• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

kisamehoshi34

Smash Apprentice
Here is a fun fact: That statement means NOTHING! Secret newcomers are a thing, remember?
maybe but still we don't know how many newcomer video are left and if secret newcomer will get one(that I doubt) so if we get one late august then will get another one 2 week after? befor released if we get one around of 27-29 august

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
So far no direct announcement.
But at least we saw ZSS in a bikini? :laugh:
Fortunately, we didn't. We instead got ZSS in that outfit she is wearing in one of the "endings" or whatever they are in Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission.

Anyway, i decided to do something and it is something about Ridley's size - i compared sizes of all available Ridley models (even Little Birdie and Dogley) to Samus (all of them are in more-or-less natural for them poses...i think...). Here is what i've got:

I can make screenshots above with T-Posed models too, but it won't be really fair with adult Ridleys since they would never stand like that. I resized Other M Samus' model to find how much i need to resize other Ridleys from Other M so they would have correct size compared to Brawl Ridley. Here is just their models T-Posed and compared to each other:

Cue the @The Soulless One and his/her family shipping with these 5...hm...who will be the mom and who will be the child then? That would be a perfect sitcom - Ridley family! Yeah, those 3 (5?) decided to play one happy family to get the prize in a contest, but can't really behave like a family and most of the time, their dinner ends with slaughter...or something like that...i dunno...

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
But the brinstar being the 3ds stage helps Ridley again. Ridleys not even on that stage so if Ridleys a hazard wouldn't he be one for both versions.
It actually doesn't. Brinstar is simply a returning stage, the actual 3DS Metroid stage is yet to be revealed (as well as the DK stage and a few more).

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
This insanity is brought to you by lack of confirmations© LLC
Fixed for ya.
It can be canceled temporarily by the Watergh, but that thing has its own effects.

*Lack of Confirmations© LLC holds no responsibility for any human casualties brought by murderous insane Ridley supporters because we are part of them, so, GIVE ME YOUR FACE, please.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
It always gets me how derpy Brawley looks from the front on. I had some screenshots of that somewhere...

Did you get these models from the games yourself?

And, um, Brinstar's back.

Damn it, I hated Brinstar in Smash. Not that it does anything to Ridley's chances anyway.

Nothing Ridley here, moving on.

EDIT: Not even Brinstar Depths. Just Brinstar.

No Kraid...

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Ok i will take your word for it but wheres the sonic one for the 3ds then.
In the same place the Metroid and Donkey Kong stages are. Though with Sonic being a third party franchise, I am not sure if it will get a brand new stage.

You don't need to take my word, you can instead look at previous games. Take Brawl for example:

- Onett returned, we got New Pork City
- Temple returned, we got Bridge of Eldin and Pirate Ship
- Yoshi's Island and Rainbow Cruise returned, we got Mushroom Kingdom and Delfino Island
- Corneria returned, we got the Star Fox stage I forgot the name
- Green Greens returned, we got Halberd
- Brinstar returned, we got Frigate Orpheon
- Jungle Japes returned, we got Rumble Falls
- Pokémon Stadium returned, we got Pokémon Stadium 2 and Spear Pillar

So I am fairly sure there are new Metroid and Donkey Kong stages for Smash 3DS (and a new Kirby stages for Smash Wii U).

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
It always gets me how derpy Brawley looks from the front on. I had some screenshots of that somewhere...

Did you get these models from the games yourself?
Angelglory's profile pic (or at least one of them) perfectly shows that.

Yes. And all of models from SSBB and Metroid Other M.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
No. They will horribly die from radiation induced by Ridley Nuke. And that will be awesome. Mostly because Ridley Nuke will hit internet and we will get Ridley in Sm4sh.

Link to that please unless it is personal message or something like that.

I did something really bizzare:
Yeah...
This needs to be in the OP.

Fortunately, we didn't. We instead got ZSS in that outfit she is wearing in one of the "endings" or whatever they are in Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission.

Anyway, i decided to do something and it is something about Ridley's size - i compared sizes of all available Ridley models (even Little Birdie and Dogley) to Samus (all of them are in more-or-less natural for them poses...i think...). Here is what i've got:

I can make screenshots above with T-Posed models too, but it won't be really fair with adult Ridleys since they would never stand like that. I resized Other M Samus' model to find how much i need to resize other Ridleys from Other M so they would have correct size compared to Brawl Ridley. Here is just their models T-Posed and compared to each other:

Cue the @The Soulless One and his/her family shipping with these 5...hm...who will be the mom and who will be the child then? That would be a perfect sitcom - Ridley family! Yeah, those 3 (5?) decided to play one happy family to get the prize in a contest, but can't really behave like a family and most of the time, their dinner ends with slaughter...or something like that...i dunno...
Damn. Are those their in-game sizes? They look so menacing, it's awesome!
I feel like a size comparison between actual-size Roidley and Samus must be added to the second post, to demonstrate how small the in-game Ridley actually is.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Damn. Are those their in-game sizes? They look so menacing, it's awesome!
I feel like a size comparison between actual-size Roidley and Samus must be added to the second post, to demonstrate how small the in-game Ridley actually is.
Yes. Nearly exactly same as in those games, maybe a little bit off. Samus' model used in those images was resized to be 1:1 with Samus model in SSBB (with Metroid Other M Samus model hack of course). I thought Dogley was smaller.
I don't think they look small. They are as big as in Zero Mission/Metroid Prime/MP 3 (Omega Ridley). Doesn't means it is a problem.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Hey, I've been meaning to ask: Does Ridley in Other M have a tongue?
Yes. But unfortunately, it is glued to his lower jaw. In cutscene, it moves while he roars. But not in the game. It gets damaged too...i guess that is really painful since there is blood and it is tongue...
It's the teeth, to me. The teeth sticking out makes him look kinda derpy to me. Definitely prefer Meta-Ridley (or Omega Ridley).
I think it also looks like that because of his eyes.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Yes. Nearly exactly same as in those games, maybe a little bit off. Samus' model used in those images was resized to be 1:1 with Samus model in SSBB (with Metroid Other M Samus model hack of course). I thought Dogley was smaller.
I don't think they look small. They are as big as in Zero Mission/Metroid Prime/MP 3 (Omega Ridley). Doesn't means it is a problem.
Whoops. No, sorry, I messed my wording up. What I meant to say was that the pictures of the 1:1 ish models or whatever they should be called (real size?) should be put next to the pictures of the predicted sizes, as we have concluded from the shadow.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Here is size comparison part 1 of Roidley (he is as big as Ridley, so, i can just use him) and other Other M bosses in their in-game poses (except for Roidley, because he should stand on his 2):
This is just for those who wants to know how big he is compared to any other OM boss. No side view for now. And f***ing hell, Phantoon is GIANT. Those images tell us that Ridley isn't even one of the top 3 biggest Metroid or Metroid Other M bosses. His size isn't that important. It just gives him longer range and larger hitbox/hurtbox/whatever.
Whoops. No, sorry, I messed my wording up. What I meant to say was that the pictures of the 1:1 ish models or whatever they should be called (real size?) should be put next to the pictures of the predicted sizes, as we have concluded from the shadow.
Well, first, i need someone who has Roidley model resized to fit SSB4 predicted size (concluded from shadow analisys) to tell me how much he increased his size (Roidley's model is actually smaller than Jigglypuff's, so, he needs to be resized to be bigger anyway). Then i will compare sizes. Otherwise, i can't do that properly.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

GLORIOUS REFERENCES! This is a mine of PURE GOLD for me!

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Late to the party, but Brainstar on 3DS? Such a thing returning only strengthens the desire for a Fusion/MPH stage on said system.

Sakurai knows exactly what he's doing with this PotD. If his love of pleasing fans is consistent, we'll see something very soon.
Best not to expect anything tomorrow for reasons already mentioned. What I kinda worry about though because of the timing, is if he thinks all us Metroid fans care about is a sexy Samus, which wouldn't help with that stereotype against the fanbase. >.>

So with today's potd I am fully expecting a ridley in shorts alt.
Honestly, would've expected an edited image of that already with all the Zero Suit Ridley's I've had to see here.

xD I honestly think Ridley would like that PotD....
Not sure she would like it though.

Ridley looks so lonely, with a planet all to himself like that...makes me sad...

C'mon Mister Sam-your-eye...he could really use some playmates! =(
I think that loneliness resulted in Ridley running out of other planets to take over. Poor guy.

Here is size comparison part 1 of Roidley (he is as big as Ridley, so, i can just use him) and other Other M bosses in their in-game poses (except for Roidley, because he should stand on his 2):
This is just for those who wants to know how big he is compared to any other OM boss. No side view for now. And f***ing hell, Phantoon is GIANT.
Nice comparisons, but wow. Phantoon's so big it literally took me a minute or so to see where Roidley was actually standing.

Phantoon must've been jelly how Ridley was just a little taller than it in Super Metroid, so it decided afterward to feed on some limitless energy source to dwarf him.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Wait, there were Wolf haters before Brawl's release?
Um, yeah? Barely anyone here took Wolf support seriously at the time, but he was much more liked elsewhere; just the Krystal fans were louder.

Barring the NES design, Ridley's tongue in any form was always obvious to me.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Part 2:
Ridley is small compared to some of these guys...There is not many bosses that are SMALLER than him. I had to change Ridley's pose since i accidentaly deleted him without saving this pose. It is still close to what it have been before. I will also compare Roidley to NSMB Wii Bowser.
Nice comparisons, but wow. Phantoon's so big it literally took me a minute or so to see where Roidley was actually standing.

Phantoon must've been jelly how Ridley was just a little taller than it in Super Metroid, so it decided afterward to feed on some limitless energy source to dwarf him.
And then we've got the biggest Metroid boss of all time. Looks like he went way over the limit. His "head" got bigger too.
View attachment 22100 I am a dumb.

Could've sworn Zero Mission had no tongue...
In pre-battle cutscene, it is clearly shown.

D

Deleted member

Hang on...Andrea approves of Soulless shipping? ALARM ALARM! SHE DRANK THE WATER! CODE RED! CODE REEEEEED!
I think she was more referring to the Ridley models that @ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros collected.

My Shipping would be something that she would never condone.

Last edited by a moderator:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Um, yeah? Barely anyone here took Wolf support seriously at the time, but he was much more liked elsewhere; just the Krystal fans were louder.
Its just that I was pretty young at the time, and I hadn't fully immersed myself into gaming. Heck, I once played Melee at a Mc.Donald's and thought it was Brawl, I was that young. I also thought the Cracker Launcher was a bazooka...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Wait, there were Wolf haters before Brawl's release?
Wolf had to compete with Krystal, and Krystal was very popular back then. The hate for Wolf was only multiplied when he actually made it in over her, but has since almost completely vanished.

It's kind of funny how the only other two very popular characters that didn't make it in Brawl besides Ridley, those being Krystal and Geno, don't have much support anymore while Ridley's is going stronger than ever, goes to show that Ridley would certainly be a worthwhile inclusion. I guess Mega Man also had some support back then, but most 3rd party support went to Sonic and Geno as far as I experienced, while K. Rool was somewhat of an underdog at that point because of Diddy support.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Bowser in NSMB Wii either is resized by code/coding itself or he is exactly same size.
Anyway, Part 3:
That is the last part i guess...Its so hard to find right model because they didn't used actual NAMES and decided to use NUMBERS! Wouldn't it be easier for them if those files would have actual names instead of just numbers? There is no full guides unfortunately.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Hi, I'm back! I somehow got lost and went into the Issac Thread, but now I'm back.
Anything happen while I was gone? Any Ridley-culous leaks or stuff?

Top Bottom