• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Meta-Ridley would probably be my first choice for an alternate costume.
I agree. Meta Ridley would be the best choice for a possible alt costume.

...Are you sure they aren't white by default? Anyway, i doubt someone will care about that.
Funny, I thought that brains were a darker shade of gray. Well, at least once the blood has been drained.

Last edited:
Even though wasn't expecting it was still hoping for a direct/trailer tomorrow because I'm not going to be by a computer for the rest of the week. Blegh.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
He rebuilt his chest armor with phazite (that was the name of that kind of phazon armor, right?) when he was above pool of phazon. So, he needs phazon for that. And i doubt phazon would just disappear after Final Smash along with his armor.
Hey, guy? Phazon canonically has No Ontological Inertia. There doesn't need to be an explanation, just have him get hit by a Leviathan to kick it off, then he becomes Omega Ridley due to Phazon presence, then the Leviathan and Phazon disappear when time's up. No need to get nitpicky. :p

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
They're actually pink. They only become white once it stops receiving blood.
you do realize its the BLOOD that makes them pink, right?

white + red = pink

anyway, why the hell did this topic turn into a discussion on the color of brains?

what the hell did i miss?

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
you do realize its the BLOOD that makes them pink, right?

white + red = pink

anyway, why the hell did this topic turn into a discussion on the color of brains?

what the hell did i miss?
... I already knew that. I thought that was obvious enough when I said that they lose their pinkiness once they stop receiving blood.

That PotD though... I wonder if we'll get Ridley in a Speedo.
Must... resist...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Have some more Legoley!

Lego is so, so much fun.
I'm a goddamn nerd.
No regrets
Recruit, if you want to rank up in the Space Pirate army you better sort yourself out and get more purple Lego pieces! Imagine if the commander caught you playing with black Legos...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think we might need the thread title changed tommorow if nothing Ridley related happens: staying strong for a year. Or something like that

Recruit, if you want to rank up in the Space Pirate army you better sort yourself out and get more purple Lego pieces! Imagine if the commander caught you playing with black Legos...
Zero Missionly is black in the cutscenes, isn't he?

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I just went with the Zeroley color palette because purple didn't actually look good. Hey, black and red is cool too you know!

Or very, very dark grey Legos.
That movie is best movie.

... I already knew that. I thought that was obvious enough when I said that they lose their pinkiness once they stop receiving blood.

Must... resist...
Off topic: poop is brown because it contains the pigments of blood or blood stuff or something. I can't recall and can't be bothered to look it up either.

On topic: Roidley's bulge compels you.
Cpt. Falcon's bulge too, to an extent.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Zero Missionly is black in the cutscenes, isn't he?
Sort of, it's a light black (if that's even a thing), his colors are a bit inconsistent between the cutscenes, his in-game appearance and the concept art, but the right color would probably be the brown one he has in-game.

Grillus Eel

Smash Rookie
I don't care how late in the game it is, I'm throwing in my support for Ridley as a playable fighter. About bloody time he got his due.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Sigh...another quick sketch I only did for practice and I will never finish it.

Untitled.png

I was just testing some brushes and one in particular made it look like a background with light.

Last edited:

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725

View attachment 22121
I was just testing some brushes and one is particular made it look like a background with light.
Ridley, what did you expect when you break into Palutenas home, and feed her army to metroids?

But really, awesome sketch. :D

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Ridley, what did you expect when you break into Palutenas home, and feed her army to metroids?

But really, awesome sketch. :D
You mean Komayto's, right?

View attachment 22121
I was just testing some brushes and one in particular made it look like a background with light.
I still haven't figured anything out beyond the standard brush.

I don't care how late in the game it is, I'm throwing in my support for Ridley as a playable fighter. About bloody time he got his due.
The longer the wait, the sweeter the reward.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
You mean Komayto's, right?
...what would happen if the Metroids encountered the Komaytos, or if the Space pirate found them. Would Hades care his troops were getting kidnapped by space pirates? And, do the pirate from Kid Icarus and Ridleys group know about each other? Maybe Ridley sent the space kraken. Ridley, has krakens now.

What have you done!?

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Another ridley supporter coming in :)
You know what they say, the more the merrier!

Bugger. Wrong villain quote. Sorry.

...what would happen if the Metroids encountered the Komaytos, or if the Space pirate found them. Would Hades care his troops were getting kidnapped by space pirates? And, do the pirate from Kid Icarus and the Ridleys group know about each other. Maybe Ridley sent the space kraken. Ridley, has krakens now.

What have you done!?
That was actually Phantoon's guest appearance in KI:U. Ridley did the voice of one of Hewdraw's heads.

Last edited:

AlexTLW

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexTLW
3DS FC
0688-5455-7010
Welcome supporter! you found the Ridley supporters sanctuary. A place the Ridley detractors and haters are repelled. A place where you can have common sense and not get insulted by it. :)

Nintendicted

Smash Cadet
Something that someone brought up here earlier, I don't remember who, but they mentioned something about Pac-man's trailer, and it got me thinking about for people who don't follow E3, but do the POTD's, the Pac-man reveal was on a completely random day without a previous nintendo direct that had the trailer, it was just Pac-man revealed, showing Sakurai doesn't always use a direct or trailer announcement, it was just random, which could potentially happen for Ridley soon.

D

Deleted member

The fact that it was announced behind closed doors initially with a trailer and a match where Sakurai played as Pac-Man means it's a special case.
Just because it was random to people who didn't follow E3 and the Tweeted news about Pac-Man doesn't mean it was random in general.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Something that someone brought up here earlier, I don't remember who, but they mentioned something about Pac-man's trailer, and it got me thinking about for people who don't follow E3, but do the POTD's, the Pac-man reveal was on a completely random day without a previous nintendo direct that had the trailer, it was just Pac-man revealed, showing Sakurai doesn't always use a direct or trailer announcement, it was just random, which could potentially happen for Ridley soon.
Well, the Pacman reveal WAS a E3, just behind closed doors. Random in how it was revealed definitely, but not so much in the timing, as it was, E3.

Zekrom101

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zekrom101

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
You guys don't know how hard it is to not say Ridley won't be in Smash

Top Bottom