is that?". I'm not sure if there'll be a delay for SSBf3DS, but it's possible I guess.

In other news, Sakurai retweeted the tweet for the Direct, so it's quite likely that there's Smash Bros. content in there, and perhaps a newcomer. It'll probably be Shulk (given that he's a JRPG character)... Even though I want him in, it would be very predictable for him to be shown. Too predictable... ._.

Yep, it was shulk.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Here it is:

So, is he bigger or not? I didn't fully resized Ridley in this image at all. Pose may not be 100% accurate for obvious reasons, but it is close. I even reduced his wings' size to puny 2D Ridley size. Looks bigger IMO.

Yup, quite a bit bigger. Great job with the pose btw.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm being realistic. Sure there is a fanbase for Metroid over there, and a fanbase for Ridley, but more people in the west care about the character and the series. I imagine the reaction would be better than Little Mac's, but only slightly better. It would probably be something like "oh, that dragon thing" or "who the heck is that?". I'm not sure if there'll be a delay for SSBf3DS, but it's possible I guess.
Ridley has a small fanbase in Japan, he was 2nd on some voting poll for who they might be interested in smash

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
Japanese Direct is now live, but it hasn't actually started yet.
Too bad for anyone who can't understand some Japanese. :gova:

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Seriously, size does not matter in Smash. If it does, you won't even be to see Olimar on screen.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Ridley has a small fanbase in Japan, he was 2nd on some voting poll for who they might be interested in smash
It's good to know they at least know him. Unlike Little Mac, who was pretty much 'murica only.
Also, Direct time. Let's see what happens.
EDIT: Hi Shulk! Hi Gaur Plains stage boss (possibly)!

Last edited:

Dragalon

Smash Cadet
i thought the shadow at the end was Ridley ;_:
edit: I then promptly realized it was obviously metal face

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Metal Face is a boss guys...

They're even teasing him...

It's over...

T.T

I'm sorry but this is the end...

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I decided to make other poses from 2D Metroid games for Brawley since i want to know to which Ridley's size he is closer. Next is Ridley-X.
It's good to know they at least know him. Unlike Little Mac, who was pretty much 'murica only.
And even those who don't know him will most likely like him more than a small boxer guy.

It's over...

T.T

Seriously? Will not everything end with "its over..."? And Ridley appeared in a Smash game as a boss, so, there is absolutely nothing to tease.

Last edited:

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman

It's over...

T.T

How come you always jump to conclusions? I did not realize Metal face was teased for more than a year, unless that was Metal face sakurai was alluding to.

CJReynz1492

Smash Rookie
Well this isn't good..now there's two shadows that have been shown and all the detractors are going to be using the "oh, so you guys must think think metal face is playable as well then, huh?"

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Shulk for Japan and Ridley for PAX come on!!!!

Me too, then I heard whatever the shadow was speak and it was too big to be Ridley.
I wouldn't be surprised if the thing at PAX is just footage of Shulk, or his English translated trailer. I desperately want it to be Ridley but I'm not getting my hopes too high at this point. If he's in maybe he really will be a secret unlockable. At least by then we'll know for sure.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Btw, the new AT section on the site states that Mother Brain can be killed if you attack her, there's your Metroid boss :p

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
i have a question
after ridley join SSB4 what are you going to do here?

a)start to request new charcter for SSB5
b)quit smashboards forever
c)keep talking about ridley
d)other
C and D of course. After Ridley will be playable, Metroid roster will be complete and everything else will be just extra and not must-have addition.

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
Well this isn't good..now there's two shadows that have been shown and all the detractors are going to be using the "oh, so you guys must think think metal face is playable as well then, huh?"
Oh god, didn't think about that. Meh. Metal Face is a robot (Kind of). If Soundwave can turn into a stereo, Metal Face can do something right? Right...?

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Ridley confirmed to be at pax, gamexplain will be there.
I want to see Ash's reaction most.
Shulk in Japan direct,
Ridley at western PAX
LONG LIVE THE KING!

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Oh god, didn't think about that. Meh. Metal Face is a robot (Kind of). If Soundwave can turn into a stereo, Metal Face can do something right? Right...?
Turn into a plane thing. Also, c stick confirmed.

Ridley confirmed to be at pax, gamexplain will be there.
I want to see Ash's reaction most.
Shulk in Japan direct,
Ridley at western PAX
LONG LIVE THE KING!
Please, don't get your hopes up for that. Might very well just be more Shulk.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Kind of a shame that Gaur Plains likely just got killed by a boss, looked to be a decent stage otherwise.

Also, at least Metal Face's shadow looked enormous and was shown alongside the stage's announcement.

Last edited:

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
if my lord ridley comes after shulk ( what i hope) then i think i am here for bit more and come back for smash 5 to give him my chear
if hes not in smash im hear for hoping ridey dlc charakter

Top Bottom