• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

While I would love to believe it, I believe the person who leaked stuff stated (though only after a month when Nintendo cracked down on that one leaker... >_>) that they never said Ridley/Dixie/Mewtwo, but that the css we saw wasn't fully unlocked. I think it's quite possible those are in since it reorganizes the css perfectly but I'm staying cautiously optimistic.
^^^
This.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Met a detractor on Gamexplain's video of Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS saying Ridley won't happen as there is nothing to advertise him. Yes, even non Ridley fans are beating him to a pulp.
Speaking of the port, I wonder if it works on the normal 3ds and that it isn't exclusive to the "New"

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
shulk... well, i'd be more excited for him if it didnt further confirm that... thing...

*horrible flashbacks to the pre-thread-lockdown*

GAAH! KILL ME! KILL ME NOW!!!

we still know nothing about ridley, though... does it confirm him, or not?

...since the shulk reveal was japanese-only, it'd be nice... NICE, but unlikely... if ridley was a western-only reveal, and was shown at PAX... but when is PAX, exactly?

is it already happening? or what?

i dont keep track of conventions, cause i never have the money to go to them... being poor sucks.

the only thing that can save me from a guaranteed death now is ridley swooping in to save me... SAVE ME, MY LORD!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Enough straying into off topic hype talk. Anymore Xenoblade/leak stuff not having to do with Ridley belongs not in this thread.

Personally, I don't think anything has changed at all. Shulk was happening regardless of leaks, and Metal Face means about as much for Ridley as Yellow Devil does. In other words, next to nothing at all.

As for PAX, I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything character-wise.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
So I just Watched the Shulk trailer, and holy cr*p it was good! But then it hit me, that shadow at the end was definitely hinting at someone, it's obviously not Ridley in the trailer, but it feels too similar to Ridley. Please be hinting at a PAX reveal......

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
True there may be nothing character-wise at PAX but I'd still like to know when it's going on. It seems nobody knows yet I guess?

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Well, Shulk now proves the leak is 100% real, which proves there are more characters left, which gives hope to see Ridley!

Ridley1994

Smash Cadet
Shulk has been revealed no surprise there. Ridley chances have remained the same or increased depending on sources.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yes, what about him? Did he have a playable character fanbase? Did Yellow Devil have one? Does Metal Face have one? Why is Ridley so damn small this time around?
Geez you guys are so defensive.

I just brought him up to show that bosses weren't always on both versions.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
so now we just wait until PAX... and hope to god ridley is confirmed there.

i mean, people didnt expect a newcomer in that japanese direct... so any doubts about a newcomer being revealed at PAX should just be brushed aside for now.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
...That Shulk trailer is making me nervous. All we have of Ridley is a shadow and no name, and now we have the exact same amount of hinting for the Metal Face. The only thing supporting us is that Ridley's been teased for a full year, and is one of the top most requested characters.

That has to count for something.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
No, Ridley has to be Revealed soon, it's just too good o an opportunity waste if he isn't, All this teasing and waiting has to pay off, and this is the absolute perfect time for it to pay off.

GUY GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!
I just went to the site, and the newcomer approaching banner for shulk isn't there! They wouldn't do that unless there's another character to be announced!

UPDATE: It's there now, scratch that.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
We're definitely coming down to the "bottom of the barrel", as there's at least one or two more trailers to be shown off. There's a lot going for a character reveal that supports mostly the western audience coming soon. No matter how unlikely it could be Ridley, there's only two weeks left. Trailer or no trailer, Ridley WILL be confirmed one way or another no matter how much you deny it.

With that said:

Last edited:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
I'm seriously expecting a reveal at pax. It's obvious they are not afraid to reveal something for one country only, and then have the other countries play catch-up, like E3 and now this Direct. So a closed door reveal for Ridley and hell maybe even DHD would not surprise me.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
No, Ridley has to be Revealed soon, it's just too good o an opportunity waste if he isn't, All this teasing and waiting has to pay off, and this is the absolute perfect time for it to pay off.
What if the PAX thing is a continuation of Shulks trailer? Starts off where the shadow of Metal Face was. Another shadow looms in and Shulk has a vision. He moves out of the way and Ridley swoops in and decimates Metal Face. Wishful thinking perhaps, but I'm good at that. I agree if Ridley is being revealed the clock is ticking and it would be soon, but it doesn't mean it'd be today.

For all we know if PAX is getting a reveal it could be DHD or Bowser Jr. Not saying I want that to be the case though. There's always the "maybe he is just a boss" which I'm not trying to start anything with. It's not what I want and I don't think it's what's going to happen but I'm also keeping the idea in my head just in case.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So I just Watched the Shulk trailer, and holy cr*p it was good! But then it hit me, that shadow at the end was definitely hinting at someone, it's obviously not Ridley in the trailer, but it feels too similar to Ridley. Please be hinting at a PAX reveal......
Heres the thing: Metal Face may not have been named or confirmed, but he spoke and was shown to be gigantic.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
So...this Shulk guy is confirmed...sigh....more waiting for Ridley....how depressing.

Dragalon

Smash Cadet
okay I just want to say one thing about metal face, remember how it took them a few days to clear things up about chrom, it will most likely be the same here
give it some time and i'm sure he'll be shown off and Ridley will remain a mystery
even if they don't, guys remember dark pit?

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
God when that shadow came in I almost had a heart attack, for a second I thought it was going to be Ridley.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
okay I just want to say one thing about metal face, remember how it took them a few days to clear things up about chrom, it will most likely be the same here
give it some time and i'm sure he'll be shown off and Ridley will remain a mystery
even if they don't, guys remember dark pit?
What do you mean, in time... The game is out in two weeks. There is no time, and all the mysteries will be solved.

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
What if the PAX thing is a continuation of Shulks trailer? Starts off where the shadow of Metal Face was. Another shadow looms in and Shulk has a vision. He moves out of the way and Ridley swoops in and decimates Metal Face. Wishful thinking perhaps, but I'm good at that. I agree if Ridley is being revealed the clock is ticking and it would be soon, but it doesn't mean it'd be today.
I'd love this, purely so Ridley can be like "Fudge the rules Imma purple dragon pirate! From space!"

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
After the whole Shadow...foreshadowing it would be insulting on the level of tripping if Ridley wasn't in smash4 so I'm not worried.
I'm sure of it this time, he's gonna be announced soon. I refuse to believe Sakurai has been hyping us all just to slap us in the face with Ridley as a boss. He has to be playable this time.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Just waked up and, yikes, looks like I successfully predicted Shulk yesterday on a whim. Can I get a two-for-two with Ridley at PAX?

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
Geez you guys are so defensive.

I just brought him up to show that bosses weren't always on both versions.
You did bring up a good point, and if we understood what you were saying, nobody would argue with you or get defensive in any way. It seems most people on here are relatively level headed and open to legit debate (ie new arguments, not "TOO BIG!") It was confusing 0.o
That being said, it's pretty illogical and crazy to assume EVERYTHING hints at Ridley.
Crazy, but kind of fun. So I say go for it!
1707 pages of Ridley: that means Ridley confirmed!

Last edited:
Top Bottom