• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Ridley won't be in Smash.
Dang I said it
I would like you to meet Alvin Xavierus Door (Or "A Door", for short), he's a master at telling people to please leave. Very polite fellow, I think you should take his advice. :013:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
It almost looks like you drew that on tin foil.
Oh my goodness, you are right! And it was just random....I think I will be testing more brushes, and more Ridley stuff, also, I think I like the efects in black and white....but my damned hand shakes....but oh well, everything for Ridley.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
But at least you have the practice and the coodination....my hand is still shaking every time I draw something.
Well, my drawing style is very messy and sketchy, so I guess that might circumvent any issues regarding that.

Ridley won't be in Smash.
Dang I said it
Don't worry lil' fella. With some practice you could easily resist those heretic urges of yours.
And with practice I mean the whip.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
A Bandana Dee supporter trolling Ridley supporters? Color me surprised :rolleyes:
I don't care how late in the game it is, I'm throwing in my support for Ridley as a playable fighter. About bloody time he got his due.
It is never too late to show support for our Cunning God of Death. Remember to not drink the water~

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Lacks tail and too small for Ridley (it is as big as a crow or something like that).
Size like that doesn't matter. As long as it is proportionate to another character in it's universe, it works. Fortunately, Samus was in Kirby Dream World 3. SNES Comparison:

DynaBlade is smaller, but not by too much (not counting wings). Still the lack of tail would get in the way. I think the DynaBlade post may have been a joke.

I'd like to see one an alt with the skin type of Brawley. Just the scaly and bony texture of the skin on the Ridley that is chosen. Meta-Ridley is good too.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Sorry, I couldn't help it. Also, I wasn't trying to troll. I was just expressing my beliefs

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
That PotD though... I wonder if we'll get Ridley in a Speedo.

I, We, uh Prrrrrobably won't be seeing that anytime soon

I hope nobody found that hidden link to the shirtless Roidley in that Commander Ridley Pic....

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Sorry, I couldn't help it. Also, I wasn't trying to troll. I was just expressing my beliefs
Then all one has to do is state that "I don't think Ridley is going to be a playable character," rather than pick on one's fellow users who hold a different opinion. If you wish to continue this further please go to PMs.

To everyone else, please get back on topic.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Then all one has to do is state that "I don't think Ridley is going to be a playable character," rather than pick on one's fellow users who hold a different opinion. If you wish to continue this further please go to PMs.

To everyone else, please get back on topic.
That's actually what I meant to say. I just worded it badly, i guess. Everyone, please continue discussing whatever it is you were discussing and pretend I was never here.
Unless you're talking about Ridley in speedos

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
...Oh. Mod cracked down before I could retaliate in kind. Hi, @ --- --- !

Also, daily reminder that RIDLEY IS PLAYABLE and this is 100% objective fact, I won't be wrong Sakurai will be, etc. Crap, I'm almost getting tired of going through that spiel. :laugh:

And Zamus isn't wearing a bikini, so whence Ridley in a Speedo? Our Commander is not that insecure!

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
As opposed to?
Gee, I wonder what character could have been implied. Can't possibly be the one you have named your account after and are currently using as your avatar.
I do think Bandanna Dee has a chance though. He's surprisingly relevant.
That said, that ain't Ridley!

I, We, uh Prrrrrobably won't be seeing that anytime soon
Oh. Right. You make the human versions of Ridley.
SPARE US PLEASE
ANYTHING BUT THAT

Grillus Eel

Smash Rookie
All these nice people welcoming me to this Space Pirate hootenanny. You're all cool.

I love you, and Ridley loves you. Don';t drink the water.
I love you too. What's so special about the water?

The longer the wait, the sweeter the reward.
Oh what a reward I could see
To have a Smash: Samus and Ridley
Together again as meant to be

Welcome supporter! you found the Ridley supporters sanctuary. A place the Ridley detractors and haters are repelled. A place where you can have common sense and not get insulted by it. :)
Sounds like an Eden, yeah?

It is never too late to show support for our Cunning God of Death. Remember to not drink the water~
Alright, seriously, what is up with this water.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I love how everyone makes a big deal about Zero Suit Samus when she's basically wearing the same clothing as the Wii Fit Trainer.

Also, nothing is more objectified than Ridley not wearing anything, thus, he's perfect for Smash 4! :shades:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I think Ridley will be in. I hope they pull a Alfonzo scenario where Ridley's on the Filed Meta Ridley or someone else could come in. The Only thing that is stopping him is other players grabbing him but im sure Sakurai and his team could make it work!

Nintendicted

Smash Cadet
To try and get back on topic (sort of) what do you guys think Ridley's trailer title would be, because there has been enough discussion of trailers. For example how Greninja's is Challenger from the Shadows, Palutena's is Goddess of Light, etc. Personally, I have no idea, that's why I'm asking you guys!

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
To try and get back on topic (sort of) what do you guys think Ridley's trailer title would be, because there has been enough discussion of trailers. For example how Greninja's is Challenger from the Shadows, Palutena's is Goddess of Light, etc. Personally, I have no idea, that's why I'm asking you guys!
Already went over this 10000000000000005 pages ago.

Ridley flies into the fight
Ridley murders the competition
Ridley sizes up the competition
Ridley hits the big time
Ridley IS NOT TOO BIG

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
And Bandana Dee will, right? :laugh:
Didn't the mod just say that it's fine to have an opinion and not to pick on users who have a different opinion? Did he not? Did I read the text wrong? Did I? I don't think so. Bandana Dee and Ridley have near identical levels of chance for playability, but this isn't the thread for that.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
"Evil Looms" would be good, I think, given the fact that he flies.

Speaking of flying, I'm curious, what is the consensus on why Ridley is able to fly so freely (not to mention strangely steadily) when Sakurai seems to be severely limiting the ability of characters to fly in these games?

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I think "Nemesis from the Past" is a pretty good one, then again, it took me about 2 minutes to think of this, so the other (more creative) members of the thread may think of something better.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
"Evil Looms" would be good, I think, given the fact that he flies.

Speaking of flying, I'm curious, what is the consensus on why Ridley is able to fly so freely (not to mention strangely steadily) when Sakurai seems to be severely limiting the ability of characters to fly in these games?
There is probably a time limit bound to it, akin to R.O.B.'s recovery in that it recharges while on the ground. Unlimited flight would be all kinds of crazy, not to mention exploitative to no end.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Shadow of the Colossus

Cunning God of Death.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
As opposed to?
I'm guessing Bandana Dee... Oh lord. What if the Dee Supporters start blaming Ridley for getting in over him? Their relationship will be like Mewtwo x Lucario/Greninja; the idiots will believe they can't co-exist in the same game! D:

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I'm guessing Bandana Dee... Oh lord. What if the Dee Supporters start blaming Ridley for getting in over him? Their relationship will be like Mewtwo x Lucario/Greninja; the idiots will believe they can't co-exist in the same game! D:
I doubt it'd come to that. They're not even in the same franchise, there's no "replacing" going on.

UnstableBeing

Smash Cadet
There is probably a time limit bound to it, akin to R.O.B.'s recovery in that it recharges while on the ground. Unlimited flight would be all kinds of crazy, not to mention exploitative to no end.
What if the unlimited flight was like what water Kirby can do in Return to Dreamland : he can hover if there is a walkable area under him and it has a set maximum height.

Nintendicted

Smash Cadet
Shadow of the Colossus

Cunning God of Death.
That one's pretty good. I was just trying to keep the topic going while we...painstakingly wait...for more...info. Supporting Ridley kinda sucks if you're impatient, but it will be so, SO, SO worth it.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
I think tonights potd has the me the most worried of all the ones since the shadow. One year since Pyrosperes reveal. For Sakurai to show him as just a boss tonight would crush me, I think.

Edit: As for tagline if this thread is correct and he's playable I kinda like

Ridley is on the hunt!

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Courtesy of @ SmilingMad SmilingMad

Nah I'm kidding
(◡‿◡✿)
IMG_0923.PNG
(ʘʘ✿) No I'm not

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
That doesn't make sense, one is a giant, purple, space dragon from Metroid that fights with a feral style based around clawing and flying. The other is a short, round, bandanna wearing, mook that fights with a spear from Kirby. At least Mewtwo and Lucario/Greninja are Pokemon with standard Bs that are projectiles you have to charge.

SaurusHam

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1521-3410-9184
I may not have been in this thread for a year but I certainly supported the purple dragon for many years and now we are in the final stretch? Glad to show my support, as late as it is.

Top Bottom