• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I feel like it really is warranted now to compile the best posts of Ridley's evidence to the OP. I organize and make it look pretty if you want, and I'll need everyone to tell/send me the best posts proving/supporting his playability in the game. I really want a single location where I can send detractors to argue their arguments. It will also stop the spam in the thread of "Lol Ridley's not playable idiots" and now we would just be able to reply with "Read the OP" instead of a tangent.

@ IsmaR IsmaR If I'm willing to create this add on, will you add it? Oasis said we could do whatever we wanted with the OP. That's permission if you ask me

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Third, at this point there is no remaining plausible Newcomer that could bring close to the hype that Ridley would bring. Ridley is PERFECT as the final Newcomer to be revealed pre-3DS-release as last-minute hype-booster in late August or early September. Shulk would be a good reveal for August, or maybe in Ridley's intro video battling against him. Chorus Kids, Dixie, and others would be revealed post-release, and likely wouldn't get videos due to Sakurai's comment of nearing the end of the stash of prepared Newcomer vids.

All of this really raises Ridley's chances a huge amount, doesn't it?

I have to admit that I was depressingly resigned to the near certainty that the Gematsu 3 were the final 3 Newcomers. Today was a good day.
Do you remember the hype at the SSBM reveal? When everyone thought that Ridley would finally be playable?

It'll be like that, but more hyped, because there are more of us now!

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I feel like it really is warranted now to compile the best posts of Ridley's evidence to the OP. I organize and make it look pretty if you want, and I'll need everyone to tell/send me the best posts proving/supporting his playability in the game. I really want a single location where I can send detractors to argue their arguments. It will also stop the spam in the thread of "Lol Ridley's not playable idiots" and now we would just be able to reply with "Read the OP" instead of a tangent.

@ IsmaR IsmaR If I'm willing to create this add on, will you add it? Osmar said we could do whatever we wanted with the OP. That's permission if you ask me
Plus, I think Oasis gave his permission to change OPs. Too lazy to find the post tho...

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
If you can't hit both simultaneously you don't have what it takes. I have the perfect image, I'm doing the hard part. All you have to do is extract as much money from those *******s as possible. FEEL YOUR INNER GREED
I..... I..... I...... I AM FEELING THE PHAAZOID WITHIN ME

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Idk if you guys have seen this already, but this video kills the Ridley would look dumb resized argument, cuz this is just freaking awesome, and if hackers can do this, just imagine what sakurai can do!! :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vpkah44iBs
We have seen the anti-Ridley side using this as proof that a resized Ridley would lokk stupid, sorry !
1st rule of the Ridley fanbase: Kill the opposite side at sight, no reasoning will work !

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
YOU'RE GONNA BE THE GOD**** PRESIDENT.... NO! WORLD LEADER WITH MY AGENCY BY YOUR SIDE. NOTHING CAN STOP OUR CLIMB THE TOP! NOTHING
I swear to god if you have any kids I'm murdering them now not letting that anakin **** happen again

How do you think I ended up a robot

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
Could someone post that other version of this image? One with Meta Ridley designed like something between a zombie, Meta Ridley and a dromeosaur.
WHEEEEEEEEEE?

As you wish...
:eek:My head hurts...
]
...come to love Ridsalina soon enough, it takes about 10 gallons for people to be converted...
10 gallons? Hm, strange, it only took me about 5 gallons...
YOU'RE GONNA BE THE GOD**** PRESIDENT.... NO! WORLD LEADER WITH MY AGENCY BY YOUR SIDE. NOTHING CAN STOP OUR CLIMB THE TOP! NOTHING
Some splounge water for you sir?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
No I think we should stick to calling it splounge water. We only want people who are stupid enough to drink something called splounge water to drink it. We don't want the underlings too smart.

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
THERE WILL BE NO CHILDREN IN THE PHAAZOID WORLD ORDER

DIABETES IS ALSO NON-EXISTANT IN THE NEW WORLD ORDER
...The medication's not working is it...
God just calling it splounge water makes me not want to drink it

it sounds like a sponge's jiz or something.

eugh
That's probably one of the reasons everyone says not to drink the water...

ALL SHALL BOW BEFORE RIDLEY AND THOSE WHO DON'T MUST DRINK THE WATER AND REFER TO STEP ONE
Don't mind me I'm just going crazy because of the water.

Nevermind, sanity has returned. Just side effects from the initial splurging awhile back.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
No I think we should stick to calling it splounge water. We only want people who are stupid enough to drink something called splounge water to drink it. We don't want the underlings too smart.
We don't want anyone to drink it, it makes you too big makes you become a detractor.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Does this reply look good?

I could also say.
Yeah, looks solid. If anything I'd so go ahead and post that as a reply if you haven't already. Not that I was gonna outright flame the dude if I bothered making a comment there, but it's good to have that kind of civility in response to such a thing, to show that we're "better" than them in that respect.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Jesus Christ, I got slapped in the face - but in a good way. Thank you, Sakurai!

I'm joining the Ridley bandwagon again (and the Robin one).

Bobomberman

Smash Cadet
I just thought about something, I feel like the single most jarring thing for me as far as Ridley being a character goes is the thought of Samus being able to grab him holding him all helpless like (complete with smacking Ridley upside the head while holding him). That's something that should never happen... like ever as far as Ridely's character is concerned. Just a minor thing I know, and if it's between that and not playing Ridley than the choice is obvious, I want to play as my friendly neighborhood Space Pirate Dragon Dinosaur. Still that's the sort of thing that might be seen as unacceptable to the designers themselves.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I just thought about something, I feel like the single most jarring thing for me as far as Ridley being a character goes is the thought of Samus being able to grab him holding him all helpless like (complete with smacking Ridley upside the head while holding him). That's something that should never happen... like ever as far as Ridely's character is concerned. Just a minor thing I know, and if it's between that and not playing Ridley than the choice is obvious, I want to play as my friendly neighborhood Space Pirate Dragon Dinosaur. Still that's the sort of thing that might be seen as unacceptable to the designers themselves.
Welcome, don't drink the water.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Are we in the public-admiration/confession cycle now?

@WingedSnagret ???
I think you mean admiration for phaazoid cycle

look
STUFF LIKE THIS IS WHY I LOVE THE RIDLEY THREAD! You guys somehow manage to crack me up daily, especially Phaazoid
daww

Just side effects from the initial splurging awhile back.
splurging, splounging, it all sounds terrible @.@

I mean, link can grab ganon in smash. That's just as, if not more jarring, imo. He's kinda more powerful than Ridley, and technically only the master sword/light arrows should be able to touch him, not a grappling hook.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

Olimar can grab a 250 pound Muscle Man (Ike) with tiny little bugs. But Samus can't grab a downsized Ridley with a space lazer.

Okay.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
We have seen the anti-Ridley side using this as proof that a resized Ridley would lokk stupid, sorry !
1st rule of the Ridley fanbase: Kill the opposite side at sight, no reasoning will work !

Let's go ;-;

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Yeah, looks solid. If anything I'd so go ahead and post that as a reply if you haven't already. Not that I was gonna outright flame the dude if I bothered making a comment there, but it's good to have that kind of civility in response to such a thing, to show that we're "better" than them in that respect.
Alright, I'll reply him right away. See how things turn out.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, have we reached a general consensus on how today's spectacularly amazing reveal affects Ridley's chances?

Top Bottom