• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
I'm slightly more confident in ridley being playable after this mornings announcement. As during the Smash direct we got 4 trivia trophies shown off and so far two of those franchises received new characters from those exact games. They showed off Tiki from fire emblem awakening and today we got lucina and robin from that game, and psuedo palutena lead to the real palutena. They showed the Ki hunter hive from other M so i'm assuming other M ridley is playable and that what we saw in the direct was either ridley using one of his specials that allow him to fly, or him during his post final smash activating.
Thanks for reminding me, I meant to ask this. What do you guys think of the possibility that a playable Ridley does not walk and is instead always flying a little bit off the ground? I ask because that is the first thing I thought of when I saw the shadow in the Direct, and that point where he stays still for a little while before going to the left side of the screen, looks like an unfinished idle animation.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Thanks for reminding me, I meant to ask this. What do you guys think of the possibility that a playable Ridley does not walk and is instead always flying a little bit off the ground? I ask because that is the first thing I thought of when I saw the shadow in the Direct, and that point where he stays still for a little while before going to the left side of the screen, looks like an unfinished idle animation.
Stupid idea, Ridley spends most of his fights in the air, but about 49% of the time, he walks/crawls

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Whoa, that's pretty significant. Such confusion has been rampant ever since Ridley's shadow graced the internet, yet no official clarification on what his role actually is.

This has got to be the best piece of evidence for Ridley yet.
The ambiguity that Sakurai showed with the whole shadow business has become more questionable with each passing update, and it's becoming clearer and clearer to me that Ridley was NOT deconfirmed yet. Until Sakurai says he's deconfirmed like Chrom just was hours ago, I'd say our purple dragon has a good chance at being playable. I'm not getting my hopes up though, but I do think he's got a high percentage chance to be playable now, with the leaks being shattered.

EDIT: Also, 1138. Good stuff. There was also the Stormtrooper reference in Samus' last pic of the day. It's all coming together now!

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
No, all he said was Pit's gliding mechanic as cut.
Hmm, I guess I goofed, been a minute since I saw the Smash Direct, so yeah. I still think he shouldn't have any kind of flying special and just hover like Peach . There's no real reason for Peach to have that ability by herself.

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
I guess I should have been more detailed in what I meant when I said boss character :p Meant it to be something along the lines of Yellow Devil.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I just feel like sakurai is trying to pull in as many characters as possible which is why FE suddenly jumped from 2 to 4 reps and the fact that a final smash that allows ridley to soar across the map would be the perfect way to fool someone into thinking he isn't playable. He's also constantly jabbing at size comparisons which are the mains reasons people point to for ridley being impossible. He's gotten pac man to work (something many thought ironically was impossible). Plus like i said it feels all to coincidental that two franchises out of the four shown in the direct eventually had characters from those EXACT games announced. And seeing as he said they are reaching the end of new reveal videos is only makes sense that ridley would be one of the last announced newcomers that would cause a loud amount of chit-chat among smash players.

I also feel it's because ridley might be playable is why pyrospehere wasn't playable at E3. It's especially odd given that pyroshpere was also for a long time the primary stage that sakurai would feature in pic of the days as well as it always being shown off in trailers, yet not once have we seen ridley and the stage has been shown off during the non-FD version and also if the yellow devils respawn time is anything to go off then ridley's appearances if he were to be a boss character would be very frequent.

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
If there is a Villain's trailer I want it to go something like this: It shows Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong running through a forest looking back and then a cannonball flies over their heads. Pikachu and Charizard are lost in Curlean Cave trying to find a way out and a shadowball flies in between them. Kirby is on the Halberd and Metaknight's sword slashes in front of the screen. Link gasps and pulls out a light arrow, you hear Ganondorf laughing. And finally Samus looks up into the air, you can hear Ridley roaring. It cuts back to each hero and villain fighting confirming them and then it shows an Other M Roidley on Pyrosphere. Ridley never had a confirmation screen, and then Ridley tackles Roidley sending him flying. A Ridley confirmation screen.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I guess I should have been more detailed in what I meant when I said boss character :p Meant it to be something along the lines of Yellow Devil.
Ridley hasn't been explicitly confirmed as a boss character or deconfirmed as a playable character yet, so you and a lot of us are in the same boat in terms of evidence, just on the opposite sides of the argument.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I would like to remind Ridley fans of this potentially good news.

The only leak today that stays alive today, even over the might Gematsu (even though that's up for debate), is Foul Mouth Leaker. Who includes Ridley in his leak. I think this is the dawn of a prosperity for us Ridley fans.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I knew what you had meant. But it was important that you stated it the way that you did, because that's exactly how Sakurai stated it. I wanted to point out that ambiguity to you.

You're free to your opinion, of course.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

The only leak today that stays alive today, even over the might Gematsu (even though that's up for debate), is Foul Mouth Leaker. Who includes Ridley in his leak. I think this is the dawn of a prosperity for us Ridley fans.
Whatevs, I'm a strong, independent supporter who don't need no leak!

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
I just want to say I'm all for Ridley just that Sakurai hints at a stage boss character, so that's I assume he'll be. It is Sakurai though so anything can happen.

Crocovile

Smash Apprentice
I didn't really give him longer legs, it's all about perspective. Work with what's already there instead of trying to force change onto it.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340

Leak.jpg

This one includes Chorus Men and Shulk also, with Mewtwo, Ridley, and more than 50 characters, which is good. It's the only leak yet to be disproven and I posted it again for reference. I REALLY hope if Ridley gets in, K Rool does too, because they really should debut in Smash together

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
View attachment 18184

This one includes Chorus Men and Shulk also, with Mewtwo, Ridley, and more than 50 characters, which is good. It's the only leak yet to be disproven and I posted it again for reference. I REALLY hope if Ridley gets in, K Rool does too, because they really should debut in Smash together
I don't believe him unless I see more of his info

ender_idk

Smash Journeyman
If there is a Villain's trailer I want it to go something like this: It shows Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong running through a forest looking back and then a cannonball flies over their heads. Pikachu and Charizard are lost in Curlean Cave trying to find a way out and a shadowball flies in between them. Kirby is on the Halberd and Metaknight's sword slashes in front of the screen. Link gasps and pulls out a light arrow, you hear Ganondorf laughing. And finally Samus looks up into the air, you can hear Ridley roaring. It cuts back to each hero and villain fighting confirming them and then it shows an Other M Roidley on Pyrosphere. Ridley never had a confirmation screen, and then Ridley tackles Roidley sending him flying. A Ridley confirmation screen.

Welcome to the thread man, good thing you're joining in at such a great time honestly!

Oh yea, and great trailer idea!

Oh and remember to NOT drink the water.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
View attachment 18184

Don't buy it. The confirmation of Robin and lack of mention of both Robin and Lucina also heavily goes against it. We don't need a leak to believe Ridley is playable.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
I was under the impression that the foul mouth leak was using gematsu's as its basis, since it also has shulk and the chorus kids (but it actually explains what they do)

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Don't buy it. The confirmation of Robin and lack of mention of both Robin and Lucina also heavily goes against it. We don't need a leak to believe Ridley is playable.
I see that. But also, given that this guy seems to not care about the games too much, many swordsmen could have just blended together in his eyes.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
View attachment 18184

If that leak were inspired by Sal, it's interesting that it doesn't include Chrom, but does include everything else on his list.

If that leak is independent of Sal (as in, doesn't know that Sal's exists), then it would be a very cool "new info" vs "outdated info", where's Sal's in the outdated info.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I want to see the Foul Mouth leak.
Edit: The updates didn't even pop up. What.

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135

Now people migrating to a new leak, I was hoping other leak credibility would have died with Sal's

Also people might want to check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTES50ekTlE#t=4m48s

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I see that. But also, given that this guy seems to not care about the games too much, many swordsmen could have just blended together in his eyes.
The way it is written screams that it was written just to draw attention.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Thanks @Ryuma for favoriting old posts! I tend to lose my work over a thousand pages.

For newbies who want to know if Ridley has a chance, here's his size based on the shadow of his Direct.

Top Bottom