• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Bowser in NSMB Wii either is resized by code/coding itself or he is exactly same size.
Anyway, Part 3:
That is the last part i guess...Its so hard to find right model because they didn't used actual NAMES and decided to use NUMBERS! Wouldn't it be easier for them if those files would have actual names instead of just numbers? There is no full guides unfortunately.
Wow, King Kihunter is only slightly smaller than Roidley, this is great to know

Dracandros

Smash Cadet
Wait, there were Wolf haters before Brawl's release?
Yes, because before I played him, I really disliked his inclusion. It wasn't logical hate - and it was dislike that ended about 15 minutes after playing him for the first time - but I did.

A big part of that was because Ridley and Mewtwo were snubbed and that I just HATED that ZSS design. I don't hate it now obviously, and they can do what they want to her as long as I get Ridley. I actually like the PotD anyway. >.<

Thankfully, I think the PotD doesn't mean anything in regards to Ridley's playability. ZSS was created because Ridley wasn't, and now he's teased Ridley to no end all while revealing ZSS relatively early on. I have no clue what will happen in the next few days, but unless he's shown as some Wii U game mode boss or something, we should get a playable Ridley.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros Have you considered putting Other M Samus in those pictures along with Ridley? It could really help with the size comparisons.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros Where is Nintendo Land Ridley in that pic?
WiiU models can't be ripped for now. So, no Nintendo Land Ridley for you.
Wow, King Kihunter is only slightly smaller than Roidley, this is great to know
This is just what we SEE. He may be even bigger inside that hive.
@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros Have you considered putting Other M Samus in those pictures along with Ridley? It could really help with the size comparisons.
I will put her later - too tired after searching for all of that stuff.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Wolf had to compete with Krystal, and Krystal was very popular back then. The hate for Wolf was only multiplied when he actually made it in over her, but has since almost completely vanished.

It's kind of funny how the only other two very popular characters that didn't make it in Brawl besides Ridley, those being Krystal and Geno, don't have much support anymore while Ridley's is going stronger than ever, goes to show that Ridley would certainly be a worthwhile inclusion. I guess Mega Man also had some support back then, but most 3rd party support went to Sonic and Geno as far as I experienced, while K. Rool was somewhat of an underdog at that point because of Diddy support.
Krystal's support increased somewhat significantly again after the Star Fox Wii U reveal, to be fair. With Metroid not having had a game since 2010 though unlike the franchises most of those other mentioned characters are from, Ridley's nevertheless still strong support goes to show how much he'd be a worthwhile inclusion, like you said.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I've been thinking about a Final Smash. Omega Ridley would boost his attacks and range of mandatory projectiles temporarily, because the size doesn't increase, it won't be a problem! Ridley would get super armour like Giga Bowser, but will stop his attacks for a split second when hit. And when the transformation is over, a blue explosion occurs, getting rid of the Phazon in his body

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I did something really bizzare:
Yeah...
That would've been a far better outcome for story's sake than have the queen steal Samus a chance to do something on her own for once in the game (just like everyone else did).

That would be a perfect sitcom - Ridley family! Yeah, those 3 (5?) decided to play one happy family to get the prize in a contest, but can't really behave like a family and most of the time, their dinner ends with slaughter...or something like that...i dunno...
Ridley is the (relatively) cool headed leader that tends to be the one that gets **** done, but snaps very easily. He plays the "father" role.
Meta is the (relatively) maniacal cynic that is specially rude to everyone (by that I mean, he kills them the most brutal way possible). He plays the "mother" role because of a comment Ridley made about his temperament.
Roidley is the (relatively) dumb and innocent one who's often the butt monkey, for natural reasons. He plays the "uncle" role (since he still legitimately believes Ridley is his bro).
Dogley is the group's dog because he doesn't do that much other than making animalistic noises and crapping on the carpet.
And Birdley is the one that (comically enough) tends to get the bunch out of some giant mess. He of course is the "kid".

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I've been thinking about a Final Smash. Omega Ridley would boost his attacks and range of mandatory projectiles temporarily, because the size doesn't increase, it won't be a problem! Ridley would get super armour like Giga Bowser, but will stop his attacks for a split second when hit. And when the transformation is over, a blue explosion occurs, getting rid of the Phazon in his body
It would make no sense for him to suddenly gain armor that REPLACES parts of his body and they suddenly become normal. Giga Bowser is at least easily explained by Bowser being able to use magic.
That would've been a far better outcome for story's sake than have the queen steal Samus a chance to do something on her own for once in the game (just like everyone else did).

Ridley is the (relatively) cool headed leader that tends to be the one that gets **** done, but snaps very easily.
Meta is the (relatively) maniacal cynic that is specially rude to everyone (by that I mean, he kills them the most brutal way possible).
Roidley is the (relatively) dumb and innocent one who's often the butt monkey, for natural reasons.
Dogley is the group's dog.
And Birdley is the one that (comically enough) tends to get the bunch out of some giant mess.
Yeah, a f***ing space dragon riding a freaking giant crocodile-metroid abomination with a little furby thing on its neck for whatever reasons and all of that with a nuclear explosion in the background. F*** YEAH!

I like that idea. Dogley just needs colar/whatever around his neck.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
And, um, Brinstar's back.

Damn it, I hated Brinstar in Smash. Not that it does anything to Ridley's chances anyway.

Nothing Ridley here, moving on.

EDIT: Not even Brinstar Depths. Just Brinstar.

No Kraid...

I feel you, why is it the Melee stages with obnoxious gimmicks are the ones that get brought back, while the cool ones get the shaft? Nothing pissed 9 year-old me off more than flipping to the Melee stages section in Brawl and seeing that Princess Peach's Castle didn't get brought back, but instead that f***ing abomination that is Rainbow Cruise was brought back instead.

Sorry for getting off-topic, just needed to rant a bit.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It would make no sense for him to suddenly gain armor that REPLACES parts of his body and they suddenly become normal. Giga Bowser is at least easily explained by Bowser being able to use magic.
Sonic loses the Chaos Emeralds and can obtain them again in a few minutes when they are scattered around the world. Also, I have an explanation for Omega Ridley transformation!

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
The Omega Ridley fight kinda did that though, with how he summoned some fresh Phazon armor to replace what was previously on his chest that only the Nova Beam with x-ray vision could pierce.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I actually use that concept that makes no sense.....you have seen it, sometimes when I draw the Ridley and Roidley stuff.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
The Omega Ridley fight kinda did that though, with how he summoned some fresh Phazon armor to replace what was previously on his chest that only the Nova Beam with x-ray vision could pierce.
He rebuilt his chest armor with phazite (that was the name of that kind of phazon armor, right?) when he was above pool of phazon. So, he needs phazon for that. And i doubt phazon would just disappear after Final Smash along with his armor.
Sonic loses the Chaos Emeralds and can obtain them again in a few minutes when they are scattered around the world. Also, I have an explanation for Omega Ridley transformatoin!
Well, any other example? If yes, then ok, but transformation FS for Ridley would be a bad idea IMO.
In the middle of battle...?
I actually use that concept that makes no sense.....you have seen it, sometimes when I draw the Ridley and Roidley stuff.
In your images, he doesn't instantly transforms into Omega Ridley. He just replaces more parts than in previous image and not all at once. So, it makes sense in this case since he replaces those parts "off-screen".

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
He rebuilt his chest armor with phazite (that was the name of that kind of phazon armor, right?) when he was above pool of phazon. So, he needs phazon for that. And i doubt phazon would just disappear after Final Smash along with his armor.

Well, any other example? If yes, then ok, but transformation FS for Ridley would be a bad idea IMO.
In the middle of battle...?

In your images, he doesn't instantly transforms into Omega Ridley. He just replaces more parts than in previous image and not all at once. So, it makes sense in this case since he replaces those parts "off-screen".
It was only a suggestion, and besides, trying to stay canon in smash never happens

avgjoe

Smash Cadet
so this is like super ancient but, do you guys know anything about the hidden NES Ridley in the Greninja trailer? i just heard about it and checked it out. i personally can't make anything distinguishable out of the rock, i was wondering if someone has outlined where the supposed NES Ridley is.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
so this is like super ancient but, do you guys know anything about the hidden NES Ridley in the Greninja trailer? i just heard about it and checked it out. i personally can't make anything distinguishable out of the rock, i was wondering if someone has outlined where the supposed NES Ridley is.
I thought that first originated from this thread

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Dyna Blade would probably be my first choice for an alternate costume. :smash:

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
I thought that was said as a joke to make fun of the people saying they saw pacman in the clouds.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I feel you, why is it the Melee stages with obnoxious gimmicks are the ones that get brought back, while the cool ones get the shaft? Nothing pissed 9 year-old me off more than flipping to the Melee stages section in Brawl and seeing that Princess Peach's Castle didn't get brought back, but instead that f***ing abomination that is Rainbow Cruise was brought back instead.

Sorry for getting off-topic, just needed to rant a bit.
Others include Yoshi's Island over Yoshi's Story, Jungle Japes over Kongo Jungle, Green Greens over Fountain of Dreams, Onett over Fourside...

At least we got Pokemon Stadium instead of Poke Floats.

Oh, and NES Ridley in Greniinja's trailer wasn't the only thing we "found".

rud.png

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
What rock?
That's what I've always wondered. :|

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I don't think he was standing above a pool of Phazon when he did that, but it's been awhile so my memory may not be best. Then again they were in a leviathan so that may have been all he needed to summon that phazite (yeah, I believe that's what the Phazon armorskin was called technically).

But as mentioned, staying to canon never happens in Smash anyway, so wouldn't have to make sense, not that I'm that big on transformation FS ideas for Ridley at this point.

Well so much for villains week, and now news of a trailer on the 20th.
Guess it was too good to be true. :c
@ Ridley_Prime Ridley_Prime what anime was your sig gifs from?
The new Sailor Moon series. They're the current Mercury and Mars to be exact. :3

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Ridley needs to wear some comfy shorts for one of his alternates :troll:
...I would love to pull up one picture with Lucario and Mewtwo right now
But I'm scared too, because the Lucario and Mewtwo fanbases are Minefields.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Lucario's fanbase? I know about Mewtwo's fanbase not coping with him, but I never heard any hostility from Lucario fans
I mean the two together.
Minefield. Only the Biggest will survive. :142:
Lacks tail and too small for Ridley (it is as big as a crow or something like that).

Or bikini. Just because Brain Bleach sells terribly.
Probably because it fades the color out.
We don't want White Brains. :090:
I don't think he was standing above a pool of Phazon when he did that, but it's been awhile so my memory may not be best. Then again they were in a leviathan so that may have been all he needed to summon that phazite (yeah, I believe that's what the Phazon armorskin was called technically).

But as mentioned, staying to canon never happens in Smash anyway, so wouldn't have to make sense, not that I'm that big on transformation FS ideas for Ridley at this point.

The new Sailor Moon series. They're the current Mercury and Mars to be exact. :3
God, Sailor Moon scared the crap outta me as a child. Don't know why.
...So did the Sonic Unleashed commerical on 4Kidz. That was terrifying. :035:
Meta Ridley is easily the best choice.
I'd think that Crocomire with Wings would be a good Alt. :004:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Top Bottom