• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Uh oh, haters gonna hate.

What say, to flood or not to flood that scumbag's image page with comments? (the already existing comments are pretty cancerous too) Even though I'd normally say those kind of people aren't worth it, it's somewhat tempting with what we got going for us now. D:
How did Metaknight get so big? D: I thought he was getting a nerf in Smash 4.

Also, what a strange thing to be. Anti-first party character-getting in?

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Fair enough. I love having a discussion like this
*looks at thread we're in

I think I discuss Ridley more outside of this thread than in it xD

I'm not trying to discourage you or anything. I just don't think it's as clear cut as people here make it out to be, and I definitely think people here are too harsh on newcomers to the thread that aren't convinced one way or the other...

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
Y'know how Fire Emblem has 4 reps now? Maybe Metroid's getting Riddles and Rhundas or Sylux or someone.
That is what I was thinking, Ridley takes up most of the trailer but Sylux comes in at the end and fights Ridey or something. It is a legitimate possibility seeing as how FE got 4 reps.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Tiki's Trophy had Id~ Purpose play over it, which was Robin's theme in FE: A.

Psuedo-Palutena's trophy had KId Icarus's main theme, which Sakurai says could be seen as Palutena's own theme.

King Kihunter's trophy have VS Ridley play over it.

Fi's trophy had the Ballad of the Goddess remix, which includes parts of Ghirahim's theme.

Now I'm not saying to go out and buy all the tin foil you can, guys...
If it was mostly Ballad of the Goddess and the song and it did hint at the character, wouldn't it make more sense to be Fi?

I think the other reason a character like Robin was picked (yet only has one game), is because they can be made either gender, and a few other reasons, like how the characters normally change up, but I haven't played much of Fire Emblem so could be completely wrong.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
That is what I was thinking, Ridley takes up most of the trailer but Sylux comes in at the end and fights Ridey or something. It is a legitimate possibility seeing as how FE got 4 reps.
Except there hasn't been a selling Metroid game for years, whereas FE Awakening was FE's biggest hit ever.

Don't count on it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
*looks at thread we're in

I think I discuss Ridley more outside of this thread than in it xD

I'm not trying to discourage you or anything. I just don't think it's as clear cut as people here make it out to be, and I definitely think people here are too harsh on newcomers to the thread that aren't convinced one way or the other...
No worries mate! I will never be discouraged for Ridley, and if he somehow isn't playable, there's always next time

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Last edited:

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
So...interesting day, huh?

After today's crazy happenings and Sakurai Chrom trolling, I gotta say my chances for Ridley have gone from 40% to 75%.

First, the disconfirmation of Gematsu means the sky's the limit for characters now! And the addition of Lucina, a clone / semi-clone, shows that Sakurai won't shy away from adding characters that don't have entirely unique move sets. So I now thoroughly expect Dixie Kong since she'd be an almost-clone of Diddy. So if by any chance Ridley was a last-minute addition due to fan demand and needed to be developed fast, the possibility that he'd borrow some moves or animations from other characters isn't out of the question.

Second, the Trophy Quiz Theory – which had been dismissed because Gematsu didn't predict a Zelda or Metroid character – is now back in play! And without Sal Romano holding it back, it makes sense on sooooo many levels. Robin and Lucina's reveals give this theory another point in its favor, of course.

More important, though, is the simple "duh" aspect regarding the question of whether Sakurai would want to add a Zelda Newcomer (Ghirahim, Impa, and / or classic Gannon) to Smash 4. Zelda is a huge-selling franchise for Nintendo, and it would be a huge missed opportunity for them not to include a Zelda Newcomer to promote the series in general and Hyrule Warriors in particular. The timing for a Zelda Newcomer reveal around the time of Hyrule Warriors Japan release is too perfect to pass up. Moreover, I'd bet money that Zelda will become like Fire Emblem in that Smash games will now include characters from the most recent game, even if they are one-off villains or sidekicks.

So after today I'd put the odds of a Zelda Newcomer at 80%.

This would leave Metroid as the only series with a trophy featured in the Smash Direct. With 3 out of 4 of the trophies confirmed as Newcomers, it would be too much of a coincidence for the Trophy Quiz to NOT be a deliberate hint from Sakurai. Hence, there is a Metroid Newcomer.

Third, at this point there is no remaining plausible Newcomer that could bring close to the hype that Ridley would bring. Ridley is PERFECT as the final Newcomer to be revealed pre-3DS-release as last-minute hype-booster in late August or early September. Shulk would be a good reveal for August, or maybe in Ridley's intro video battling against him. Chorus Kids, Dixie, and others would be revealed post-release, and likely wouldn't get videos due to Sakurai's comment of nearing the end of the stash of prepared Newcomer vids.

All of this really raises Ridley's chances a huge amount, doesn't it?

I have to admit that I was depressingly resigned to the near certainty that the Gematsu 3 were the final 3 Newcomers. Today was a good day.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Fair enough. I love having a discussion like this

Easy mistake as the title doesn't have the word support in it

even non Ridley supporter like it, and a talented lady should never be nervous of showing her talent!

my god, does it sound like I'm trying to hit on Andrea?
In that case you shall have more fans of your art, heh.

I'm kinda shy...well....too shy...and seeing things like these comments make me nervous....and I haven't reached the level of pofessionalism I would like to have so I can show my stuff in other places...

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
How did Metaknight get so big? D: I thought he was getting a nerf in Smash 4.

Also, what a strange thing to be. Anti-first party character-getting in?
Now that I think about it, that makes the image itself even more funny, considering the uploader's description was

If it's too big, don't even try to scale it down to a suitable size. It just won't work.

I'm an Anti-Ridley4Smash guy and damn proud of it. If Ridley does get confirmed, then I'll be glad to kick some Ridleyfag asses. *cracks knuckles*
So not only scum but hypocrite too, considering he made Meta Knight look bigger than he normally is?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

I'm kinda shy...well....too shy...and seeing things like these comments make me nervous....and I haven't reached the level of pofessionalism I would like to have so I can show my stuff in other places...
How hard is it to draw a extremely well detailed Ridley again? How well do you draw Ridley? If you are too nervous, you could have a different username or something

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I do agree with the one guy on Deviantart who says that (Meta) Ridley's trophy is hard to get. It was THE hardest trophy for me to get in the game, took me 10 tries at least

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
While Im thrilled Robin is in (and chrom isn't) that is neither here nor there.

Now Im even more curious about what they are gonna do in august for the direct.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Now that I think about it, that makes the image itself even more funny, considering the uploader's description was

"If it's too big, don't even try to scale it down to a suitable size. It just won't work.

I'm an Anti-Ridley4Smash guy and damn proud of it. If Ridley does get confirmed, then I'll be glad to kick some Ridleyfag *****. *cracks knuckles*"

So not only scum but hypocrite too, considering he made Meta Knight look bigger than he normally is?
It appear so. Well, that or he is implying Metaknight tried to borrow Jigglypuffs final smash and things went horribly wrong. I don't really understand the point of being Anti-Ridley, of which I mean, desperately disliking the idea of him being playable in any form.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
(f it's too big, don't even try to scale it down to a suitable size. It just won't work.

I'm an Anti-Ridley4Smash guy and damn proud of it. If Ridley does get confirmed, then I'll be glad to kick some Ridley*&^ *****. *cracks knuckles*)

When did this happen? I blinked at it went! Damn, I'm glad the mods might only be peeved that I accidentaly double post sometime

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
(f it's too big, don't even try to scale it down to a suitable size. It just won't work.

I'm an Anti-Ridley4Smash guy and damn proud of it. If Ridley does get confirmed, then I'll be glad to kick some Ridley*&^ *****. *cracks knuckles*)

When did this happen? I blinked at it went! Damn, I'm glad the mods might only be peeved that I accidentaly double post sometime
Don't worry about it. It didn't happen here; was just something I quoted from deviantart. Done talking about that now though.

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
I'm hoping for 5 more newcomers Ridley, Shulk, Impa, K. Rool, and Medusa/Hades. (In that order). But I'd take Ridley if it was him and four other newcomers vs someone else and those four.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

What say, to flood or not to flood that scumbag's image page with comments? (the already existing comments are pretty cancerous too) Even though I'd normally say those kind of people aren't worth it, it's somewhat tempting with what we got going for us now. D:
Does this reply look good?

I'd say something, but I doubt either of us has enough patience to argue with each other.

We'll just waste countless post trying to tell the other how one thing he says doesn't make sense and instead the other thing is like that and yadda yadda. We explain our view, but the other just won't take us seriously and reply. It eventually becomes a never ending mess with neither of us getting our points through. Such is the sad truth of internet arguments.

You're probably better than that, but we'd still be in deep argument.

But as long as we stay civil and not be jerks to either party, there'll be no issue whatsoever. Just, don't use comments like " I'll be glad to kick some Ridleyfag asses." because that only makes you look like a jerk. I mean, I get you disagree with the majority's opinion about Ridley, but not for that you have to be rude to them.

If you want though, we can talk about it if you're curious about just why the heck I'm in favor of Ridley.
I could also say.

Ironically, the Meta Knight in that pic is about as big as Samus was in Other M. The only logical explanation is that Ridley was shrunken down. :troll:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I do agree with the one guy on Deviantart who says that (Meta) Ridley's trophy is hard to get. It was THE hardest trophy for me to get in the game, took me 10 tries at least
ugh... This and finishing boss mode on intense is just ugh..

Hint: you'll HATE Galleon (the game crashed at one point and I was fighting him that was hilarious because he's so ANNOYING).

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I really am excited for Ridley's reveal more than ever now that I realized how people will realize that we were right all along they were the ones "in denial"

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Does this mean I'm your Kouhai?
I hope not, because that would mean Ridley isn't in again and we have to wait another 6 years. No, you must surpass the master.

I'm Phaaz's agent. All roles and modeling requests go through me.
If I'm not on the cover of Time Magazine in a year your fired.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Idk if you guys have seen this already, but this video kills the Ridley would look dumb resized argument, cuz this is just freaking awesome, and if hackers can do this, just imagine what sakurai can do!! :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vpkah44iBs
I saw this before going on the boards! I have a few problems, but that is because floating and not Other M design

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
If he really does want to try to fight Ridley players if he's in, I think someone should totally take note of his name and when the game comes out, contact him asking to fight and then beat him with Ridley. Not that it proves anything, it's just that someone so utterly pretentious and horrid deserves an ironic punishment.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I only aim for Person of the Year. Not this cover ****
If you can't hit both simultaneously you don't have what it takes. I have the perfect image, I'm doing the hard part. All you have to do is extract as much money from those ******** as possible. FEEL YOUR INNER GREED

Top Bottom