• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
I hope that they do announce Ridley, but do you guys really think that they will have a direct on a Sunday of all days? That doesn't seem that right to me, probably because they usually have them on the weekdays, that or I'm just dumb.

GO TEAM RIDLEY!!!

Japan other m anniversary is september 2nd

And the 3rd is Austria andEurope
Ladies and gentlemen....get your bodies ready...

I hope that they do announce Ridley, but do you guys really think that they will have a direct on a Sunday of all days? That doesn't seem that right to me, probably because they usually have them on the weekdays, that or I'm just dumb.

GO TEAM RIDLEY!!!
Might not be a direct, might be a Pac man type reveal. It's gonna be showed at PAX so it's likely not a direct.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I sure hope we do get Ridley this weekend, but I doubt it. Announcing two characters in a row like that... 'eh, its iffy, but I wouldn't mind that idea.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I think the POTD might be a Ridley hint. It was said that Ridley would be hard to make into a playable fighter. Well Sakurai is trying his best.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
You guys are seriously starting to make Ridley sound like a possibility this weekend.
Well....I'm all for it! Hope you guys are right! ^^ Good luck!!!!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

GO TEAM RIDLEY!!!
Japans anniversary is the 2nd of september.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I wonder if we will get anything. It's still a month away from Western release. Is it too early to hype the game?

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I think the POTD might be a Ridley hint. It was said that Ridley would be hard to make into a playable fighter. Well Sakurai is trying his best.
I wouldn't mind him being a boss, as long as Sakurai tried to make him playable.

Sakurai most likely knows that Japan is going to show us everything when they get the game so why not go full throttle on the reveals before everyone finds out through Japan?
Yeah. The time is almost there. Let's just hope there is at least one more trailer. One featuring giant wings and purple scales.

http://i.gyazo.com/34bb0668289b22466105574e41970435.png
guys i hate to say it but this could be a possible decofermation, its a pic of allstar mode from the commercial just put up and the series are arranged by release date which ridley missing from the year metriod released
Pit isn't there either.

Last edited:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
Japan other m anniversary is september 2nd

And the 3rd is Austria andEurope
and both are too late for PAX...

PAX is today, tomorrow, sunday, and monday is the final day... which is september 1st.

the conference can not possibly take place after the 1st, since PAX would be over.

so we have to get a ridley reveal this weekend... we just have to...

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
w
I wouldn't mind him being a boss, as long as Sakurai tried to make him playable.

Yeah. The time is almost there. Let's just hope there is at least one more trailer. One featuring giant wings and purple scales.

Pit isn't there either.
which is why i said its a possible one, the fact the samus is there and not ridley could say somethings

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I don't think they will announce Ridley for the Japanese anniversary of Other M, seeing how Japan dosn't really care for the Metroid series, and North American fans have been the ones who support both the series and Ridley the most. Japan get's a Shulk Reveal, and North America get's a Ridley reveal.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
So now you guys are dealing with Metal Face's shadow? Oh boy..
No one expects it playable though, nor did they expect it in the game.

The shadow for Metal Face doesn't effect Ridley's chances, I'm pretty sure that they don't want to show Metal Face off before going into details about the stage first.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
http://i.gyazo.com/34bb0668289b22466105574e41970435.png
guys i hate to say it but this could be a possible decofermation, its a pic of allstar mode from the commercial just put up and the series are arranged by release date which ridley missing from the year metriod released
If it deconfirms ridley

Why isn't
:4pit::4palutena::ganondorf::rob::4zss:

In that area of all star

(Rob was made in 1985)

So all star mode is not complete in that footage

Not even close to a deconfirmation.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I would mind him being a boss because that would mean he could have been revealed as one a long time ago in the Direct, and instead Sakurai just teased him just to hurt the fans. But no, Sakurai knows how bad we want him, and he wouldn't do something like that to piss everybody off. I beleive that he did this so that when the reveal dose happen, it will be so sweet and perfect.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
So now you guys are dealing with Metal Face's shadow? Oh boy..
You heard it boys! Science that stuff! Analyze the size and make no compromize!

I would mind him being a boss because that would mean he could have been revealed as one a long time ago in the Direct, and instead Sakurai just teased him just to hurt the fans. But no, Sakurai knows how bad we want him, and he wouldn't do something like that to piss everybody off. I beleive that he did this so that when the reveal dose happen, it will be so sweet and perfect.
I know, but I try to keep my hype under control.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
and both are too late for PAX...

PAX is today, tomorrow, sunday, and monday is the final day... which is september 1st.

the conference can not possibly take place after the 1st, since PAX would be over.

so we have to get a ridley reveal this weekend... we just have to...
Wrong

Usa anniversary is 31st during the pax prime in september

Usa wants ridley playable the most.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
Wrong

Usa anniversary is 31st during the pax prime in september

Usa wants ridley playable the most.
...what the hell? did you even read my ****ing post?

reading this post just... enraged me so much. :evil:

Isn't it Mewtwo they want the most?

Would be nice to have Ridley revealed this weekend.. but I highly doubt it.
im sorry, WHICH thread has over 1700 pages?

ridley is wanted the most... and since PAX is happening during the other M anniversary, it makes most sense for ridley to be revealed.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

"He's not the type of character that would usually appear in the Smash Bros. series, but we worked really hard to make it happen".

Come on Sakurai, please tell me you did the same to get Ridley in.
Off-topic but uh, Sakurai? Swordsmen, obscure characters, and miscellaneous characters aren't exactly foreign to Smash Bros.

But ya, seeing how quiet Shulk's reveal was outside of Japan, it would make sense for Ridley to have an inside-out Shulk treatment, Really big in North America and Europe, but almost non-existent in Japan

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Just when I thought miiverse couldn't get any dumber. They're all saying "omg! eggman confirmed!" because that's who they think was at the end of the trailer, rather than metalface. Also, this PAX thing better pay off. I want my Ridley reveal already!

Zekrom101

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zekrom101
Didn't the one guy from GameXplain say, that the SSB 3DS conference was today and that they would be there?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Isn't it Mewtwo they want the most?

Would be nice to have Ridley revealed this weekend.. but I highly doubt it.
No. He is wanted worldwide/whatever, so, he is overall more wanted, but Ridley is USA's most wanted. Most wanted NEWCOMMER for SSB4 is of course Ridley and only Shulk and K.Rool are close to him.

Last edited:

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Guys don't put your hopes up. I honestly don't think PAX will reveal anything after we have Shulk revealed a day earlier.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
...what the hell? did you even read my ****ing post?

reading this post just... enraged me so much. :evil:

im sorry, WHICH thread has over 1700 pages?

ridley is wanted the most... and since PAX is happening during the other M anniversary, it makes most sense for ridley to be revealed.
You concluded other m usa anniversary means nothing i don't see it in there.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Didn't the one guy from GameXplain say, that the SSB 3DS conference was today and that they would be there?
He said he didn't know when it was, but he'd keep us posted whenever he got news.

Guys don't put your hopes up. I honestly don't think PAX will reveal anything after we have Shulk revealed a day earlier.
We're almost out of time. If they want to reveal stuff, they have to do it now.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Just when I thought miiverse couldn't get any dumber. They're all saying "omg! eggman confirmed!" because that's who they think was at the end of the trailer, rather than metalface. Also, this PAX thing better pay off. I want my Ridley reveal already!
That's just straight up stupid, even by their standards. Then again I wouldn't be surprised if they still think Ridley's a boss even after he gets a playable confirmation trailer.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Then again I wouldn't be surprised if they still think Ridley's a boss even after he gets a playable confirmation trailer.
"Oh, that is boss video, not character gameplay! This is trailer for a boss and he is a newcommer boss because its Ridley's clone, not Ridley, so, he will appear in SSB for the first time!"
Can anyone make similar quotes mocking idiots? Not peoples from Miiverse, IDIOTS from Miiverse?

Only 2 weeks left. Finally, this debate will be over and i hope it will end in a good way.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Their way of reasoning is absolutely astonishing. It's like you show someone, say, a wheel, and that person starts claiming it's a pancake because both of them are round. Not only that, the person in question would then subsequently insist on eating it.

That's just straight up stupid, even by their standards. Then again I wouldn't be surprised if they still think Ridley's a boss even after he gets a playable confirmation trailer.
Oh, he would probably be a playable boss.

By the way, I greatly recommend the TvTropes character page for Metroid. Reading all this about Ridley just makes your heart go yonder~

Last edited:
Top Bottom