• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Shulk trailer may not have done anything to hinder Ridley's chances, but the 3DS Smash commercials sure did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OT5HX9QolQ

@0:20, at the bottom right.

All-Star Mode.

"1985-1986"

Ridley debuted in Metroid along with Power Suit Samus.

Yeah, that's the coffin's nail right there.

:(
Yeah, I'm sure they'd give away the entire roster in an advert.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
See? It worked, it worked ahahaha!
Are you a god? If yes - make Ridley playable in every SSB and Metroid game. NOW!
Even if you are not a god, you have awesome profile pic.

Also, DK debuted on NES console in 1986, but first appeared on arcades in 1981...still, there is Pit and Palutena missing, so...

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
R.O.B was released in 1985 in Japan guys. Kid Icarus was released in 1986 in Japan though, like Sakurai said in the Developer Direct 2013.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yeaaaah, so that's quite the heavy blow. It's a bit odd ZSS isn't there, but I guess she's counted towards Zero Mission's reveal.
You just might of hit something. If it is going by year appearance, Zammy appears at a much later date. Remember, Ridley is OTHER M based.

Dragalon

Smash Cadet
you guys be scaring me, don't do that!

on a side note I always thought Ridley's voice would sound like Metal face's it has a bit of a pirate accent to it

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
God that all star mode picture scared the bajeebus outta me for a second.

I don't think today's reveal impacted Ridley s chances at all, guys. Basically, another two weeks in the hole.

(However this means there are only two secret not clone newcomers left now that we know about, and I have trouble believing that that's all we're gonna get. Each character reveal pre game just means more hidden characters imo, so this kinda helps Ridley)

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
The pax thing is happening on other m anniversary.
Then that has to be when he is revealed. It's just too good of an opportunity to waste now.

Also, I should say, even thou it would be cool with me if he is a secret character, I just feel like Ridley deserves to be announced with a trailer. After 13 years of waiting, he's earned one.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Shulk trailer may not have done anything to hinder Ridley's chances, but the 3DS Smash commercials sure did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OT5HX9QolQ

@0:20, at the bottom right.

All-Star Mode.

"1985-1986"

Ridley debuted in Metroid along with Power Suit Samus.

Yeah, that's the coffin's nail right there.

:(
Where's Pit? The first Kid Icarus game was released in 1986. If you're going to say they're going by US/EU release dates, then where's Duck Hunt Dog (assuming he's in)? Duck Hunt was released in this time span in the west.

I don't know, you can never be too sure, though. He could be holding Ridley off still. Nothing is confirmed until Sakurai says it himself.

EDIT: Partially :4greninja: by Wariofan1

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Ridley, Pit, Palutena, and R.O.B could have been excluded because fighting 9 opponents in a row on a single stock was considered too difficult.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Pit.

Palutena.

Can I just say how much I love you two right now?

:4pit::4palutena:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
God that all star mode picture scared the bajeebus outta me for a second.

I don't think today's reveal impacted Ridley s chances at all, guys. Basically, another two weeks in the hole.
Basically this. I said it once and I'll say it again. Sukarai is the only source to deconfirm Ridley. NO OTHER SOURCE SHOULD GET A SECOND GLANCE IF IT'S NOT FROM SAKURAI!

On that note, Shulk's company just got added AFTER his reveal while ads for Smash came out BEFORE it's reveal, yet nothing showed characters who wasn't confirmed yet. Sakurai will reveal characters when HE feels so.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Pit.

Palutena.

Swamp, CUT IT! If you know something, tell us, if you don't, stop being mysterious...Ridley fans are going through enough right now!

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Swamp, CUT IT! If you know something, tell us, if you don't, stop being mysterious...

I think you should probably read for context...

I have absolutely no idea how you got what you did.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
you guys be scaring me, don't do that!

on a side note I always thought Ridley's voice would sound like Metal face's it has a bit of a pirate accent to it
You mean the YARRRRR kinda voice? I don't know, Scottish? Doesn't really seem Ridley-like to me, as much as I'd love me some Scot in Sm4sh.

Pit.

Palutena.

Oh, I've always loved them. Those two and their banter. And their banter with the other great characters. Whoops offtopic.

Anyway, PAX happening what on when 31th Other M anniversary? Is that truly true?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So since it says 1985-1986 I guess there will be a 1986-1987 too. Now it could be argued it's stupid that Ridley would be seperated from the others, but there's already 5 characters in this batch which really is A LOT.

@ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei That's a first for me at least.

Last edited:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
PAX is during the other M anniversary?

oh come on, then... if that is true, ridley HAS to be revealed there if he is indeed playable.

if we dont get a ridley reveal during PAX... then i think its safe to assume he is not playable... cause i see no other date for him to be given a trailer that would make any sense... and why wait until after the japanese release, when a random player would end up revealing him in a very non-spectacular way?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
You mean the YARRRRR kinda voice? I don't know, Scottish? Doesn't really seem Ridley-like to me, as much as I'd love me some Scot in Sm4sh.

Oh, I've always loved them. Those two and their banter. And their banter with the other great characters. Whoops offtopic.

Anyway, PAX happening what on when 31th Other M anniversary? Is that truly true?
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroid:_Other_M

Look at north america anniversary

Shulk is japans most wanted

And if pax is usa exclusive then he shows usas most wanted it fits easily.

Pax starts today and ends on september 1st and the 31st is other m usa anniversary

Thats what a call a end with a bang for pax.

Last edited:

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132

I think you should probably read for context...

I have absolutely no idea how you got what you did.
Honestly, that Pit/Palutina comment was pretty obvious XD

Swamp, CUT IT! If you know something, tell us, if you don't, stop being mysterious...Ridley fans are going through enough right now!
He was saying that they helped to make the All-Star video not deconfirm Ridley

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem

This is probably why I think that we are gonna get Other M Concept Art Ridley. I mean, other M, new Ridley model, perfect scale, it's got it all.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
So when is the official conference? If it really is on 30th-31st, and if there is a character reveal, Rids is the ONLY one that makes sense. Cool seeing Shulk, but with the American conference, I'd say it's about time Sakurai reveals the fate of the Purple Space Pirate Leader.

Dragalon

Smash Cadet

It did kind of feel off, the other voice I would read him in was basically Steve Blum/Amon style

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I think this is what Sakurai has been planning all this time with Ridley's reveal. It's all been an emotional roller coaster that he has sent us all on, and when it stops, we're gonna get the best prize ever for putting up with it till the very end.

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
So when is the official conference? If it really is on 30th-31st, and if there is a character reveal, Rids is the ONLY one that makes sense. Cool seeing Shulk, but with the American conference, I'd say it's about time Sakurai reveals the fate of the Purple Space Pirate Leader.
According to MyNintendoNews, it's the 3rd
Source

Nevermind, I'm dumb. That's the release date

Last edited:

"He's not the type of character that would usually appear in the Smash Bros. series, but we worked really hard to make it happen".

Come on Sakurai, please tell me you did the same to get Ridley in.

Source
October 3rd is the release date for the 3DS in America and EU.

Edit: I didn't see it say September 3rd?

Last edited:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Double Posting Warning Received
Source
I see... Still, if Ridley will be revealed in a trailer, THAT would be the Now or Never time to do so.

"He's not the type of character that would usually appear in the Smash Bros. series, but we worked really hard to make it happen".

Come on Sakurai, please tell me you did the same to get Ridley in.

October 3rd is the release date for the 3DS in America and EU.

Edit: I didn't see it say September 3rd?
Now you know if Ridley isn't playable, this line he said for Shulk has little to no worth anymore. Although I respect Sakurai, Ridley fans would have been trolled. Though, on the optimistic side that that isn't the case.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I see... Still, if Ridley will be revealed in a trailer, THAT would be the Now or Never time to do so.
Yeah, as I said, everything that has happened has lead up to this moment. Now that people are convinced that the leak is real with the Shulk reveal, Ridley's reveal would generate so much hype and trow everything back to surprise and mystery.

Also be careful not to double post, my friend.

Last edited:
Top Bottom