• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
the shadows pretty much confirm him
Still I wouldn't be 100% sure I'm only at 80%. 10 comes from the fact that Ridley has been extremely wanted since Melee, 5 from that fact he was teased as a boss, and 5 because popular characters like Waluigi and Chrom weren't added.

Chriz_Sevenfold

Smash Apprentice
Have some concept art of Dark Meta Ridley.
I know im really behind, but its cuz i was away for a bit, but anyway, this concept art isnt for dark meta ridley, it was for a concept in metroid prime which was scrapped in which the chozo got ahold of ridley and outfitted him with their technology, which is why his wings are feather like and he has a birds beak

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Y'know how Fire Emblem has 4 reps now? Maybe Metroid's getting Riddles and Rhundas or Sylux or someone.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
I kid you not, they never explained it.
They have. In the beginning of development, everyone was excited to be making a new Metroid, for the Wii. As development furthered, some things began to become apart to some of the designers. Minor things at first, Samus talked. Slowly, she started talking more, and saying things we would not expect her to. Ridley started taking steroids, nobody said anything because, would you argue with a giant purple space dragon? The changes continues, the story being overly dramatized without needing to be, and having a chain of incredibly dumb side characters. The fps style game-play of Prime which encouraged exploration, slowly changing into a linear action adventure. At one point they took a look and saw what had become of it, and tried to change it back. The money, said no. In shame, they renamed the title, Other M, deeming is so far off from the rest of the franchise, they needed to distinguish it as, The Other Metroid.

Or, that's what I like to believe, :p

Last edited:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Tiki's Trophy had Id~ Purpose play over it, which was Robin's theme in FE: A.

Psuedo-Palutena's trophy had KId Icarus's main theme, which Sakurai says could be seen as Palutena's own theme.

King Kihunter's trophy have VS Ridley play over it.

Fi's trophy had the Ballad of the Goddess remix, which includes parts of Ghirahim's theme.

Now I'm not saying to go out and buy all the tin foil you can, guys...

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Is it weird that with clone Lucina I find Dark Pit extremely likely now?
No, but it sure makes Dark Samus's deconfirmation even more... disappointing. We can have clones like them but not Dark Sammy? All still forgivable if we get Ridley though of course, but you know.

Y'know how Fire Emblem has 4 reps now? Maybe Metroid's getting Riddles and Rhundas or Sylux or someone.
Let's not get into pre-Brawl levels of optimism here. Again, we didn't get Dark Samus, so why would we get those guys, even if we got Ridley?

D

Deleted member

4+ Reps for Everyone!

The Smash Roster will never be TOO BIG for any franchise anymore!
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY EQUALITY.

Oh if only that had some semblance of possibility without Smash becoming a MUGEN... Oh well. :ohwell:

Last edited by a moderator:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Tiki's Trophy had Id~ Purpose play over it, which was Robin's theme in FE: A.

Psuedo-Palutena's trophy had KId Icarus's main theme, which Sakurai says could be seen as Palutena's own theme.

King Kihunter's trophy have VS Ridley play over it.

Fi's trophy had the Ballad of the Goddess remix, which includes parts of Ghirahim's theme.

Now I'm not saying to go out and buy all the tin foil you can, guys...
Oh my gosh... the seams are sowing together now to make the best smash bros roster in history. Spread the word to the interwbes, copy and paste it on 5 youtube videos to get kissed on the nearest possible friday! Just get the word out!

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I''m fine with any of the Prime Hunters. I have an odd nostalgia for that game, as it was the first Metroid I ever played (don't judge ;-;). It was the one that got me into the rest of Metroid games.

4+ Reps for Everyone!

The Smash Roster will never be TOO BIG for any franchise anymore!
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY EQUALITY.
I can honestly see that happening, with the exception of one-off characters, like M.G&W, Ice Climbers, etc.

Lord Ike

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
I really doubt that RIdley is going to be in Smash 4. People keep trying to say that Sakurai confirmed him as a playable character in this Nintendo Direct. If he was playable, why would Sakurai tease him when talking about bosses. It's really basic logic. If you still believe that this confirmed Ridley as being playable, then you are just in denial.

Crocovile

Smash Apprentice
@The Soulless One

Bah, Rosalina is a cosmic single mom, and that's how I like it. She don't need no man/woman/something in her life. Besides, no ship is safe as long as I'm here.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I really doubt that RIdley is going to be in Smash 4. People keep trying to say that Sakurai confirmed him as a playable character in this Nintendo Direct. If he was playable, why would Sakurai tease him when talking about bosses. It's really basic logic. If you still believe that this confirmed Ridley as being playable, then you are just in denial.
I thought you were better than that Ike considering you have inside information and are part of the roster yourself.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
...I realize we can't shoo you out, but can''t you let us have our moment of optimism?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
good enough, but Sakurai has given us tons of stuff to speculate with and with pretty much nothing to argue against it
Here's what I have so far that's definite

Against Ridley - Sakurai implied Ridley was a stage hazard/Metroid series has been kinda dead lately

For Ridley - Sakurai is the biggest troll on his half of the planet and mine/Ridley hasn't been explicitly deconfirmed yet/All other decent metroid characters (read: Dark Samus) not playable

Does it confirm Ridley? No. Do I like Ridley's chances? yes.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
the main problem with that argument being that Sakurai knows Ridley is highly requested and the fact he didn't name Ridley

Hong

The Strongest
Want to question Ridley's validity as a fighter? Fine, sure.

But don't go calling people "in denial". There are many ways to voice your opinion without antagonizing a community. @Jerry Applesauce does a fine job of it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Here's what I have so far that's definite

Against Ridley - Sakurai implied Ridley was a stage hazard/Metroid series has been kinda dead lately

For Ridley - Sakurai is the biggest troll on his half of the planet and mine/Ridley hasn't been explicitly deconfirmed yet/All other decent metroid characters (read: Dark Samus) not playable

Does it confirm Ridley? No. Do I like Ridley's chances? yes.
Sakurai is listening to fans that don't live in the East and hasn't called Ridley out by name, just like with Palutena

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
@The Soulless One

Bah, Rosalina is a cosmic single mom, and that's how I like it. She don't need no man/woman/something in her life. Besides, no ship is safe as long as I'm here.
You cannot hold back the power of internet shippings. Especially when these exist.

Sakurai teases characters all the time. It was a large discussion topic a lot of pages back.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I posted the trophy quiz theory music tin foil hat business on the smash bros subreddit.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Sakurai is listening to fans that don't live in the East and hasn't called Ridley out by name, just like with Palutena
Those would fall under the Not explicitly deconfirmed and huge troll pros.

I'm not giving popularity or the fact that metroid needs another rep any weight because brawl, and because the series is kinda dead atm. Plus those points don't matter since we know Ridley's in the game in some form.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
You're a great artist, doen't be shocked by positive feedback!
Thank you, really...but well....I have no problem when I post these drawings here.....but now the entire internet is going to see it...it gets me nervous.....

D

Deleted member

@The Soulless One

So what I'm hearing you say is that you're a pirate...
a SPACE Pirate!

AHA!
IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.

I don't know what's gotten into me all of sudden...

I'm so sorry.

/lowqualitydictionexploitation

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Thank you, really...but well....I have no problem when I post these drawings here.....but now the entire internet is going to see it...it gets me nervous.....
In that case you shall have more fans of your art, heh.

Lord Ike

Smash Rookie
Oh, I apologize. I though this was a discussion thread. Excuse me for being blind to that.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Uh oh, haters gonna hate.

What say, to flood or not to flood that scumbag's image page with comments? (the already existing comments are pretty cancerous too) Even though I'd normally say those kind of people aren't worth it, it's somewhat tempting with what we got going for us now. D:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Those would fall under the Not explicitly deconfirmed and huge troll pros.

I'm not giving popularity or the fact that metroid needs another rep any weight because brawl, and because the series is kinda dead atm. Plus those points don't matter since we know Ridley's in the game in some form.
Fair enough. I love having a discussion like this

Oh, I apologize. I though this was a discussion thread. Excuse me for being blind to that.
Easy mistake as the title doesn't have the word support in it

even non Ridley supporter like it, and a talented lady should never be nervous of showing her talent!

my god, does it sound like I'm trying to hit on Andrea?

HALP I DUN GOOFD AGAIN

Top Bottom